Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I can tell you right now, if someone spoke about my mother that way, I'd jump across the table and beat the piss out of them, and not think twice about it.
Well what he really asked is if she was ever a prostitute, not if she was still a prostitute.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Well what he really asked is if she was ever a prostitute, not if she was still a prostitute.
I don't care how he worded it, I'd deck the ****** and then tell him to take me off his draft board, because I wouldn't play for him anyway. No matter how he worded it, he was wrong.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care how he worded it, I'd deck the ****** and then tell him to take me off his draft board, because I wouldn't play for him anyway. No matter how he worded it, he was wrong.
I know thats right!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh come on. The point of the question was to see how he'd, react not to find out if his mom is actually a **** or not. What if someone calls his mom a **** on the field? Will he take it personally and get a 15 yard penalty or will he grow up and shake it off.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Oh come on. The point of the question was to see how he'd, react not to find out if his mom is actually a **** or not. What if someone calls his mom a **** on the field? Will he take it personally and get a 15 yard penalty or will he grow up and shake it off.
Well if the point of the question (which is posed by a so called "professional") is to see how I'd react, he'd get a reaction, that's for sure. It's different as a player, you can go out on the field and abuse them with your play, how can you do that to a guy in a suit and tie up in his comfy box?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if the point of the question (which is posed by a so called "professional") is to see how I'd react, he'd get a reaction, that's for sure. It's different as a player, you can go out on the field and abuse them with your play, how can you do that to a guy in a suit and tie up in his comfy box?
Yeah, I get what your saying. I'm just tired of all this politically correctness. They wanted to test his temper, I have no problem with that.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Yeah, I get what your saying. I'm just tired of all this politically correctness. They wanted to test his temper, I have no problem with that.
Well as you can tell by my posts, you can tell I could give a crap about politcal correctness, lol.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One time the Washingtom Redskins asked a RB, "if I kick you in the nuts, how would you react?" You never know what you will get from these people.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
One time the Washingtom Redskins asked a RB, "if I kick you in the nuts, how would you react?" You never know what you will get from these people.
You know what I'd say as a reply...

Go for it, then you'll get your answer. Then I'd smile.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of the questions are just stupid.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Some of the questions are just stupid.
Of course, but I guess its just due dilligence. I'm sure the interviews are boring for all parties, so they try to spice it up a bit and see what type of personality/sense of humor each player has. Maybe helps to see how they fit into the locker room and with the fans and stuff.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course, but I guess its just due dilligence. I'm sure the interviews are boring for all parties, so they try to spice it up a bit and see what type of personality/sense of humor each player has. Maybe helps to see how they fit into the locker room and with the fans and stuff.
yeah but asking question like that is not a interview question. How is this making the league look good? Goodell should come down with an iron fist on coaches and GMs now.

Doing your due diligence is one thing but asking questions like that really isn't. Kids have come from bad backgrounds and turn it around, and kids come from good backgrounds and have horrible lives from bad decisions.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah but asking question like that is not a interview question. How is this making the league look good? Goodell should come down with an iron fist on coaches and GMs now.

Doing your due diligence is one thing but asking questions like that really isn't. Kids have come from bad backgrounds and turn it around, and kids come from good backgrounds and have horrible lives from bad decisions.
I'm talking about asking questions about what type of women you like, or what would you do if I kicked you in the balls, stuff like that. As you can tell by my reaction, I think what Ireland asked Bryant is completely uncalled for. You have to draw a line somewhere.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Cowboys granted Ireland permission to speak with Bryant. I wonder, if he plans on asking for Bryant's mom phone number?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Cowboys granted Ireland permission to speak with Bryant. I wonder, if he plans on asking for Bryant's mom phone number?
If that's his plan he better schedule a hospital visit as well.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...m-guaranteed/1

Quote:
The Eagles agreed to a one-year contract extension with QB Kevin Kolb on Thursday.

The contract runs through the 2011 season. Scout.com reported it guarantees $12.26 million to Kolb.

A three-year veteran, Kolb was anointed as the Eagles' starter when they traded Donovan McNabb to the Redskins earlier this month.

"When given the chance, Kevin has proven to have good command of this offense and we're looking forward to having him operate as the number one quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles," coach Andy Reid said in a statement. -- Sean Leahy
That is more than Donovan McNabb would've made and all that money is 100% guaranteed. I think that rules out the idea that trading McNabb was really to save money.

Also the rookies reported to mini-camps today, Sapp said he has been told he will play SLB and Keenan Clayton also said he has been told he will play SLB. Sapp played the bandit spot at Clemson which is essentially a stand up pass rushing linebacker and Clayton played a traditional SLB role at Oklahoma.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Sapp could really open up some eyes as SLB.

He plays almost like DeMarcus Ware, sort of. He has the same physical skills and body type. He could be a force as a rush OLB, and could even contribute as a rush SLB just like Orakpo did for the Redskins last year.

Sapp + Graham coming off the strong side = money.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Sapp could really open up some eyes as SLB.

He plays almost like DeMarcus Ware, sort of. He has the same physical skills and body type. He could be a force as a rush OLB, and could even contribute as a rush SLB just like Orakpo did for the Redskins last year.

Sapp + Graham coming off the strong side = money.

I've always been a big fan of Sapp around here when people were bashing him, needless to say I was surprised he ended up anywhere but a 3-4 team. I'm not sure how it'll work out for him in a 4-3, but dude can rush the passer and is very graceful around the edge.

If you can be creative in how you use him you should have a very good player, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a disappointment and being traded a few years later to a 3-4 team.

I think Keenan Clayton will end up being better for you guys, saw alot of him in the Big XII. Really great player at OU, very athletic, scheme is similiar for him so the learning curve won't be as steep. Still Sapp has alot more potential if you can put him in the right situations and he's always going to be an excellent pass-rusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-29-2010 at 06:48 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I definitely think Sapp is a prototypical 3-4 rush OLB, but again, like Orakpo, he might open up some eyes as a 4-3 SLB.

Hell, for all we know, maybe the Eagles are planning to move to a 3-4 defense. Might explain the 500,000 LB tweeners they picked up recently.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I definitely think Sapp is a prototypical 3-4 rush OLB, but again, like Orakpo, he might open up some eyes as a 4-3 SLB.

Hell, for all we know, maybe the Eagles are planning to move to a 3-4 defense. Might explain the 500,000 LB tweeners they picked up recently.
Ummm... I promise you that is wrong.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Sapp, could end up being a sitiounal pass rusher.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Ummm... I promise you that is wrong.
maybe not moving, but giving more looks of it. Its a league trend now. Eagles did try it, but it was obvious what was gonna happen. The had Cole and Gocong standing up rushing the passer.

Sapp and Graham both are suited for the 3-4, it just helps make the defense multi-dimensional. Also Sapp would have been terrible DE, not strong enough and same with olb in the 3-4 not strong enough. He cant hold up against the run, and as for pass rush other than running by the tackle or swim/rip(rarely seen or used) move not much else.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

You know what I don't get, how anyone could say the Eagles the worst team in NFC East. I just don't get it. I won't go on any rants in the thread its supposed to go in because I don't really feel like arguing with someone who isn't going to agree with me. You know that lobbying is most effective when you lobby someone who is already partial to your point of view?

Anyways, yeah the Eagles lost McNabb but the Eagles are really high on Kolb, I'll spare you my Kolb rants, but just know that he fits the traditional west coast offense better than McNabb does and the young players almost seem to like him better. I'll just leave it at that, I have confidence that he can move the offense and lead the young players.

At RB the Eagles lost some name value with Westbrook, but when Shady started I think he was more effective. He wasn't as effective when he had to fill in for Westbrook mid-game but when the game plan was crafted for him he did more than Westbrook did. And the Eagles really struggled with the short yardage situations last season because they lacked a true power RB (Weaver was good though) but now they've added Mike Bell and Charles Scott to shore up the short yardage woes. And now instead of running single sets with just Leonard Weaver in short yardage situations the Eagles can now throw together short yardage packages with Weaver at FB and Scott or Bell at RB. The Eagles run game should be more effective.

