Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are going to end up becoming FA this year?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Who are going to end up becoming FA this year?
Max Jean-Giles
Winston Justice
Alex Smith
Jason Avant
Leonard Weaver
Eldra Buckley
PJ Hill
Jason Babin
Chris Gocong
Omar Gaither
Akeem Jordan
Ellis Hobbs
Sean Jones

And Vick has a team opt out clause and Stacy Andrews has a contract designed so that the Eagles can cut him without paying him.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow....3 Lbs, 2 key O line guys, FB.

Lots of key positions, draft is going to be amazing
Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving all of this Eagles hype, DeSean Jackson is getting SO much hype it is unbelievable right now, he might be the most talked about receiver in the NFL right now, Matt Mosley said he thinks DeSean is the most explosive player in the NFL and on NFL Network they were talking about how every defender is scared of DeSean's speed. They hype is through the roof.

Also I haven't seen one expert take Dallas in this game yet, they all think the Eagles offense is too explosive and the Eagles defense can just sit on a lead and take the opposing offense out of it.

Just look at the stats from the last 5 games ALONE, the defense is allowin 90 run yards a game, they have 13 takeaways and 16 sacks. The defense is doing work right now.

The way I see this game going is in the Eagles favor, the Cowboys IMO are strictly a power team, they like to dink and dunk you for the most part with the running game and Jason Witten, with the development of Miles Austin that has changed a little but not much. The Eagles defense is faster and more athletic than the Cowboys offense, the Eagles have a clear quickness advantage in the trenches IMO, if you watch the games from last year, the Eagles defensive line just gives the Cowboys offensive line fits, they're big and aging and guys like Flozell can't handle the quickness of the Eagles. I have full faith that Asante and Sheldon can take on Miles Austin and I think those all too common miscommunications between Roy Williams and Tony Romo will result in turnovers for Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.

The Cowboys run game is one of the best in the NFL but the Eagles have shut down the Giants and the Panthers this season in the run game, two teams that have an offense somewhat similar to the Cowboys with strong offensive lines and power running games. The Eagles as I said earlier have only allowed 90 yards rushing per game in the past 5 games and quite frankly I really do believe the Eagles can contain Barber and Choice. The one guy that puts fear inside me is Felix Jones but I'm hoping that with the strong backline of Sean Jones and Quintin Mikell, the defense will at least keep him from going crazy on them with his huge long runs, Felix isn't incredibly fast IMO what makes him as good as he is, is his combination of size and speed, he is about 215 pounds and he can break tackles inside the box and once he gets a step on the defenders, watch out because his 4.4 speed is enough to get it done.

On offense I really think the Eagles have a clear advantage, I don't think there is any way the Dallas Cowboys defense can stop DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, Jason Avant, Brian Westbrook, Shady McCoy and Leonard Weaver. The Eagles have clear match-up advantages on this side IMO, if they double DeSean, Maclin goes off, like what happened in the Buccaneers game. I really like the Brent Celek and Gerald Sensabaugh match-up and I think that Celek is going to have a big game and he can really destroy a team over the middle which would open things up for the receivers. Jason Avant and Brent Celek can both find a spot and sit in it against the Cowboys blitz. And, Brian Westbrook and Shady McCoy are major match-up problems, they split out wide, their linebackers can't cover them and if they take a safety to cover them that leaves DeSean and Maclin in one on one coverage or it leaves Celek on a linebacker.

I think the Eagles have this one.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think their secondary is going to be better this time around then last time. For some reason I notice they are playing more differently, with more confidence and swag, cb and safeties blowing Wrs up.

DeSean will score a TD, maclin will have a nice receiving game. Celek 70 yards and a TD.

Now in order to win the game, Eagles offense will have to learn to sustain drives and sit on the ball, something u have mentioned before.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The Eagles defense is also leading the NFL in yards per drive, they're allowing only 23.08 yards a drive which is a full yard better than the second place Giants. The Eagles are also first in turnovers per drive.

Right now the Eagles are second in the NFL and are only allowing 4.5 yards per play, they're also 5th in the NFL allowing only 33% of third down conversions, they're second in the NFL in sacks, are third in interceptions, are 7th in the NFL in points a game and that number drops to 3rd when you take out the Saints game and they have the NFL's leading turnover ratio.

The Eagles defense is in lockdown mode.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think their secondary is going to be better this time around then last time. For some reason I notice they are playing more differently, with more confidence and swag, cb and safeties blowing Wrs up.

DeSean will score a TD, maclin will have a nice receiving game. Celek 70 yards and a TD.

Now in order to win the game, Eagles offense will have to learn to sustain drives and sit on the ball, something u have mentioned before.
You know what's weird? The Eagles have actually called a very balanced offense in the past two weeks and they were actually playing small ball last week instead of going big every play like they did against the Raiders. The reason the Eagles got all those big plays is because of the the poor play of the Giants, not the Eagles actually going for them.

There were two huge rushing touchdowns by Weaver and Shady and they score on a TD pass to Celek in a short field thanks to Asante Samuel, the only really big pass plays were Jeremy Maclin's and DeSean Jackson's TD passes when the Eagles were trying to get on the board quickly. The Eagles were actually prepared to run a balanced offense and sustain drives in that game, but the Giants defense wouldn't allow it and gave up big rushing plays.

The Eagles called 23 pass plays last week and they also ran 24 times, that is as balanced an offense as the Eagles have ever ran.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Also I haven't seen one expert take Dallas in this game yet, they all think the Eagles offense is too explosive and the Eagles defense can just sit on a lead and take the opposing offense out of it.
These the same "experts" that predicted the Broncos would win 7 games at best?

Game is won on the field man. I think you're mistaken if you think the Eagles just run away with this game. Pressure and Turnovers is what this game will come down to. Each team is able to cause a great deal of both. Should be a great game...but come down off of that horse a bit.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
These the same "experts" that predicted the Broncos would win 7 games at best?

Game is won on the field man. I think you're mistaken if you think the Eagles just run away with this game. Pressure and Turnovers is what this game will come down to. Each team is able to cause a great deal of both. Should be a great game...but come down off of that horse a bit.
Ah, come one are you a Cowboys fan? This is Eagles v. Cowboys, big rivalry there is supposed to be a little smack talk.

Also I know perfectly well that games are won on the field, but I was talking about how much hype the Eagles are getting, and they're getting a ton of it right now.

Regardless, hope it is a good game and I agree that these games are dependent on that. Personally I think the Eagles have the edge in both categories seeing as the Eagles have 21 turnovers and the Cowboys have had 9 and the Eagles have 23 sacks compared to the Cowboys 17.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

How has Jason Peters played so far? I'll be interested to watch the matchup between he and Ware.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
How has Jason Peters played so far? I'll be interested to watch the matchup between he and Ware.
Great run blocker and has done well in pass protection. The only problem is he'll have 1-2 mental errors a game and a pass rusher will come running free, I think he has given up 4 sacks this season, which doesn't sound good but he has really done well aside from those mistake plays he makes.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Interesting stat I just found on ESPN:

The Eagles have the #1 ranked offense in all of the NFL prior to half-time and they have the 23rd ranked offense after half time.

We're the superbowl favorites!

Quote:
Forget statistics, experts, history. The surest way to predict which team will win the Super Bowl is simply to see which one ESPN's Trey Wingo decided to visit that season with his son, Chappy. It's Wingo magic: Each season, father and son pick one game in one city at one stadium they have not visited together. In 2004, Wingo took Chappy to a Patriots-Ravens game in Foxborough, Mass; the Patriots won the Super Bowl. In 2006, Wingo took Chappy to a Colts-Bills game in Indianapolis; the Colts won the Super Bowl. In 2007, Wingo took Chappy to a Giants-Redskins game in New Jersey; the Giants won the Super Bowl. Last season, Wingo took Chappy to a Steelers-Chargers game in Pittsburgh; the Steelers won the Super Bowl. And last weekend, Wingo took the 14-year-old Chappy to the one and only game they opt to attend each season. The Wingos watched the Eagles rout the Giants in Philadelphia. So, with apologies to New Orleans and Minnesota, Philadelphia now becomes the favorite to win this season's Super Bowl. But anyone wanting the Wingos to visit their city next year is a little late. They've already planned their annual football pilgrimage to Green Bay.

Last edited by Thumper : 11-08-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting stat I just found on ESPN:

The Eagles have the #1 ranked offense in all of the NFL prior to half-time and they have the 23rd ranked offense after half time.

We're the superbowl favorites!
I saw that Wingo thing earlier. If we don't win this year, I'm hunting him down.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Adam Schefter says that Brian Westbrook is out for this game.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Shady will probably play well against us.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Max Jean-Giles
Winston Justice
Alex Smith
Jason Avant
Leonard Weaver
Eldra Buckley
PJ Hill
Jason Babin
Chris Gocong
Omar Gaither
Akeem Jordan
Ellis Hobbs
Sean Jones

And Vick has a team opt out clause and Stacy Andrews has a contract designed so that the Eagles can cut him without paying him.
I think Chris Gocong and Max Jean Gilles are the only ones that would leave the Eagles. All the rest have had a good amount of success in the system, so why leave.

Weaver will be resigned by seasons end.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I think Chris Gocong and Max Jean Gilles are the only ones that would leave the Eagles. All the rest have had a good amount of success in the system, so why leave.

Weaver will be resigned by seasons end.
IHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPE...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Results from the forum mock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
21.Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missou
Value was way too good to pass up here. Also fills a need as Witherspoon isn't young and Gocong is set to become a free agent.

53. Jason Fox, OT, Miami
Eagles don't really have any big needs, but with Shawn Andrews health a big question mark I went with the top OT on the board in Fox. He's had a great year so far in Miami and is a good fit in Philly.

