Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
...When does training camp start?
July 26th, and goes until August 18th...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I get that a lot, but typically its from women and I see you've discovered why they call me Thumper ;)
Will you let me be your Thumpee?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Ya this is ******* weird... I'm eager to see some pics of the new and improved MJG. I wonder how good he can be now that he won't be sucking wind after every physical exertion...
He had good athletecism at his previous playing weight (364 lbs I believe), and if he lost any considerable weight, that will only help him. He already stand up real well in the run game, if he is down below 350, he should, first of all look like a gazell compared to his former self to me, and also move much better. Just one of the things I'm sure I'll report back on.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how his lost weight will correspond to his strength.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Its something he will noticed himself when he is in the trenches. It will take some minor adjustments, but it will benefit him. Hopefully he has had a solid weightlifting program in the offseason.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It shouldn't affect it that much at all, considering he had a lot of extra bad weight on him, I assume he lost most of his bad weight, and very little muscle mass. Honestly, he probably hasn't lost much strength at all, because of the conditioning and strength training programs that NFL players are under.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Trevard Lindley is going to be a top 5 cornerback in the NFL for the Eagles within 2 years, bet on it.

When we look back on this draft years from now, we will all be saying that Lindley was the biggest steal of the draft.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Trevard Lindley is going to be a top 5 cornerback in the NFL for the Eagles within 2 years, bet on it.

When we look back on this draft years from now, we will all be saying that Lindley was the biggest steal of the draft.
What makes you say that?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Should I just absolutely give up on Jack Ikegwuonu?
I remember almost everyone wanted this dude late in the draft that year, he just never got right after the injury. Reminds me somewhat of Mike Mickens who we picked up late after an injury, both were great prospects before and never the same afterwards. I figured he'd be a steal after a year to rehab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

When we look back on this draft years from now, we will all be saying that Jamar Chaney was the biggest steal of the draft.
Editted for accuracy...

Old 05-22-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You werent to happy with the corners after the draft, what do you see in Lindley?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Lindley has the potential to be a good player. He was a stud his junior year and his play dropped off a lot last year due to injury, but he has shut down WRs such as AJ Green, Percy Harvin and Julio Jones in his career. I think saying he will be a top 5 CB is a pretty big stretch but I definitely think he could be a solid start one day at least.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I do think Lindley has the potential to be a good player. He was a stud his junior year and his play dropped off a lot last year due to injury, but he has shut down WRs such as AJ Green, Percy Harvin and Julio Jones in his career. I think saying he will be a top 5 CB is a pretty big stretch but I definitely think he could be a solid start one day at least.
This is how I feel, pretty much, he doesn't have any true special traits as a playmaker, and doesn't have the lockdown ability to make him anywhere near a top 5 CB, but he COULD develop into a good, not great, CB IMO.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
This is how I feel, pretty much, he doesn't have any true special traits as a playmaker, and doesn't have the lockdown ability to make him anywhere near a top 5 CB, but he COULD develop into a good, not great, CB IMO.
Thats still incredible value for a 4th round pick though.

I loved the pick, for a 4th rounder you had nothing to lose with selecting him.

I don't think he'll be a top 5 guy, he's just too small, but I do love the value and think he can be a solid pro in a year or 2.

That secondary is still very shakey though.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5'11 is not small, and I think he'll get to 190-200 lbs.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats still incredible value for a 4th round pick though.

I loved the pick, for a 4th rounder you had nothing to lose with selecting him.

I don't think he'll be a top 5 guy, he's just too small, but I do love the value and think he can be a solid pro in a year or 2.

That secondary is still very shakey though.
The value is good, and even though I was never a huge Lindley fan, I realize the value is good, but the fit really isn't great, IMO, and he doesn't have the playmaking ability to compensate for it like Asante to make him a very good-great CB in the Eagles defense. If he can stay healthy, get stronger, and learn the playbook, he has a good shot because the talent is there.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
5'11 is not small, and I think he'll get to 190-200 lbs.
5'11" isn't small, and his height is actually ideal for the defense, but I think BBD means he is too small to be a top 5 CB. If that is the case, I agree with him, because he doesn't have the elite talent to make up for his lack of elite measurables.

And BBD, if the secondary works out as I think it will, the only question mark will be the RCB position.

I see it eventually working out as
LCB: Samuel
RCB: Hanson
FS: Allen
SS: Mikell
Nickel: Harris
Dime: Hobbs

If it works out that way (or with Nickel/Dime reversed) that isn't too bad, and only leaves one major hole (and a minor one if Hobbs is the Nickel) in the secondary. Of course it isn't ideal, and I see Allen going through growing pains like every rookie Safety, but overall that group seems pretty good with only one major gap, if it works out like I expect.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is still not back to being a starter in the NFL.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports, "Being a competitor you always want to start," Vick said Monday, his first day participating with rookies and selected veterans during organized team activities. "I know in my future that's there for me. I'll be a starter in this league again. Right now I'm just having fun honing my skills.

"You're going to have an opportunity to be a starter. And I'll say, 'OK, I'm going to go back to the drawing board and work on a lot of things that I didn't have a chance to work on because I was forced into action so fast.' I have to work on those things and when I get back to doing them I'm going to be dangerous. That's all I can say -- I'll be dangerous."

