Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby April, welcome to the Philadelphia Eagles!

Quote:
The Eagles have announced that April has been hired to take over Philly's special teams. He replaces special teams coordinator Ted Daisher.
Here is just a quick description of him:

Quote:
During his current stint with the Bills (2004-present), April's return, punt, kick, and coverage units have never ranked lower than sixth in Special Teams DVOA (including first overall in his first two seasons there), having finished 24th in 2003. Those special teams established team record s in 2007: Roscoe Parrish's 440 punt return yards and 16.3 yards-per-return average, as well as kicker Rian Lindell's 18 straight field goals, are franchise records.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
To change the topic a bit Im not sure how the rest of you guys like Ted Dashier but I would love it if the eagles brought in Bobby April. He was and has been a lone bright spot in the Bills organization for the past few years. I understand there are bigger needs but its hard to pass up an opportunity like this.
Good call! +rep
Old 01-14-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, wasn't expecting that but that's awesome.

Ted Daisher was okay, but the special teams were just way too undisciplined this year, so it's a great move. I'm sure he's excited to work with D-Jack.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 01-14-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Im so happy right now this is a great first step to make in the offseason

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see what he can do. Our special teams havent been that bad, but I think they could be improved upon.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The Eagles were dominated on special teams against Dallas, they were outcoached, the Cowboys would line up like they were trying to block the punt and this would force the Eagles to bunch things up and create more room for Crayton. Thats just good coaching and the Eagles need a great special teams coach.

Hopefully he can get a new punter as well.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Hopefully he can get a new punter as well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ons/100115/one

Quote:
The Lindsay Lohan/Sam Ronson Award for "Couple That Most Needs to Break Up"

The McNabb/Reid relationship just isn't healthy for Philly fans. One of them needs to go. Let's pretend for a second that Reid didn't just sign an extension, Kevin Kolb isn't waiting in the wings and Donovan McNabb isn't an Oakland Raider waiting to happen. And let's agree that my favorite idea to solve this conundrum -- a "Loser Leaves Town" wrestling match on a special taping of "Monday Night Raw" in Philly -- can't happen. Or that my other favorite idea -- a best-two-out-of three darts match at Playmakers, with the loser getting shot by Marvin Harrison -- also can't happen. How much fun would it be if Eagles owner Jeff Lurie just held a press conference and flipped a coin? Heads, McNabb; tails, Reid. Would that be the highest-rated press conference ever?
We need to make this happen. I mean, I like the first two options, but the third is gold.

Last edited by Sniper : 01-15-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all suck!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Here is something that might spark some discussion, should the Eagles cut Brian Westbrook?

Pro: He is being phased out, he disrupted the rhythm of the offense, the Eagles were 7-1 without him, he is an injury waiting to happen, his replacement is already ready to takeover, cutting him would save the Eagles 9.8 million dollars

Cons: It is disrespectful to one of the greatest players in Eagles history, he is still filled with knowledge and could still help LeSean McCoy, he averaged 4.8 yards a carry after a 5 game layoff

So I think I know what some of you think we should do but looking at the Eagles pattern of events (cutting/letting go of premier veterans) I wouldn't put it past the Eagles.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Oh and here is my take on Donovan McNabb now that I'm not as frustrated, he will be the QB of 2010, should he be? I don't know, part of me likes his winning history and trusts him to at least get to the playoffs and the other part of me wants to see if Kevin Kolb can get done. But for what its worth I think it would be detrimental to cut McNabb's leadership. Kolb will be the QB one day, just not next year. If by the end of next season McNabb doesn't have a Lombardi Trophy on his resume he is done, after next season McNabb's and Kolb's contracts expire and the Eagles will choose who is the QB of the future and I think that decision is fairly easy to figure out, are you taking the nearly 35 year old McNabb or are you taking the 27 year old Kolb?

Last edited by Thumper : 01-16-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehhh on Westy, I thought the Eagles didn't pick up the option to keep him for this year?

If he takes a pay cut keep him, if he doesn't boot him. He is over the hill and he knows it. His weapon was his speed, and with the knee injuries and ankle injuries it has diminished. He can be kept around as a 3rd down back, he still has some left just not starting wise.

Maybe he can go back to returning kicks?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
ehhh on Westy, I thought the Eagles didn't pick up the option to keep him for this year?

If he takes a pay cut keep him, if he doesn't boot him. He is over the hill and he knows it. His weapon was his speed, and with the knee injuries and ankle injuries it has diminished. He can be kept around as a 3rd down back, he still has some left just not starting wise.

Maybe he can go back to returning kicks?
Westbrook's weapon was never his speed. He's actually kind of slow for a RB. He relied on his quickness, agility and elusiveness.

Yes, cut him.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I agree he's over the hill, Westbrook still shows some flashes catching the ball out of the backfield. At this point in his career he can't pound the rock or he's going down with an injury.

But I do love cap space, so I'd say cut him.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I feel like I've been a little to negative here lately... Time to bust out some positive stuff!

The biggest addition next season will be the return of Stewart Bradley.

The guy will come back to be the leader of a defense without an identity, with all the rotating at FS, MLB, DE, WLB, SLB there was absolutely no continuity on the defense, a lot of this I feel is because Stewart Bradley wasn't on the defense. The defense was constantly trying new things to make the defense work better, but they didn't work. I believe there were siz different starters at MLB this season? Yeah, he will bring continuity to the middle of the defense. He is also an emotional leader of the defense all you have to do is look at the film to see that Stewart Bradley is a guy who leaves it all on the field and plays with intensity. Word out of Philly is that he is going full tilt in rehab and that he looks like he will be more than ready next season.

Plus, he is going to be the face of the defense and he is like our own Tom Brady on defense... He goes after models and stuff... He was also an intern at Elle magazine to learn about fashion last year.

So Stewart, it's good to have you and your fashion sense back.

Plus do I really have to go into the whole spiel of having two future top 10 receivers, 1 top 5 TE and a RB oozing with potential? No, but just think about it. Now if only we had a top offensive lineman....
Old 01-17-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And the word out of Philadelphia is from Cornelius Ingram who said about a month or two back that he thought it looked like Bradley was ready to go now.

Quote:
''Honestly, [Bradley] can play right now,'' Ingram marveled. ''There's times where if we're doing a certain drill, he might want to go full speed and [trainer] Rick [Burkholder] would have to ask us to calm down. But he's just a great guy to be around, big-time competitor at everything that we're doing, so it helps out a lot with me."
And the more recent word is from the Philadelphia Inquirer which said that Stewart Bradley appeared perfectly healthy when they ran into him at the Eagles' Training Complex on January 5th.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say right now that I don't believe LeSean McCoy will be a very good back in the NFL. I think he is going to be pretty mediocre. LeSean does not come across as a player with an extremely high ceiling, and what you see is what you get.

That's not saying he won't be productive. I'm simply not a fan of his game.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a finesse back. Not what you want to build your running game around.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I'm going to say right now that I don't believe LeSean McCoy will be a very good back in the NFL. I think he is going to be pretty mediocre. LeSean does not come across as a player with an extremely high ceiling, and what you see is what you get.

That's not saying he won't be productive. I'm simply not a fan of his game.
He's a good backup RB, but I don't think he's starter-material.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately I have been thinking the same thing. Part of me wishes we didn't draft McCoy last year so we could go after a CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best this year. I'm not gonna give up on McCoy yet though, I think the O-Line was atrocious at run blocking this past year and McCoy very rarely had room to run, so hopefully that improves and we can see what he can do.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I definitely do not think of Shady as a Westbrook type the eagles will need to have 2 backs . . . Lendale White????

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sign Reggie Bush + Lenwhale = championshipz!
Old 01-17-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us look into acquiring Lendale, Tennessee doesn't really need him with CJ around.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Eh, I dont think LenDale is going to solve our problems. We have our short yardage type big backs in Eldra Buckley and Leonard Weaver. Both who have played really well this season. Eldra Buckley was one of our best special teamers.

I would want to see like a Reggie Bush/CJ Spiller type. Guys who have that speed thats just ridiculous. We seem to be more creative and we can find more ways to get the ball to those kind of guys.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And Dallas is beatable! The Vikings showed us how its done, the DEFENSIVE LINE, the Eagles need to upgrade the defensive line! The Eagles need to look at that game and make some changes on their own defensive line.

What would you guys think if the Eagles signed Richard Seymour or Julius Peppers? They should have the cap space to get it done and both would definitely change things, Peppers could play LE, joker LB anything in the front 7 he would be a crazy weapon to have and Richard Seymour can play any spot on the defensive line and we saw first hand what he did to our line a few weeks back.

The Eagles need to upgrade the defensive line and my plan is sign a big FA, draft someone early, cut Trevor Laws, draft a pass rusher at DT and finally play Antonio Dixon way more often, that guy was the Eagles best DT in the Cowboys games the UDFA outplayed the two studs.