Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really want to draft a qb in the draft this year, I would like for Omar Jacobs to get his shot for 3rd backup.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:32 AM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
I don't really want to draft a qb in the draft this year, I would like for Omar Jacobs to get his shot for 3rd backup.
same here...i want to give omar a shot
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Tra Thomas isn't a free agent. I have no idea why everyone is under the impression that he is every single offseason. It's annoying as hell. He's 31, OTs last long, even though he has injury concerns. Out of the tackles, Runyan is the problem, not Tra.
Ooops, I don't know why I had him in there, I was going off of this list. I just checked the NFLPA site and it confirms he is signed through 2008. Is it possible he exercised some kind of option clause to get out of his contract similar to Dawkins' previous deal?

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think william thomas deserves some more love from us, he has been a great player forever and if anybody else notices he is the one yelling inside the huddle of the big circle around the eagle, i wouldn't mind omar jacobs getting a shot but there was a reason he was cut and a FA for so long

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17
I think william thomas deserves some more love from us, he has been a great player forever and if anybody else notices he is the one yelling inside the huddle of the big circle around the eagle, i wouldn't mind omar jacobs getting a shot but there was a reason he was cut and a FA for so long
Because he's young and raw, a huge project. That and the fact that the Steelers had no need for him. I was huge on Omar in college, he just made a huge mistake coming out early. He needs time to learn and develop, and he's the perfect QB of the future for us. It's really not THAT urgent.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am fine with having Jacobs on our roster on the practice squad. Send him to NFL Europe to get more experience and do some more scouting. Give him game reps for a few years. He might be better than other QB's that we could take. He has the size and skills to be a pretty good player in this league. I'm all for stockpiling young talent. Reid and his coaches have proven that they can develop hardworking young players into good NFL talent (McNabb, Westbrook, Corey Simon, Reggie Brown, LJ Smith, Trent Cole, Mike Patterson, Trotter, Lito, Sheldon, Andrews, Sam Rayburn, Derrick Burgess, Hank Fraley, Doug Breznezski, Jamaal Jackson, etc.). Reid is a QB guru, and he can make these guys better. I agree that Jacobs is a project, but he's a small investment that could pay large returns.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that William Thomas has been a great Eagle, and he deserves our respect. He has never been the best LT in the league, but he has been well above average, and has had pro bowl seasons. There have been few injuries, and he's been durable. Thomas has never held out on his contract, and he just comes to work and does his job. I don't recall many games where he was dominated. He is a great Eagle, and he is entitled to our respect.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-04-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any realistic expectations for tonight's game?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Any realistic expectations for tonight's game?
The score will indicate a closer game then it really was. I say 28-20 Carolina. Foster and Williams wont have great days but will get the yards when needed.

Omar Gaither is starting at WLB today, not Matt McCoy, per CSN. I dont see this as a knock against McCoy, they know the season is over, they're trying to get the young players to test the waters early..

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
I expect an ugly game. I figure the Eagles will come out and use LJ Smith a lot to loosen up the inside of the field, then they'll try to run screens away from Peppers, that may or may not work. The key will be the Eagles stopping the run. If they can do that, then they have a chance to make the Panthers 1 dimensional and can double Smith. It's all about stopping the run, doubling Smith, and pressuring Delhomme. I think the offense can score 17-24 points. If the defense shows up, that point total could win it.
I think Philly's biggest weapon is Westbook. If he get can past the DL he should be able to gain some decent yardage against their LBs. Those little outlet passes he gets will help him too... he wouldn't even have to face a lineman... just beat the OLB and he's in the secondary easily.

What's your scoring prediction on the game?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I think Philly's biggest weapon is Westbook. If he get can past the DL he should be able to gain some decent yardage against their LBs. Those little outlet passes he gets will help him too... he wouldn't even have to face a lineman... just beat the OLB and he's in the secondary easily.

Lol, tisk tisk D-Unit, youre trying to get insider info so you know who to bet on, lol.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

D-Unit, let's just say I wouldn't put any money on this game because both teams are easily capable of crapping the bed. I can't even predict a score because both offenses are inconsistent at best. My recommendation is to not bet on this one.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:

Lol, tisk tisk D-Unit, youre trying to get insider info so you know who to bet on, lol.
That's no secret. I'm down BIG! Can't think on my own anymore.

