Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also reading that new leadership is emerging, on offense I've heard Kevin Kolb, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Mike McGlynn. On defense you have the usual suspects in Asante Samuel, Stewart Bradley and Quintin Mikell.

Kevin Kolb was getting in the face of some young receivers telling them that when the pocket collapses they have to come back, this shows me that he can be a fiery leader and that he isn't afraid to grab someone by the collar.
LeSean McCoy who is one of the only returning runners was seen directing the younger runners and Mike Bell who are new to the team.
DeSean Jackson got on Riley Cooper about finishing plays.
Mike McGlynn is apparently really assertive in the huddle, making adjustments and overall just playing mean. I really expected this from Mike McGlynn.

EDIT: Jeremy Maclin already had defined arms, but I just saw a picture of him and he looks much bigger, he has to be at least 210.

Last edited by Thumper : 05-01-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im liking what I see in this bunch, Kolb, looks like he is a leader. Keep us updated, Thumper.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should also be mentioned that right now, Harris is starting at FS, and Tapp was backing up Cole at RE. Also, Victor Abiamiri had (or is having, not sure) microfracture surgery on his knee, which goes a bit of the way to attributing why DE was addressed so early and often in the draft. Chaney and Sapp also are being looked at as SLBs. Keenean Clayton also saw time at SLB as well, though IDK if that is best suited for him.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
EATW your boy Victor looks like he is going to be cut...just can't stay healthy.
He might be IRed, but I can say that it wouldn't surprise me if they cut him. You know what happeneddd with the last guy that had microfracture surgery on his knee. Granted Runyan was a bit older, but I could see them cutting ties with VA at this point. Needless to say, he wasn't what I expected. I never expect much out of him as a pass rusher, but he underperformed there as to what I expected. He was pretty much what I expected in the run game, however even in that aspect of the game he didn't live up to my expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Along with his buddy Trevor Laws, but his issue is more with sucking than getting injured.
Not sure if you mean Laws is my buddy or Abiamiri's, but I liked Laws, and I still like him more than all but 3 of the Eagles DTs. Jeff Owens was a good pick value-wise, but he isn't better than Laws, which is saying something. He doesn't play to his measurables. I can see the Eagles keeping 5 DTs this season though, so both may end up on the final roster.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defensive end scenario got complicated now that Abiamiri is hurt, the Eagles had great depth with Abs but now they only have good depth. At RDE I can see it working out with Trent Cole starting and playing all the snaps like he always does and at LDE there will be a rotation of Parker, Te'o-Neshiem (did I finally get it right?!), Graham and Tapp. Then if Cole gets hurt just slide Graham over to RDE and run with a rotation of Jaqua, DTN and Tapp at LE.

Also EATW the reason that Macho is starting is because the Eagles want Nate Allen to fully heal a quad injury. Also none of the rookies are starters right now because Andy Reid doesn't want to heap too much on the rookies, at the end of August I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 rookie starters.

Trevor Laws can't handle the two gap scheme the Eagles run, he just isn't strong enough at the point of attack, he is consistently blown off the line of scrimmage. Thats the reason why the Antonio Dixon took over Laws' spot last season and I don't think Dixon gives it up, Dixon was really impressive last season IMO. And Jeff Owens is a strong run defender, he isn't a good penetrator IMO but he plays really strong against the run and he commanded double teams in college which is why Geno Atkins had 10.5 sacks (2 seasons) with Owens and none without him.

Also worth noting is that McGlynn has taken most of the snaps at center. King Dunlap has looked improved. Alex Hall listed as a SLB has been playing with his hand in the dirt. I've heard nothing from Mike Bell and that Charles Scott is outperforming him at this point. I've heard that Keenan Clayton has been good in coverage which is to be expected. Ernie Sims has made the biggest impression on the Eagles, he is fast and has looked really good.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Marlin Jackson at camp, and if so, wheee is he playing?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Is Marlin Jackson at camp, and if so, wheee is he playing?
He plays positional drills but doesn't play in team drills to help prevent injury to his knee, team drills have more movement, more players moving around and by holding him out he is less likely to reinjure his knee (remember he only tore it in late October so he isn't as far into his rehab as Stewart Bradley and Cornelius Ingram are.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

LeSean McCoy is convinced he could beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight...

Quote:
So look I think I can beat mayweather no shrimp is going to beat me 5"7 please a right from me he's sleep
Quote:
@iHeartKira u stop I'm serious no lil ol man will dominate me I bench press 4x mayweather what's he way 145lbs.
Quote:
I can punch with both hands and I wrestled in junior high he wouldn't last 10min. If u seen me stiff arm imagine it's a jab
Quote:
If I can fend off 260 pound lb's with killer instincts with a stiff arm I swear a jab from me to a 145 man would have him bed ridden
Old 05-02-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Is Jackson going to play corner?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Is Jackson going to play corner?
Right now based on the depth chart that Andy Reid has been using at practice the RCB depth chart looks like this: 1-Ellis Hobbs 2-Joselio Hanson 3-Trevard Lindley
Old 05-02-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Right now based on the depth chart that Andy Reid has been using at practice the RCB depth chart looks like this: 1-Ellis Hobbs 2-Joselio Hanson 3-Trevard Lindley
Damn...NO!

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-02-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Damn...NO!
Well do you want Marlin Jackson playing RCB? The guy was running a 4.63 before he tore up both his knees. In Indianapolis I know they shifted him inside at nickel alot and thats really where I hope he fits in, he would be like having a third safety on the field, one of the best run supporting corners in the league and he is really physical but at this point with his knees the way they are I don't think there is anyway he survives outside anymore, especially since he would have to cover the NFC East receivers and some of those guys are monsters.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

I dont think Jackson would be the solution, but Im hopeful Hobbs wont be our guy. Maybe we pick somebody up in June??

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-02-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dont think Jackson would be the solution, but Im hopeful Hobbs wont be our guy. Maybe we pick somebody up in June??
I think that Hanson ends up being the guy, he has done well in the past and he has a big contract, in the NFC Championship game against the Cardinals he was the Eagles best corner that game. He is a really good nickel and I think given the amount of money he was given last year the Eagles might be expecting a move to RCB.

But Ellis Hobbs sucks so much.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Quote:
Indeed, he does.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-02-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The defensive end scenario got complicated now that Abiamiri is hurt, the Eagles had great depth with Abs but now they only have good depth. At RDE I can see it working out with Trent Cole starting and playing all the snaps like he always does and at LDE there will be a rotation of Parker, Te'o-Neshiem (did I finally get it right?!), Graham and Tapp. Then if Cole gets hurt just slide Graham over to RDE and run with a rotation of Jaqua, DTN and Tapp at LE.

Also EATW the reason that Macho is starting is because the Eagles want Nate Allen to fully heal a quad injury. Also none of the rookies are starters right now because Andy Reid doesn't want to heap too much on the rookies, at the end of August I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 rookie starters.

Trevor Laws can't handle the two gap scheme the Eagles run, he just isn't strong enough at the point of attack, he is consistently blown off the line of scrimmage. Thats the reason why the Antonio Dixon took over Laws' spot last season and I don't think Dixon gives it up, Dixon was really impressive last season IMO. And Jeff Owens is a strong run defender, he isn't a good penetrator IMO but he plays really strong against the run and he commanded double teams in college which is why Geno Atkins had 10.5 sacks (2 seasons) with Owens and none without him.

Also worth noting is that McGlynn has taken most of the snaps at center. King Dunlap has looked improved. Alex Hall listed as a SLB has been playing with his hand in the dirt. I've heard nothing from Mike Bell and that Charles Scott is outperforming him at this point. I've heard that Keenan Clayton has been good in coverage which is to be expected. Ernie Sims has made the biggest impression on the Eagles, he is fast and has looked really good.
The Eagles Cole, Graham, Tapp, DTN, and PArker right now. I see the Eagles adding another DE at some point during TC, which will once again bring the DE depth from good to great. You arguably won't find a better set of 4 DEs in the league, so that itself almost makes it great depth.

Also, Owens has the size to take up blockers, but he doesn't have the playing style. Like I said in my evalutation of him, he doesn't have the strength to take up blockers in the NFL, and will get washed easily. He's basically a bigger (fatter) version of Laws, only he isn't as explosive and offers even less in his pass rush. If the Eagles keep 5 DTs, Owens will make the team. If they keep 4, Laws should make it over Owens.

Quote:
Well do you want Marlin Jackson playing RCB? The guy was running a 4.63 before he tore up both his knees. In Indianapolis I know they shifted him inside at nickel alot and thats really where I hope he fits in, he would be like having a third safety on the field, one of the best run supporting corners in the league and he is really physical but at this point with his knees the way they are I don't think there is anyway he survives outside anymore, especially since he would have to cover the NFC East receivers and some of those guys are monsters.
Honestly, if it came down to Jackson and Hobbs, I'd want Jackson in there. IDK how far along Jackson's recovery is, but Hobbs is so atrocious in coverage that Jackson wouldn't be a downgrade in coverage. But Jackson has the physicality to hold up better against the monster NFC East WRs, get them off their routes, and also is a MUCH better run supporter than Hobbs. Hobbs' value on the Eagles is his return ability. Unless he really fixes his **** this year, if Hobbs is starting, expect him to get burnt consistently. Jackson may still get burnt, maybe even just as much, but at least he will help A LOT more in the run game.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think that Hanson ends up being the guy, he has done well in the past and he has a big contract, in the NFC Championship game against the Cardinals he was the Eagles best corner that game. He is a really good nickel and I think given the amount of money he was given last year the Eagles might be expecting a move to RCB.

Its definitely possible. Hanson will hold up better in coverage than either Hobbs or Jackson, and also is a decent blitzer and is good in run support. Not as good as Jackson, but still much better than Hobbs.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marty Morninwheg said the offense will change to reflect Kevin Kolb's strengths, meaning watch out for Brent Celek and Jeremy Maclin.
Just curious what this may mean. The Eagles always seemed like a pass happy team which should already suit the strengths of Kolb coming out of Houston who threw all the time.

Also he seemed to hook up with DeSean on some pretty deep balls a few times, so I would consider that something that would be involved quite a bit also. Hard for me to see things changing much, I would of expected maybe more running but it's not really Andy Reid's style and you guys didn't take a RB very early.

Will be interesting to watch none the less, I'm still expecting an air it out attack, Kolb threw the ball all over the place at Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb doesn't have the big sex cannon like Donny Mac did, so we'll probably see more short routes. I think that's what he meant.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
The Eagles Cole, Graham, Tapp, DTN, and PArker right now. I see the Eagles adding another DE at some point during TC, which will once again bring the DE depth from good to great. You arguably won't find a better set of 4 DEs in the league, so that itself almost makes it great depth.

Also, Owens has the size to take up blockers, but he doesn't have the playing style. Like I said in my evalutation of him, he doesn't have the strength to take up blockers in the NFL, and will get washed easily. He's basically a bigger (fatter) version of Laws, only he isn't as explosive and offers even less in his pass rush. If the Eagles keep 5 DTs, Owens will make the team. If they keep 4, Laws should make it over Owens.

Honestly, if it came down to Jackson and Hobbs, I'd want Jackson in there. IDK how far along Jackson's recovery is, but Hobbs is so atrocious in coverage that Jackson wouldn't be a downgrade in coverage. But Jackson has the physicality to hold up better against the monster NFC East WRs, get them off their routes, and also is a MUCH better run supporter than Hobbs. Hobbs' value on the Eagles is his return ability. Unless he really fixes his **** this year, if Hobbs is starting, expect him to get burnt consistently. Jackson may still get burnt, maybe even just as much, but at least he will help A LOT more in the run game.
Dont forget we have Ricky Sapp and Alex Hall, both of which can work with their hand on the ground.

I wouldnt be very surprised to see Quintin Demps get some shots at CB time. I remember him being in on some dime situations. He definitely has the athletic ability to do it, so I say give him a shot.

Jackson should only be a FS. Nothing else.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more Brent Celek, the better. Dude's a stud.

On that note, a video of Brent Celek beasting in 2nd grade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCgwH4uI4gM
Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

McNabb utilized his tight end at the start of his career quite often. He put Chad Lewis in the pro bowl, of all people. Celek, is more talented than Lewis, and will help Kolb tremendously.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-02-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Kevin and Brent are best friends off the field too, so you know the chemistry is there on the field.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see the new throwbacks?

Awesome.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 05-03-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Dont forget we have Ricky Sapp and Alex Hall, both of which can work with their hand on the ground.

I wouldnt be very surprised to see Quintin Demps get some shots at CB time. I remember him being in on some dime situations. He definitely has the athletic ability to do it, so I say give him a shot.

Jackson should only be a FS. Nothing else.
Ricky Sapp can play with his hand on the dirt, but with his style of play, the only time I want him on the LOS is in OBVIOUS passign downs. He is more sutited to play SLB. As I said with guys like Kindle and Hughes, Sapp's body style doesn't fit playing DE on a consistent basis, and with his style of play, he is a SLB first and a DE second. Alex Hall has seen a lot of time at DE, though I haven't had the opportunity to see it much, so we'll see how that works out. Of any of out younger FSs, I think Harris is the one most likely to make the switch back to CB. He has more experience at CB, and if he was playing out of position last season and still beat Demps, who is more of a natural FS, that should tell you what the Eagles feel about the both of them. I would like to see Jackson at CB on occasion, but I realize he is better suited to play at FS at this point. But with certain packages the defense will see on offense, it may be more beneficial to have him at CB on a few occasions.

Those throwbacks are sexy, BTW.