Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When there's a play at the plate, there is no such thing as dirty, so long as the player doesn't come in cleats up, go for the balls, or the eye gouge. It was a hard hit, and unfortunate that McCann got injured.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a catcher, and throughout the 10 years I played the position, I had many players come in and try thigns like that. I never found that dirty. Unfortunately for them , I also played football, and could take a hit better than anyone in baseball. Many times I took runners out, as I had the size advantage on many of them. I got a nickname as "headhunter" because when people would try to come home, I just shoved my catchers glove in their face. It takes away from their aggressiveness, because they now have to be defensive and move their head to avoid the shot to the head. Plus, I had an advantage because I was the one with all the padding, and they were pretty much uncovered, haha. Throughout all my years as a catcher, I never lost a tagout situation at home. I was actually really good. I was much better at baseball than football and I really don't know why I stopped. My younger brothe ris starting to get into it now, and is in a fall league, so i am going to be helping out with him and his team.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice sweep by the Phils. Good work by the bullpen for the most part. Last night got a little dicey, but they should have swept a terrible and struggling team, even if it is on the road. Lohse vs. Hamels. Need to keep winning now that the Mets might be falling back to earth a bit. Not like the Marlins are letting up either...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-01-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense needs to keep it going because they have not given Cole a lot of run support lately. Go Phils!!! This is gonna be a good gauge, this series against the Cards.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I agree. Cards have been mostly hot lately. Need to keep going.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This ought to be a good matchup tonight, Lohse is looking like a different player this year. The Cards pitching coach (can't remember his name) is really good at getting the best out of all of his pitchers, and has been doing so for a long time. The Cards have dealt with injuries though, and that may be a problem for them, but the Phils need to have a good series.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Dave Duncan is the coach. He is a monster. The Phillies won't sweep, but they really have to take 2 of 3 to keep momentum going.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Agreed, I was getting near remembering Duncan's name, but didn't quite have it. 2-of 3 is what the Phils shoot expect, but hey, I woudn't mind another sweep;), though I do not expect it to happen. Hey we got exactly what we wnated last time, a sweep and a two of three from the Marlins. Lets hope this keeps up.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Gotta keep it up and put the pressure on the other teams in the race to win. Now that LA has Manny, it is possible that they could go on a monster run. Between LA, Arizona, Chicago, Milwaukee, Mets, Phils, and Marlins, there is a really good race going on for the playoffs and the WC.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It seems like almost every year the National league has a lot of close battles, and this year is no different, especially. I really think Manny isn't going to make as big of a difference as everybody else seems to think. Sure he hadds some offense, but he doesn't bring much defensively in the outfield. On a side note. Do you find it strange that Pat Burrell is leading the NL in outfield assisits? I heard that yesterday and found that very odd.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Burrell is very slow and gets to balls slowly, but he has a strong, accurate arm. That means people will test him, and he guns them down. It is a function of aggressive running vs. Burrell's ability to gun it to make up for his lack of range.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I've just never even heard him mentioned near the lead in outfield assists. It is weird, a Phillie has been near the lead in that category for the past three or fourt years.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Its nice how we make up almost 100% of the posts in this thread over the last few pages, isn't it bsaza? Shows a real lack fo interest in Phillie fans.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give Burrell credit for one thing. He may not be great in terms of athleticism but he does the most with what he has. He's never going to be a great OF but he's becoming smarter and knows his limitations. It hurts not having a speedier guy out there but its nice nonetheless.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thnat is absolutely correct, and I really respect athletes who may not be physically gifted, but work with what they have, that is the main reason I never got on the Hate Train that so many Phils fans had for Burrell. We really don't need a speedy LF because we have guys like victorino out there to help take up some of the ground Pat can't get, but like you said, it is a luxery to have that type of athleticism in the outfield

Old 08-02-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah and the Phillies have tried to mold guys like Bourn and Golson into starters but either a good trade offer came up or they may not develop into a starter. Roberson was originally a nice prospect but then just didn't fully become the player people thought he could. Nothing wrong with a #4/#5 OF that can bring speed and glove though.

Did anyone else not feel good seeing the pitcher the Phillies lost to last night?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That did upset me, but Lohse agent was asking WAY too wuch money, and I can understand why the Phils let it go.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Enough is enough. Nothing from any of you guys during the Phillies attempted collapse then crazy resurrection? Is Eagles-Cowboys such a big deal that we can't discuss the Phils and their division leading ways?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Enough is enough. Nothing from any of you guys during the Phillies attempted collapse then crazy resurrection? Is Eagles-Cowboys such a big deal that we can't discuss the Phils and their division leading ways?
No way, I would have been posting in here a lot but it seemed like no one else was, so I figured everybody forgot about it or didn't care enough about it. Go Phils!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I was waiting for everyone else except you and I. Not blaming. Just trying to rekindle.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well, our magic number is 11, in both the NL East and the Wildcard. I think we can win the NL East (obviously) and the Mets will end up in the Wildcard. But if the Mets collapse again, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they miss the playoffs completely. How about Howard? Man is he hot if anybody would have said he'd be pushing 50 HR in May or June they would laugh in their face. But he is swinging the bat real well and could end up with that 50, and maybe anothe MVP title. Neither or a certainty, or even expected, but the chance is there. Burrell has been in a slump for what, about 2 months? He needs to turn things around, and I thought we was on Monday, (or whenever it was he hit the HR) but a 5 strikeout performance on Tuesday put an end to those wishes. JRoll and the flyin' Hawaiian have been doing well as of late, and I think that is a big reason for the success.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

one more win until the NLCS. Starting to look like we will be playing the Dodgers. I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't seen any action.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm a little concerned that the team is grabbing leads, then sitting on them. They have to prove they can score at any time. They have to be clutch and hit better with RISP. By all accounts, the pitching has been great (1.50 ERA, WHIP below 1.00), but the team is going to have to score runs to win. LA is playing well, and the AL teams are also very good. Can't mess around.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Of course, but we know one thing, our BP has been able to sustain leads and that is a good thing at this point in the season especially.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think it's kind of good that the Dodgers are being touted as the favorites in the sports media. Gives the team bulletin board material.