Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
ljk2171
Rookie

ljk2171 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
My personal favorite off the bench is Coste, but since I played Catcher, I am partial to them, but Coste has good enough power and is really, really clutch.
I agree with you on most Eagles matters, but have to disagree here. I like Coste, he's a great story. However he is an average defensive catcher at best, batted .167 in the playoffs over the past 2 years and hit .239 the second half of the season last year. Also in 2007 he batted almost 100 points lower in the second half, I think he is one of the players we can really upgrade, classic Philly player, but sometimes that's just not enough.
ljk2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljk2171 View Post
I agree with you on most Eagles matters, but have to disagree here. I like Coste, he's a great story. However he is an average defensive catcher at best, batted .167 in the playoffs over the past 2 years and hit .239 the second half of the season last year. Also in 2007 he batted almost 100 points lower in the second half, I think he is one of the players we can really upgrade, classic Philly player, but sometimes that's just not enough.
He isn't a great defensive catcher, but he is solid. Like you said he is average. Considering how many at bats he had, he won us, or at least contributed to winning a lot of games for the Phils in his time. I agree we can upgrade the position, and Marson will do that. My consolation prize though will be watching Coste down in AAA, which I can see all the time if I want.

And your right, we need to stop agreeing on things, its getting a little weird, haha.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Our best PH is easily Dobbs
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Our best PH is easily Dobbs
No doubt, Dobbs was among league leaders for pinch hitters last year if I remember correctly, plus he is a good player in his own right

Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

I always liked Dobby, I like Bruntlet too. I wish I could grow a beard like that
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I always liked Dobby, I like Bruntlet too. I wish I could grow a beard like that
I can!!!:D except mine is a little rounder, due to my face... Just imagine that smiley dude with a full beard...

Old 03-07-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

I almost wish that Punk'd thing was real and Kendrick went to Japan. The kid is a loser
Old 03-09-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

What's with the hate on Kendrick? He's solid in a rotation in that 4 or 5 spot, and he is bettling for 5 right now, which is fine. He doesn't have crazy velocity, but he is pinpoint accurate when he's on and has enabled the Phils to win in more of his starts than he has lost. He's young and sems like a decent human being, who is an overall solid pitcher. I'm perfectly fine with him in the rotation...

Old 03-11-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendrick is no better than a #5 SP in the NL. He has okay control and okay stuff, but his overall mix and inability to strike guys out means that he has to get by pitching to contact. In CB Park, that is quite risky. I don't see him as part of the Phils future rotation, but he might be servicable here and there in 2009.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Kendrick is no better than a #5 SP in the NL. He has okay control and okay stuff, but his overall mix and inability to strike guys out means that he has to get by pitching to contact. In CB Park, that is quite risky. I don't see him as part of the Phils future rotation, but he might be servicable here and there in 2009.
I like Kendrick, but if what I hear about Carrasco is true, I am all in favor of him in the #5 spot over Kendrick. I just don't know what happens to Kendrick once Carrasco takes over. I don't know if he'd be a great fit in the BP, would they send him down to AAA, trade him, release him?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carrasco is like a poor man's Hamels. He doesn't have as much of a killer instinct, he's a righty, and his stuff isn't quite as good. However, when he's on, he looks like a #2 SP. The key for Carrasco is consistency. Not sure he has it yet.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Carrasco is like a poor man's Hamels. He doesn't have as much of a killer instinct, he's a righty, and his stuff isn't quite as good. However, when he's on, he looks like a #2 SP. The key for Carrasco is consistency. Not sure he has it yet.
Do you think he will be up in the bigs this season, because from what I've hear if he isn't up right away we should expect him with the Phils around or before the All-Star break...

Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

He will be up, but I think he starts in AAA to show he can consistently nail his pitches. No need to crush his confidence and our bullpen if he's not going to be sharp all the time.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He will be up, but I think he starts in AAA to show he can consistently nail his pitches. No need to crush his confidence and our bullpen if he's not going to be sharp all the time.
Then I will be able to give you guys updates, because I plan on seeing a bunch of Iron Pigs games this year! I wish I would have gone to more games last year, then I could be able to better understand the Phillies' future. But I plan on making up for it this year. Since tickets are cheap and my evenings and weekends are pretty much open, I'll probably see at least half of their home games this season...

Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Fly_EaglesFly
Rookie

Fly_EaglesFly hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kendrick's win total last year was skewed big time because of his run support. how many times did the phils win 12-7 games where he gave up 5 or 6 runs and got the win. i dont see him as the #5 this year, i think Haap/park will fill that role and kyle will either be optioned to AAA or put in the pen
Fly_EaglesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Kendrick doesn't get guys out consistently enough to be in the pen. I think he gets optioned or traded. Park or Happ will start the year as the #5 SP, but Carrasco should get the call long term.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Kendrick doesn't get guys out consistently enough to be in the pen. I think he gets optioned or traded. Park or Happ will start the year as the #5 SP, but Carrasco should get the call long term.
That is one thing I agree on 100%. He just doesn't have the velocity or the mentality to make up for lack of velocity to be successful in the pen. So I guess i should expect to see some of Kendrick this season for the Iron Pigs...if he isn't traded...

Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Cole Hamels has left Phillies camp and is flying to Philadelphia to have his sore elbow examined Tuesday by team doctors.
The Phillies were already taking things slow with Hamels this spring because he threw a career-high 227 1/3 innings last season before tossing another 35 frames in the playoffs. "We do not think it is serious, at least at this time," general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said. "We did do a physical on him before we ended up finalizing the multiyear deal with him and felt comfortable with the diagnostics and such. But he's had a little persistent soreness and we want to be cautious about it and have him checked out." Hamels has a history of elbow problems, which makes this news especially concerning for the 25-year-old ace
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHK

Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=3984854

Link to the story.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well, they don't think its serious now, I just hope it stays that way. It would be tough to lose him for any extended amount of time...

Old 03-16-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Agreed. He is getting soreness after he throws an inning, but when he throws, it doesn't hurt more or less. Not sure what that is, but with the workload from last year, it is a huge concern. Hamels isn't exactly the picture of health. He has arm troubles and back troubles, and the kid is only 25...

Old 03-17-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I like that they are being cautious. I mean its only spring, we are going to need him for the season, especially the second half and crunch time...

Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Phils demoted Kendrick to AAA and will play out the battle between Happ and Park. Marson and Brad Harman were sent to AA camp.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Doesn't seem like anything too surprising. I guess the Phils are satisfied with the catcher depth for now...

Old 03-24-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Phils have 3 MLB catchers who are good enough. Neither Coste nor Ruiz is a great hitter, but both are acceptable. Paulino is a much better hitter, but I think his ability to work with pitchers is a little less than the other 2. Still think Paulino's stick will get him the job over Coste.