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Vick was, and still is, always dangerous simply because of his cannon for an arm and running ability. I'm actually anxious to see how he progresses, as it will give us a clue as to how his future will pan out in the near future. I don't ever expect him to evolve into a true superstar, and honestly, I can't see him being anything better than what he was, but I can see him becoming the same calibur type QB if all things work out for him.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Word is out of the OTAs that he is looking as fast as ever.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-27-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we'll find ways to use Vick this season more than last year.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Hopefully we'll find ways to use Vick this season more than last year.
Half the battle last year was him being able to get back into the flow of the game and making his reads. He was even having struggles reading the DE on option plays, so the problem wasn't all finding ways to use him, but moreso finding ways to use him that he (and the offense and coaching staff) were comfortable with him doing.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing great things about Brandon Graham from camp, he is apparantly looking like a beast (If Cowboys fans can do it, I can do it too). Of course remember he is abusing back-ups but still. Also I think his short arms are overplayed, his arms are the same length as those of Dwight Freeney, Trent Cole, Osi Umenyiora, Derrick Burgess, Elvis Dumervil, Robert Mathis and LaMarr Woodley. They certainly haven't been held back by arm length as combined, those players with 32" arms have notched 340 sacks.

Also Matt Mosley said Kolb has 'body language' issues, not the Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb issues where they seemed too nonchalant and like they didn't care. According to reporters and other bystanders, Kolb often slaps himself on the helmet or slaps his hands in disgust when he misses a throw. Ummm... Thats a little weird, he might be too fiery right now.

Gary Cobb commented on Mike Kafka saying "Mike Kafka has been the most pleasant surprise of the camp in the way he has run the offense. He was ahead of schedule in getting the ball out of his hands, throwing the ball accurately, reading the defensive coverages and taking charge when he’s running the offense. His staying out and throwing after practice shows you that he knows how serious he is about preparing to play." And there is a nice article on Kafka done by the Inquirer. In the article they say:

Quote:
"The thing that I love is his attention to detail. As a great quarterback, you have to have that. And he's hard on himself. He's self-motivated," Kolb said. "When he gets asked a question, he doesn't have an excuse. He says, 'I missed it. It's my fault,' and you can see the next time he doesn't miss it. A lot of guys aren't like that."
Quote:
"He's got good size [6-foot-3, 225 pounds], he's real athletic, sure throws the ball well," Mornhinweg said. "I think he's got some natural instincts, some gut instincts, and he's real sharp."
Quote:
For at least the second straight day, Kafka and Hall, a wide receiver out of Air Force, stayed after practice to work on passing and receiving amid summerlike heat.
I'm a Kafka fan right now, I liked the pick right away and I like it more today, he seems like a tough, smart, hard working, mature and mentally tough QB. Hopefully the Eagles can pull a Matt Schaub deal one day in exchange for him.

Also in GCobb's post he notes how Trevard Lindley, Keenan Clayton and Jamar Chaney have been impressing at camp. Lindley has made nice plays on some of the young receivers. Clayton has shown coverage abilities that the Eagles need out of him and Chaney looks quick in coverage as well and has apparantly become a leader in the huddle. I'm liking these picks right now. GCobb also notes how Nate Allen is clearly intelligent and understands the game, but he is still getting comfortable and isn't moving as fast as he eventually will, I know that a few days back Nate Allen looked really good but he is still feeling things out and Gcobb said he has been in position to make plays in the secondary often.

Right now based off of whats coming out of camp I'd say that Graham, Allen, Lindley, Kafka, Clayton and Chaney are the most impressive while DTN, Ricky Sapp and Clay Harbor are struggling. Meanwhile Kurt Coleman can't be at the camps, Charles Scott is tough to evaluate because he is a better live game guy and the same story goes for Jeff Owens. Also reports have said that Riley Cooper looks solid, he needs to polish up but reports are saying he has good hands, is good at coming back to the QB and that he squares off at the end of his curl and hook routes in order to give his quarterback a good target
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick 2011 draft question. Lets say Quintin Mikell doesn't play well again this year, the Eagles let him leave through free agency and in the 2011 draft the Eagles are on the clock and Aaron Williams, Mark Barron and Brendan Harris are on the board, who would you take? The physically impressive Williams who is well rounded, explosive, long athletic who is the ideal corner prospect? Mark Barron the skilled strong safety with NFL caliber coaching, strong run instincts, great coverage ability and Adrian Wilson type upside? Or Brendan Harris, the shorter corner who was shut down at the college level, is great in man coverage and is a corner in the mold of Revis and Jonathan Joseph?
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Not surprised to hear good things about Graham or Kafka, especially Graham. I too loved the Kafka pick and being able to pick up aspects of the offense this quick is a good sign, that honestly, I expected. Not surprised Chaney is getting good reviews, he can truly do it all. He can honestly play either LB position, as his set of skills covers everything needed. Good to hear Lindley and Clayton are also looking good. I'm not surprised DTN or Sapp are struggling now, as DTN seems like a guy that lacks the intelligence to pick things up right away, but expect him to pick things up gradually, and by TC, his mistakes should be minimal. Sapp is undergoing a position change, if he would be struggling, I'd be surprised (and excited). A little surprised to see Harbor struggling, he comes accross as intelligent, and has the tools to work with, but he is coming from a lower level program, so some of the reasons behind his struggles could be the adjustment, and I've even heard him say that the game, even in practice, is much faster.

As far as the Mikell situation goes, its tough to know how that will play out, but if he were gone, I'd still want the Eagles to look CB first, as the draft next year looks to have some potentially elite CBs, and you can get good value at the safety positions in the mid-later rounds. CB is just too big of a need to definitively say anything other than the position should be the first selection at this point.