Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
its also obvious that he is going to put up Mario type #'s for his career.
Right there buddy, and you started out using HOF criteria, and now you are saying you don't value it at all. I'm talking about McNabb's HOF chances, I don't know what you are talking about if you do in fact have a point.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Right there buddy, and you started out using HOF criteria, and now you are saying you don't value it at all. I'm talking about McNabb's HOF chances, I don't know what you are talking about if you do in fact have a point.
I meant to say not... thats the misunderstanding. However, His #'s are better than most Hall of Famers. Including Elways, which i clearly proved above.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb right now is guaranteed entry into the Eagles ring of honor, and he'll probably have #5 retired. I assume the Eagles will retire #5 and #20 for Dawkins. Both have a shot at the HOF, but I think Dawkins has a better chance right now. Dawkins was the best safety in the league or was in the argument for the past 8 years or so. McNabb has always been a little behind Brady and Manning, who are both HOF locks right now. As I said, he will need another 4 years of injury-free excellent work AT LEAST to have a chance. If he gets a ring, it will help tremendously. I say that because the HOF voters look at numbers and rings.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he does need to stay healthy and keep his stats rolling. The ring thing is needed as well.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A ring helps him a lot because McNabb is not an all-time great QB. He's a great QB, but not legendary. If he puts up 4 more years of 5000+/30+ with a QB rating in the 90's or better and wins a ring, it'd be hard to keep Donnie out.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
A ring helps him a lot because McNabb is not an all-time great QB. He's a great QB, but not legendary. If he puts up 4 more years of 5000+/30+ with a QB rating in the 90's or better and wins a ring, it'd be hard to keep Donnie out.
The thing is when he is on the field he does play like a "legend" as i pointed out the #'s show it. The ring is obviously what is needed to make him a legend, however, I dont think it has anything to do with an individual player being great, it has to do with being on great teams. So when McNabb is on the field he prefomes as good as almost any QB to ever play the game. He makes big plays, he doesnt throw picks, he plays great QB period. Look at the #'s for half those legends, they are doo doo they get ridiculous hype because they played for a squad that won the superbowl. (although McNabb cant hold a candle to Peyton, who btw is the greatest QB to ever play)
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

McNabb's tendencies are to put up great #'s and help his team win games, but his legacy is tarnished by the playoff losses (specifically the 2 home NFCC losses) and the injuries. He needs to rebuild his reputation with more solid, healthy seasons before he can make the HOF.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Black Majic

HOF talk can come when he retires. Lets worry about this year. Kevin Curtis better be the equivalant of a healthy Stallworth. Somewhere i read that a GM or coach said a running quarterback will never win a championship. While i dont think thats true, who is considered a running quarterback? Mcnabb doesnt anymore. Was Steve Young labeled a running Q? Elway?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majic View Post
HOF talk can come when he retires. Lets worry about this year. Kevin Curtis better be the equivalant of a healthy Stallworth. Somewhere i read that a GM or coach said a running quarterback will never win a championship. While i dont think thats true, who is considered a running quarterback? Mcnabb doesnt anymore. Was Steve Young labeled a running Q? Elway?
McNabb at this point... and hell for the past 4 or 5 years is no more of a Running QB than Young or Elway, Whomever that GM is he must be refering to pure running QB's... like Randell in philly, Vick, and right now Vince Young. Kevin Curtis will be good and Stallworth did well but was somewhat overrated the teams offense was just as good without him.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb needs to start scrambl'n for yard again, but just at the right times like Elway and Steve Young, both can run out of the pockets when ever they wanted to but waited for the right times thats wat Nabb needs to start doin
Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bhaa, I don't think McNabb is physically able to run around like he used to. He has also convinced himself that he shouldn't be running around like that. His numbers and the overall offensive performance has been much more efficient when he's in the pocket making reads. With the hernia + the ACL injury, we're not going to see the same D-Mac in 2007.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
bhaa, I don't think McNabb is physically able to run around like he used to. He has also convinced himself that he shouldn't be running around like that. His numbers and the overall offensive performance has been much more efficient when he's in the pocket making reads. With the hernia + the ACL injury, we're not going to see the same D-Mac in 2007.
He has the ability to run when he can. Back in his first 3 or so years he used to run alot, now he has the offensive parts around him that 1) he isnt forced to run to win games, and 2) he is great at making big plays with his arm. What McNabb does best is staying alive by rolling out or shaking people in the backfield and launching it down field or finding an open man somewhere random, that is what make McNabb great. The Dallas 14 second play is an extreme example, but how many times have you seen a DE grab McNabb just to get shook and McNabb find someone 25 yards downfield? TONs thats why McNabb is a special player.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Nah im saying when he runs he shouodl run like young and Elway do it at the right moments and get a chunk of yards or to keep the drive alive and somehow turn it into that amazing play everyone remebers

But yeah scrambling in the pocket is a great talent of Nabbs he does great at getting second chances
Old 05-24-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Nah im saying when he runs he shouodl run like young and Elway do it at the right moments and get a chunk of yards or to keep the drive alive and somehow turn it into that amazing play everyone remebers

But yeah scrambling in the pocket is a great talent of Nabbs he does great at getting second chances
Isnt that what he does?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

not really i havent really seen him do it that much maybe a few games but i wanna see those Elway runs with the Helicopter
Old 05-24-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
not really i havent really seen him do it that much maybe a few games but i wanna see those Elway runs with the Helicopter
Well i dont know, i think that honestly you have this rememberance for Elway... thus far in his career McNabb basically has better #'s across the board both rushing and passing. 26 yards per game rushing, 24 TD's in 104 games. Elway 14 yards per game, 33 TD's in 234 games. Elway had 135 TD's in his first 8 seasons(116games). McNabb has 152 in his first 8 (104 games). Elway also had 128 INT's... McNabb.... 72... i mean anybody trying to be realistic about these comparisions have to come to the conclusion that McNabb has been a better(significantly) player than Elway over their first 8 seasons. Also remember over his first 8 it wasnt like Elway won any superbowls, they both have been very successful as far as wins are concerned. I know everyone has reverance for hall of famers.... but McNabb on the field is under all reasonable considerations better. Also McNabb does have a legendary playoff victory under his belt, the 4th and 26 game is going to be on ESPN classic for years.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Like the Helicopter
Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think about the signings of Bradley and Hunt? Do you think the fact that the contracts are maxed out in terms of years means that Hunt and Bradley are what the team expected and more? Or do you think it was more of a reward for signing early?
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am guessing that they did well in the minicamps and the Eagles like to sign their players for long term deals. I don't think signing early had anything to do with it

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah i think they know they are getting good players and want to lock them up, also this way they wont become restricted free agents if they end up becoming good.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you can have good young players on the cheap for 4 years, why not do it? These guys know that if they perform well, it's possible that they will get extensions and more money by Year 3 or so. I think it's just smart cap management by the Eagles.

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 05-25-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you can have good young players on the cheap for 4 years, why not do it? These guys know that if they perform well, it's possible that they will get extensions and more money by Year 3 or so. I think it's just smart cap management by the Eagles.
Good point, we can easily afford to do it. If they do turn out to be amazing, we've got a few extra years if we don't renegotiate that we can hold onto them for cheap.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Not only can the Eagles hold them, they can even tender them on the cheap for a 5th year to keep other teams away. There's little logic in signing picks to 3 year deals.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Black Majic

I think its just important that we dont have any holdouts. Also Four year contracts dont neccessarily mean we'll see them for that long.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Gaddis to the list. :)

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=70008