Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the injuries to Bourn and Victorino (plus Werth on the DL), the Phillies are in trouble OF-wise. Dobbs was almost a nightmare in RF last night. I don't think there's anyone ready to step in in the OF. Very uncool.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Black Majic

Hopefully Bourn isnt hurt to bad. Whose the wise guy that drew up the plans for this stadium. Wow, i wasnt to happy with the Kyle Lohse addition. As a fantasy baseball player i've followed him often and nobody picks him up. He had two good years about ten years ago. I'm going to be screaming the first time he gets lit up. but im praying he doesnt. Nice addition to 2nd base. now only if he can move over to third when Chase comes back we'll finally have a complete infield. Havent had a quality 3b since scott rolen
Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
With the injuries to Bourn and Victorino (plus Werth on the DL), the Phillies are in trouble OF-wise. Dobbs was almost a nightmare in RF last night. I don't think there's anyone ready to step in in the OF. Very uncool.
Javon Moran is about it, as Greg Golson sure as hell isn't ready...if he'll ever be ready. Werthless is the only option, unless they want to bring up Chris Roberson again.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would guess Roberson will be the guy for the time being. Werth isn't great, but he's a body and can field the position. It looked to me like Bourn sprained both ankles. This is not good at all. Victorino's calf muscle pull isn't good either. Both injuries are treatable and will improve with rest. Not good.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 07-31-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we would have made a trade for an OF today. We got Mateo, which is good because our usual pitcher with a history of domestic violence is on the DL. Werth's gone 1-10 in his Class-A rehab stint thus far. Not good. Losing Victorino & Utley in the same week... We've been overcoming injuries all year, but these two might be too much. Losing out MVP and our sparkplug. AND the sparkplug's backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, here's what happened in Phillie-land.

1)-Mateo acquired for Jesus Merchan. Merchan was not much of a prospect, he was quite old for AA, so it's no real loss. Mateo was sent immediately down to AA-Reading as I believe he can't go to Ottawa; as he's not allowed out of the country.(?)

2)-Bourn and Victorino placed on 15-Day DL. ****. Chris Roberson called up. ****. Jayson Werth to be activated. ****. Greg Dobbs to start in RF? I like Dobbs bat but....****.

3)-Condrey waived outright to make room for Lohse.

So basically the Phils are 2 men short (1 bench/1 pitcher). So with Eaton on the mound, he better bring his stuff tonight.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There were no real OF's available that could be had on the cheap. It's also kind of dumb to make a desperation move now and lose prospects for a guy who won't see the light of day once Victorino and Bourn come back.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Eaton did not bring his stuff last night. I didn't expect a sweep of the Cubs in Wrigley, but a 3-1 series win would be nice. At this point, I'm praying for a split...

Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys may be in the running to sign Bobby Keilty - outrighted by the A's last week. The Red Sox are looking at him as a bench option but he may get more AB's with the Phils ie more chance to showcase himself for next year. He is a switch hitter with decent defence, able to play all 3 spots and has postseason experience... pickings are slim...
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Kielty is pretty terrible at the plate. Is it worth it to sign a guy who will not be of use in 2-3 weeks when we have Werth, Victorino, and Bourn back and playing? I'm not sure.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I feel that everytime the Marlins come to town they crush the Phillies. I hate that... they better take 2 of 3

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

This is a key series for the Phillies. The Braves and Mets aren't losing many games. The team just has to knuckle down and play ball. A sweep of the Marlins puts them solidly back in the hunt.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
This is a key series for the Phillies. The Braves and Mets aren't losing many games. The team just has to knuckle down and play ball. A sweep of the Marlins puts them solidly back in the hunt.
If they sweep the Marlins it would definitely be huge. Hopefully Burrell can stay hot.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Burrell looks to be falling off a little, which can be expected. What the Phillies need is to get healthy, then get Howard's mojo working again. Burrell should be a peripheral part of the offense.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

For some reason I have always been a Burrell fan. I dont know why, but I think if he stays hot and if Howard can stop messing around the Phillies have a good shot of sneaking in. But if Howard keeps f'n up there is no chance.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I have always liked what Burrell had the potential to become, but he has never done that for me. This stretch now is very much out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm happy he's helping to carry the team. We need more out of Wes Helms and Ruiz if this team is going to have a real chance. The bottom of the order has been killing us at times.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Going 4-2 over the next 6 games is key. We have to take 2 of 3 from the Braves.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'd settle for 4-2 over the next 6, especially with the Braves and Mets playing each other starting today.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Great win for the Phils last night. Moyer pitched awesome. Sad to see Burrells hit streak go out with window.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-08-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Looked to be a solid win from what I read. I wish the team would have saved its runs for the rest of the series. As we have agreed, minimum of 4-2 over these 6 games is paramount. Obviously, I'd prefer 6-0, but I'd settle for 4-2.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Looked to be a solid win from what I read. I wish the team would have saved its runs for the rest of the series. As we have agreed, minimum of 4-2 over these 6 games is paramount. Obviously, I'd prefer 6-0, but I'd settle for 4-2.
Yea I watched the whole game. You can just tell from watching the players body speech that they are into it, and want to make the playoffs. Everyone is real into the game. It would be great if the Braves swept the Mets and we swept the Marlins.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-08-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Not bad winning the first 2

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm very happy with the Braves taking 2 of 3 from the Mets and the Phillies sweeping the Marlins. Gain 2 on the Mets and 1 on the Braves. Pretty much ideal.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Phillies really need this win tonight. Braves took 2. We can gain and be 3 back after tonight.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Just have to keep winning. That's all that really matters at this juncture.