Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Potential wise its a great move, but lets be honest how many of them do you expect it turn it on now? If they aren't preforming already whats going to make them turn it on now?

Maybe 1 or 2 of those guys might, but its not like the Eagles signed any superstars.
I defintiely agree here, I like a few of these moves, and am uncertain at best on others. I personally like the Tapp trade, he will be a solid contributor for us. Afte that, IDK how this all will pan out. I haven't been more excited to see new faces at training camp, so this summer can't come fast enough, and I will definitely be reporting back to you guys like I did last year.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sims was good his first season in Detroit, then they changed schemes and he didn't play well I'll admit. He's a better fit in our defense, and will have other good players around him which will be helpful. I don't believe that he just suddenly started sucking at football. There's other factors to consider here. Maybe I'm just higher on Sims than most, but with some coaching and work I expect he will be pretty good. We can coach up his tackling, at least he's quick enough to get to the play.

So I'm calling right now I bet that Ernie Sims beats out Akeem Jordan at WLB in training camp. So y'all can rag on him all you want, I like Sims and expect good things from him.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Sims was good his first season in Detroit, then they changed schemes and he didn't play well I'll admit. He's a better fit in our defense, and will have other good players around him which will be helpful. I don't believe that he just suddenly started sucking at football. There's other factors to consider here. Maybe I'm just higher on Sims than most, but with some coaching and work I expect he will be pretty good. We can coach up his tackling, at least he's quick enough to get to the play.

So I'm calling right now I bet that Ernie Sims beats out Akeem Jordan at WLB in training camp. So y'all can rag on him all you want, I like Sims and expect good things from him.
It'll be a close battle, and I think Sims has the advantage because of what is invested in him, albeit only a fifth rounder, but it is one of the many things I'll be watching at TC this summer.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Akeem Jordan is not going to lose his starting job. I think he may get moved around a fair amount in training camp though. Last season, he was by far our most consistent and best LB.

Did we opt out of resigning Tracy White? I'm pretty sure we did, in that case Ernie Sims is probably going to get a lot of the opportunities he got last year. Pretty similar players imo.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Akeem Jordan is not going to lose his starting job. I think he may get moved around a fair amount in training camp though. Last season, he was by far our most consistent and best LB.

Did we opt out of resigning Tracy White? I'm pretty sure we did, in that case Ernie Sims is probably going to get a lot of the opportunities he got last year. Pretty similar players imo.
It'll be a close battle for sure, but l;ike I said, I give the edge to Sims, fair or not. Whoever doesn't win the battle will still see the field a lot however, as both are better in coverage than any of our potential starting SLBs we have now.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
colide
Rookie

colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.

After the sims trade the eagles look like they going to trade up for eric berry but here's the thing would you trade up for berry or keep 24 and use our seconds to get a 19 so we could get wilson and a thomas
colide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Its heard to know if either would even be available at 19. If the Eagles could definitelyget both of them, or one of them and Maurkice Pouncey, I'd love it, but there is no guarantee of that.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
colide
Rookie

colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.

Right but I'm just worried if we get berry how many picks we we loose and will we be able to keep a second for a cb or ol
colide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by colide View Post
Right but I'm just worried if we get berry how many picks we we loose and will we be able to keep a second for a cb or ol
I think if the Eagles would trade for Berry, It'd take 24, 37, and 87 at least. Honestly. I'd be fine with 24, 37, and 70 as well, and maybe another low value pick, but not much more.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does it seem like the draft is so close yet so far away? lol
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Why does it seem like the draft is so close yet so far away? lol
i feel the same way man, time is slowing down.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Its the opposite for me, it seems like a week ago I looked at the countdown and it was still in the triple digits. I'm like that with anything I look forward to though. It seems like it takes forever while going through it, but when you look back, it flies by.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i realized the draft countdown clock is 1 hr wrong.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
If there's one thing I like about the new format, it's that the draft now gets here 2 days faster than usual.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i realized the draft countdown clock is 1 hr wrong.
? No it's not the draft starts at 7:30 ET on Thursday.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
And right now it says it is a little under 47 hours away, when it is really a little under 48 hours away. I noticed that a couple days ago too.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it should say 1 day 23hr mins not 22.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
it should say 1 day 23hr mins not 22.
The clock is always wrong, every year someone brings it up, lol.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft does seem like an eternity dont it? I just hope I dont get disapointed on Thursday. Last year, I was to drunk to even realize who we had gotten. Not this year, I will be sober and focused.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well Thursday nights here in Austin are pretty fun, so I guess the draft will be the pregame before going DT. I'm gonna be shooting for the medium of those two I guess haha, gotta be somewhat focused.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well Thursday nights here in Austin are pretty fun, so I guess the draft will be the pregame before going DT. I'm gonna be shooting for the medium of those two I guess haha, gotta be somewhat focused.
I'm watching the draft, that's it. Might make some food on the grill beforehand, but thats it.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

I am getting antsy for the draft to get here. One good thing is that I have class today from 4:00 to 6:30, so I will be able to keep myself busy.

If we pick up an impact Safety (Earl Thomas) and Cornerback (Devin McCourty or Kareem Jackson) I'll be extremely happy. I would honestly not care (not really) about any of our other picks.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
I am getting antsy for the draft to get here. One good thing is that I have class today from 4:00 to 6:30, so I will be able to keep myself busy.

If we pick up an impact Safety (Earl Thomas) and Cornerback (Devin McCourty or Kareem Jackson) I'll be extremely happy. I would honestly not care (not really) about any of our other picks.
I think the Eagles need to address CB, OL, and FS in this draft. However, I see situations where FS could be ignored, and I would be OK with it if the team feels the current FSs are OK. After that, I will only be paying atttention to the LBs and DEs.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Something I want to bring up that hasn't been mentioned. Of the Eagles players, these are the ones I see most likely moved on draft day...
Omar Gaither, Quintin Demps, Joe Mays, Juqua Parker, MJG, and of course, Michael Vick.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think the Eagles need to address CB, OL, and FS in this draft. However, I see situations where FS could be ignored, and I would be OK with it if the team feels the current FSs are OK. After that, I will only be paying attention to the LBs and DEs.
They do need an interior lineman since Jamaal Jackson isn't likely to be ready for the start of the year. I don't think they want another Stacy Andrews incident.

I think they need to address FS just because the top two guys in this draft are so much better than any player they have at that position currently.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote