Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that the offense is dynamic, but working the counts more could be beneficial. For one, we want the Dodgers into the bullpen early, especially with Saito out and Kuo rusty. Secondly, it helps them get quality pitches. They need to work the AB's to make things happen. Billingsley is too good to let him off the hook. They have to make him make mistakes and battle. Period. Whether it's forcing the issue with men on base or having 10 pitch AB's... that is what needs to happen.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I agree that the offense is dynamic, but working the counts more could be beneficial. For one, we want the Dodgers into the bullpen early, especially with Saito out and Kuo rusty. Secondly, it helps them get quality pitches. They need to work the AB's to make things happen. Billingsley is too good to let him off the hook. They have to make him make mistakes and battle. Period. Whether it's forcing the issue with men on base or having 10 pitch AB's... that is what needs to happen.
Yeah, too often I have seen players swinging at the first pitch and making poor contact, resulting in a popup or quick groundout. We need to make the pitchers work more than we have.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie's mom died. Sad news...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charlie's mom died. Sad news...
Ooh. That truly is sad. Charlie is a great guy, truly down to earth, his mom must have raised him right. I wonder how this affects him for the series? (sounds horrible but I don't mean it like that) Perhaps this will be some sort of a rallying cry.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I just got a picture message from one of my buddies. It was of the Phillies' towel. I am sooo jealous of him right now, I said things to him that no man shoudl ever say to his friends. Unfortunatley I will not be able to watch the game live on TV, I am going to my High School's football game, so we are gonna keep eachother updated.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

My buddy sat in Sec 128 last night, 8 rows behind Lasorda...

Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Your buddy and my buddy are two lucky *****

Old 10-27-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Seriously? No talk at all about the Phillies? WTF?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MLB thread...

But Go Cole "Sex Panther" Hamels!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You jinxed it, nooooo!...

Well just so you all know, my newspaper picked the Rays last week, so the Phils are set here;).

Old 10-28-2008, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only in Philly...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I jinxed nothing. We could be discussing here, but we're not. That's all I'm saying.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm the moron who left work at 4 yesterday to drive from DC to Philly to be in the city when the game was played. I had to drive back and got home at 2:30 AM, and I came to work. I'm absolutely pooped!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I jinxed nothing. We could be discussing here, but we're not. That's all I'm saying.
I was joking, but I figured hey, we left it alone, and it has worked out well so far, so I didn't want to mess witht the baseball gods, so I figured I'd leave it alone. Either way, when the series is over, there will be plenty of activity.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm the moron who left work at 4 yesterday to drive from DC to Philly to be in the city when the game was played. I had to drive back and got home at 2:30 AM, and I came to work. I'm absolutely pooped!
I heard that they were cancelling around lunchtime yesterday, maybe the news was a bit slow to get to DC.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm talking about Monday night, not Tuesday. I heard the other news right away b/c my good friend is a producer for the local CBS station and alerted me. I watched the first 6 at Bridgette Foys on South St. Monday night.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm talking about Monday night, not Tuesday. I heard the other news right away b/c my good friend is a producer for the local CBS station and alerted me. I watched the first 6 at Bridgette Foys on South St. Monday night.
Ah, I see now. A little msitake on my part.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I am so happy this morning, despite the fact I couldn't fall asleep last night. I eventually did at about 4:00, but woke up at 6:00. So I probably am one of the happiest people on two hours sleep everywhere. I just want to thank all the Phillies players, coaches, Pat Gillick, the Owners, and anyone else involved for fulfilling one of my sports dreams. I thought I would cry in all honesty, but I was just too happy to do anything but scream and laugh and cheer.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to all Philly fans everywhere ! Nice to see a championship here in town. Have a blast at the parade...
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
Congrats to all Philly fans everywhere ! Nice to see a championship here in town. Have a blast at the parade...
I'm actually thinking about taking off from work tomorrow to go to the parade. I found out i could have gone to the game last night at 7:45 because a friend had been there on Monday but couldn't make it yesterday. I figured by that time it almost wasn't worth it because driving time from here is just under two hours, and I would have missed the game anyway. I said to my friend if he would have called at about 5:00 yesterday i would have been down there, but 45 minutes before the game is too much of a short notice, even if it is a possible world series clinching thing. I wanted to see all the players and coaches reactions too, which right now seems like an even better idea gthan at the time due to all the people in the streets. Did anybody see there was a cameraman filming his newsvan with people climbing on it and people rocking it? I laughed my ass off.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm actually thinking about taking off from work tomorrow to go to the parade. I found out i could have gone to the game last night at 7:45 because a friend had been there on Monday but couldn't make it yesterday. I figured by that time it almost wasn't worth it because driving time from here is just under two hours, and I would have missed the game anyway. I said to my friend if he would have called at about 5:00 yesterday i would have been down there, but 45 minutes before the game is too much of a short notice, even if it is a possible world series clinching thing. I wanted to see all the players and coaches reactions too, which right now seems like an even better idea gthan at the time due to all the people in the streets. Did anybody see there was a cameraman filming his newsvan with people climbing on it and people rocking it? I laughed my ass off.
I conned a hot chick into working for me so I could go to the parade. I'm pumped.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I conned a hot chick into working for me so I could go to the parade. I'm pumped.
Do explain, I am not able to go. And I found out last night the "tickets" my buddy was talking about really wasn't for the game, he just wanted to go down there to tailgate. I am even happier that I stayed home now.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.

doo doo baby!
--Delete

Last edited by NBA : 01-07-2009 at 04:30 PM.
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
NBA
Rookie

NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.NBA is a cocksman.

delete

nm-------------

Last edited by NBA : 01-07-2009 at 04:31 PM.
NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well Romero looks like he will miss 50 games, that will really hurt the team, anyone know more detail about the situation, other than he had a banned substance in him that wasn't listed on his supplements label?