74. Noel Devine, RB, WVU
With the Eagles declining the option on Westbrook's contract it appears his days as an Eagle are limited. Westbrook has been plagued by injuries and at 31 he isn't getting any younger. The Eagles bring in Devine who will play a role similar to Darren Sproles of the Chargers. Devine will take some carries off of Shady's hands and will also return kicks/punts. Just another explosive weapon on the Eagles offense.

85. Lindsey Witten, DE, UConn
Juqua Parker is 32 and Victor Abiamiri can't seem to stay healthy so I opted for the best DE on the board. Witten has proved he can get to the quarterback and will look great lined up opposite Trent Cole.

Stacy Andrews, RG
5th round pick
for
Charles Tillman, CB

Contracts are equal, but with Ellis Hobbs due to become a free agent I brought in Tillman as a replacement. Andrews was 2nd on the depth chart behind MJG.
thoughts?

bump.............
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook is out :(
Old 11-08-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Westbrook is out :(
Oh well. I'm comfortable with Shady and Weaver running the ball.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:

thoughts?

bump.............
I like it all with the exception of Witten. Other than that it is a beastly mock that would improve the Eagles IMO. Would Fox play RT or would he be the back-up?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

thoughts?

bump.............
That was pretty bad, I cant lie. I dont see a need for Fox at all. Justice has played pretty well, and is getting better each game. Shutting out Justin Tuck is no easy feat.

Sean Weatherspoon = <3

Noel Devine, another back that can run extremely well outside the tackles, but inside he is still unproven. He would be nice in the return and screen game, but isnt a need at a 3 round pick. Nice value pick, just not for us.

Lindsey Witten is more of a RE to me in the NFL. I would rather get a true LE instead. Give me a Corey Wooton or somebody else at DE please.

Dont get me started on that trade for Charles Tillman.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
That was pretty horrendous, I cant lie. I dont see a need for Fox at all. Justice has played pretty well, and is getting better each game. Shutting out Justin Tuck is no easy feat.

Noel Devine, another back that can run extremely well outside the tackles, but inside he is still unproven. He would be nice in the return and screen game, but isnt a need at a 3 round pick. Nice value pick, just not for us.

Lindsey Witten is more of a RE to me in the NFL. I would rather get a true LE instead. Give me a Corey Wooton or somebody else at DE please.

Dont get me started on that trade for Charles Tillman.
Haha well it was the 3rd round so Wootton was long gone and he's more of a 3-4 end anyways. Fox is very underrated and if anything gives us depth at tackle with both Justice and Dunlap becoming free agents at the end of the year and with Andrews health always being a concern. Devine adds just another play maker to an offense loaded with them and gives us needed depth at RB. Stacy Andrews sucks and is making 6M to back up MJG. Tillman fills in for the loss of Hobbs.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Stupid game.

The good:
-Jason Peters shut DeMarcus Ware down even after injury
-LeSean McCoy and Leonard Weaver are a formidable rushing combination
-Todd Herramens and Jamaal Jackson
-Trent Cole had another good game
-The defensive line as a whole had a good game
-Akeem Jordan in coverage, he did a very nice job on Witten
-Will Witherspoon is the best MLB the Eagles have had in Andy's tenure

The Bad
-Andy Reid's clock management
-Short yardage plays
-Sheldon Brown biting on a double move
-Stacy Andrews and Winston Justice suck, they were dominated by Ratliff
-McNabb, he missed a couple receivers and had one of those nights where the worms were afraid for their lives
-Quintin Mikell and Sean Jones, where were you in crunch time? On the Miles Austin play the over-pursued the play and on the Jason Witten first down they left him wide open.
-Asante Samuel's 'tackling'

Basically that was an extremely sloppy performance where Andy Reid and penalties lost the Eagles the game. Also the Eagles receivers were MIA, Jackson didn't do a thing and Maclin made some nice plays but he dropped one that was intercepted.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stupid game.

The good:
-Jason Peters shut DeMarcus Ware down even after injury
-LeSean McCoy and Leonard Weaver are a formidable rushing combination
-Todd Herramens and Jamaal Jackson
-Trent Cole had another good game
-The defensive line as a whole had a good game
-Akeem Jordan in coverage, he did a very nice job on Witten
-Will Witherspoon is the best MLB the Eagles have had in Andy's tenure

The Bad
-Andy Reid's clock management
-Short yardage plays
-Sheldon Brown biting on a double move
-Stacy Andrews and Winston Justice suck, they were dominated by Ratliff
-McNabb, he missed a couple receivers and had one of those nights where the worms were afraid for their lives
-Quintin Mikell and Sean Jones, where were you in crunch time? On the Miles Austin play the over-pursued the play and on the Jason Witten first down they left him wide open.
-Asante Samuel's 'tackling'

Basically that was an extremely sloppy performance where Andy Reid and penalties lost the Eagles the game. Also the Eagles receivers were MIA, Jackson didn't do a thing and Maclin made some nice plays but he dropped one that was intercepted.
That was the point I was making. Games are won on the field. Throw out all the stats you want before the game, but Dallas was just the better team out there last night.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote