Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any update from the local Philly media about Myers' condition? Shoulder strain and unreleased MRI results are not really enough to satisfy me right now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as we can keep most of our roster together, I think the Phils are legitimate contenders for the next few years, especially if we can get some of these A and AA prospects up in the majors.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Phillies' farm system is pretty dry right now. Most of the top prospects of the past few years are up in the majors right now. Howard, Rollins, Utley, Ruiz, Hamels, Myers, Madsen, Geary, Bourn, Burrell, and Victorino are home-grown. That's incredible. Right now, there are no real helpers on the horizon. Carlos Carrasco is doing well in AA, but he needs a full year there. When he rehabs from Tommy John surgery, Scott Mathiesen could be a solid starter or bullpen arm. Baseball America projects Mathiesen as a potential closer of the future.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Phillies farm system is one of the worst in the league don't quote me on this but I think at the beginning of may, they only had like 1 HR in the whole system, its probably not that bad but it was pretty sad

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of Maths in the 'pen as a closer, hard thrower with some filthy breaking pitches. It'd work.

The farm system is incredibly dry. Carrasco is doing well but is going through some inconsistency woes though he's VERY young so he has all the time in the world (not really) to make it through the Minors. Drabek is the same (only at Lakewood, instead of high-A Clearwater) but I think we can wait on him as well. After those two, there's no real top prospects to be considered.

Greg Golson (1st overall in 2004) is a great athlete who possesses good power and excellent speed but he strikes out way too much and I believe he only has around 15 walks as of now in Clearwater. He'll be in AA-Reading by the end of the season, but he's got to cut down the Ks. He's still young enough (21) for the light to turn on.

Mike Costanzo (2nd Rounder in 2005) has a good amount of power to him (I believe 10 HRs in AA) but he is worse than Golson when it comes to not getting K'ed. He also makes way too many errors and I believe the organization gave up on him in terms of being the 3B of the Future. Excellent power, but he's like Russell Branyan in AA right now. K or HR.

JA Happ, Zack Segovia and Matt Maloney are probably #4-#5 guys at best.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
The Phillies farm system is one of the worst in the league don't quote me on this but I think at the beginning of may, they only had like 1 HR in the whole system, its probably not that bad but it was pretty sad
They have absolutely no hitting above High-A ball. Their guys in AA and AAA are overmatched and only have jobs because no one else is ready to push them. I think the highest rated hitter in the system above A-ball is Jason Jamarillo, who is a AA catcher (I think). There are some good young players in A-ball, but they have to take time to develop.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Golsen is a bust IMO. He's had 3 years to prove something, and he can't make it to AA. The guy has all-world tools, but he has no idea how to use them. I'd love to get rid of him in some sort of deal, just so I don't have to keep hearing about him.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Part of the problem with the farm system is that the Phils were signing lots of FA's in the last few years, so they lost out on first round and sandwich picks. They missed out on being able to replace their prospects via the draft. Right now, last year's draft is looking pretty decent. Drabek has potential and pedigree, but Cardenas is doing fantastic.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Part of the problem with the farm system is that the Phils were signing lots of FA's in the last few years, so they lost out on first round and sandwich picks. They missed out on being able to replace their prospects via the draft. Right now, last year's draft is looking pretty decent. Drabek has potential and pedigree, but Cardenas is doing fantastic.
Good points there and I completely forgot about Adrien Cardenas! He's obviously not going to be the 2B for the future as of right now, I do think he can be a 3B though but apparently the org. doesn't think so or they wouldn't have explicitly mentioned that they needed a 3B.

I still hold out hope for Golson, I met him at a Lakewood game last year and he's a good guy. He really needs to develop an eye though at 21, it's probably a pipe dream.

I think Costanzo was a bigger bust personally. Also Jaramillo is in AAA.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Cardenas will probably win Minor League ROY. He is a future stud, but he doesn't have the range to play SS in the majors (and replace Jimmy), and they're also thinking he doesn't have the range to really play 3B. He's kind of a solid 2B type in the mold of Utley, but he's 19.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It's hard to consider Costanzo a bust because he wasn't a first round pick. He still has a chance to rebound, but he's clearly overmatched at this level. I have hopes for that kid, but I'm not counting on him. I'm more interested in maybe getting Joe Crede from the White Sox.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Cardenas will probably win Minor League ROY. He is a future stud, but he doesn't have the range to play SS in the majors (and replace Jimmy), and they're also thinking he doesn't have the range to really play 3B. He's kind of a solid 2B type in the mold of Utley, but he's 19.
Yeah, I believe we have Utley signed until he's 34ish but we won't know what happens then. I love Cardenas, I really can't think of another RoY other than him. He gets the Owens award.

