Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Don't forget the Supplemental Draft

There's still a chance at some interesting guys.

On July 13th there is a supplemental NFL Draft. Held for Guys that didn't declare in time for the original draft, but their NFL Eligibility is there, and they have bad Grades or have been dismissed (Ahmad Brooks, UVA last Supp draft for Cincy).

So far.. the only guy thats for sure entering, that I've found is..

Chris Patrick, LT, Nebraska. - "Chris Patrick is headed for the NFL supplemental draft in July, costing the Nebraska offense the left tackle who started 12 games last season. It leaves junior-to-be Lydon Murtha as the No. 1 left tackle heading into spring practice. Patrick goes into the supplemental draft because underclassmen needed to declare for the NFL draft by Jan. 15. The 6-foot-4, 290-pounder from Ithaca, Mich., said Friday he would start working out individually for teams under his agent's guidance in Connecticut. Speculation had swirled recently about Patrick's status with NU. As of Tuesday night, Bill Callahan confirmed he was still with the team, but wouldn't say if Patrick would go through spring practice. Patrick declined specifics, commenting only that he had reached a decision best for his family. "Coach Callahan and coach (Dennis) Wagner and everybody there has been really supportive," he said. "I wasn't driven out at all. I'm just excited about moving on." NFL teams are not required to use picks in the supplemental draft. If their "bid" for a player is successful, they forfeit a pick in the equivalent round in the following year's main draft." - Rich Kaipust, Omaha World Herald

He's 6'4 290 lbs, runs a supposed 5.02 40'.

However there is speculation 2 big names could enter.

Paul Oliver, CB, Georgia... My #1 rated corner for 2008 could come into the Supplemental Draft.

Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland .. Not my #1 OT next year(As he has 2 years eligibility left), he's a monster at 6'9, 332lbs. He may be declared Academically ineligible for next season, and he was supposedly weighing interest for the 2007 Draft, but decided not to. As it stands right now, he's not practicing with the team and is not listed on their active roster.

I might look at Gaither if we are certain about getting rid of Starks next year.. though, his weight seems to be an issue.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah ill let u know about gaither and if he passes his finals

right now its up in the air though
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oliver Entered!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2873910

Old 05-18-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about Gaither? He is whom I really wanna see the fins snag

But Oliver, I would pop a 3rd on him easily and slide him into the nickel spot
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do we need to give up to pick in the supplemental draft?

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
What about Gaither? He is whom I really wanna see the fins snag

But Oliver, I would pop a 3rd on him easily and slide him into the nickel spot
I would probably cream my pants if we got either one of those guys. I would easily give a 2nd rounder for either one of them. Oliver has the potential to be a shut down corner in the league, and Gaither could end up being Marcus McNeill-esque. They better make a bid for Oliver after not drafting any DB's at all!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
what do we need to give up to pick in the supplemental draft?
To draft someone in the 2007 Supplemental draft, we'd have to "Forfeit" a 2008 draft pick.

If we take Jared Gaither in round 3 of the Supp Draft... we won't have a 2008 3rd round pick. Like Cincy didn't have a 3rd round pick this past draft (Ahmad Brooks).

Old 05-18-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i don't know about you guys but i would be willing to give up a second and considering we will have the 32nd pick, probably a first for Gaither. what about you guys??

Gaither is a huge motherfuck and has only gotten better with Marylands strength and conditioning program is like a solid brick wall.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
so i don't know about you guys but i would be willing to give up a second and considering we will have the 32nd pick, probably a first for Gaither. what about you guys??

Gaither is a huge motherfuck and has only gotten better with Marylands strength and conditioning program is like a solid brick wall.
I'd give up a 3rd at best. Because your gambling with picks that you don't know who will be there. Who knows, the next Greg Lloyd or Hines Ward could have been around at our 1st/2nd rounder that draft.

I agree we need a Tackle, but right now I don't think we have any room on the OL...

You have This:

Smith - Faneca - Mahan - Kemoeatu - Starks
Essex - Colon - Okobi - Stephenson - Colon
Capizzi - ## - Phillip - Simmons - Capizzi
## - ## - Stapleton - ## - ##

Our depth is weak at LG. Red is guys with Contracts expiring after this season (2007), Blue are guys with contracts expiring after the following season (2008).

I like Gaither, but again, I'm not sold on him. He's played 1.5 seasons in college, you can make a "Thats all that Timmons had" argument, I'd have to agree.

Though, I think Gaither has the LT potential, but my hunch isn't enough IMO to justify using a 2008 pick to grab a guy thats solely potential, especially when you look the depth of talent next year.

If we could grab him (Bearing his entrance to the Supp Draft), for a 3rd. I would do it.

Then I would do this, I'd trade Faneca to Houston. I'd take Jason Babin and Travis Johnson and a 3rd.

Babin was drafted for ROLB. Timmons is supposedly to be the future at Mack LB. Therefore we can drop Kreidwaldt, Travis Johnson could take Kirschke/Eason off the roster. He's fast and he's a solid pass rusher as well. Then the 3rd for Gaither if avail.

Gaither would move Colon to Backup LG. While he backs up Starks for a season.

Then draft in 2008:

1) Barry Richardson, LT, Clemson.

Another mammoth LT. Both Gaither and Richardson(4 year Varsity Letterman/Starter at LT). Have potential at LT. Who ever can mirror the RDE's better takes LT, whoever can't, takes RT.

2) Chris Ellis, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech

Ellis could be another Merriman. Ellis has his size, strength and he made waves his Soph season beating D'Brickashaw Ferguson. He's got the speed, just need's 3-4 OLB coaching.

3*Hou*) Kirk Elder, LG, Texas A&M

Elder is an athletic and powerful guard. I think Colon has the LG spot locked down, but I like insurance. we got this in the trade. I think he'll give great depth, and could provide a starter in a snap.

4) D'Cody Fagg, WR, Florida State

He's not blazing fast, but he has great hands, great upperbody strength, and solid size. 6'3 215lbs. He'll sit behind Hines and work his way to possibly be the future at #1 WR.

5) Lance Ball, RB, Maryland

Lance is a powerful and underrated runner. I think by the time he's ready that Gary Russell, Willie Parker, Carey Davis, and Add Lance Ball. Gary Russell and Willie Parker will make a dynamic 1-2 punch. Carey Davis and Lance Ball can be your Bowling Ball guys that can get the 3rd and short.

6) Bryan Mattison, DE/OLB, Iowa

Another depth pick here. I figure Haggans will be gone, So depth behind Woodley is very important. Adding Strongside DE in Mattison, who's played the same RT/RG's that Woodley has, he's capable of penetrating and contributing as both a backup and ST demon.

7) Josh Williams, MLB, Arkansas State

Wallace has never impressed me and with Timmons moving to Mack, Foote to Buck, and Wallace being behind Foote... TImmons has no depth.. adding Williams, gives us a run plugger. He's a bit bigger than Lawrence, and could be a ST player while workign as a backup.

2008 Starting Line:

Smith - Colon - Mahan - Kemo - Gaither
Richardson - Elder - Phillip - Stephenson - Essex

I would've loved to add a QB, but and UDFA could knock Pierre off the roster.

I think this rebuilds the line, because in 2 years ... the only starter that will be the starter for us in 2 years is the C/RG.. everything else will have a turnover.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 05-19-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would use a third for gaither or oliver since we will get one back for faneca in the offseason
Old 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i would use a third for gaither or oliver since we will get one back for faneca in the offseason
We won't get that third until the 2009 draft. We won't be getting anything in compensation next year cause we didn't lose any big FA this offseason.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
4) D'Cody Fagg, WR, Florida State

He's not blazing fast, but he has great hands, great upperbody strength, and solid size. 6'3 215lbs. He'll sit behind Hines and work his way to possibly be the future at #1 WR.
I want this guy just so we can have both *** and Fagg.

Although if James Hardy or Todd Blythe is available in the 4th I'd like them.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
We won't get that third until the 2009 draft. We won't be getting anything in compensation next year cause we didn't lose any big FA this offseason.

ya i just relized that
my fault
Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I want this guy just so we can have both *** and Fagg.

Although if James Hardy or Todd Blythe is available in the 4th I'd like them.
Hardy is a whiny wuss. He takes plays off and he's a terrible team player.. He's had conflicts with his coaches and is just a bad character. Think Randy Moss without the speed or as good hands.

I like Blythe, but I Think Fagg is the complete package. Blythe is a solid wideout. But he's not as fast, as physical and he's not as reliable a receiver as Fagg is. If we miss out on De'Cody, I'm aiming for Derek Kinder... the kid from Pitt who knocked 2 WVU LB's on their asses for Revis' punt return

Old 05-19-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Hardy is a whiny wuss. He takes plays off and he's a terrible team player.. He's had conflicts with his coaches and is just a bad character. Think Randy Moss without the speed or as good hands.

I like Blythe, but I Think Fagg is the complete package. Blythe is a solid wideout. But he's not as fast, as physical and he's not as reliable a receiver as Fagg is. If we miss out on De'Cody, I'm aiming for Derek Kinder... the kid from Pitt who knocked 2 WVU LB's on their asses for Revis' punt return

that was a sick ass hit
Old 05-19-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
that was a sick ass hit
Tell me that kid doesn't remind you of Ward..

6'1, 205lbs, 4.52 40' and hits like Trizzaine.

The more film I see on this kid, the more I want him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxaM5AM8Qg ~ Amazazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWVxNRMkMI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBb4g8jYyj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTs_e6YWrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDTuR3cfSQA

He's just a can't miss prospect in my opinion.. I'll take him, i think he may fall because he doesn't have Palko this season, I'll take him day 1 if he continues to progress.

And THis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA

Say hello to my little friend. Screw it, put this kid at Safety!

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 05-19-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:

I guess the reason I like those guys so much because I live in Iowa. Hardy tore up the Hawks and Blythe is all the 'Clones have going for them. I'm not interested in Hardy if he really is that big of a jerk, but I love Blythe's redzone ability. He has amazing body control and does a great job shielding off defenders.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I guess the reason I like those guys so much because I live in Iowa. Hardy tore up the Hawks and Blythe is all the 'Clones have going for them. I'm not interested in Hardy if he really is that big of a jerk, but I love Blythe's redzone ability. He has amazing body control and does a great job shielding off defenders.
My only thing is, Blythe is a 1-trick pony. He's a great "Big" receiver, where Kinder/Fagg will contribute on St, and are much more reliable hands and much harder to bring down.

Frankly I'd rather have Bret Meyer from ISU than Blythe. I've talked to Meyer and he's one hell of a tough guy.. I think he could be a "Big" ARE.

6'3 215lbs and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range.

I'd add Kinder/Meyer.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gaither may be in the supp draft too if he ended up failing his finals
Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

rumor has it that gaither is ineligable for that '07 season, and that he will enter the supp. draft
Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Kinder is amazing

how about a 7th round choice on Jeff Samrahjah, in the supplemental draft it might persuade him to come over
Old 05-24-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Derek Kinder is amazing

how about a 7th round choice on Jeff Samrahjah, in the supplemental draft it might persuade him to come over
nah, why would he risk his fat baseball contract for half a mil a year getting beat up in the nfl??