Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
It's also kinda dumb to assume that any citizen can discern whether or not somebody is fit to drive. The guy refused a breathalizer anyway, so for all we know, he may have blown a .07

That law is ridiculous. What's next? Are we gonna charge the brewery/distillery? The automobile manufacturer? The guy's mother for having given birth to him? What if the guy had an 8ball of heroin in his pocket? Does McNair get charged for that as well?
Yeah, he probably would.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is far too assumptive. How do we know what they did that night? Maybe dude was McNair's designated driver, but he snuck a few drinks. Not saying that happened, but it's certainly a possibility. And if McNair had been drinking, it would be tough to smell it on his buddy.
That's why these charges will probably be dropped. There's no way they can get any evidence that's not circumstantial to prove that McNair knew he was intoxicated. Even if McNair did see him drink, how would he know that he was above the legal limit?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
It's Steve McNair this is a crazy one time incident.
he already got 1 DUI
Old 05-10-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
That's why these charges will probably be dropped. There's no way they can get any evidence that's not circumstantial to prove that McNair knew he was intoxicated. Even if McNair did see him drink, how would he know that he was above the legal limit?
That's a good point. It's going to be nearly impossible for a charge like this to stand up in court, especially with the amount of money McNair has.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
he already got 1 DUI
Which makes it all the more ridiculous that he would be arrested for making a conscious effort to avoid driving drunk again. He should be applauded, imo.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
That's a good point. It's going to be nearly impossible for a charge like this to stand up in court, especially with the amount of money McNair has.
I really want to take a look at this statute now. Just for laughs.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Which makes it all the more ridiculous that he would be arrested for making a conscious effort to avoid driving drunk again. He should be applauded, imo.
I don't know about that. A better effort would be to plan ahead and get a taxi, chaffeur, or whatever. That's the main cause of DUIs in my opinion. Lack of planning. I'm all for partying hard, but I'm responsible enough to realize that I need to plan my drives before I go out.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I really want to take a look at this statute now. Just for laughs.
It would be good for a laugh I'm sure. Unfortunately, it's tough to find laws, statutes, etc. on the net, at least in my experience. I was recently trying to find out what the punishment if for assault (if the perpetrator is a minor) and I still haven't found it.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know about that. A better effort would be to plan ahead and get a taxi, chaffeur, or whatever. That's the main cause of DUIs in my opinion. Lack of planning. I'm all for partying hard, but I'm responsible enough to realize that I need to plan my drives before I go out.
Yeah, that would be ideal. You're right. But for the guy to be arrested for this when he obviously was making a conscious effort to keep from driving drunk.....
I dunno. I mean, we don't know the whole story. For all we know, McNair could have known full well that his friend was drunk. He could have been sitting in the car talking about how you're not a real man unless you can drive with 12 drinks in you. I mean, I'm not necessarily on his side, because I wasn't there. But I'm just pointing out how ill-conceived that law is.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, that would be ideal. You're right. But for the guy to be arrested for this when he obviously was making a conscious effort to keep from driving drunk.....
I dunno. I mean, we don't know the whole story. For all we know, McNair could have known full well that his friend was drunk. He could have been sitting in the car talking about how you're not a real man unless you can drive with 12 drinks in you. I mean, I'm not necessarily on his side, because I wasn't there. But I'm just pointing out how ill-conceived that law is.
Right, I agree with you. Laws like that are more often than not more trouble than they're worth. From a philosophical standpoint, it doesn't make sense.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
It would be good for a laugh I'm sure. Unfortunately, it's tough to find laws, statutes, etc. on the net, at least in my experience. I was recently trying to find out what the punishment if for assault (if the perpetrator is a minor) and I still haven't found it.
Which brings up another point. They've pretty much got a law for every little thing today. But how many citizens know about more than an obvious handful of them? Shouldn't that be a given? Shouldn't all laws be common knowledge, and easily understood by the people which they govern? Seems each state/province would at least have an up to date database on the internet somewhere. Hell, for all I know I might be breaking the law by sitting here in my boxers with the window open.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Which brings up another point. They've pretty much got a law for every little thing today. But how many citizens know about more than an obvious handful of them? Shouldn't that be a given? Shouldn't all laws be common knowledge, and easily understood by the people which they govern? Seems each state/province would at least have an up to date database on the internet somewhere. Hell, for all I know I might be breaking the law by sitting here in my boxers with the window open.
I agree completely. It is completely impossible for the average person to even begin to understand the basics of laws.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive never thought of McNair as a dumb guy. This maybe just a 1-time thing

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if he was drunk than he probably didn't realize his brother who was driving was drunk too. I won't get mad at him for being drunk but if his brother was supposed to be the designated driver then you got issues there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda off topic, but it's time like these when I like the Jaguars being obscure from the national media. We've had nearly as many arrests as the Bengals, yet no body gives a wink at it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I want to know is why does he drive a 2003 Dodge pickup when he's got millions of dollars?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
What I want to know is why does he drive a 2003 Dodge pickup when he's got millions of dollars?
Not everybody feels the need to be flashy. Plus, he's a country boy at heart. At least that's the impression I get.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's his DUI car. Something inexpensive that he can write-off. Plus, it'll hold up well in an accident. ;)
Old 05-10-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Troy Polamalu drives a 2004 Kia Spectra.

not everyone gets pulled into the "We need a $15 Million dollar home and $4,000,000 car."

Troy Bought a house in Ligonier, PA for like $320k..

He's my favorite player because he's a star and he's not a complete ass, I met him at camp and he's an awesome guy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how some people here think a DUI isn't a big deal.

Drunk drivers = scum bags.

Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL : 05-10-2007 at 07:38 PM.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's his DUI car. Something inexpensive that he can write-off. Plus, it'll hold up well in an accident. ;)
Try harder.. That wasn't funny.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Troy Polamalu drives a 2004 Kia Spectra.

not everyone gets pulled into the "We need a $15 Million dollar home and $4,000,000 car."

Troy Bought a house in Ligonier, PA for like $320k..

He's my favorite player because he's a star and he's not a complete ass, I met him at camp and he's an awesome guy.
He probably thinks he's still at USC...
Old 05-10-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I like how some people here think a DUI isn't a big deal. He should get suspended.

Drunk drivers = scum bags. I lost a a lot of respect for McNair over this.
I like how some people here fail to explore the facts before posting. McNair was not driving drunk. And whoever said that DUI was no big deal?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I like how some people here think a DUI isn't a big deal.

Drunk drivers = scum bags.
Couldn't agree more!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like how some people here fail to explore the facts before posting. McNair was not driving drunk. And whoever said that DUI was no big deal?
But he allowed a friend to drive drunk and got in the car with a drunk driver, he is an idiot!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote