Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Still looks like he'll be back around early June at the earliest :(
We've got enough depth in the infield that we'll do better than treading water until he returns...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
We've got enough depth in the infield that we'll do better than treading water until he returns...
Yea but it'll hurt because I like Bruntlett off the bench. Our best PH as far as I'm concerned. Iguchi and Giles are alright. I actually want to see Jason Donald get some time.

Right now our order should go:
1. Rollins
2. Werth
3. Ibanez
4. Howard
5. Victorino
6. Feliz
7. Donald
8. Ruiz

and when Utley comes back, put him 3rd, Ibanez 5th and scoot everyone down a spot
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea but it'll hurt because I like Bruntlett off the bench. Our best PH as far as I'm concerned. Iguchi and Giles are alright. I actually want to see Jason Donald get some time.

1. Rollins
2. Werth
3. Ibanez
4. Howard
5. Victorino
6. Feliz
7. Donald
8. Ruiz

and when Utley comes back, put him 3rd, Ibanez 5th and scoot everyone down a spot
My personal favorite off the bench is Coste, but since I played Catcher, I am partial to them, but Coste has good enough power and is really, really clutch.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I've heard around the news is that Utley should be back by the end of Spring Training, then he'll play opening day or soon after. Where's the reports otherwise?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
All I've heard around the news is that Utley should be back by the end of Spring Training, then he'll play opening day or soon after. Where's the reports otherwise?
Who knows, twista said it, haha.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Rollins
2. Werth
3. Ibanez
4. Howard
5. Victorino
6. Feliz
7. Donald
8. Ruiz

Iguchi is okay, taking away the .232 average and him currently signed to a Japanese team.

If Utley misses any time this year, it would be the same way that Lidge missed time this year. A series or two at most, I would believe. If that's the case, Bruntlett and Giles/Cairo (hell even Dobbs can play 2B if memory serves) would suffice for the minimal amount of time Utley would be out. Then Cairo/Giles would be DFA'ed. Seems pretty safe to me.

If he is out until June, like you said, then Donald would be okay to bring up.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

On Meet the Phillies a week or so ago, Charlie said he should be ready for opening day if all continues to go well.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Who knows, twista said it, haha.
And we all know what that means...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-17-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
On Meet the Phillies a week or so ago, Charlie said he should be ready for opening day if all continues to go well.
Sounds very good to me.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And we all know what that means...
It should be taken with a grain of salt. I heard Utley is fielding balls, and will start swinging in 3 days, and Feliz hasn't done either yet, and he's not supposed to miss major time. Either way, I'm wasn't worried about it before and won't be worried about it until there is a need to worry.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Feliz is noted as way behind. Likelihood of Bruntlett/Dobbs working in there (maybe Nomar if they sign him) is high. He'll be back and in there eventually.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Feliz is noted as way behind. Likelihood of Bruntlett/Dobbs working in there (maybe Nomar if they sign him) is high. He'll be back and in there eventually.
Yeah, I was just bringing that up because a lot of people were expecting Feliz to be back around opening day, and Utley is ahead of Ruiz, so I think Utley won't be out more than a week or two at the very worst.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Apparently, Kendrick is the favorite to win the 5th spot. How long will it be until Carrasco is the 5th starter? I'm saying by Mother's Day at the latest.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Apparently, Kendrick is the favorite to win the 5th spot. How long will it be until Carrasco is the 5th starter? I'm saying by Mother's Day at the latest.
I'll say June (early-mid). Bsaza will tell you I like Kendrick, we've had our debates about it before, and I think he'll be fine there, I just think the club will want to get Carrasco up in the bigs and Kendrick will do what Madson did and go to the BP. I don't think he will be as effective there as Madson is though...

Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

3 years from now our rotation should be something like
Hammels-Myers-Carrasco-Happ-Drabek with Marson catching

But how do you guys feel the outfield will look in a few years?

