Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
They do need an interior lineman since Jamaal Jackson isn't likely to be ready for the start of the year. I don't think they want another Stacy Andrews incident.

I think they need to address FS just because the top two guys in this draft are so much better than any player they have at that position currently.
I think if the Eagles can't get ahold of Berry, Thomas, Nate Allen, and maybe one or two more (Burnett and Jones), they may leave the FS position as it is, as none of the other FS prospects offer a serious upgrade.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Something I want to bring up that hasn't been mentioned. Of the Eagles players, these are the ones I see most likely moved on draft day...
Omar Gaither, Quintin Demps, Joe Mays, Juqua Parker, MJG, and of course, Michael Vick.
Wanted to bring this up to the last page...

Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Something I want to bring up that hasn't been mentioned. Of the Eagles players, these are the ones I see most likely moved on draft day...
Omar Gaither, Quintin Demps, Joe Mays, Juqua Parker, MJG, and of course, Michael Vick.
The only one that I don't see being moved from your list is Juqua because the depth at DE is pretty thin.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar Gaither can play all LB, positions and adds depth to all the LB spots, he is likely to stay.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
The only one that I don't see being moved from your list is Juqua because the depth at DE is pretty thin.
I only see Parker being moved if the Eagles take two DE's which is possible, but I agree, of the guys I mentioned, he is least likely.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Omar Gaither can play all LB, positions and adds depth to all the LB spots, he is likely to stay.
Gaither is not a SAM, he can play WILL and MIKE. I think it is extremely likely that Gaither or Mays are not on the team at the start of next season, most likely Gaither, as Gaither is more of a WILL, and he is behind two players at that position.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gaither is not a SAM, he can play WILL and MIKE. I think it is extremely likely that Gaither or Mays are not on the team at the start of next season, most likely Gaither, as Gaither is more of a WILL, and he is behind two players at that position.
Joe Mays will not be on this team. He will be in TC, however. No doubt in my mind that he has shown his true colors. This season was the perfect opportunity for him to make an impact, and he did the exact opposite.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Joe Mays will not be on this team. He will be in TC, however. No doubt in my mind that he has shown his true colors. This season was the perfect opportunity for him to make an impact, and he did the exact opposite.
Mays has value on Special Teams however, which is a big reason why I see him staying on the team. He is a better special teamer than Gaither, and is more likely to stick around.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tracy White was an awesome ST player and he's gone :(
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
All the more reason to keep the good ST guys we have...

Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I hear that Darren McFadden is on the block, maybe the Eagles could bring in McFadden for the right price. The talent is there and he fits the Eagles scheme very well. A combination of McFadden and McCoy would be good for Kolb. I think the Eagles come out of this weekend with a well known running back, Toby, Jahvid, Spiller or McFadden are guys I've got my eyes on.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't want one bit of McFadden, he isn't much different than Shady, and brings no new skill set to the table.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't want one bit of McFadden, he isn't much different than Shady, and brings no new skill set to the table.
Shady isnt nearly as explosive as McFadden, nor has his speed.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Shady isnt nearly as explosive as McFadden, nor has his speed.
No but they are similar, players. Name one thing that McFadden will do that Shady can't, its just not worth it.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No but they are similar, players. Name one thing that McFadden will do that Shady can't, its just not worth it.
He can play the wildcat, and throws the ball on stride.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
He can play the wildcat, and throws the ball on stride.
We already have players for the wildcat. I should've phrased it, what does McFadden bring to this offense we don't already have?

I'll answer that for you.. nothing. He has speed, yay, so does Shady and DeSean and Maclin. He can catch a ball out of the backfield, yay, so does Shady. He can do wilcat, yay, so does Shady, as well as DeSean, and oh, not to mention Vick.

I'm going to bed because I think I may be coming off as a dick in my last few posts, so I'll see you guys tomorrow, the sleep should do good.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Keenan Clayton is going to replace him.

Also the Eagles might have too many linebackers which is really weird considering last years debacle at LB. All of a sudden there are about 9 linebackers who are capable of making this team.

At SLB there is Moses Fokou, Alex Hall and Ricky Sapp. At MLB Stewart Bradley is a lock to start but behind him there is Omar Gaither and Jamar Chaney along with Joe Mays. And at WLB there is Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan and Keenan Clayton. Who do you cut? Alex Hall? I doubt that, when Spadaro asked about him Andy got a look on his face like he is going to be something and said "You've seen him, he is a BIG kid." Moses Fokou is the starter at SLB right now. Ricky Sapp is the developmental guy, maybe IR awaits? At MLB I think its clear Joe Mays is all but gone. And at WLB all three are pretty much the same player, run and hit linebackers.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Keenan Clayton is going to replace him.

Also the Eagles might have too many linebackers which is really weird considering last years debacle at LB. All of a sudden there are about 9 linebackers who are capable of making this team.

At SLB there is Moses Fokou, Alex Hall and Ricky Sapp. At MLB Stewart Bradley is a lock to start but behind him there is Omar Gaither and Jamar Chaney along with Joe Mays. And at WLB there is Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan and Keenan Clayton. Who do you cut? Alex Hall? I doubt that, when Spadaro asked about him Andy got a look on his face like he is going to be something and said "You've seen him, he is a BIG kid." Moses Fokou is the starter at SLB right now. Ricky Sapp is the developmental guy, maybe IR awaits? At MLB I think its clear Joe Mays is all but gone. And at WLB all three are pretty much the same player, run and hit linebackers.
As I see the depth chart at LB turning out...

