Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
What do yall think about J.J Outlaw
One of the quickest players I've ever seen. Extremely quick in and out of his cuts. Probably wont do anything.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
What do yall think about J.J Outlaw
One of the quickest players I've ever seen. Extremely quick in and out of his cuts. Probably wont do anything.
What did you see him on mnf? I dident even know who the #@4% he was untill then
Old 12-09-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Um...he doesn't play for the Eagles right now and sure as hell didn't play on MNF.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-10-2006, 11:41 AM    (permalink
utfootball1

the eagles need to find a way 2 pick up briggs in the offseason, hes nasty and a free agent, and that would help ensure LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson or Micheal Griffin
Old 12-10-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys, hopefully you make the playoffs over the Giants. Garcia has been great.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea i agree about garcia, btw on mnf whoever was there, were u booing garcia or the jumbo-tron screen, I was booing the jumbo-tron screen

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Eagles were pretty well coached today. I think the defense carried the day for the team with the bend, but don't break approach. I would've liked to see better run D, but I was very happy with the overall results. Sacks at key spots and 2 big INT's that led to 14 points. The team let up 1 huge play (the TD to Randle-El), and Betts gashed us a ton for 180 yards. If you look at the stats, it looks like the Eagles snuck by. They were dominated in the run game, time of possession, yards, etc. However, the Redskins had many penalties (8) and 2 INT's that led to TD's.

My game ball goes to Dawk, who was a beast and was all over the field. He was dominant. Kudos also to Michael Lewis, who had the INT for a TD, but was also very stout against the run when he was in.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was happy to see them be able to grind the last 5 minutes or so once they got the ball back after the redskins made it 21-19, even if it was not a traditional grind, they were still able to close the game out without giving the redskins another shot.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question. How do you guys feel about a possible playoff spot for your team?

Without McNabb I don't know if you guys can pull anything off in the playoffs, so how do you guys feel about the current situation?

It always stinks to root against your team, but do you guys feel that winning at this point will hurt your draft positioning, or do you view it as a chance of something special? Afterall, the NFC is ridiculously weak this year, so who knows what can happen.

Either way, its gonna be a hard hitting game on Sunday. Giants/Eagles always is. Especially with Philly looking for revenge from the last game.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I see it, any positive momentum and lack of injury going forward is a good thing. The team itself is very young and talented. The draft has some good players at their positions of need, so I think the rebuilding can continue there. The team remains in good cap shape. I say, if you can go forward and make the playoffs under these circumstances, it will be great for the city and the team. I never root against the team at any point. Period.

As for Sunday, it will be a hard hitting game. The Eagles are going to have some trouble with Barber and Jacobs. I immediately concede 150 rush yards and time of possession to them. However, their CB situation is better, so I think the Giants pass game will be harder to come by than last time. The Eagles are going to have to move the ball by throwing against the weak links in the secondary, using LJ Smith, and grinding it out. They need to execute and score points. It will be quite the chess match. I think the Eagles believe they can win, and they have swagger. This is a dangerous game for the Giants.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-11-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
The way I see it, any positive momentum and lack of injury going forward is a good thing. The team itself is very young and talented. The draft has some good players at their positions of need, so I think the rebuilding can continue there. The team remains in good cap shape. I say, if you can go forward and make the playoffs under these circumstances, it will be great for the city and the team. I never root against the team at any point. Period.

As for Sunday, it will be a hard hitting game. The Eagles are going to have some trouble with Barber and Jacobs. I immediately concede 150 rush yards and time of possession to them. However, their CB situation is better, so I think the Giants pass game will be harder to come by than last time. The Eagles are going to have to move the ball by throwing against the weak links in the secondary, using LJ Smith, and grinding it out. They need to execute and score points. It will be quite the chess match. I think the Eagles believe they can win, and they have swagger. This is a dangerous game for the Giants.
I agree. Don't cede the run game so quickly though. The Eagles are very familiar with us, so running the ball, or doing anything for that matter, becomes alot more difficult when the other team can predict what youre gonna do and knows your tendencies.

I think you can take advantage of our pass coverage with LJ. Use Stallworth on the deepball, but you gotta time it right. Save him in your back pocket for just the right time, then unleash a deep one to him when the time is right.

We will have a harder time scoring on you guys, I can see this game being very close. And you have a big advantage coaching wise. Reid will definately outcoach Coughlin. Its gonna be a tough game.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk
I was happy to see them be able to grind the last 5 minutes or so once they got the ball back after the redskins made it 21-19, even if it was not a traditional grind, they were still able to close the game out without giving the redskins another shot.
QFT.

That was what I was most impressed with yesterday, they were able to keep the ball for the remainder of the game. They need to have more drives like that late in games with the lead.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far I have been very impressed with Omar Gaither, moreso than McCoy, Omar is good at shedding blocks and is better against the run. It should be a good battle in TC next offseason to see who starts assuming we don't move Gaither to SLB which would be an interesting idea.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gaither has really stepped it up and I will ike to see the postition battle between him and mccoy come training camp. I actually have a good feeling about the playoffs this year, i am not really afraid of @NY and @Dallas because we're traditionaly a great away team so with this weak NFC you just have to be optimistic about the playoffs :D

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Garcia can keep up his play of not turning the ball over and making enough plays I think we have a shot to get in to the playoff and do something if we get there. There is no doubt that from a team morale standpoint making the playoffs without McNabb would be huge, especially towards next year when we have McNabb back. The NFC is so up and down, you never know, if we get into the playoffs anyone has a chance.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

Let me get this straight, after our win and Dallas's loss this past week we are basically in the driver's seat for the NFCE Title due to the fact that we beat Dallas already once correct? If you had told me that the day after we lost to Tennessee and Dallas beat Indy I would have said you were crazy. 8)

Sig by Kramer
Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Absolutely incorrect. The Eagles and Giants are both a game back of Dallas in the NFC East. However, both teams have 3-1 records in divisional play. If the Falcons beat Dallas and the Eagles beat NY, the Eagles will be in first and will have the tiebreaker over both teams going into Week 16, which will be @ Dallas. The division is not locked up, but Dallas can clinch the title by winning out. A lot will be determined this weekend.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Predictions for the game at all? I see a low-ish scoring game in the 24 point range for the winner. I think with Strahan out, the Eagles can do a little more. I think the team can score, but they need to get the D off the field early and take a lead. This will be a hard fought game. I expect Reid to outcoach Coughlin, and I don't foresee the team collapsing in the 4th quarter again. Jacobs and Barber will run over us a lot, but I think the secondary is better equipped to help.

Prediction: Eagles 23, Giants 17 in a nailbiter. Homer call, and I won't bet it. I just like the way our guys are playing.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our momentum going into this game, and despite their win against Carolina last week, you gotta like the way the Giants have been playing lately if you're an Eagle fan. I still think the game is going to be extremely close.

Obviously, I love what I see out of Garcia. He's not putting up spectacular numbers and making huge plays like McNabb does, but he's not turning the ball over. That's all I can really ask for out of my backup quarterback. He's done a fantastic job to this point, but I'm not going to be overly optimistic. However, I do like his chances against the Giants.

For whoever asked about rooting against the Eagles since our chances aren't good..Never in a million years. Do we have a chance against teams like SD, Baltimore, Indy or New England? Not a chance in hell...But the benefit of being in the NFC is that we don't have to face a team like that until the Superbowl. And if we were to make it there, I would hope that a veteran QB surrounded with great weapons combinded with a solid defense would be enough to push us through. Of course with a little bit of heart and luck on the side.

There's no pressure, that's the thing. We're just enjoying the ride right now and seeing how far we can make it. We're not going to be expected to win much, so it's not like we can say we'd be disappointed if we didn't do such and such. Just gotta sit back and hope for the best.

The linebacker situation..Gotta love Gaither. Of course he could just be playing off of a high right now, but I'll take it. I don't think McCoy will even factor much into the competition next year, but instead serve as a reserve/special teams player.

On the other side, Dhani Jones should be gone next year. He's underachived and we'd benefit greatly salary cap wise should we get rid of him. The main reason I'm so strongly against a first round LB for the Eagles this year is because Chris Gocong and Omar Gaither would be slated as the starters at outside linebacker, and you just don't add another rookie LB to that duo, especially in a defense that takes so long to learn. A solid free agent pickup to replace Dhani Jones would be ideal. Then, you play Gaither and Gocong on the other side.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't like Garcia. He's too small and has to run out of the pocket to have a quality long pass, well a consistant one. I like Feeley alot more and think he should be the starter. He also has done very well with us in the past.

Stallworth still hasn't been re-signed and I'm not to high on him, he makes nice plays like last week and with D-Mac but I don't like his overall consistancy. He's only shown up for a small percent of the plays. Some games he disappreas, others he's the MVP. If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant
Old 12-15-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
Absolutely incorrect. The Eagles and Giants are both a game back of Dallas in the NFC East. However, both teams have 3-1 records in divisional play. If the Falcons beat Dallas and the Eagles beat NY, the Eagles will be in first and will have the tiebreaker over both teams going into Week 16, which will be @ Dallas. The division is not locked up, but Dallas can clinch the title by winning out. A lot will be determined this weekend.
I was just saying if we win out then we win the division, we wouldn't need any outside help.

Sig by Kramer
Old 12-15-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
I still don't like Garcia. He's too small and has to run out of the pocket to have a quality long pass, well a consistant one. I like Feeley alot more and think he should be the starter. He also has done very well with us in the past.

Stallworth still hasn't been re-signed and I'm not to high on him, he makes nice plays like last week and with D-Mac but I don't like his overall consistancy. He's only shown up for a small percent of the plays. Some games he disappreas, others he's the MVP. If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant
Only problem I have is the injuries..I haven't seen him really screw up on the field to this point. He doesn't put up consistant numbers because he's not always targeted..
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's doing pretty well right now though, obviously he's not ideal, but he's just our backup. He's been playing better than expected lately, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If he's horrible against the Giants then sure pull him, but he deserves the Eagles fans support, during the Panthers game when the fans booed him after getting up after Jenkins landed on him was just classless and embarassing for the fans a whole.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant
.....No. He'll be signed long before the Eagles have a chance to draft a good WR, and then they'll be forced to.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-16-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
If we get a good chnace to draft a good WR, then Donte goodbye but if not he may be our only hope for a good WR next year (starting) If he gets consistant
.....No. He'll be signed long before the Eagles have a chance to draft a good WR, and then they'll be forced to.
We have a few needs, but WR is not one of them. Those games that he "disappeared" in were mainly because he was slow coming off his injuries. We have a lot of young and talented receivers and it would be a horrible decision to draft a top prospect WR in the first round because the pick could be much better spent on a safety or linebacker.