Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa runs a zone blocking scheme as is. I think that he would be able to work wonders with who we have up front. Iowa runs a pro style offense which is run heavy but by no means is it a road grater mauler run game. The run alot of the same strech plays that several coaches like Shanahans and others run. He is a perfect fit IMHO we need a coach that is willing to take the ball out of Vicks hand a bit more and feed shady even more.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Iowa runs a zone blocking scheme as is. I think that he would be able to work wonders with who we have up front. Iowa runs a pro style offense which is run heavy but by no means is it a road grater mauler run game. The run alot of the same strech plays that several coaches like Shanahans and others run. He is a perfect fit IMHO we need a coach that is willing to take the ball out of Vicks hand a bit more and feed shady even more.
Theres no reason to try and make Shady anything more than he is right now though. As of right now I would put him as the 2nd best back in football right now behind Peterson. McCoy is similar to Faulk back in the day, Shady needs to be involved in the pass game just as much as the run game.

I have no problem with Ferentz being the guy, but I dont want to run Shady into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you on that maybe if Lewis blossoms or we get another back to carry some of the load. I think overall the running backs should get more touches. I am not saying that we should be a 60% plus run team but closer to 50 50 would be nice. I mean yes i love the quick strike ability of this team but I would rather have Vick only put the ball up 25-30 times a game not a ton more.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is that?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

inactive list
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Theres no reason to try and make Shady anything more than he is right now though. As of right now I would put him as the 2nd best back in football right now behind Peterson. McCoy is similar to Faulk back in the day, Shady needs to be involved in the pass game just as much as the run game.

I have no problem with Ferentz being the guy, but I dont want to run Shady into the ground.
It might be a little early to be comparing McCoy to Faulk; I see the where your going, but he just isnt to that level yet.

Even if you compare Shady's body of work to Faulk's first three year is the league there is a pretty noticible difference:

McCoy- 3,834 yards per scrimmage, 2736 rushing at 5.0 ypc, 1098 receiving 21 combine TDs.

Faulk- 4372 yards per scrimmage, 2947 rushing at 3.9 ypc, 1425 receiving, 33 combine TDs.

At this point I wouldn't even crown him the second best running back in the league with so many young talented rushers.

Ray Rice has amassed 5,076 yards per scrimmage, 3281 rushing and 1,795 receiving and 24 TD's during that period. Matt Forte has 4,407 all purpose 2924 rushing, 1483 receiving and 17 TD. Steven Jackson has 4248-3408-809-15. Frank Gore 3,841-2882-959-23td. Each have statistically been better since Shady has entered the league with far less weaponry surrounding them, which isnt a slight on his skills. He is by far the most explosive back on the RB's listed and it can be argued that Andy Reid has never been a run first play caller, but lanes do widen when there is a need to contain Vick.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 11-27-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasnt talking stat wise, I think the way they play is very similar.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going on record that firing Reid seems like a terrible idea to me.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Andy Reid will have to fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo in order to stay on as Eagles head coach.

The rumor in Philly is that Steve Spagnuolo will replace Castillo, allowing Reid to hang on for at least one more season. Many Eagles fans want Reid gone, but it would be in the organization's best interests to keep most of the offensive staff because of the monetary commitment to Michael Vick. Castillo has been an utter flop in his transition from O-Line coach to D-Coordinator. He has not showed an ability to maximize his personnel, often playing "man" corners like Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in zone coverage.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Dec 4 - 11:08 AM
Ive mentioned ideas of getting a new coach, but that has always just been due to wanting a better defense. I have never had a problem with our offense and think that Reid and Marty can stay as long as they want.

However, a guy like Spags coming in to coach the defense would make my my dreams come true. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all on board for Spags. Sadly, I think this mean an end to the impact that Jason Babin is having because I'm not so sure he can hold up without the wide-9.

I was kind of hoping for a defensive coordinator that would bring along a 34, but that would be a change that would take years to develop and we're not quite on a 5 year plan.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I'm all on board for Spags. Sadly, I think this mean an end to the impact that Jason Babin is having because I'm not so sure he can hold up without the wide-9.

I was kind of hoping for a defensive coordinator that would bring along a 34, but that would be a change that would take years to develop and we're not quite on a 5 year plan.
Yeah, the 3-4 would be a little too much of a project. We dont have the type of guys for a 3-4 defensive line. I dont doubt that Babin and Cole and even Graham would be able to play the OLB position but the linebackers suck as well

