Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd blame the Austin TD more on Sean Jones than Brown. He was NOWHERE near Austin for over the top help.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety just moved to a major need to me. Q had an alright game, but damn Sean Jones wasnt very good.

Roy Williams was even making plays on us. Sheldon Brown had his ups and downs the entire game. Asante Samuel is 160 pounds, so I can understand why his tackling isnt that good, but he does an adequate job of taking out the legs from underneath the runner.

Trent Cole is an All Pro. There is no way around it. Maybe if we can get another good DE that can bring consistent pressure from the LE spot.

LeSean McCoy is a joke running in between the tackles. He's good at bouncing it out and has good vision, which makes up for it a little but still.

We were getting absolutely toasted by the WR screen, which was pissing me off. We were shutting down their run and most of the deep stuff, we just couldnt stop the WR screen which set them up for most of their points.

Very good game by the DT's. Broderick Bunkley is a beast. One of the simply strongest players I have ever seen.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, after this game I'm convince the Eagles need a big CB, a better FS and a huge upgrade on the right side of the line because Winston Justice and Stacy Andrews are jokes.

I think LB is just fine, the depth has been tested and the Eagles are set there now IMO. Akeem Jordan is a RFA next season and is IMO worthy of starting, Witherspoon is a beast who can play MLB and WLB and I think Moises Fokou had a good game for a LB but someone needs to teach him how to block on returns. Add in Stewart Bradley and the foundation at LB is there. Gocong and Gaither are out the door IMO. And this free agent class is so great with D'Qwell Jackson, Demeco Ryans, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, Barrett Ruud and Karlos Dansby.

Also on the topic of a free agent DE opposite Trent Cole, Aaron Kampman is going to be a free agent.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would anyone be opposed to making a jets/browns like trade to move up and take Eric Berry? I would jizz in my pants if that happened.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to many small holes to fill up to move up that much.

I think the Eagles have a better chance at Mays, like Maclin last year. He could be in a good situation, like in USC, just playing back deep and letting QM play the run, and stuff.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
to many small holes to fill up to move up that much.

I think the Eagles have a better chance at Mays, like Maclin last year. He could be in a good situation, like in USC, just playing back deep and letting QM play the run, and stuff.
I'm saying if we don't make the playoffs and move from the 16-19 range to the 5-10 range.
I know it was for a franchise QB, but all the jets gave up was their 1st, 2nd, and a couple of veteran backups. Say the eagles give up their 1st, 2nd, Quintin Demps, Stacy Andrews, and Kevin Curtis (for example). Also, we have 2 3rd round picks anyway so those could help fill those "small holes". The eagles have been known to move up for players they like. As for Mays, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but Berry is a can't-miss, future pro-bowler. Mays has a bigger risk factor there.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't make the playoffs? Chargers, Bears, Falcons, 49ers and Broncos are all lesser teams than the Eagles. They'll be tough games, but nothing the Eagles should lose. They'll lose 1 or 2 of those games IMO. And after that it is the Redskins, Cowboys and Giants, at this point I'd suspect a sweep of the Redskins, and a split with the Cowboys and IDK with the Giants, I'll make up my mind next week.

This team is probably going to finish with a 10-6 finish, with losses to the Broncos, Giants and either the Chargers or the Falcons. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, Andy Reid deserves to go. Last nights game falls squarely on his shoulders IMO, he lacks the clock management skills and he for whatever reason cannot get DeSean Jackson involved in the offense. If Andy Reid can't get this team going, then I really do think it is time to make the switch because this is probably one of the most if not the most talented team in the NFL in terms of raw talent at almost every spot.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

What about Merriman at DE? or even a full time switch for Gocong he clearly isnt making enough big plays a LB so I think a move back to DE would do him good. As for safety drafting someone could be the only option but I think we need a High pick, in the last 3 years the eagles have drafted 3 S in the 4th or fifth round: CJ Gaddis, Demps, and Macho I still have faith in Macho. And on the Oline I do not like Justice on the Right side he does not have the anchor to stay in there against the power guys, and Stacy Pass blocks like a pole, I hope every day that Shawn Andrews Mandrews 7373 can make a return to football.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If we don't make the playoffs? Chargers, Bears, Falcons, 49ers and Broncos are all lesser teams than the Eagles. They'll be tough games, but nothing the Eagles should lose. They'll lose 1 or 2 of those games IMO. And after that it is the Redskins, Cowboys and Giants, at this point I'd suspect a sweep of the Redskins, and a split with the Cowboys and IDK with the Giants, I'll make up my mind next week.

This team is probably going to finish with a 10-6 finish, with losses to the Broncos, Giants and either the Chargers or the Falcons. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, Andy Reid deserves to go. Last nights game falls squarely on his shoulders IMO, he lacks the clock management skills and he for whatever reason cannot get DeSean Jackson involved in the offense. If Andy Reid can't get this team going, then I really do think it is time to make the switch because this is probably one of the most if not the most talented team in the NFL in terms of raw talent at almost every spot.
Andy Reid gone? Obsurd.

It's true, he'll never win a SB, but you guys love him and his playoff wins.

Reid doesn't lack clock management skills. He lacked discipline in his challenges. He chose dumb plays to challenge imo. He followed the emotion of his players who btw always think they're right.

Chin up guys. It's always doom and gloom after a loss, but you guys still have a damn good team.

As for Sean Jones... guys you guys figured out what the Browns figured out. He's not good. I was upset that you guys got him, jealous actually.... I thought he was good too.... but I'm happy that we ended up with Sensabaugh. He's been terrific.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Andy Reid gone? Obsurd.

It's true, he'll never win a SB, but you guys love him and his playoff wins.

Reid doesn't lack clock management skills. He lacked discipline in his challenges. He chose dumb plays to challenge imo. He followed the emotion of his players who btw always think they're right.

Chin up guys. It's always doom and gloom after a loss, but you guys still have a damn good team.

As for Sean Jones... guys you guys figured out what the Browns figured out. He's not good. I was upset that you guys got him, jealous actually.... I thought he was good too.... but I'm happy that we ended up with Sensabaugh. He's been terrific.
He'll never win a superbowl? It took Bill Cowher 14 years to win his, I wouldn't say that he will NEVER win a superbowl.

You haven't see the games, he is one of the worst in game coaches in the NFL which is why the Eagles have such a bad record when they're down at half-time. If you let the Eagles get out of the gate like they did against the Giants and Cowboys (44-6 game) there is no stopping them, but if you get them in a close game, the Eagles are bound to shoot themselves in the foot with Andy Reid's clock management skills. Great coach Monday-Saturday but on Sunday, he isn't as good as others.

Sean Jones is not a FS, the Eagles figured that out. Jones was just out of position on that big Miles Austin play which is why he scored, Jones was supposed to provide over the top help and that is why Sheldon Brown gambled so much, the Eagles were playing cover 1 and Sean Jones was supposed to be over the top on Miles Austin which clearly he was not, and then when he had the chance to make a game saving tackle, he completely missed it and was juked out of his shoes.

Jones is a much better player against run oriented teams, not pass teams. I figured that out, against the Giants where they only had possession receivers and a power running attack, Sean Jones was reminiscent of Dawkins out there with his hitting and aggressive play. Put him out there against Roy Williams and Miles Austin and he had no shot, he is a big run stuffer who is better suited for SS and he was just good enough to play FS against a power offense where he wouldn't be tested deep. Still a decent player, but should not get the call at FS again. Give it back to Macho because Macho has not allowed one big play all year and is a much surer option than Demps who can't tackle to save his life this season.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Ellis Hobbs is on IR with a spine injury. There goes the kick returner.

So who returns kicks? Quintin Demps did a good job, but he is also injured. Is it time to send back Macho and Jeremy Maclin? In college Jeremy Maclin had 85 kickoff returns for 2045 yards and 2 touchdowns and he finally looks like he is confident and did a nice job returning one on Sunday night. Macho Harris who in college only returned 10 kicks but he had 268 yards and a touchdown.

The Eagles also signed former Lions 7th Round Draft Pick Ramzee Robinson to take Ellis' active roster spot. It should also be noted that the Eagles dime CB Dimitri Patterson is also injured and has missed the past 4 games.
Chris Gocong is likely to miss at least one more game with a a quad injury and a hamstring injury.

Akeem Jordan has a hyper extended knee and is doubtful for Sunday.

So who is starting at LB the day the Eagles are going against Antonio Gates, Darren Sproles and Ladanian Tomlinson?
Tracy White-Will Witherspoon-Moise Fokou

Over or under 300 yards receiving for Gates?

And none of that is even the worst news of the day:

Here is what Brian Seltzer said this morning:
Quote:
I was just told by a league source: DeSean Jackson has fired DeBartolo Sports, and intends to sign with Rosenhaus.
God dammit, DeSean is about to sign with the Devil that got TO and Lito out of Philly (although maybe the second one isn't so bad).

Also, DeSean Jackson only has 8 touches in the last 3 games and 3 of them have gone for touchdowns, clearly he needs to be more involved.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Holy Balls, why is this happening? :(

Joselio Hanson is gone for an entire month at least and the Eagles called up Jack Ike who freaking sucked in the pre-season.

So, the Eagles lose Joselio Hanson, Ellis Hobbs and they replace them with Ramzee Robinson and Jack Ikegwuonu... and the 5th CB Dimitri Patterson has been injured ever since the Tampa Bay game and hasn't been active since.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Our CB depth is horrible now.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Was the bus struck by lightning? Jeez.

Westbrook, Jason Peters, Quintin Demps, Leonard Weaver, Kevin Curtis all missed practice and there are a plethora of others who are hurt.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Macho good to go now?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Macho good to go now?
Macho's role just went through the roof, before he was a nice guy to have with potential, now he is a guy who must play great. He lost his FS job to Sean Jones after the Redskins game because he couldn't cover Fred Davis or Chris Cooley and because he got injured and committed a special teams penalty. But, all of a sudden after an awful showing from Sean Jones, Macho Harris is back in the rotation at FS. With Hanson and Hobbs going out for extended amounts of time, he now has a bigger role at CB along with Demps (who played CB/FS last season). AND since Ellis Hobbs was the kick returner, Andy Reid said he is now going to rotate Maclin, Harris and Demps back there.

Harris's role just went through the roof.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might not be such a bad idea to move Macho back to CB for the time being and let Demps or Jones play FS.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

per rotoworld

Quote:
Eagles linebacker Will Witherspoon is moving to the weakside this week, with Chris Gocong taking over the middle and rookie Moise Fokou at strongside.
Witherspoon has played well as the MIKE since the deadline trade, so this move comes as a surprise. We're guessing it could be temporary in nature, as Fokou likely only knows how to play SLB. Once Akeem Jordan (knee) returns to the lineup, the changes could be reversed. In the meantime, the move is a drain on Witherspoon's IDP value.
Gocong at MLB?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I think he took a few snaps when gaither first got hurt

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

You may be right. It just seems weird as a former DE, but he has been much more of a run thumper than a pass rusher/cover guy anyway.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Isnt there a guy on our roster who was handed the MLB job after Bradly got hurt but just wasnt up to it mentally. Oh ya JOE MAYS this really says alot about him if we are moving someone with only a few snaps of experience to MLB and starting a Rookie 7th rnd pick who played poorly last week again at SAM. Also WTF is Trotter doing on this roster if he isnt starting and isnt gettign on the field. And it was nice to see matt wilhelm having such a nice game last night for san fran.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 11-13-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I don't want Jeremiah Trotter and Antonio Gates on the field at the same time.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who's going to return kicks for you this sunday?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quintin Demps if he cant go then Jeremy Maclin. Demps returned a kick for a TD last year against the ravens

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
so who's going to return kicks for you this sunday?
Rotation of Jeremy Maclin/Macho Harris and Quitin Demps