Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that it is supposed to be relatively close, I haven't seen anybodyputting down the Phils, but I haven't been watching too much TV lately. I think it will be a great series, going 6 or 7 games, I honestly do think the Phils will win though.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillies won more games in a tougher division, scored more runs, and had a better bullpen ERA. They also swept the Dodgers in Philly post-Manny trade, yet many people are picking the Dodgers to win the series, even with a Philly home field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you but you also have to take into account the Dodgers swept us on their field, which is a big reason why I think the series will be a long one, but ultimately, I see the phils winning.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't necessarily see the Phillies sweeping or anything, but it seems like no one on ESPN is giving them any shot. I'm kind of glad about that because it plays to the bulletin board material and "us against the world" type stuff. As long as the Phils get guys on base and are able to scratch out runs without the HR, they'll be okay. They can't sit back and wait on the 2-run HR. They need to be bunting, sac flying, and the like.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Definitely, they are going to have to play great. How is the series going, 2-3-2, or 3-3-1? I always forget the configuration of the series.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think it's 2-3-2 for all. Have we heard for sure who is starting on Thursday? I would kind of like to have Myers out there to start. Go Myers, Hamels, Moyer, Blanton...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

According to ESPN's projected starters, Hamels is getting the start opposite Lowe.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If Cole can pitch anything like he did in the other series, you can chalk up a 1-0 lead for the Phils.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not going to guarantee it because Lowe is a veteran with a ring who knows how to get things done in October. His sinker prevents HR's, and he can hold runners well. Nothing is a lock.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

But if Cole can do what he did in his last start I highly doubt the Dodgers score on him, at all. That being said, i don't expect Cole to have a game like last week, but he should do very, very well.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If he can do that, he has a solid chance at 7 IP, 2 R's allowed, which is all we can expect. If we give up 2 R's a game, we have a chance to win all 4. Have to aim for that...

Old 10-08-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I want a game where our offense really just shows how great it can be, I reealize a win is a win, but I think a blowout may really destroy morale for the Dodgers, and if we can get a big score up on them, while keeping them really low, I think that would help chances a lot.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Good news for us Phils fans, my newspaper picked the Dodgers to win the series. Why is this good news, you ask, they haven't picked one single playoff series correctly in the past two years.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Good news for us Phils fans, my newspaper picked the Dodgers to win the series. Why is this good news, you ask, they haven't picked one single playoff series correctly in the past two years.
Morning Call?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Morning Call?
Bingo......

Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cole Hamels is a sex monster....
Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Bottom line is that the Phils have to get out and score. They have to generate runs, get their speed guys on base, and hit well in the clutch. I also think that Howard needs to try to bunt down the third base line for a hit. With the shift the way it is, it's just smart.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Bottom line is that the Phils have to get out and score. They have to generate runs, get their speed guys on base, and hit well in the clutch. I also think that Howard needs to try to bunt down the third base line for a hit. With the shift the way it is, it's just smart.
Much like David Ortiz. Or take it the other way. His first at-bat yesterday consisted of six straight sliders outside. Take that **** the other way, there's plenty of room.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think he was trying to do it, but Lowe was also getting a generous outside zone. Howard can go get it, but he's waiting for a mistake. I think the matchup this afternoon will be much better for him. Not as good a breaking ball, and he works off the big fastball...

Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Agreed. It doesn't matter how, just get out and score. There has been much ado over nothing when it comes to the Phils 12/18 runs being scored through HR. How many of those runs are with 2 outs? I'd bet at least half. Those are cripplers for opponents. As long as your scoring though, how much does it really matter?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Against the Sox and later in the month, it'll be colder, meaning the ball's not going to fly out of the park as much. They're going to have to generate runs the old fashioned way. HR's are going to be rarer. They have to get guys on with BB's (which has been a weakness lately), then get them into scoring position and get them home on singles and sac's.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not necessarily saying that the Sox are going to win, but Tampa doesn't have a cold weather situation. That is what really matters...

Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I agree, but I just don't think it is a big deal right now that there are a lot of points scored off of HRs. I would like to get some in small ball situations, but getting HRs is fine with me. We are leaving too many men on base, and that is what concerns me right now. I don't care how we fix it, whether it be consisitent, smart hitting, or the longball, but just getting more of them in would be nice.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you're looking for hits and not necessarily HR's, the small ball runs will come. That's my point.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Our offense is just too dynamic to not come up with runs. When we played the cubs at the end of the season, didn't we have some crazy number like 17 hits that were all singles over two games? And didn't we do very well in those games. I agree with you, it isn't like the Phils can't score without hittting a HR.