Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. You guys really took it to the cowboys. Glad to see jeff garcia doing well.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing. What a long, up and down season. I remember even WITH McNabb we weren't supposed to beat IND/CAR/WAS/NYG/DAL/ATL..And we're not looking half bad down the stretch with Garcia

I'm optimistic about next week. We own Vick. Gotta keep my head on straight though. But wouldn't it be amazing for us to finish with the same record as the Saints? Who would have thought it 5-6 weeks ago?
Old 12-26-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can u please beat the Falcons for us?

Thank u,
Rams fans
Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am back from a weekend trip, and WHAT A GAME!!!! The D is playing well against both the run and the pass, pressuring the QB, and covering everyone. I'm not sure what has happened, but Jim Johnson has rediscovered the magic, and the team is responding. Garcia and Dawkins are leading this team very well right now. I like the way we're going. They have that "lightning in a bottle" kind of feel right now. Not trying to get too excited, but I think the Eagles are peaking at the right time. It feels a lot like 2001, but the offense has more talent.

Thoughts on the possibilities?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garcia said it himself, this team isn't stopping 'til we get to Miami, and I have a lot of trust in Garcia right now.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on the team gelling behind Garcia and how it will affect next season? A bunch of my local friends (Skins fans) thought that maybe it would affect the team when McNabb comes back...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-27-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The thing that really sticks out now is that when McNabb played, the majority of the skill position players didn't try their hardest and just waited for McNabb to make a big play.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Green Kool Aid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that the skill guys don't count on McNabb to throw a good pass. He's not good at checkdowns and isn't a West coast QB. He's definitely mis-used.

Plus, he was aked to do too much. Having a potent running game helps.

Anyone else thinking about the draft?
My thoughts:
1. Landry
2. Griffin
3. Willis
4. Ginn Jr. (a long shot)

Free Agency:
1. Adalius Thomas OR 2. Lance Briggs
3. Daniel Graham (1 good week does NOT make Schobel good)
Green Kool Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

My draft rankings would be...

Laron Landry
Reggie Nelson
Patrick Willis
Michael Griffin
Darrelle Revis

If they're all gone, I have no idea. Eagles need players on defense.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-28-2006, 01:30 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The free agents I want the most are:
Ken Hamlin- we need a playmaking safety who can cover
Adalius Thomas- I see no way that he gets out of Baltimore, but he is probably the most versatile defensive player in the NFL.
Lance Briggs- It would be cool to get Briggs, we could either play him at WLB or we could move him to SLB kind of like DJ Williams so he could replace Dhani Jones and we could keep either McCoy or Gaither at WLB.

As for the Falcons game, as long as we don't beat ourselves by doing stupid stuff like when we played the Bucs we should get the W.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:38 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
The free agents I want the most are:
Ken Hamlin- we need a playmaking safety who can cover
Adalius Thomas- I see no way that he gets out of Baltimore, but he is probably the most versatile defensive player in the NFL.
Lance Briggs- It would be cool to get Briggs, we could either play him at WLB or we could move him to SLB kind of like DJ Williams so he could replace Dhani Jones and we could keep either McCoy or Gaither at WLB.

As for the Falcons game, as long as we don't beat ourselves by doing stupid stuff like when we played the Bucs we should get the W.
I'd rather draft a safety in the first. Hamlin isn't a SS (unless he has experience there that I don't know of) and doesn't work as a future replacement at FS.

Adalius Thomas reminds me of Trent Cole to tell you the truth. I think we already have a cheaper, younger Adalius Thomas on the team.

Briggs is supposedly a product of the system which is something that worries me..I think he's got bust written all over him.

Honestly if we dont get Thomas or Briggs I'm not sure who we'd take, but I dont know if either is a real great fit.

London Fletcher maybe? Landon Johnson? Cato June?
Old 12-28-2006, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Briggs is a product of a system, eh? Well, that system is designed and run by Ron Rivera, a former top defensive assistant and LB coach for the Eagles. The Rivera D is a hybrid of JJ's pressure and Lovie Smith's Tampa 2. The adjustment would be necessary, but there would also be some things that transfer over. Either way, the money necessary to get Briggs wouldn't be worth it, IMO.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Eagles don't necessarily need any FA LB's at this point. McCoy isn't as bad as he's played this season, and Dhani and Gaither have played really well in the last few weeks against both the run and the pass. With Chris Gocong due back next season, a major FA LB signing is not what the Eagles need. They also can take a look at Derrick Roper or draft someone like Patrick Willis early. Why spend all that cap money on FA LB's, when they have to lock up Stallworth and LJ and look into extending Trotter's contract?

Old 12-28-2006, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

We can all put together a wish list of the Eagles needs at this point, but there's no guarantee any of it will come true. This draft is talented and deep at several positions, including S, DE, LB, QB, and WR. Right now, the Eagles won't draft before #21. That's a lot of players to go through before they pick. I'm anticipating at least 1 playoff win, so that puts them drafting in the 24-28 range, worst case...

Old 12-28-2006, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358
The Eagles don't necessarily need any FA LB's at this point. McCoy isn't as bad as he's played this season, and Dhani and Gaither have played really well in the last few weeks against both the run and the pass. With Chris Gocong due back next season, a major FA LB signing is not what the Eagles need. They also can take a look at Derrick Roper or draft someone like Patrick Willis early. Why spend all that cap money on FA LB's, when they have to lock up Stallworth and LJ and look into extending Trotter's contract?
Because the Eagles are rollin' in dough! They have no shortage of cap space, especially if they let Kearse go, which is a strong possibility.

McCoy stinks. Look how much better the D is playing with Gaither at WLB. That's an entire portion of the field they don't have to worry about. Just imagine if we had a good player on the other side (AHEM Thomas or Briggs)! The offense is fine. They will resign Stallworth and Garcia, Bolster the D!

De-Fense! De-Fense! De-Fense!

And please don't sell me Roper or Gocong, or any other bargain bin player. Gocong needs to go back to being an edge rusher, which is his strength. That way we can bolster the DEs at the same time.

Adalius Thomas is nothing like Trent Cole because Cole can't play corner. Thomas is a playmaker, just like Briggs is. And if Briggs is a system guy, then this is definitely the right system.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Green Kool Aid
Rookie

When talking about McCoy, just remeber that little ol' Zach Thomas is the exception, not the rule. McCoy is a special teamer, and nickel/dime LB. I can't tell you how many times I saw him being dragged down on a play.

I think that Eagles fans have just gotten too used to mediocre role players, and have forgotten what it's like to have playmakers.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe
I'd rather draft a safety in the first. Hamlin isn't a SS (unless he has experience there that I don't know of) and doesn't work as a future replacement at FS.

Adalius Thomas reminds me of Trent Cole to tell you the truth. I think we already have a cheaper, younger Adalius Thomas on the team.

Briggs is supposedly a product of the system which is something that worries me..I think he's got bust written all over him.

Honestly if we dont get Thomas or Briggs I'm not sure who we'd take, but I dont know if either is a real great fit.

London Fletcher maybe? Landon Johnson? Cato June?
Hamlin could play both.

Adalius Thomas is 5x better than Trent Cole. I have no problem admitting that. Could you imagine how awesome this defense could be with a STUD at SLB? It's just a shame that he's already 30.

Since when is Briggs a product of the system? It seems like you just made that up.

Fletcher probably won't leave Buffalo. Johnson isn't even worth mentioning. People think McCoy is a bad WLB? Imagine June in a 4-3.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They do need to extend Donte', I agree. Not sure about L.J, and definitely not Trotter. He signed a 5 year deal 2 years ago I believe? He'd either have 2 or 3 years left after this year, and he's definitely been declining.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-28-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Kool Aid
McCoy stinks. Look how much better the D is playing with Gaither at WLB. That's an entire portion of the field they don't have to worry about. Just imagine if we had a good player on the other side (AHEM Thomas or Briggs)! The offense is fine. They will resign Stallworth and Garcia, Bolster the D!
McCoy doesn't stink, although as of now I'd definitely take Gaither over him. Gaither is a lot stronger.

Remember, even though McCoy can't get off blocks, that's why he is a WLB. Just like the majority of WLBs in the NFL.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-28-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When talking about McCoy, just remeber that little ol' Zach Thomas is the exception, not the rule. McCoy is a special teamer, and nickel/dime LB. I can't tell you how many times I saw him being dragged down on a play.

I think that Eagles fans have just gotten too used to mediocre role players, and have forgotten what it's like to have playmakers.
Agreed, he definitely needs to get stronger. I think he'll be pretty useful as a STer and a pass down LB...there's nothing wrong with that. You could do far worse with a late 2nd rounder. Him and Gaither is a good nickel LB pair.

People haven't been fair about McCoy. He's made his share of plays this year. About 6 or 7 TFL and 3 FF. He doesn't dominate, but he can make plays.

Just be thankful Keith Adams isn't on the team anymore. He made ZERO plays last year. Not one PD, TFL, INT, FF, or FR.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-28-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:
They do need to extend Donte', I agree. Not sure about L.J, and definitely not Trotter. He signed a 5 year deal 2 years ago I believe? He'd either have 2 or 3 years left after this year, and he's definitely been declining.
Trotter signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago. I agree he's been declining, but they have to look at some sort of cap-saving move. The deal is not really friendly in that last year. Maybe a 1 year extension or something like that.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Quote:

Agreed, he definitely needs to get stronger. I think he'll be pretty useful as a STer and a pass down LB...there's nothing wrong with that. You could do far worse with a late 2nd rounder. Him and Gaither is a good nickel LB pair.

People haven't been fair about McCoy. He's made his share of plays this year. About 6 or 7 TFL and 3 FF. He doesn't dominate, but he can make plays.

Just be thankful Keith Adams isn't on the team anymore. He made ZERO plays last year. Not one PD, TFL, INT, FF, or FR.
I think McCoy is probably not good enough to start in this league, but he has time to get stronger and make a difference. I agree that he made some plays this season, but he needs to bulk up and work on his technique. I think he'll make great strides in the offseason, especially now that Gaither has essentially stolen his job.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Trotter signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago. I agree he's been declining, but they have to look at some sort of cap-saving move. The deal is not really friendly in that last year. Maybe a 1 year extension or something like that.
I was about 99% sure it was a 5 year deal, I looked it up.

Link

None of the salaries are too high. I don't think an extension is in order.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Fair enough. I recall something completely different. Thanks for setting it straight.

Regardless, this draft is the time where the Eagles find the Trotter replacement. They can't have a situation like 2005, when Trotter was the only MLB we had.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Agreed. That's why I'm all about Willis this year. Him and Gocong fight for SLB time this year, and whatever player wins that, the other is the future at MLB.

I think Gocong could be a very good 4-3 MLB too. I'd just be worried about having him play 3 different positions in 3 years.

Thanks to jkpigskin