Costanzo is a bust in my eyes, though I see why you can't consider him that as he was indeed a 2nd-rounder. But the organization loved his power but we are seeing the equivalent of Pat Burrell (now, not the old Burrell) in AA.

Golson by the way was 0-5 with 4 Ks last night. Blech.

I was thinking that the Phillies would go OF this year especially Michael Burgess but given their track record with HS OFs, I doubt it. I would love to see Detwiler, but I think it's time they go to the college ranks here.

I have heard rumors that due to signability, Wieters could fall but that would be a mammoth drop. Jered Weaver had a drop like that and I believe he went 14th?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Cardenas is one of those guys who gets developed and promoted if we trade Utley or moved in a deadline deal in about 2 years. He has the makings of a future Utley, but he has similar defensive issues to Chase (limited range, weakish arm). He looks really good for 19, but he is at least 2 years away from the majors.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Constanzo is still only 24, and he has a chance to rebound. Power is nice, but he needs AB's to develop. Obviously, the leap from High-A to AA hasn't been kind to him, but he needed that challenge. I expect him to play every day at AA this year. If he can get some stuff together and work the strike zone better, I think he has a chance. Overall, I'm not sure he has the overall skill set to be a major leaguer. Given the fact that he was a second rounder, it's disappointing, but he might have been overhyped before this season anyway.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Great job by the Phils sweeping the White Sox. Won 7 of 9 and are only 2 back of the division lead and 1 back of the Braves.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

went to the Blueclaws game last night with two friends, fun road trip on a Friday Night. We were so pumped to see Kyle Drabek, Billy Rowell (went to school close to us) and Adrian Cardenas. That was the main point of this but we go there and received Rowell's autograph. Then Drabek starts to pitch gives up a double (I believe) and then the shortstop Fidel Hernandez boots a double play ball then proceeds to underthrow Kevin Howard at 1B. He committed another error that inning, so essentially 3 errors in one inning. He's god awful.

Drabek left after facing three batters, it kind of ruined part of the day as we looked forward to seeing him pitch but I am wondering what exactly happened. I didn't see him clutching his elbow or limping, but I guess someone can update me on that.

There were some good tibits in the win last night.

1)-Adrien Cardenas is a stud and three quarters. He had a great double to left field (off the Toyota sign) that drove in two and he eventually scored on Howard's sac fly. He also hit the game-winning single that was a good piece of clutch hitting. I believe he nearly went yard with a deep fly to dead center but it was tracked down. He is simply an amazing player and really stood out amongst everyone else.

2)-Concepcion may have a future (maybe not in the Bigs but I think he'll be something to keep an eye on) as he had (on my count) 10 Ks last night in 5 innings of relief. He hit between 91-95 on his fastball and from our seats (Row 3, 3B side) looked like a change, curve and perhaps a slider. He went through batters like clockwork and I want to see him again to get an accurate analysis of him.

3)-Kevin Howard appears to be able to make contact most of the time. He has 0 HRs and 26 RBIs but he's about 25-26 so I don't expect much more than Reading for him. Not a terrible player, but a bit too old.

4)-CJ Henry, 5 ABs, 5 Ks. It's reaching the end.

5)-Rowell is a very big dude. I think the 3 of us and an older man got his autograph and that was it. I expected a lot of people to be around him but it was kind of strange that just 4 people lined up. He'll be something special soon. Too bad he's an Oriole.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

HUGE series this weekend against the Mets. First game of the doubleheader starts pretty much right now, and we get 4 against them this weekend at home. Worst case, we need a split of this series, but I'm hoping for 3-1. If we get the 3-1 win, it's basically a divisional tie, and the team will be 6 games over .500.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for you guys.....

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think that's just selfish because you think the Braves will outplay the Phillies down the stretch. I bet you think the Phillies are easier to catch than the Mets...

Old 06-29-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that's just selfish because you think the Braves will outplay the Phillies down the stretch. I bet you think the Phillies are easier to catch than the Mets...
No, why wouldnt i root for you? The Mets are currently in first...it only makes sense. Plus, I hate the Mets.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillies fan interested???
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=11220

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Now 10,000 losses for the Phillies franchise in all of its years in existence. I suppose it was an inevitability, but it really is a sad state of affairs.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Black Majic

Big loss, Chase Utley. When the news came out the only thing i was glad about was Eagles training camp starts tomorrow. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way
Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

This Phils team has gone through a ton of injuries this year, and they're still in the hunt. Myers is coming back in a week or so, and Gordon is already back. The pitching is doing decently, and the team still has bats. They need to hold down the fort until Utley gets back. Plain and simple. They can't let down and give up. It's a big loss, but they have to play on.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Im not an Eagles fan, but I had to come here to discuss the Phillies. WOW only 1 game out of the wild card. Im happy it didnt take them until mid September to get this close. Hopefully they can keep playing the way they've been, and they can make the post season.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote