Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I just never go into a season expecting the Eagles to be a bad team. I can't remember the last time the Eagles were a bad team.

The only times they were bad were when they were destroyed by injuries.

This team is still talented, one of the most talented teams in the league, and they have tons of ammo in the best draft in years. So is it possible to have a great season? Absolutely.

It can go either way. Kolb doesn't need to be great for the Eagles to go 8-8 or better. The rest of the team come September will be talented enough for them to win without Kolb being great.

It really all comes down to health. The healthiest team always wins the East. The division is too competitive to predict.
I know where you're coming from, it seems I've been that way with the Giants for a while, and the Cowboys the last few years. I can see the Eagles going as poorly as 5-11, or as good as 10-6. It depends on this upcoming draft, how our young players have progressed, getting a rythm early in the season, and health (as you mentioned). Both in terms of getting our injured players back and staying healthy throughout the season.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I know where you're coming from, it seems I've been that way with the Giants for a while, and the Cowboys the last few years. I can see the Eagles going as poorly as 5-11, or as good as 10-6. It depends on this upcoming draft, how our young players have progressed, getting a rythm early in the season, and health (as you mentioned). Both in terms of getting our injured players back and staying healthy throughout the season.
If you can nab a quality End opposite of Cole, a FS, a CB, a young C, and if Bradley comes back healthy, I don't see how this team, even with average qb play cant win 7 games if they stay healthy.

It's too talented not to.

Lets say this is how your draft shapes up:

1. Pouncey
2. Everson Griffin
2. Nate Allen

with the 1st 3 picks...that's a good start. Then you'd just need a CB in the following year's draft, and you'd have no holes.

I really hope you guys don't land Daryl Washington. He's going to be there for the taking too, but I don't think Reid pulls the trigger. He doesn't value LBs high enough to do so.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If you can nab a quality End opposite of Cole, a FS, a CB, a young C, and if Bradley comes back healthy, I don't see how this team, even with average qb play cant win 7 games if they stay healthy.

It's too talented not to.

Lets say this is how your draft shapes up:

1. Pouncey
2. Everson Griffin
2. Nate Allen

with the 1st 3 picks...that's a good start. Then you'd just need a CB in the following year's draft, and you'd have no holes.

I really hope you guys don't land Daryl Washington. He's going to be there for the taking too, but I don't think Reid pulls the trigger. He doesn't value LBs high enough to do so.
Check out my mock in the draft thread, I would like your opinion of it. (I'll bring it over here then). But If the Eagles stay put, I could see Pouncey as our first pick. But I think the Eagles are in prime position to move up and not wait and see who falls through the cracks. I think they may move up for a guy like Wilson or Thomas, and I have a few minor differences between your first three and mine, mainly, DE not being as big of a need. But I could definitely live with those first three picks you have. CB is more pressing a need than you have on here, and its a position the Eagles value as high as any.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, here is how I see the Eagles needs as of this moment, heading into the draft. Mine will most likely be a little different because of how I view the FA/trade acquisitions, but here it goes...

1. CB-With Sheldon gone, and no CB added through trade to replace him, this went from being my 3rd biggest need to the biggest need the Eagles have, and it isn't even close, if you ask me. Expect CB to be addressed early, round one or two. It is a position of need at a postion the Eagles value highly. The Eagles may draft two CBs, with another being added in the 5th round or so
2. FS-Maybe I'm a little gunshy about FA additions with knee injuries, but I am just not sold on Marlin Jackson at FS, and though I feel Harris is decent enough, we know a great FS really helps this defense a lot. If the team feels as I do, FS will be addressed round 1 or 2, otherwise, they may not draft one at all with the logjam at the position.
3. OL-Particularly the right side of the line (C or RG) Especially with Kolb assuming the QB role, we want to protect him and help establish a run game. Honestly, I could have this ahead of FS, that's how close this is, so if you think it should be higher, pretend I see this as 2a. I think this will be addressed relatively early, and could be addressed as early as the first round, but is more likely to be addressed in the second or third. (Depends on the drafting situation)
4. LB-If it wasn't for Bradley coming back, this would be my #1 need, but with Bradley back, and Akeem Jordan still an Eagle, it is less of a need. Notice I didn't specify which LB position, because with the flexibility of our LB corp, it gives the Eagles options for drafting amongst the LBs. I'd prefer to keep Bradley manning the middle, but if the team woud feel more comfortable sliding him to SLB, it does open up some possibilities. Expect at least two LBs to be drafted as a potential starter is needed, as well as a backup. Its hard to say where this will be addressed due to the Eagles track record, but this may be the year they use a pick on a LB in the first two rounds, or they may let it go until the mid rounds.
5. DE- Before bringing in Tapp, I saw this as our second biggest need, but I like Tapp and I think he brings a lot to the DE rotation. The Eagles don't necessarily NEED a starter here, but more of a pass rusher to contribute to the rotation. This is another position that may have two draft picks at, most likely from the third on after, IMO.
6. SS-Mikell is a good SS, but he isn't that young, and a backup is needed. If Mikell would be injured, our defense would be even more **** outta luck than they are now, and a competent replacement would help. Expect this to be addressed in the fourth round or later.
7a. T-More for depth behind our starters, our current backups could use upgrading at these positions. Expect a 5th round pick or later used on a Tackle prospect.
7b. QB-With McNabb gone, the Eagles don't have a true backup QB. I know we have Vick, but he's only locked up for this season and the Eagles will need some sort of insurance if Kolb doesn't pan out. I'd expect a QB to be drafted round 4 or later.
9. RB-With Shady, Bell, and Buckley, an upgrade isn't necessarily needed, but I could see the Eagles drafting a RB in certain situations. RB could be the pick as early as round 3, IMO, but is possible at any point after that.
10. TE-Celek is the starter, we are set at starter as long as he is healthy. Ingram is a potential beast, I am telling you that right now from what I saw before his knee re-injury in TC. If he is healthy, he is a dynamic weapon. But we need a more in-line type TE, or at least an insurance policy if Ingram can't come back. I could see a TE drafted 5th round or later.
11. DT-Our starters are set, and we have some quality depth behind them, but another body to add competition to the rotation wouldn't hurt. I could see the Eagles drafting as early as the 4th round on a DT, though that'd only be the case if they feel Laws is a bust (I don't think so). It'd be much more likley to see a late round pick or UDFA addition. It is also possible the team feels as though they are fine with Bunk, Patterson, Laws, and Dixon, which is a young talented group of DTs. If they do draft a DT, don't expect more than 1 DE to be drafted though.
12. P-We all say it, Sav could be upgraded and captain Zoltan should take over and destroy all special teams, but P is a need and could be addressed in the later rounds. Yes, even if it isn't Zoltan Mesko...
13. WR- We have our top 3 WRs set in stone, and with Baskett back, a solid fourth option there. A fifth WR may be needed, and even though I think WR is more likey to be drafted than a few of the psitions ahead of it, I don't see it as a bigger need per se. I definitely expect a WR to be drafted, but only in the later rounds.
14. K-I don't expect the Eagles to draft a kicker, but they will probably bring in more competition as a UDFA for Akers, who had a solid season last year.

I'm going to do a quick mock in a little based off of this, so if you have questions about my logic you can refer to this, if it isn't answered here or in the mock, ask and I'll be sure to oblige.
Quote:
Well, here is my mock. I included two trades, one of which has the Eagles moving up in the first round (trading #24 and 87 to Pitt for #18), and the other has the Eagles moving down in the mid-later rounds and getting another pick (trading #137 to Bal for #144 and 202). I'm sure there will be more than two trades for the Eagles, but I have no idea exactly, so I went with two scenarios that I found most likely. For the trade up in the first, I'm not saying it is definitely going to happen, but with the trades, and the picks the Eagles now have, it is a lot more likely they trade up than before. Another of the more likely scenarios for trades is I could see the Eagles trading one of next year's thrid rounder for a fourth rounder in this year's draft, but I'm not going to screw with that. Anyway, here is my full mock, as it stands right now...

Round 1
#18 (via trade with Pitt): CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State.
Up until recently, I haven't known much about him, just that a lot of people like him. But I did some research, watched his youtube stuff, as well as looking up info on Boise State's page, and am really, really beginning to like him a lot. The more I find out, the more I like. He is a CB that fits our defense well, with the size that we look for (5'10 and 195ish). He is known for his playmaking ability, but also does a great job supporting the run. He is also a natural leader, according to Scott, and many other scouts, which is only an added bonus. There are worries about him being a bit overaggressive, and with time, he should "relax" and it shouldn't be as much of a problem. As I've come to learn more about him, I realize why just about everyone is high on him.

I believe Earl Thomas will go shortly ahead of pick 18, otherwise, he would get SERIOUS consideration here. Other guys potentiallyavailable at this pick the Eagles may be targetting are Mike Iupati and Sean Witherspoon. Iupati could be the pick as well since the Eagles value OL just as much as CB, but I think with the bigger needs being in the secondary, the Eagles go with CB. Weatherspoon is a possibility, but history shows LBs are valued low (as you all know) and I'm not going to be the one who says they break away from their track record, despite the man-crush I have on Weatherspoon.

Round 2
#37 (via Washington): Vladmir Ducasse, OL, UMass.
We all know how much the Eagles value O-linemenm, especially versatile ones. Ducasse is just that. He is big, nasty, and versatile. The Eagles have a track record of drafting smaller school O-linemen, and with how Ducasse can fit in 4 positions on our offense, he would be extremely valuable. I would see Ducasse coming in initially as our RG, and if Justice would fall off at RT, Ducasse could man that spot as well. Ducasse is a guy I have liked for a while, he would be a great fit. He has the temprament (sp?), strength, athletecism, and size that would fit in perfect for our O-line. What I really like is his ability to pull, and with how our offense uses our Guards to pull, he would be a great fit at RG for us. My only worry is that he may be gone by this pick.

Other players that got consideration were Taylor Mays (probably not available anyway), Everson Griffen, and Devin McCourtey. I personally think Mays would be a good fit for our defense, and offers versatility of position among the safety slots. Griffen would be a good fit at LE for us, but even with how the Eagles value DL, I don't think, with the addition of Tapp, that they see DE as this big of a need yet. McCourtey would be great value here, but I doubt he'd be available, and with picking Wilson, another CB isn't needed this early in the draft, unless Asante would be getting shipped out soon, which I doubt.

#55: Navorro Bowman, WLB, PSU.
I've watched him play for the last few years at PSU and have been impressed with him. He makes plays in all areas of the field. He does well in coverage, handles the inside run well, and what I like most of all, maintains outside leverage in perimeter run plays. He isn't the best blitzer, but he navigates through traffic well, and can shed blocks at times, though it is something he will need to improve on. Off field issues make him fall a bit, and if he can fix those in Philly, we have a very good WLB for a long time. I am not crazy enough to go out on a limb and say the Eagles will draft a LB in the first, but I'm just crazy enough to say they'll do it in the second...

Other players I considered were Morgan Burnett, Jerome Murphy, Perrish Cox, and Jonathan Dwyer. I feel Burnett will be avialble at the beginning of the third round, and Bowman offers more value at the pick, at arguably, a bigger position of need. Though I entertained the idea of drafting another CB in round three in Murphy or Cox, I feel the need at LB is more than that of another CB, even though CB is historically valued more. With Wilson added to the CBs, you have, once again a solid group of CBs, and I feel the Eagles could afford to wait a little longer on drafting a CB. There are rumors about Dwyer being scouted heavily by the Eagles, and I understand it, he and Shady would compliment eachother very nicely. I just don't think the Eagles, who have a history of waiting on RBs, will draft a RB in the second round two years in a row, especially with the other needs around them and the RB situation being pretty well off. It is very possible though because (I think) both Bell and Buckley have only one year left on their contracts.

Round 3
#70: Morgan Burnett, S, GT.
I like Burnett a lot and think whoever gets him in this range is going to get a very good player. He is another versatile player could play either Safety spot in our system and would immeiately upgrade FS, or, if the Eagles feel comfortable at FS (I personally don't), they can have him as a backup SS to Mikell. I personally would rather have him at FS because he can make plays in both aspects of the game, but has a knack for coverage and coverage angles, while still being physical enough in the run game.

Toby Gerhart, Perrish Cox, and Brandon Ghee were also considered here, but as I've said in other picks, I don't think RB is enough of a need yet, maybe at all, and with drafting Wilson, CB can afford to be pushed back a bit with what we have there. This is the last of the "pther players I've considered" because once you reach round 4, its a crapshoot to see who is available...

#87 traded to Pitt in trade to draft Wilson.

Round 4
#105:Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss.
Hardy has fallen since last year due to injury issues and questions about his drive and dedication. Falling to the fourth round may be enough to get his ass in gear and try to earn his living. He has everything you want in DE for us... size, athletecism, ability in both phases of his game, but he lacks that will to compete. Coming into the situation we have at DE would help him greatly, there are plenty of players to compete with, and because of the rotation, it will minimize the possibility of getting injured, as well as helping him with what some call endurance issues. If he is available, he would be a great pick, and a potential steal if he can get his work ethic straightened out.

#121:A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State.
Another CB with the size the Eagles look for in their CBs, with a balanced game. He may not be a playmaker, but he is a playbreaker. He is good at getting in the way of the ball and is a willing run supporter. Though he may have limitted upside, he will at least be a solid contributor as a #4 or 5 CB and special teamer.

Round 5
#137 traded to Bal for #144 and 202...

#144:Zac Robinson, QB, OK State.
With McNabb gone, and Kolb stepping in with no QB on our roster signed past the end of this upcoming season, drafting a QB is a certainty, not only because of the contracts expiring, but also as a security measure if, for whatever reason, Kolb wouldn't work out. Robinson has benefitted from some weapons at his disposal, but has good accuracy and arm strength. He would be another project to an extent, but there are a lot of tools to work with and he would be a great pick here.

Round 6
#200: Darian Stewart, SS, S.C.
Stewart is a stocky Safety who is great in run support and has the ability to break up passes. He would serve as a good backup to Mikell as well as a special teamer. He hits hard and is a good tackler who is a great in the box type of Safety. Due to his lack of range I doubt he would ever be more than a backup and special teamer, however.

#202:Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas.
I know there are a lot of you guys saying, "wrong Kansas WR", lol, but I personally feel the Eagles, though they do need one WR, will be able to afford to wait until later in the draft with the solid 4 they have already, as well as Jordan Norwood, who I have always had a lot of faith in. But Meier is a tall guy with long arms who would add another red zone target for the Eagles, and would be an excellent #5 receiver.

Round 7
#243(comp):Cole Pemberton, OT, Col. State.
The typical small school O-line prospect the Eagles like to bring in for competition. He could very well go undrafted, but he has the size (6'7+ and ~315 lbs) the Eagles like. He isn't "nasty" but plays tough, and could back up RT, or at least provide competition for backup RT

#244(comp): Doug Worthington, DT, Ohio State.
Sniper, your probably upset I had to put an Ohio State player in here, so just imagine its another late round DT that fits well, lol. Worthington has more height than most of our DTs, but has longer arms and plays the run very well. He would be a solid contributor to the DT rotation, and with some teaching, could develope his pass rush abilities as well.

There is is, love it or hate it, there you go. I'm pretty happy with it. I tried to make it realistic based on value of prospect, value to the team, need, fit, and a few other factors, but if the Eagles draft turned out like this, I'd be pretty happy with it.
Much like you, I question how early the Eagles will pick a LB, but I feel this is the year they may break from that trend. They did it last year with RB and got Shady when historically they haven't spent more than a third round pick on a RB, and I think the second round is a good range where they may be willing to spend a higher pick than they usually do (also, the Eagles haven't spent higher than a 3rd rounder on a LB in a while)

Old 04-06-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Wilson would be a great pick for you guys, he's definately worth a 1st rounder and should be a stud. Earl Thomas would make me jealous if he went to Philly because I'd still root for him, so maybe I am just rooting for you guys to get another good player.

I think Everson Griffen, Kyle Wilson, or Earl Thomas would all be awesome picks for you guys in the 1st. I'm guessing Pouncey will be gone but if not he'd be a very nice pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the Eagles need to address LB fairly early. We've been trying to address that position with middle-late round guys and look where that has gotten us.

I understand we're getting two guys back from the IR, but its one of those positions where the players can find other ways to contribute. We rotate our LBs a lot and they are usually the backbone of the special teams.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I believe the Eagles need to address LB fairly early. We've been trying to address that position with middle-late round guys and look where that has gotten us.