Babin will be fine as long as Washburn is there, he has always seemed to get the best of him.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently if the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys all finish at 8-8 the Eagles win the division. Get lively Iggles fans!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But in order for that to happen, the Eagles need to, first, beat both the Cowboys and Skins, second, have the Giants lose next week to the Jets, and then third, have the Giants beat the Cowboys week 17. If the Giants lose to the Jets, I doubt they'll be able to come back and beat Dallas. I'm a little excited of the idea of this team theoretically getting hot (and staying hot) and making a run through the playoffs, but realistically I can't see it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
But in order for that to happen, the Eagles need to, first, beat both the Cowboys and Skins, second, have the Giants lose next week to the Jets, and then third, have the Giants beat the Cowboys week 17. If the Giants lose to the Jets, I doubt they'll be able to come back and beat Dallas. I'm a little excited of the idea of this team theoretically getting hot (and staying hot) and making a run through the playoffs, but realistically I can't see it.
All 3 of these teams are the definitions of Jekyll and hyde...I wouldnt be surprised with anything that happens at this point.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles are the same way too, lol, I'm just hoping they show up and kick some ass in Dallas, and keep hopes alive.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
The Eagles are the same way too, lol, I'm just hoping they show up and kick some ass in Dallas, and keep hopes alive.
I sure hope we do. If we win, and the Giants lose...gonna make for a very entertaining week 17.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I sure hope we do. If we win, and the Giants lose...gonna make for a very entertaining week 17.
I have a feeling the Giants lose this week (going out on a limb, I know). Something tells me the Jets are going to be more pissed off, and, well, the Giants are going to be the Giants.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Also, I'm facebook friends with Jason Kelce, be jealous...

Old 12-25-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, so much for the playoffs...but sweeping the Cowboys (Romo or not) is definitely a high point for me..shame it took so long for us to get things together though
Old 12-25-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

No playoffs but with the way we have closed I have no doubt that Reid will be back. I think we fire Castillo and throw the bank at Spags to make sure he is the next DC in Philly.

Make sure we draft an impact linebacker in the first, and address the D-Line and maybe a safety in the 2nd. We have a full off-season to work with this year, we gotta make it count. Get everyone on the same page and hit the ground running next year.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No playoffs but with the way we have closed I have no doubt that Reid will be back. I think we fire Castillo and throw the bank at Spags to make sure he is the next DC in Philly.

Make sure we draft an impact linebacker in the first, and address the D-Line and maybe a safety in the 2nd. We have a full off-season to work with this year, we gotta make it count. Get everyone on the same page and hit the ground running next year.
Sadly, I don't see it happening. If Spags does get fired, maybe, just maybe, the Eagles bring in Spags as DC, but demote Castillo to defensive assistant or something along those lines. That'd be alright with me.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets axed. Castillo has been a roller-coaster ride, but so far we're 8th in total defense and 1st in sacks. Sure we could use our personal better, but that will come with more experience.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Sadly, I don't see it happening. If Spags does get fired, maybe, just maybe, the Eagles bring in Spags as DC, but demote Castillo to defensive assistant or something along those lines. That'd be alright with me.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets axed. Castillo has been a roller-coaster ride, but so far we're 8th in total defense and 1st in sacks. Sure we could use our personal better, but that will come with more experience.
Demote Castillo, no reason to get rid of him, he's a great motivator, and a really hard worker. We threw him into a position that he has little experience or experitse in. Demote him and let him focus on something smaller than running a full defense. Spags would be an ideal addition, but that might be a pipe dream at this point.

With where we are drafting it seems impossible to get him unless we trade up, but my man crush on Vontaze Burfict is growing. I want an aggressive downhill LB to lay the wood and he is an absolute beast.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Demote Castillo, no reason to get rid of him, he's a great motivator, and a really hard worker. We threw him into a position that he has little experience or experitse in. Demote him and let him focus on something smaller than running a full defense. Spags would be an ideal addition, but that might be a pipe dream at this point.

With where we are drafting it seems impossible to get him unless we trade up, but my man crush on Vontaze Burfict is growing. I want an aggressive downhill LB to lay the wood and he is an absolute beast.
Im starting to get off the Burfict hype train, I would much rather have a guy like Kuechly who I know is going to be a tackle machine and isnt gonna be a walking 15 yard penalty.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2011, 01:43 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im starting to get off the Burfict hype train, I would much rather have a guy like Kuechly who I know is going to be a tackle machine and isnt gonna be a walking 15 yard penalty.
He does get out of control, but to be honest, his nasty on-field personality is one of the things I like that he would bring to the defense. Will he be able to totally put his over-aggression problems behind him in the NFL? Probably not, but it's not going to be an every other play kind of thing either. He'll learn to operate in the NFL system, whether it's cutting that sort of thing out, or just getting better at not getting caught. That can be worked on to some degree.

He isn't a total thug off the field who's behavior outside of football will get him suspended. That's a problem that is harder to remedy.

Kuechly is a good player in his own right, but he will never be the player Burfict has the potential to be given he doesn't totally blow it, which for reasons stated above, I don't think he will. Anyway, Kuechly wouldn't even be close to the same league as Burfict as an enforcer against the run in our defense. Burfict blows up holes, taking blockers with him as he finds his way to the ball carrier. Kuechly is instinctive and a rangy player, but I seriously doubt his ability to plug the middle if we continue to use our defensive line in a wide-9 formation. If that changes it is a whole different ball game, but if the philosophy for our defense doesn't undergo profound changes, especially on the defensive line, I think Burfict would be perfect in the middle.