Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard locked in for 3 years and $54mm. I like the deal for both sides, and it means that Howard won't be locked in so long that his contract becomes an albatross. Pretty awesome overall.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Yea I agree about Howard. I still want to see him raise his average though
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Howard locked in for 3 years and $54mm. I like the deal for both sides, and it means that Howard won't be locked in so long that his contract becomes an albatross. Pretty awesome overall.
I'm psyched, its kinda a big deal...

He could stand to raise his average, but I'm one of the people who really don't care he strikes out a lot. Its like many have said, no one would care as much if he grounded out or popped out, and its the equivalent of the same thing happening.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

LOL some guys are trying to tell me Burrell is better than Ibanez.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
LOL some guys are trying to tell me Burrell is better than Ibanez.
Haha, who in their right mind would even consider thinking that?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Haha, who in their right mind would even consider thinking that?
That Broduer guy. I think he's just a Mets fan trying to reassure himself that his team may be better.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm psyched, its kinda a big deal...

He could stand to raise his average, but I'm one of the people who really don't care he strikes out a lot. Its like many have said, no one would care as much if he grounded out or popped out, and its the equivalent of the same thing happening.
In terms of grounding out vs. K's: I really think that if he put the ball in play more, it would be better for the team. When you hit the ball as hard as he does, getting your bat on the ball and hitting it in play can really help. Even if it's a groundout, if you have a man on third, a grounder into that shift gets a run home. K's do nothing to put pressure on the D to make a play. They offer no chances to move runners along. They are the ultimate unproductive out. I'd love for Howard to cut his K's into the 125 range. That would mean a better contact % and likely a higher OBP. If Howard would do that, he'd be legendary.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Ibanez is an upgrade over Burrell in the field (but admittedly not by that much). Both guys are below average LF's. Burrell's lack of speed was offset somewhat by his rocket arm (with accuracy). However, he was a negative impact in LF. At the plate, Burrell was good for .400 OBP, 25-30 HR and around 100 RBI. On the bases, he was terribly slow.

Ibanez is less of an OBP threat, but he has a stronger contact rate than Burrell. His average with RISP is much higher, and he put up strong numbers the last 3 years in Seattle, which is a pitchers park. He should expect a boost from CB. In the end, he will probably be a net positive for the team in 2009 with his fielding and overall hitting. In the end, I'd rather have Burrell for 2/$16mm than Ibanez for 3/$30mm. Matt Holliday is a FA after the season, and he is the perfect fit for the Phils. With Ibanez in the mix, that won't happen.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing that I loved about Patty B was that while he was severely limited by his lack of athleticism; he never gave up on a ball. He was just painfully slow. Made Lieberthal look like Usain Bolt.

It's not the must ludicrous thing to say he's better than Ibanez, though I'd say Ibanez is the better ballplayer.

Regardless, I cannot WAIT till this season.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

I love listening to bickering of bitter Rays and Mets fans :)
Old 02-09-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In terms of grounding out vs. K's: I really think that if he put the ball in play more, it would be better for the team. When you hit the ball as hard as he does, getting your bat on the ball and hitting it in play can really help. Even if it's a groundout, if you have a man on third, a grounder into that shift gets a run home. K's do nothing to put pressure on the D to make a play. They offer no chances to move runners along. They are the ultimate unproductive out. I'd love for Howard to cut his K's into the 125 range. That would mean a better contact % and likely a higher OBP. If Howard would do that, he'd be legendary.
I thought about that after I posted that, and i understand where your coming from. It does make a difference once you think about it more, but I'm still not gonna get upset.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'll take the production, but I'd prefer more balls in play because of the possibility of productive outs.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

You know what I'm getting at, I just don't obess about his K numbers, and I think few fans here do...

Old 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I get upset when he K's with 1 out and men on second and third when a grounder to the right side would score the run outright.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I get upset when he K's with 1 out and men on second and third when a grounder to the right side would score the run outright.
But there's just as many times where he jacks a ball, never to be heard from again! haha.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That would likely be incorrect. Statistically, he struck out 4x as many times as he homered.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Eh I'm suck of these punk ************* in the off topic baseball thread. I've never ever seen a champion get so disrespected.

According to them, I'm a radical homer for saying the defending champs might be the best team in baseball, Joe Blanton isn't bad and our overall pitching isn't bad. Oh yea and somehow it makes me not able to use proper grammar or spell.

Jackasses
Old 02-11-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Have you ever considered that they're messing with you to get a reaction rather than just really thinking that? You're over-reacting, but you're also heavily overrating guys like Blanton.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That would likely be incorrect. Statistically, he struck out 4x as many times as he homered.
Yeah I know, I just love how Howard can beat the **** out of a baseball. I know he strikes out ~200 times per year, and is averaging ~50 Homers a year, but I was just making a point about how exciting it is whenever he gets ahold of one.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Have you ever considered that they're messing with you to get a reaction rather than just really thinking that? You're over-reacting, but you're also heavily overrating guys like Blanton.
Bunch of New York shitheads I shouldn't have expected anything better. I go to school with a lot of those types of clowns. They joke like that but as soon as I make a jab at the Giants they get even more bitter and defensive than I was. And you can look through my quotes, I never said Blanton was great, I never even said he was good. I said he's not bad and fits the role of a 3/4 starter very well. I mean if a team wins 12 of 16 games he starts he's obviously doing something right.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Bunch of New York shitheads I shouldn't have expected anything better. I go to school with a lot of those types of clowns. They joke like that but as soon as I make a jab at the Giants they get even more bitter and defensive than I was. And you can look through my quotes, I never said Blanton was great, I never even said he was good. I said he's not bad and fits the role of a 3/4 starter very well. I mean if a team wins 12 of 16 games he starts he's obviously doing something right.
Its a lot easier to jus tlet things go and let them think whatever they want, as opposed to flipping out.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The fact that you flip out gives them an opportunity to push you more. I know for a fact that they were just trying to get a reaction out of you, and they succeeded.

You have to watch your language, Twista.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Sigh I guess you guys are right.

Anyways, who's pumped for ST?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I am I heard something that Chase Utley practiced or did something major in terms of hsi recovery yesterday. I heard it as I was waking up this morning, so I didn't catch it, but I know it was good news, and I am pumped nonetheless.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I am I heard something that Chase Utley practiced or did something major in terms of hsi recovery yesterday. I heard it as I was waking up this morning, so I didn't catch it, but I know it was good news, and I am pumped nonetheless.
Still looks like he'll be back around early June at the earliest :(