Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, THE EAGLES HAVE HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE, all they have to do is win and they have homefield. Nothing is dependent on the Vikings, the Eagles hold the tiebreakers, the Eagles control their own destiny.

Right now the Eagles are the #2 seed, win and they keep it, lose and they don't. The Vikings don't even factor in to the equation.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Cards and Packers have nothing to play for though. So their game is basically a scrimmage between backups.

The Eagles and Cowboys both have something very significant to play for. So they can't just rest starters or half ass the gameplan for their game. So they'll play hard, then come back and do it again the following week in all likelihood.

Of course, that all depends on the Vikings winning. But im pretty sure the Giants mailed it in already so i'll be surprised if the Vikings lose.
If the Giants have indeed packed it in, then you are right, the AZ/GB game will be a wash. I'm not sure how the schedule is, but if the NY/MIN game is before the AZ/GB game and the Giants can pull out a win, the Cards have potential home field advantage to play for, so that could motivate them a bit more.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone else noticed that DeSean Jackson always starts things off in the games but Jeremy Maclin is the finisher? Maclin has came up in the clutch lately. Need a big play go to DeSean Jackson, need a clutch catch? Jeremy Maclin is the man to look for.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Has anyone else noticed that DeSean Jackson always starts things off in the games but Jeremy Maclin is the finisher? Maclin has came up in the clutch lately. Need a big play go to DeSean Jackson, need a clutch catch? Jeremy Maclin is the man to look for.
Jason Avant says hi
Old 12-31-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Jason Avant says hi
Maclin says look at the Washington game and the Denver game the only close games in this win streak, both times he made huge catches.

But Avant is good too.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maclin says look at the Washington game and the Denver game the only close games in this win streak, both times he made huge catches.

But Avant is good too.
Avant balls out of control, the only thing he lacks is elite speed. I'm a big Avant fan and I trust him as the third down receiver to go to more than anyone else. We saw it in last years playoffs, and I trust him through this year's.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Avant balls out of control, the only thing he lacks is elite speed. I'm a big Avant fan and I trust him as the third down receiver to go to more than anyone else. We saw it in last years playoffs, and I trust him through this year's.
Agreed, Avant is our best clutch receiver at this moment. Celek and Maclin have proven they can be relied on too though.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celek has more than proven he is reliable he is a great pass catching TE. Very above average, not in the Davis, Gonzoles, Gates, category.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Celek has more than proven he is reliable he is a great pass catching TE. Very above average, not in the Davis, Gonzoles, Gates, category.
Don't forget Witten. Despite his lack of TDs, he is an elite TE. I'd say Celek is a very good TE, not quite great yet, but maybe he'll get there next year.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to get Vick back for this game and I'm real excited. I think this is one of the games where he gets utilized a lot.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

You know what Cowboys fans don't realize, the Eagles lost the game, the Cowboys didn't win it. The Eagles gave them that game, Moise Fokou did it all alone, negating great field position on a Sheldon Brown interception and a KR for a TD by Ellis Hobbs and then they couldn't convert in short yardage situations. The Eagles gift wrapped that game to them and they still barely won.

Lets look at it this way, the Eagles are just flat out better and that is why they should win on Sunday.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week made me realize just how much I miss Dawk. Remind me again why we didn't sign him?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last week made me realize just how much I miss Dawk. Remind me again why we didn't sign him?
We didnt anticipate a team throwing 3 years, 16 million was it? at him.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I'd much rather give him the money than pay Stacey Andrews what we did.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old..would get burned to much in this defense.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd much rather give him the money than pay Stacey Andrews what we did.
Revisionist history is revisionist (although I wasn't a big fan of the Andrews signing).
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Old..would get burned to much in this defense.
And what's happening with what we decided to go with? The youth movement seems to be paying dividends. Oh wait nvm. Dawkins would be infinitely better than anything we've played at FS this year. He's a big reason for why Denver's d is overachieving.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Last week made me remember why we let him go, he got burned by Brent Celek on the long TD (that was Dawk's assignment) and he missed tackles and made tackles upfield. Dawk isn't the same and he really isn't an upgrade over Sean Jones/Macho Harris at this point except in leadership and that has been replaced.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Was it surreal for anyone else to watch Dawkins tackle Westy? I sat there for about a minute thinking about that.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And what's happening with what we decided to go with? The youth movement seems to be paying dividends. Oh wait nvm. Dawkins would be infinitely better than anything we've played at FS this year. He's a big reason for why Denver's d is overachieving.
Well Denver's D is also helping by masking his weaknesses. I'm also sure a bigger reason they are overachieving is Nolan and Dumerville.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was it surreal for anyone else to watch Dawkins tackle Westy? I sat there for about a minute thinking about that.
The thing that got to me the most is when he came out of the tunnel and did his old weapon x routine, then ran into a group of broncos. Made me sick to my stomach.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I don't even know what to say after that game. We were dominated in nearly every facet of the game. I wouldn't rule out physical abuse as an appropriate punishment after how poorly the team played.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know what Cowboys fans don't realize, the Eagles lost the game, the Cowboys didn't win it. The Eagles gave them that game, Moise Fokou did it all alone, negating great field position on a Sheldon Brown interception and a KR for a TD by Ellis Hobbs and then they couldn't convert in short yardage situations. The Eagles gift wrapped that game to them and they still barely won.

Lets look at it this way, the Eagles are just flat out better and that is why they should win on Sunday.

Same thing this time?
FreshBoy! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post

Same thing this time?
Save the **** talk for once you guys win a playoff game. Unlike the season finale last year, we will actually be seeing you again in the playoffs.

I don't know how it's possible to support a team with D-bags the likes of Newman, Jenkins, Austin, and Flozell on the team.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Wow, I don't even know what to say after that game. We were dominated in nearly every facet of the game.
The Cowboys look good.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote