Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamison :)

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait a second... Remember what Jackson said? Jackson said that he was "very happy with the decision" by the Eagles organization to trade McNabb to the Redskins. He also went on to say that, "I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone," Remember that?

Alright hold on... Remember what McNabb said about Owens way back in 2004? It was something like "Things will continue just fine without him" or something to that effect. Alright now we're back in 2010, McNabb responds to DeSean saying ""It's so wild when people get to talking when you're not there, but when you're there everybody loves you. So I guess people will go deeper into it than I will. I'm a Redskin, no longer an Eagle. I had 11 great years and I'm moving on with my life, so whoever may say things when I'm gone, more power to them, but it's not making you look like a bigger man."

So McNabb is taking offense to that? Is that what McNabb is getting at? TO got mad that things were going to be just fine without him and now McNabb is mad that DeSean says things are going to be fine without him? What the hell are these guys supposed to say? Was McNabb supposed to say "Oh no, TO is hurt, he is the team's best player and now we're going to roll over and die" and was Jackson supposed to say "I want McNabb back, without him this team is going to rollover and die"? Thats just dumb and I can't believe McNabb is taking offense to this when he did the same exact thing to Owens. This new 'fued' is dumb.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait... what? Nate Allen lined up at SS, not FS in the post draft mini-camp. Safety duo of the future is Macho Harris and Nate Allen perhaps? I like that. Although I was really expecting Allen to be a FS so this perplexes me a little bit. Oh well, we'll see how it plays out.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sickwith It, though I kinda agree with what you are saying, I have been a (not annoyingly vocal) Kolb supporter as well, and I think this was as good a time as any to do it for the team. Keep in mind the the Eagles are going to get at least a fourth rounder next year as well. I plan an coordinating a mass Eagle effort to get McNabb into the Pro Bowl so that 4th is guaranteed to become a third.

The Thumper... Its to the point where people start "attacking" you (not an attack, BTW) because they can't go anywhere without you mentioning Kolb (or Maclin). Combine that with how you talk to other people, and you get treated the way you treat other people. Also, I wouldn't classify Maclin as a physical WR. He is more physical than DeSean, but compare Maclin to a true physical WR like Boldin or Fitz (less Physical than Boldin, much more physical than Maclin), and it isn't even close AT ALL. Maclin is still a receiver that's game is more about speed and quickness than strength and power, and there is nothing wrong with that, that's the type of WR he is. Don't make him into something he isn't.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Wait a second... Remember what Jackson said? Jackson said that he was "very happy with the decision" by the Eagles organization to trade McNabb to the Redskins. He also went on to say that, "I don't think we lost anything, even with McNabb being gone," Remember that?

Alright hold on... Remember what McNabb said about Owens way back in 2004? It was something like "Things will continue just fine without him" or something to that effect. Alright now we're back in 2010, McNabb responds to DeSean saying ""It's so wild when people get to talking when you're not there, but when you're there everybody loves you. So I guess people will go deeper into it than I will. I'm a Redskin, no longer an Eagle. I had 11 great years and I'm moving on with my life, so whoever may say things when I'm gone, more power to them, but it's not making you look like a bigger man."

So McNabb is taking offense to that? Is that what McNabb is getting at? TO got mad that things were going to be just fine without him and now McNabb is mad that DeSean says things are going to be fine without him? What the hell are these guys supposed to say? Was McNabb supposed to say "Oh no, TO is hurt, he is the team's best player and now we're going to roll over and die" and was Jackson supposed to say "I want McNabb back, without him this team is going to rollover and die"? Thats just dumb and I can't believe McNabb is taking offense to this when he did the same exact thing to Owens. This new 'fued' is dumb.
Its a non-story... Its a case of media asking questions and neither consider it a big deal. Its the business of the NFL.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Wait... what? Nate Allen lined up at SS, not FS in the post draft mini-camp. Safety duo of the future is Macho Harris and Nate Allen perhaps? I like that. Although I was really expecting Allen to be a FS so this perplexes me a little bit. Oh well, we'll see how it plays out.
This is OTAs, don't read too much into it. Perhaps since Mikell wasn't there they put the best fit at SS for the day, just to see if Allen can grasp both positions. Not a big deal or anything truly earth shattering.

Allen is a natural FS, and as long as Mikell is here, that is where Allen will play. And as Allen gets comfortable at FS, he will be more likely to stay put. Don't expect Allen to stay at SS, though of the players showing up to the OTAs, Allen is the best fit at SS (since all our other FSs are not as good supporting the run and less physical, as well as the only backup SS being Kurt Coleman).

Old 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The safeties are pretty much interchangeable in the eagles defense anyway. Mikell was a FS before he became the starter at SS. Sean Jones was a SS then came here and played FS (not well, but you get my point).
Old 05-10-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
The safeties are pretty much interchangeable in the eagles defense anyway. Mikell was a FS before he became the starter at SS. Sean Jones was a SS then came here and played FS (not well, but you get my point).
I was thinking about saying this as well, and the Safety spots have been very similar in the recent history, however, IDK if that will remain the case in the future. Ideally I think it will, but it isn't always easy to get ahold of two safeties (at one time) who are good in both major facets of a Safety's game.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just throwing this out there...Maybe Jackson takes FS and Allen beats out Mikell at SS. Maybe not but its something you cant discard.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Just throwing this out there...Maybe Jackson takes FS and Allen beats out Mikell at SS. Maybe not but its something you cant discard.
I highly doubt it. Mikell had a down year last year, but he can be an All-Pro SS. I see Mikell as the SS and Allen as the FS by the time the season starts.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

How I see the Roster turning out:

QB: Kolb, Vick, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Bell, Scott
FB: Weaver (!!!)
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
WR: Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Baskett
LT: Peters, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Cole, Jackson
RG: MJG, Andrews
RT: Justice, Tupou

Offense: 25

LE: Graham, Tapp, Parker
UT: Patterson, Laws
NT: Bunkley, Dixon, Owens
RE: Cole, DTN
SLB: Chaney, Hall
MLB: Bradley, Mays
WLB: Sims, Jordan
CB: Samuel, Hobbs, Hanson, Lindley, Harris
FS: Allen, Jackson
SS: Mikell, Coleman

Defense: 25

K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Special Teams: 3

Total 53

I have Sapp and Clayton on the IR, though if Sapp can show promise at SLB, we may see Hall moved to DE. If the team wants Chaney as a backup Mike, we may see Hall starting at SLB and Sapp as the backup SLB.

Also, If Jackson can't play for whatever reason, McGlynn may start at Center and Cole will go to RG

Old 05-10-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Also Thumper, I wouldn't classify Justice as a top 5-10 RT last season. He might be up around 10-12, but there were quite a few RTs who are better than him, and this is coming from a guy who has been pretty much his only supporter throughout the last few years.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
How I see the Roster turning out:

QB: Kolb, Vick, Kafka
RB: McCoy, Bell, Scott
FB: Weaver (!!!)
TE: Celek, Ingram, Harbor
WR: Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Baskett
LT: Peters, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Cole, Jackson
RG: MJG, Andrews
RT: Justice, Tupou

Offense: 25

LE: Graham, Tapp, Parker
UT: Patterson, Laws
NT: Bunkley, Dixon, Owens
RE: Cole, DTN
SLB: Chaney, Hall
MLB: Bradley, Mays
WLB: Sims, Jordan
CB: Samuel, Hobbs, Hanson, Lindley, Harris
FS: Allen, Jackson
SS: Mikell, Coleman

Defense: 25

K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Special Teams: 3

Total 53

I have Sapp and Clayton on the IR, though if Sapp can show promise at SLB, we may see Hall moved to DE. If the team wants Chaney as a backup Mike, we may see Hall starting at SLB and Sapp as the backup SLB.

Also, If Jackson can't play for whatever reason, McGlynn may start at Center and Cole will go to RG
That's a solid roster, but I dunno about the LB's. I seriously doubt that Mays makes it over Gaither. Mays is great on special teams, but that is all he offers. Anyway with the new rules regarding wedges, a classic wedge buster like Mays isn't quite as important. In game situations Mays just simply wasn't good.

Don't forget Gaither beat out Mays last season in training camp and Gaither's pretty good on special teams himself. Although he's like night and day with his consistency, at times he can be pretty damn good, so hopefully he can get it together. And since he's on a one year contract he better.

No Fokou? All the news on him has been very positive about how he's bulked up, he showed physical promise last year, just needs to keep his head on straight. I doubt we dump him.

I bet we IR a bunch of guys given how many rookies we took this year. Keenan Clayton I think is a lock for it, and I agree on Sapp as well.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way we have 5 DT's on our active roster. Owens will probably get IRed or practice squad. I also wouldnt be surprised with Trevor Laws being cut.

I have a slight gripe with 5 defensive ends. DTN is too raw to really see the field. Nice athletic ability, but he will also probably get IR'ed. I could also see Jaqua Parker looking for a job in favor of Victor Abiramiri. Then again, Abiramiri has been too injury prone to warrant a roster spot.

Three tightends seems to be overkill. We dont really used double tight end sets, granted we havent really had two quality TE's before.

I dont believe there would be 10 offensive lineman on our active roster, but maybe.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
No way we have 5 DT's on our active roster. Owens will probably get IRed or practice squad. I also wouldnt be surprised with Trevor Laws being cut.

I have a slight gripe with 5 defensive ends. DTN is too raw to really see the field. Nice athletic ability, but he will also probably get IR'ed. I could also see Jaqua Parker looking for a job in favor of Victor Abiramiri. Then again, Abiramiri has been too injury prone to warrant a roster spot.

Three tightends seems to be overkill. We dont really used double tight end sets, granted we havent really had two quality TE's before.

I dont believe there would be 10 offensive lineman on our active roster, but maybe.
The Eagles typically carry 6 defensive ends so there is absolutely no way they go with 4 of them. Also Abiamiri is likely out for the season after micro-fracture surgery on his knee.

Also the Eagles typically carry three tightends, in 2008 it was LJ Smith, Matt Schoebel and Brent Celek and in 2009 it was Brent Celek, Alex Smith and Martin Rucker on the 53 man roster. The Eagles have always carried three tightends.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a good point with DT's, as many times as we put DE's inside at DT on obvious passing downs we really don't need 5. It makes little sens to get rid of Laws though since we took Owens who isn't much of a penetrator, confusing move by the Eagles drafting Owens rather than a Laws replacement.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
That's a solid roster, but I dunno about the LB's. I seriously doubt that Mays makes it over Gaither. Mays is great on special teams, but that is all he offers. Anyway with the new rules regarding wedges, a classic wedge buster like Mays isn't quite as important. In game situations Mays just simply wasn't good.

Don't forget Gaither beat out Mays last season in training camp and Gaither's pretty good on special teams himself. Although he's like night and day with his consistency, at times he can be pretty damn good, so hopefully he can get it together. And since he's on a one year contract he better.

No Fokou? All the news on him has been very positive about how he's bulked up, he showed physical promise last year, just needs to keep his head on straight. I doubt we dump him.

I bet we IR a bunch of guys given how many rookies we took this year. Keenan Clayton I think is a lock for it, and I agree on Sapp as well.

I'm higher on Mays than most, though it is obvious he will never develop into a starter. I think with his added value on Special teams (and lack of many other special teams players at the LB positions) he has added value. Combine that with his youth, and he has a shot. I could just as easily see Gaither making it though, TBH, or Chaney as the backup and Hall as the starter at SLB with Fokou or Sapp as backup.

It was hard putting him off the roster, but honestly, with what I see in Chaney and Sapp as potential SLBs, and with the competitions at WLB, the only way Fokou makes the team is as backup MIKE. He could do that, but its not a great fit. He is still young enough (within first three years of the entry to the league IIRC) to be IRed, and if he wouldn't make the final roster, he can be IRed. I can also see him making the roster if Hall is switched to DE (which apparently there are some rumblings about). Really, the LB corp is a cluster, and it could go a whole lot of different ways, but I think between this post and the other, I covered the most likely situations.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

I could defintiely see Owens IRed or Sqadded, or released completely. It wouldn't shock me at all, and is a definite possibility. It opens up more possibilities for Hall to make the roster, and would help clear up the LB situation a bit.

I really like DTN, and with him being a third round pick (and not making a position change) he should make the roster and get some PT. He is especially likely to make the roster because Abiamiri is out (for the season, I blieve) because of microfracture surgery to his knee, hence why I have Parker making the team as well. If the team keeps 6 DEs, that means there will only be 4 DTs, and that opens up the chances for Hall or Sapp to make the team as the 6th DE.

Except for last season, the Eagles have had three TEs on the roster every year, and with the guys at TE, they have, they are too good to get rid of. We did see two TE sets on occasion last year, with Alex freakin Smith, so with Ingram and Harbor as potential partners for Celek, I think it is VERY likely they keep those three TEs.

There usually aren't 10 O-linemen on the active roster (which is 45 players, I believe), but the last few years the Eagles have kept 10 O-linemen for their 53 man roster every year. I see this as VERY likely as well.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

More 3-4 talk it seems like every year we hear it and I only remember the Eagles lining up in it once last season too bad Cole jumped offsides.

Also I could see Ricky Sapp being Ired because of the position change assuming he is only used at SAM, other players who could be IRed are Jamar Chaney, and Keenan Clayton who is imo almost guaranteed to be Ired since he was working at the SAM position I think only because of the numbers at WILL. I thought he was a WILL from the second we drafted him converted saftey 6-1 230.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
More 3-4 talk it seems like every year we hear it and I only remember the Eagles lining up in it once last season too bad Cole jumped offsides.