What do you think BBD? I need your expertise kind sir.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Walker will get less snaps and Bunkley will play a lot more. Finally.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm telling you D, this is not a game to bet on. I'm a gambler, but I only take games where I think I can win. I'm not about to make a big money play on a game with few certainties.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm telling you D, this is not a game to bet on. I'm a gambler, but I only take games where I think I can win. I'm not about to make a big money play on a game with few certainties.
I'm not gonna bust the bank on this game, but I do want to catch up some.

High scoring or low scoring?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Bsaza, I don't know if you wanna touch this game. The Panthers are such an up and down team...which one shows up?

My brain tells me the Eagles cover. Theyre at home, they have a RB who can slice up Carolina, they have a defense that can pressure Dellhomme into stupid decisions, and they don't have to worry much about the run game. Also, they all of a sudden have playoff life, which will give them a spark.

But my heart says, whats the chances that the Panthers blow 2 games in a row? They had their letdown game last week, they should come out stronger this week, and John Fox always had Reid's number. They also have the secondary to take out Philly's WRs, and a front 4 that can pressure a backup qb into dumb decisions.

I hate to give you an answer, because if Im wrong i feel partially responsible for you losing out on some dough, but if you really want to know who Id go with, scroll down. If not, exit the page.

Carolina, they'll make less mistakes and win an ugly game. I can see a push though.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Bsaza, I don't know if you wanna touch this game. The Panthers are such an up and down team...which one shows up?

My brain tells me the Eagles cover. Theyre at home, they have a RB who can slice up Carolina, they have a defense that can pressure Dellhomme into stupid decisions, and they don't have to worry much about the run game. Also, they all of a sudden have playoff life, which will give them a spark.

But my heart says, whats the chances that the Panthers blow 2 games in a row? They had their letdown game last week, they should come out stronger this week, and John Fox always had Reid's number. They also have the secondary to take out Philly's WRs, and a front 4 that can pressure a backup qb into dumb decisions.

I hate to give you an answer, because if Im wrong i feel partially responsible for you losing out on some dough, but if you really want to know who Id go with, scroll down. If not, exit the page.

Carolina, they'll make less mistakes and win an ugly game. I can see a push though.
That was a good caution! Made me smile... I actually thought about not looking, but that only lasted .25 seconds long. haha.

I might go crazy on this one... Philly at the Half getting 2 points, Carolina game giving 3 and taking the Under 37. 3 bets.... nothing back breaking, but could help.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Apparently, Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy, is taking the Panthers (-3) and the under (37) as a parlay. Not the worst move in the world, but I can't trust either team to be consistent enough to make this happen. If you're gonna bet this, at least take a parlay and a high risk/reward to compensate yourself. I'd consider putting $20 on that parlay if I wasn't an Eagles or Panthers fan...

Old 12-04-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Apparently, Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy, is taking the Panthers (-3) and the under (37) as a parlay. Not the worst move in the world, but I can't trust either team to be consistent enough to make this happen. If you're gonna bet this, at least take a parlay and a high risk/reward to compensate yourself. I'd consider putting $20 on that parlay if I wasn't an Eagles or Panthers fan...
Thats a good idea. This game is so hard to bet on, if youre gonna do it, thats the right way to do it. This is what I consider a game that you don't touch unless your life depends on it. Its just way too hard to pick.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gaithers starting for mccoy tonight annd bunkley to get some pt as well
Old 12-04-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The House I go through doesn't have parlay and minimum bets are $100. Juice is 20%.

Funny that his calls are what I just told you guys I was going on. Kinda reinforcing I guess.... but is this guy any good? I haven't heard of him.

Any good sites out there? I usually just go to www.covers.com.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

how you feel about the game so far? i think gaither is doing a find job at LB, lj droppin too many passes, garcia sucks, our def has stepped up but let up some big passin plays...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
how you feel about the game so far? i think gaither is doing a find job at LB, lj droppin too many passes, garcia sucks, our def has stepped up but let up some big passin plays...
Our defense is looking a lot better out there. We're still letting in too many big plays and letting penalties kill us when it counts but we look pretty good. Gaither is looking good out there. Sheldon's been a bit inconsistent but Lito's been good. I am pissed at Delhomme and his damn intentional grounding passes when he's about to get sacked. I want our players to get credit for those sacks! It would be nice if they gave the defensive player the sack in that situation. I'm mad mainly because it would put Dawkins closer to the 20 20 club if he got that sack.