Michael Brown and Dominic Taylor both have epic potential but with Victorino and Werth only 1 spot is available.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Michael Brown and Dominic Taylor both have epic potential but with Victorino and Werth only 1 spot is available.
I like both Brown and Taylor but I think some random prospect makes it.
I pray to god we get a vet to mesh into that rotation if that's the way it plays out.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I pray to god we get a vet to mesh into that rotation if that's the way it plays out.
What's wrong with Hamels-Myers-Carrasco-Happ-Drabek?

The only real flaw could be Myers and he's a different man since his demotion regardless of what people in the off topic forum think.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
By then both Mayers and Hamels will be established veterans, I don't think it will be a huge deal, especially if Moyer sticks around long enough to make an impact on the younger guys... But that rotation would be absolutely loaded with talent, as would the outfield.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:

Let's look at this logically: Ibanez is 37 and is locked into a 3 year deal at okay money.

Werth has what? 2 years left on his deal?

Victorino is probably the mainstay out of the group, as he is due for a long term deal eventually.

Given that, I'd say there are 1-2 spots available long term. Werth is pretty cheap in salary, and Ibanez can probably be moved in his walk year if the Phils eat some salary. Fact is that both Brown and Taylor are AT LEAST 2 years away, probably 3. Their development coincides pretty well with the expiration of the Ibanez deal and perhaps the erosion of Werth's actual value to the franchise.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Let's look at this logically: Ibanez is 37 and is locked into a 3 year deal at okay money.

Werth has what? 2 years left on his deal?

Victorino is probably the mainstay out of the group, as he is due for a long term deal eventually.

Given that, I'd say there are 1-2 spots available long term. Werth is pretty cheap in salary, and Ibanez can probably be moved in his walk year if the Phils eat some salary. Fact is that both Brown and Taylor are AT LEAST 2 years away, probably 3. Their development coincides pretty well with the expiration of the Ibanez deal and perhaps the erosion of Werth's actual value to the franchise.
Well then the timing seems pretty good for the Phils, fortunately:D. I don't know much about the Phils prospects except for the big name ones, but I plan on going to a bunch of AAA games this season and will elarn more about some of them at least...

Old 03-04-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Apparently the Mayberry kid is tearing it up. I think Golson might turn out okay, but if the Mayberry kid is who the Rangers thought he was when they drafted him, he'll be good.

However, it does raise some flags that he couldn't mash despite being a 1st round pick of the Rangers. Maybe a change of scenary is best for him.

Time for me to start being a Mayberry homer :D
Old 03-04-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm happy to welcome Mayberry into the fold. If he can help the team in any role, I'm good with that.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Realistically, what are the Phisl chances of repeating this year. I personally think they got better, though only marginally. The Mets improved themselves a bit, but they're kind of like the Cowboys, they need a real leader, and are kind of front runners. The Braves improved themself, spent a lot of money. I'm not really too concerned about the Marlins or Nationals (especially). Barring a flood of injuries, what do you say the chances of a repeat are? I'd say they are better than last year, but pretty low, like 15% max.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You have to look at the real contenders in the NL: Phils, Mets, Cubs, and Dodgers are probably the big guns, with the Braves and maybe a healthy Cards team pushing for serious contention. Maybe you can throw in Arizona. The Cubs are better, the Dodgers are better, the Mets are marginally better, and the Braves are much better. The Nats and Marlins aren't pushovers, but they're certainly not awful. I think the 15-20% likelihood is the Phils even winning the NL again.

Once you get to the World Series, the AL contenders: Yankees, Red Sox, Tampa, White Sox, Twins are probably the only teams with a realistic shot. The AL West is really dicey, but maybe you could argue for Seattle, as the Angels lost a lot this offseason. Right now, the Yanks are the faves because of their talent upgrades, and a healthy Sox team is dangerous. Tampa was young last year and could get even better, which is nuts. I don't see the White Sox or Twins really making it.

Overall, I have to put the Phils' likelihood of repeating at 5% or worse. 5% really isn't bad on opening day. Last year, I would have put our chances at less than 1%.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That 15% was really the ultimate overstatement. (meaning the most I could se someone saying) If I would put the chances anywhere, I'd have to agree and say like 5-8%.