Also I could see Ricky Sapp being Ired because of the position change assuming he is only used at SAM, other players who could be IRed are Jamar Chaney, and Keenan Clayton who is imo almost guaranteed to be Ired since he was working at the SAM position I think only because of the numbers at WILL. I thought he was a WILL from the second we drafted him converted saftey 6-1 230.
Even though we may see more 3-4 alignments, this is still a base 4-3 defense. What really is holding the team back is the prototypical NT as well as the lack of true 3-4 OLBs, as the only player on the team that fits that mold is Rciky Sapp. Cole is a RE through and through, and despite what tohers may say, Graham is the perfect LE, and though he could be a rush LB, its not his best position.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moise Fokou was supposed to be a WILL too and he ended up as the starter at SAM. Granted he's bigger than Clayton, but who says Clayton can't bulk up?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Moise Fokou was supposed to be a WILL too and he ended up as the starter at SAM. Granted he's bigger than Clayton, but who says Clayton can't bulk up?
Im not saying he cant bulk up but he cant do it by the time the regular season starts.

Also on the 3-4 I know the 4-3 is our Base we drafted for the 4-3 but with alot of tweeners on the roster it would be nice to see it on some passing downs even if it causes the other team to call a timeout. There is no way this team with its current personnel could stop anyone in the run game in a 3-4 besides like you said Cole is a 4-3 DE and Graham is better suited to the 4-3.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm higher on Mays than most, though it is obvious he will never develop into a starter. I think with his added value on Special teams (and lack of many other special teams players at the LB positions) he has added value. Combine that with his youth, and he has a shot. I could just as easily see Gaither making it though, TBH, or Chaney as the backup and Hall as the starter at SLB with Fokou or Sapp as backup.

It was hard putting him off the roster, but honestly, with what I see in Chaney and Sapp as potential SLBs, and with the competitions at WLB, the only way Fokou makes the team is as backup MIKE. He could do that, but its not a great fit. He is still young enough (within first three years of the entry to the league IIRC) to be IRed, and if he wouldn't make the final roster, he can be IRed. I can also see him making the roster if Hall is switched to DE (which apparently there are some rumblings about). Really, the LB corp is a cluster, and it could go a whole lot of different ways, but I think between this post and the other, I covered the most likely situations.
Im rooting for Gaither, and not just cause we share the same first name. He has played two linebacker positions and is a valuable young vet, on our D. He has tons of competition with the rookies, and will pushed to the max. Sapp is one I hope gets to see playing time.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Its not just about size. Our LBs, especially WLB and SLB have completely different priorities. Our WLB is required to be rangy and make plays in the passing game, particularly in coverage. You can get by if they don't have top notch run stuffing or blitzing. As for the SLB, ideally, the SLB does have the size, but also has priorities first in stopping the run. Now the Eagles SLB is in coverage more than most defenses, particularly in man coverage (still not frequently), but the first priority of the SLB is to stop the run and in the Eagles defense, coverage and blitzing are the next biggest need.

Though nice to have a WLB who can navigate through traffic and avoid or break free from blockers, it is a necessity to get that out of your SLB. The SLB has to work through trash more, and on some plays, make sure they maintain outside leverage on run plays. WLBs do this too, not nearly as much though. What I'm saying is even if Clayton bulks up (which he could, not too much though), he doesn't have the experience or playing style to be a SLB. We may see him lined up in place of the SLB in nickel situations, but he will never be a full time SLB and would only be in there in obvious passing downs to help in coverage. Eventually, if Clayton is going to stick, it will be once the competition at WLB is figured out and he will be a backup.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Im not saying he cant bulk up but he cant do it by the time the regular season starts.

Also on the 3-4 I know the 4-3 is our Base we drafted for the 4-3 but with alot of tweeners on the roster it would be nice to see it on some passing downs even if it causes the other team to call a timeout. There is no way this team with its current personnel could stop anyone in the run game in a 3-4 besides like you said Cole is a 4-3 DE and Graham is better suited to the 4-3.
There aren't really a lot of Tweeners. Bunk could play nose, but doesn't have the size you want at NT. He is the only DT (besides Dixon) whose playing styles would fit well in the 3-4, but that'd be as DEs. As far as rush backers go, there is Hall potentially, and Sapp potentially, neither of whom would be the best option there. There's Bradley and Jordan/Chaney/Sims who would fight for the other ILB position, but with the lack of true edge rushers and a nose, it wouldn't work. There is only one guy from DL/Rush LBs on our team that could make a transition to a 3-4 and start, and that is Bunk. Dixon, Hall, and Sapp, wouldn't start (shouldn't anyway). The Eagles best defensive players in the front 7 (Bunk, Cole, Graham, Patterson, and Bradley (he could play in the 3-4, as I alluded to) are all perfect fits in the 4-3. But the Eagles defense doesn't have the fits at the most vital positions, DL and OLBs, that make the 3-4 so effective.