At receiver the Eagles young players should develop even further, DeSean Jackson will be better, Jeremy Maclin's production should jump as he further adjusts to the NFL, Avant will still be Mr. consistent and now the Eagles will have a better #4 receiver in Riley Cooper who according to Jordan Raanan of CSN said that Riley Cooper looked like a defensive end, he will be a welcome upgrade over the constantly injured Kevin Curtis who played in what, 2 games last year? The Eagles receivers should be better as well.

The tight end situation should improve as well, Brent Celek will likely get some more looks since Kevin Kolb is at QB and they're good friends. And instead of Alex Smith as the #2 QB the Eagles will have Ingram and Harbor who are very nice receiving tight ends who will likely be good red-zone targets. They might not be great blockers, but they should provide more as a unit in terms of receiving and athleticism.

The offensive line believe it or not will be better. Last season the Eagles offensive line was just raped by injuries, Todd Herramens missed 5 games, Jason Peters missed 2 games, Jamaal Jackson missed 1.5, Stacy Andrews never recovered from his ACL injury completely, Shawn Andrews missed the entire season. Basically that line was running on its reserves by the middle of the season, there was actually a point against the Raiders and Cowboys where 4 starters were missing. And chemistry should be better, injuries forced players to move around and the line was never really steady and they lacked consistency, that should change this season as the players are more comfortable with each other. I think the Eagles offensive line will be better this season as long as they stay healthy.

Also the defensive line is going to be better, the Eagles defensive line struggled to create pressure with 4 man fronts last season, so they drafted Brandon Graham, DTN and Ricky Sapp to help bring the heat. Adding good defensive ends will help Trent Cole get more sacks and help keep offenses from attacking the secondary. The increased pass rush should also force quarterbacks to step up in the pocket and allow Bunkley and Patterson to get more sacks. The Eagles defensive line is better than it was last season.

The linebackers are going to be EXTREMELY better than last season. Stewart Bradley is coming back and he is the Eagles best linebacker. Also the Eagles linebackers really struggled in pass coverage and overall they were just below average all season, now the Eagles have Ernie Sims, Jamar Chaney, Keenan Clayton and Alex Hall added to the stable to help up the performance of linebackers. Also another big addition will be Omar Gaither coming back.

The safety situation is much improved, they added a good FS which should help the entire defense and they have solid depth in Demps and Jackson. Mikell should do better this season with a good FS next to him. Last season Sean Jones couldn't cover to save his life and Macho Harris was still getting adjusted to the position.

The only spot where I think the Eagles downgraded significantly if at all was corner. Losing Sheldon Brown wasn't a great thing for the defense but I think that the improved defensive line will help compensate for the loss of Sheldon.

Also the special teams will be better, they added the best special teams coordinator in the game in Bobby April and Ellis Hobbs is coming back to return kicks, Quintin Demps will get more reps and the Eagles added some good special teams players like Hank Baskett, Keenan Clayton and Alex Hall.

I think the only thing that might hold this team back from making the playoffs are Kevin Kolb's hiccups as he becomes a full time starter and the super hard schedule the Eagles have. If Kolb can play at a relatively high level and move the offense I don't think you will see a big drop off (if there is any) for the Eagles. The team overall is better than it was a few months ago.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the Redskins finally get their act together, which is quite possible now with McNabb at the helm, than we could be in trouble. We have a rookie QB coming in and he's bound to be prone to some growing pains. Couple that with the difficulty of our division and schedule and there's a decent chance we could finish 4th in the NFC East.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I think if the Redskins finally get their act together, which is quite possible now with McNabb at the helm, than we could be in trouble. We have a rookie QB coming in and he's bound to be prone to some growing pains. Couple that with the difficulty of our division and schedule and there's a decent chance we could finish 4th in the NFC East.
Redskins aren't a threat at all, they can't protect McNabb and McNabb isn't good when he gets no protection, he gets happy feet, accuracy goes out the window, he starts feeling pressure early and he takes his eyes off the receivers. When you can't protect McNabb, McNabb isn't nearly as good. Their running game is garbage, their receivers are mediocre, their safeties suck, their corners are mediocre and their front 7 which was the strength of the team last season is going through a scheme switch and Haynesworth, their best player doesn't approve.

The Redskins aren't a threat.