WLB: Ernie Sims, Akeem Jordan, Omar Gaither, Keenan Clayton
MLB: Stewart Bradley, Joe Mays, Jamar Chaney, Omar Gaither
SLB: Jamar Chaney, Alex Hall, Moises Fokou, Rickey Sapp (if they plan on trying him at SLB)

Fair or not, I thin Sims will take over WLB.

Assuming Bradley is healthy, he'll be the MIKE, and if that's the case, Jamar Chaney could be the SAM. He is a monster against the run. He avoids blockers and when they do get to him, he sheds them very well. He will find his way on to the field. He is also very gap sound, which is something I really like as well. In his game against Florida, I saw him avoid Maurkice Pouncey, as well as shed his blocks, rather easily. Chaney reads and reacts well in coverage, but what I really like is his ability to sniff out the screen, and he has more range than given credit for. If there's one thing I don't like about him, its that he tackles a little high on the body at times, as opposed to wrapping up at the hips. He isn't an astounding pass rusher, and doesn't hafve many moves from the outside. His only move is his shoulder dip, but with his height combined with his excellent use of it, it is hard to stop. He is good at finding the hole on the inside blitzes as well. Another thing i like is he is ver assignment sound. He is going to be a steal, and is a player I really REALLY like.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Of our LBs, I think Sims, Jordan, Bradley, Mays, Chaney, Hall and Fokou will make the team. If Sapp is going to play SLB, expect him to be IRed.

Edit: Also... I like Chaney like Thumper likes Kolb...

Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Edit: Also... I like Chaney like Thumper likes Kolb...
I don't see all of the stuff you see in him... I don't see the run defender and blitzer that you see in Chaney. I see a guy who is a good tackler, is agile in coverage, is athletic and gets good depth in his drop, a guy who has a bunch of range and a guy who could start at MLB or WLB. He really reminds me of Omar Gaither, and I like Gaither so thats not an insult, I think Gaither could easily start at ILB or WLB and I see the same things in Chaney, only thing is that Chaney is more athletic by a wide margin.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I don't see all of the stuff you see in him... I don't see the run defender and blitzer that you see in Chaney. I see a guy who is a good tackler, is agile in coverage, is athletic and gets good depth in his drop, a guy who has a bunch of range and a guy who could start at MLB or WLB. He really reminds me of Omar Gaither, and I like Gaither so thats not an insult, I think Gaither could easily start at ILB or WLB and I see the same things in Chaney, only thing is that Chaney is more athletic by a wide margin.
With that post, it may have seemed like I was talking too highly of his pass rushing abilities. He isn't a great pass rusher by any means, and is just about as good as, or maybe slightly better, than Gocong. As I said, he only has one move, his shoulder dip, but it is good. He is great in coverage, which I didn't really focus on too much, come to think of it. But he is instinctive, reads and reacts well, and flies back into position, almost like Urlacher (not a huge exaggeration, maybe a little) in his prime. He is very good against the run however. He gets himself in position to make the tackle VERY well, whether it be by avoiding the blocker, or breaking loose. He had some plays on Maurkice Pouncey where he won the battle quite easily, as I said in my other post. My biggest problem with him is he tackles guys a little high, but wraps up well, which I like.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Is Urlacher your go to comparison for everyone? Didn't you compare Stewart Bradley to him as well? I'm high on Chaney, but not as high as you. But you're right he can cover and that is going to be a nice change after watching Jeremiah Trotter and Chris Gocong this past season. But Chaney tested extremely well at the combine, I think he could start right away. But the role I see him in this season is a nickel linebacker, play him at WLB on occassion, move him to SLB on obvious passing downs, kind of like what they did with Tracy White and Akeem Jordan last year.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Is it wrong of me to expect double digit sacks for Brandon Graham this season? I mean he is heading to a team that will likely leave him out there at LE for a large majority of the snaps and might move him inside on occassion. Not only that but he is playing across from Trent Cole which means he will likely be facing one on one battles regularly and quite frankly I don't think that right tackles can handle the suddeness and the quickness of Brandon Graham, especially the ones in the NFC East which are some of the worst in the NFL.

I'm also expecting a lot from Kafka eventually, I really like him and think one day he will make an excellent backup and then the Eagles can trade him for picks ala Matt Schaub.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

I can understand that most of you guys think Jamar is going to be a WLB/ILB type, but I dont see it. He did start at WLB his freshman and sophomore year at Mississippi State, so I can understand the belief he will be a WLB.

I just dont agree with it. He is a very big at 6'1 240 lbs, and has great athleticism for that size. I think the most important thing is that he is very strong. Two of his strongsuits is stacking and shedding blocks and reading and reacting. I would say his weaknesses are tackling in the open field and pursuit angles.

Definitely could play SLB in our defense.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

I know im going to tske some heat for this, but thats ok. I onky see Chaney being a nickel linebacker on this team.

Sig by Bone Krusher