Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't possibly expect them to win 80% of their games for the rest of the season, but building a lead now is very important. They need the margin for error because this team is definitely going to have a slump later. It happens every year for every team.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I can't possibly expect them to win 80% of their games for the rest of the season, but building a lead now is very important. They need the margin for error because this team is definitely going to have a slump later. It happens every year for every team.
I don't expect them to do that either but if they can go at a 60 or 70 percent clip that will be great, I know that isn't close pecentage wise, but I meant that if they can go 7-3 or 6-4 over a ten game stretch on a consistent basis, it would be nice.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preseason, I saw them as a 95 win team. That means another 5 games over .500 for the rest of the year. You can't expect Moyer and Kendrick to keep getting this ridiculous run support...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 06-09-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But they are ptitching well too. They have had a few games where the Phils exploded, but for the most part, the offense isn't doing anything different when they start, so I expect that their success will continue if they play as they have recently, and the offense continues doing what they do.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Swept the Braves at home. One of the best home teams in the MLB. Clutch hitting and good BP play the reasons for it... Lets go Phils!!! Only 1.5 games out of the best record in the MLB...

Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Phillies are doing really well right now and are winning division games. Really have to take it to the Marlins on the road. Gotta keep up the clutch hitting and really get some good pitching outings from our top guys. The bullpen needs to work no more than 10-11 innings this series. That is the hope.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If the BP can pitch 11 innings or less, I expect either a sweep or a 3-1 series win.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, Myers didn't follow up well on his last start, but I don't think he pitched that poorly. Just a lot of balls finding holes instead of gloves. Offense was not terribly good. Even with all that, they had a chance to win. Gotta win tonight and have a chance to win the series tomorrow.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

No he didn't pitch astounding, but he didn't pitch horrible either. Just a case of bad luck, and hey the Phbils haven't had anything but good luck recently, so a little bad luck now and then is alright.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Lets hope the Phils can get a win in this series and get it back to a three game lead over the Marlins. I have no idea why I though this was a four game series before. Sometime I wonder about myself, I htink I have a brain tumor:D

Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Tough to waste that excellent start by Hamels without hitting. Seems like they have hit a small bump in the road. Now is no time to give back that lead in the division. Have to step on Florida's throat...

Old 06-13-2008, 06:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

And Jamie Moyer did just that. Wow, great job by him last night. He shut them down, and Lidge came in and kept the Marlins scorelees. Overall a good game by the Phils last night.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

They needed that game to salvage the series. I'm glad they put it together. Up next: A really really dinged up Cards team sans Pujols. Gotta take 2 of 3 to keep the pressure on.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The Phils couldn't be playing them at a better time. Didn't they just lose a ptcher too? Two of three is what the Phils should shoot for at least.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not going to demand a sweep because it is on the road. However, with the personnel out for the Cards, it is not too much to ask, IMO.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thats why I thought it could be a reasonable expectation.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

We are in agreement. I just hope that they can get back to hitting, pitching, and really playing the way they are capable of. Fact is that the rest of the division is playing interleague. Good chance to gain whatever lost ground from the past week.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If Kendrick and Eaton can pitch like they did their last starts, that locks up two games as very likely wins.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Wow, all I have to say is wow to yesterdays game. If you ask me, both of those errors are on Gordon. The first one he basically stopped and Utley threw the ball as if he would have continued, but that was too far for Gordons glove. The other was just a case of Gordon not seeing the ball. But I don't know how. The sun wasn't in his eyes, and the two weren't on opposite sides of shadows. Uhh its jsut aggrevating. Tough series for the Phils against the Sox.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Everyone who was supposed to come up big did so last night. Howard, Hamels, and Rollins just got it done. Nice win over a great team last night. Lets hope they keep it up.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Not much activity here, so we need to talk about the Phils. No doubt they've been is a slump, but it seems like they're beginning to get out of it, and the important part is they haven't lost the NL East lead. At least not yet anyway.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting things going down in Philly.

Myers was sent down and Swindle's contract was purchased due to Condrey hanging with his wife who's about to give birth.

So who do you call up? Happ who's on the 40-man roster? Brian Mazone a career MILB player who's one at a start was rained out? Or the young prospect Carlos Carrasco?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I've been to the Phils' AAA game s this year since they are right where I live, and its either gonna be Happ or Carasco IMO. I haven't seen Carasco pitch in person this year, but I've seen him on local TV and he looks good, I don't know if he would be ready for a permanent jump to the majors, but he could be fine for one game, but Happ was called up last year for a double-header, so IMO Happ is the most likely one to fill in.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well the phils went out and got a pitcher. I'm having a hard time remembering his name right now for some reason. But we lost Outman and Cerrano, and another single A prospect. Not a bad trade if you ask me. The Phils can stand to lose some of their pitchers, because to be honest, there are a lot that have potential to amke it to the bigs, and there isn't enough room for all of them. We have Utley, so losing Cerrano isn't that big of a deal, and we get a solid pitcher.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Um, filling in the blanks, the Phils got Joe Blanton for Cardenas, Outman, and a single A guy with big power and no OBP potential.

Cardenas was blocked by Utley for sure, and he has less power and plate control. He is also slower and has less defensive upside. Locked as a 2B and a #2 hitter at best. Outman is probably a lefty setup guy. The other prospect is inconsequential.