Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously the loss of Bradley doesn't really concern you guys now but could you tell me a bit about him, i'm hearing he could realistically play all 4 spots in a 3-4 that sound right?

He chose the #97 so I'm assuming OLB

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a complete beast in 2008 as the MLB in the #3 defense in the NFL that year. He was basically an excellent run-stopper with great blitzing capability and average to above-average range in coverage. He showed flashes of All-Pro capability that year.

The caveat is that he is all that but only when he is healthy. In 2009 he tore his ACL before the season started and missed the entire year, and then came back in 2010 but wasn't nearly as effective. However, ACL injuries often take more than a year to recover from, so perhaps you guys will get lucky and 2008 Bradley will come back in 2011. If not, you have 2010 Bradley: an injury-prone MLB with slightly above-average run-stopping ability but poor speed and inability to cover.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown. Hatechu.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also. Ryan Harris. Hatechu. He's a hell of a player. I always thought he and Clady would grow old in Denver, with Clady anchoring the LT and Harris the right. After all, Harris was at one point our second best lineman. The guy is just below pro-bowl caliber when healthy, and I truly believe that if he were on a bigger market team like Dallas, he would be a multi-time pro-bowler by now. Great signing, sad to see him go. I hope Orlando Franklin can fill the void harris left, but it will be tough to do.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall, a solid first game. The lack of cohesion showed a little bit in the first quarter, but the gap in overall team talent showed itself almost the instant Stephen Jackson finished his one and only run. (Had he been able to play the whole game, we may have seen a much closer game, at least up until the Bradford injury). What I find encouraging is the offense put up 24 points without even playing anywhere near its best football. I'll also include as encouraging, the O-line. I realize the Rams don't have a defense known for putting pressure on the QB, but there were quite a few plays where Vick had a perfectly clean pocket to work with, and if the O-line unit can stay together for a good part of the season, will only improve as they get more comfortable with eachother.

The defense, outside of the first run to Stephen Jackson,and the second drive by the Rams, looked very good against a solid Rams offense, even without Jackson. I am a little concerned about Matthews, he is a liability out there, I'm just hoping one of his mistakes doesn't cost the Eagles a game or two. Babin showed why he was brought in with two sacks, and the rest of our DL got pressure as well, totalling 5 sacks and at least 12 pressures by my count. Both our young kickers did a solid job as well, I wouldn't say they did a great job by any means, but they didn't make any mistakes that would cost the team a close game. I would like to see Henery get more elevation in his kickoffs though, a talented return man will be able to take one of those low liners back all the way. Once he gets more air under his kickoffs, we could continually see opposing offenses starting inside the 20, because our coverage team looks very good from what I've seen so far.

Very happy with the game though, it could have been a tightly contested game, but the defense showed glimpses and the offense showed bits of why we know this is a playoff caliber team. Seeing the stat about Shady and Vick both running for 100 yards (then in being taken away by the kneeldowns) got me thinking. This offense has the potential, when it is at its best, to have a game with two 100 yard rushers and receivers each, and I haven't looked it up yet, but I'm pretty sure that has never happened before. I'm excited for the Atlanta game, they will be a much better test and a better barometer to see where the Eagles stand in the NFL.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was happy with the game overall. I will start with what I liked.

Herremans was comfortable at RT and didn't look out of place there. Will be a great stop gap till Justice is ready no need to rush him back.

Page is one of the best unmentioned signings we had. Allen isnt clearly ready to go needs another season and will be a good stop gap there.

The entire defensive line in pass situations. Home games for the Eagles they may flirt with double digit sacks. Pressure everywhere and was nonstop.

Mccoy can boast all he wants. Coming into his prime although would like to see a bit more Brown and Lewis so we dont wear Shady out

Now the bad

Linebackers as a whole against the run. I think Foku had a worse game then Matthews although neither was good . Cheney wasn't great either but they will get better, they got better as the game went on. Matthews and Foku both need to move around the blockers were able to key up on them and lock them down. Although all looked pretty good in coverage we will need more then that.

Devan was the weak link on the OL 2 killer penalties hopefully he cleans it up or Watkins gets up to speed soon.

Vick is getting better at reading blitzes but still needs to improve there. He will see even more pressure against the Giants, Cowboys and other teams.

Overall a win is a win and one on the road first game. Wasn't perfect but didn't expect it to be. big test coming up and will see how they get through a very mad Atlanta team. They will need to play better next week then today to win that game.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very happy with the win, and can't wait to see what this team looks like once we start gelling.

The offense is the real deal, but the offensive line is a legitimate concern. While there were plays where the blitz was picked up well, Vick was running for his life back there much of the game. Devan's gotta go hopefully Watkins will be ready to go soon, there was definitely some promise to be seen in him during the preseason.