I understand we're getting two guys back from the IR, but its one of those positions where the players can find other ways to contribute. We rotate our LBs a lot and they are usually the backbone of the special teams.
We all feel LB needs to be addressed early, much like RB last year. The Eagles showed they will break from their trends if they have the need/value. I think the Eagles may draft a LB in round 2 like they did with RB last year.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

the McNabb conditional pick becomes a 3rd rounder if one or both of the following happens:

1. McNabb goes to the Pro Bowl

2. McNabb plays 70 percent of the snaps in Washington and the Redskins win at least nine games.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Last edited by camp_eagles : 04-06-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I said 2nd round instead of 3rd
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
the McNabb conditional pick becomes a 2nd rounder if one or both of the following happens:

1. McNabb goes to the Pro Bowl

2. McNabb plays 70 percent of the snaps in Washington and the Redskins win at least nine games.

You sure it's not a 3rd rounder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You sure it's not a 3rd rounder?
you're right

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCourty would be a better fit than Wilson opposite Asante.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I think we're going to get multiple CB's in this draft. Probably two. I'm thinking Wilson in the 1st and then a guy like Brandon Ghee, someone who can match up with bigger guys, in the 3rdish

Its a passing league and we're starting to see more and more 3, 4, 5 WR sets. We have to have DB's to match up with that.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Wilson somewhat looks to be in the mold of Sheldon Brown, imo. Everyone loves Wilson, and its easy to see why. One of the guys that was listed on a mock, by eatw, was Jefferson from FSU. Not a guy that will gather picks, in fact I believe he did not have any his entire career, but will not get beat and bats many balls.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Wilson somewhat looks to be in the mold of Sheldon Brown, imo. Everyone loves Wilson, and its easy to see why. One of the guys that was listed on a mock, by eatw, was Jefferson from FSU. Not a guy that will gather picks, in fact I believe he did not have any his entire career, but will not get beat and bats many balls.
Robinson, not Jefferson.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Robinson, not Jefferson.
Patrick Robinson played for Florida State University.

A.J. Jefferson played for Fresno State University.

Both are FSU, lol. I could envision both playing for us, but Robinson has more upside.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wilson isn't the hitter Sheldon is, he isn't as physical as Sheldon, and isn't as much of a pick machine as Asante. He is right about in the middle of the CB range from Sheldon to Asante, in terms of playing traits and skillset.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Patrick Robinson played for Florida State University.

A.J. Jefferson played for Fresno State University.

Both are FSU, lol. I could envision both playing for us, but Robinson has more upside.
That may have been extremely confusing, sorry guys, lol.

No way Robinson lasts that long, lol, but I don't see the Eagles drafting two CBs that early, as there are other pressing needs than backup CBs. If I had to pick between the two, of course I'd rather have Robinson, but with how I see it panning out, I don't think the Eagles will go CB with both of their first two picks, and Jefferson is a CB who I think could eventually develop into a Nickel. He plays physical and would be a nice addition in the mid rounds.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Every single year I hope we trade out of the 1st to pick up another 1st round pick for the next year. I said that we should trade out of the 1st to get another 1st rounder in hopes we could package those two together for Eric Berry.

This year, I hope we trade out of the 1st, to pick up a 1st for next year to be in the Julio Jones/AJ Green/Jonathan Baldwin/Patrick Peterson sweepstakes.

I say move up for Eric Berry/Maurkice Pouncey or dont move up at all.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Every single year I hope we trade out of the 1st to pick up another 1st round pick for the next year. I said that we should trade out of the 1st to get another 1st rounder in hopes we could package those two together for Eric Berry.

This year, I hope we trade out of the 1st, to pick up a 1st for next year to be in the Julio Jones/AJ Green/Jonathan Baldwin/Patrick Peterson sweepstakes.

I say move up for Eric Berry/Maurkice Pouncey or dont move up at all.
Why would you want another WR??? Makes no sense at all unless you plan on moving DeSean or Maclin. The overall talent in this draft is much higher than next years looks to be, and even getting an additional first rounder next year doesn't guarantee you'll be able to get into position where you want to. I'd rather trade back a few picks and gather more picks in this draft than trade a first this year for a first next year. The Eagles would probably end up losing value if they traded for a first next year.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Why would you want another WR??? Makes no sense at all unless you plan on moving DeSean or Maclin. The overall talent in this draft is much higher than next years looks to be, and even getting an additional first rounder next year doesn't guarantee you'll be able to get into position where you want to. I'd rather trade back a few picks and gather more picks in this draft than trade a first this year for a first next year. The Eagles would probably end up losing value if they traded for a first next year.
I think we need a 4th WR. Granted, you dont draft AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Jonathan Baldwin to be your #4 WR, but I can dream.

I was mainly talking about Patrick Peterson, the best CB prospect to come along in quite some time.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think we need a 4th WR. Granted, you dont draft AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Jonathan Baldwin to be your #4 WR, but I can dream.

I was mainly talking about Patrick Peterson, the best CB prospect to come along in quite some time.
If the Eagles would only draft one CB this year, you know they are targetting a CB early this time next year. Maybe he will be available.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Eagles get more physical corners, personally I want some combination of Kareem Jackson, Patrick Robinson, Jerome Murphy and Kevin Thomas. The Eagles have their playmaker at corner in Asante, now they need someone who can jam someone at the line and knock receivers off their routes.

Jackson is extremely physical and gets a good pop at the line, the coaches are going to have to tone him down though because he is going to be called for a lot of pass interference. Robinson isn't physical in the sense of being willing to support the run, but the guy is tailor made to press, he has long arms and strong hands which really gets receivers off their routes and he has the ability to turn and run as well, I wouldn't be terribly happy with getting him since he gets beat a little too much for my tastes but maybe that was just poor safety play at FSU. I've seen Murphy knock receivers on their butts, he is a great press corner already and he is the best tackling corner in this draft. Kevin Thomas reminds me of Terrell Thomas a little bit and I really like Terrell Thomas even though he plays for the Giants.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahaha oh man this is good stuff, Kolb is a beast, this is good stuff. Now we need to nickname him based on this.

http://mcnabborkolb.tumblr.com/post/...ly-paul-bunyan

Quote:
We now have our first backwoods Eagles Quarterback, complete with too-tall tales.

First and most absurdly, Kevin hunts wild hogs — not with a gun, but with his hands, a few dogs, and a 12-inch bowie knife:

Quote:
“It’s not just [about] killing an animal,” says Kolb… He didn’t want to come off like some bloodthirsty savage to the non-hog-hunting fans of his new team, the Eagles, who shocked everyone from Allentown to Atco by taking Kolb with their first selection in the 2007 NFL draft, 36th overall. “A lot of times you’ve got to work before you reap your reward. Our dogs go and find ‘em first, and then we stab the pigs. It’s a little bit dangerous, but as long as you know what you’re doing, you’ll be all right.”
Jesus. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to have a wild hog coming after you and trying to gut it. Of course, this could set up the greatest of all injury reports down the road…

Kolb also perpetuates his own bass fishing myths:

Quote:
Placed seventh, along with friend Jeff Gilbert, at a Texas big bass fishing tournament in February. Kolb once caught - or so he claims (wink) - a 250-pound marlin.
And finally, his barn-stormin’ explanation of what it was like growing up in the country:

Quote:
“When you’re out in the woods and you get beat up, your mom’s not there to pick you up. I’d flip my four-wheeler or something, want to lay down there and be hurt. There’s nobody there to cry for you. You got to jump up and keep going.”
What a beast. Somehow I don’t think a few wide-bodied defensive tackles are going to rattle Mr. Bunyan much.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:23 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I hope the Eagles get more physical corners, personally I want some combination of Kareem Jackson, Patrick Robinson, Jerome Murphy and Kevin Thomas. The Eagles have their playmaker at corner in Asante, now they need someone who can jam someone at the line and knock receivers off their routes.

Jackson is extremely physical and gets a good pop at the line, the coaches are going to have to tone him down though because he is going to be called for a lot of pass interference. Robinson isn't physical in the sense of being willing to support the run, but the guy is tailor made to press, he has long arms and strong hands which really gets receivers off their routes and he has the ability to turn and run as well, I wouldn't be terribly happy with getting him since he gets beat a little too much for my tastes but maybe that was just poor safety play at FSU. I've seen Murphy knock receivers on their butts, he is a great press corner already and he is the best tackling corner in this draft. Kevin Thomas reminds me of Terrell Thomas a little bit and I really like Terrell Thomas even though he plays for the Giants.
Wow me and Thumper agree on something *L*
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Thats nice and dandy, Kolby here is a legitimate red neck.

Sig by Bone Krusher