As for defense, even once Jackson was out we were still getting gashed in the run game. If St. Louis hadn't have abandoned the run so early I believe this would have been a much closer game. None of the linebackers were particularly impressive, and Casey Matthews needs to step up, his name can only keep him as a starter for so long. We were also the beneficiaries of countless drops by Rams receivers.

Next week we are going to need to really elevate our game (mainly on defense), to beat the Falcons because I know they are pissed after getting their ass handed to them by the Bears.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long till we get a new mike backer? I give it till the bye week.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...I have no words for yesterday, seems we've become accustomed to shooting ourselves in the foot..mistakes happen..but we really should be 4-0 right now -_-
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talking about this in the NFL thread right now about what would happen if Reid were to get fired. Bill Cowher is the obvious guy everyone is going to mention, hes a defensive minded guy who loves to bring pressure but would he go to the 3-4? would he change the offense to a pound it mentality that they always had in Pitt? I would love the hire...

...the guy that I think would be PERFECT however would be Brian Billick if he wanted the job. Got west coast roots and he is an offensive minded coach, but he knows where his success as a coach came in Baltimore. He was very very successful in building that defense, he has the offense to work with in Philly....if he could start working on that defense and get a coordinator he likes....i would love that hire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just don't take Rob Ryan from us after the season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just don't take Rob Ryan from us after the season.
If hes a capable head coach! Id consider him ;)

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team just seems snakebitten..I don't see what else there is lol..it's just one of those years..for all the sloppy play and mistakes we've made, we've been in every loss till the very end save for the Giants game..and it's like Lady Luck just finds yet another way to smack us down when we need it most haha..

That being said..not that I'm seriously still looking at the playoffs as a possibility, but the given that NY and Dallas can't get their acts together, we lose next week and it's likely the year for us..probably just wishful thinking though -_-
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys could get any HC you wanted running to take this job. The offense has all the pieces, and Kafka should be a decent guy to develop whether Reid stays or not. I would still want to bring in an offensive minded HC but I think you've got to get a DC committed to turning things around, no matter what the scheme is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think you guys could get any HC you wanted running to take this job. The offense has all the pieces, and Kafka should be a decent guy to develop whether Reid stays or not. I would still want to bring in an offensive minded HC but I think you've got to get a DC committed to turning things around, no matter what the scheme is.
Idk if Kafka is the the QB of the future. I could see them within the next couple years taking a QB if they get the chance at a guy they like. I wouldnt mind them takin a chance on a guy like Barkley or RG3 this year but I highly doubt they will be available for us....who knows though with the pace we are on.

However, Im still pretty set on my choice. I think Billick would be perfect. Offensive coach, with the history of having great defensive teams. Sounds like a solid fit to me?

Quote:
Old 10-13-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious if anyone knows...

Does Mike Vick's new extension have a (typical) way to terminate his contract without paying out the guaranteed money if he's cut before next season? I know most players do (Peyton Manning's deal does, for example. So does every pick in the draft).
Old 10-13-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just curious if anyone knows...

Does Mike Vick's new extension have a (typical) way to terminate his contract without paying out the guaranteed money if he's cut before next season? I know most players do (Peyton Manning's deal does, for example. So does every pick in the draft).
He has outs in his contract where they wont have to give him all the guaranteed money. They dont have to release him before next season, they can do it a couple years down the line as well.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

I think the silence here says it all about this season lol..but wondering...does anyone think Reid's actually gonna be fired at the end of the season? Think it's almost safe to say the playoffs are out of reach now..but who knows..but I don't think he should get the axe if we do miss..too many pieces trying to fit together in one year, especially with the lockout...among other things.

I feel like he should get one more season to try and straighten things out, as much as he's done here..but you know Philly fans, people have been calling for his head for years for less..so maybe the pressure becomes too much. It'd be a terrible mistake to me, but I'm just a regular guy so :D
Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Harmonykor
Rookie

Harmonykor hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think they should definately fire Andy Reid after the season. You dont bench a star player like Desean Jackson for missing a meeting.
Harmonykor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Huh? No, you do do something like that..rules are rules, regardless of the situation you have to enforce them, and from what I understand it was two meetings, one he was late the other he didn't show for I think. You can't circumvent team rules because your team's hurting..most all other teams likely would've done the same thing.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see people posting on here. Sadly one reason i do not post alot on the main forums and this one is that some of our fellow fans who will remain nameless are the biggest trolls on the forums.

The players understand the team rules, the rules about meetings are team rules it doesn't matter if its Desean or Trevor Laws it applies the same and I don't think Reid took one ounce of joy in doing that to his team to make a point. This isn't Shananhan we are talking about here.

I think Reid needs one more year to right the ship and as much as i like Castillo we need to get a tried and true defensive coordinator. I would prefer someone that uses alot of man. We have tons of new starters and the team is struggling to gel during a rough season. The talent is here but this was the wrong season to be this aggressive and change things up this much.

What makes this season hard is minus the arizona game (( total disgust to this point i didnt want to go to the bar and watch)) and half of the Washington game due to issues, I have watched every snap this year. The team is loaded and talented in alot of spots. But they shoot themselves in the foot play after play. totally inept in the red zone and just boneheaded play is killing this team.

The other thing that kills the Eagles is sadly our receivers. Both Desean and Maclin are speed guys and it takes them a while to get open. A big physical player is what this team need. Help move the ball and someone they can trust to run slant routes and fades in the end zone. I dont want to see Desean go but getting a big WR in the draft and there is plenty I can see justifying spending a first on. And if we keep playing like we are Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffery are in reach with 2 early seconds to address the Linebackers or possibly a big DT. Plus probably could get alot for a sign and trade. Just something to think about.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was giving Reid the benefit of doubt, but now my man has to go. This ship is sinking and sinking fast. And lock out is not an excuse of putting a poor product out there when other team are doing well. Offensive side didn't change much this offense should still be the same as last year, even better. But it is not, its just horrid except for Shady. Opting for smaller linemen instead of the usual big guys has proven to be a liability in our division. This is not Payton Manning standing back there, or a zone running system.

49ers had huge changes, look at them now. Eagles had no changes in offense. There are plenty of teams doing good.

Lack of drafting big Lbs has hurt, and not keeping some of your guys that your drafted. Bradley, Mikel, has come back to hurt them.

Defense, I don't know wtf Castillo is doing. Start of season it took him to long to realize that wide 9 was not right on every down. Still can't get Nnamdi to match up on the best WR. Putting rookie safety, that is not know for his coverage on Fitz, WTF? Lot of the defensive players seem lost out there, even with short TC/Offseason, now way veteran players can't figure out a defense. We've seen mid-season defensive player trades, and were able to figure out the defense in 2-3 weeks.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I am torn on Reid. I love the guy and what he has done for this franchise, I think he is one of the best coaches in the league, but idk if we are at that point like the Broncos were with Shanahan and we just need to change up scenery. I do know one thing and that is Castillo having to leave. I like some of his ideas but he just isnt cutting it. I like the Wide 9 idea with the players we have and our D Ends, but the guy runs way too many zone defenses and that is just plain dumb considering the corners we have. They are all lockdown man corners.

We need to draft a ******* stud linebacker. I know that it has never been our style but we need a difference maker. Something we havent had since Trotter back in the day. I am so in love with Kuechly as a prospect and think he would be perfect. Burfict has the upside but will he be able to stay disciplined? Te'o has been up and down this year so who knows, tons of upside. Kuechly isnt the flashiest player, he isnt the biggest, but the guy knows how to play some football and he has lead the nation in tackles the last two years. We need a guy with a nose for the ball and thats what he is.

If Reid does get bounced who are your favorite targets?

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

If Reid gets fired this is my top 5

5. Dirk Koetter he is a good offensive coordinator in a bad spot. Yes this is kinda a homer pick as I went to the same high school and college as him ((although 20 years later lol))

4. Jon Gruden I think Philly is one of the few places that could lure him out of retirement. You can tell he likes the city and with what toys he would have to work with would make it a very tempting offer

3. Brian Billick I think would be great. a smart offensive mind that would make sure he brings in a good defensive mind to run things and if he can win a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer then he may be able to help Vick get over that last hurdle.

2. Mike Zimmer Why this guy isnt a head coach already is beyond me. Great mind and even though he is a hardass players love playing for him. Its my realistic number one as the one i have at number one i think wont leave where he is now.....

1 Kirk Ferentz I think he would make a great head coach and I know year after year he get offers to coach but never takes them. He resigned I think back in 08 through 2015 but would be worth the try.

Others I wouldn't mind Joe Philbin, Rob Chudzinski or Bill Cowher
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
1 Kirk Ferentz I think he would make a great head coach and I know year after year he get offers to coach but never takes them. He resigned I think back in 08 through 2015 but would be worth the try.

Others I wouldn't mind Joe Philbin, Rob Chudzinski or Bill Cowher
Ive always loved Ferentz, but idk if his style would work with the guys we got right now. Iowa has notoriously been a pound it down your throat running team while the guys we have right now are much more finesse. We would really have to change directions.

Quote: