Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller wouldn't let friends drive drunk.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
This is true, Kyle Boller is smart and realizes he is an NFL player and he takes a cab or gets a limo.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Kyle Boller doesn't have friends. Except for that piece of armcandy he bought.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
But he allowed a friend to drive drunk and got in the car with a drunk driver, he is an idiot!
Perhaps. But how do we really know how all that went down? How do you know that he "let" his brother in law drive drunk? How do you even know that his brother in law WAS drunk. And if McNair was drunk, then why would we expect him to be fully capable of policing his brother? Don't you think it's ridiculous to just assume that everything went down the way you imagine it in your head?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller is the Ambassador of Hope for the NFL. and Talent.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Perhaps. But how do we really know how all that went down? How do you know that he "let" his brother in law drive drunk? How do you even know that his brother in law WAS drunk. And if McNair was drunk, then why would we expect him to be fully capable of policing his brother? Don't you think it's ridiculous to just assume that everything went down the way you imagine it in your head?

Well his brother got a DUI so he was drunk, its very easy to police friends who are tryin to drive drunk. No I dont think that is ridiculous at all.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Last edited by EdReedUnstoppable : 05-10-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kyle Boller is the Ambassador of Hope for the NFL. and Talent.
More like th ambassador of fumbling atleast 1 snap a game and tripping over his feet once a game also.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Well his brother got a DUI so he was drunk, its very easy to police friends who are tryin to drive drunk. No I dont I think that is ridiculous at all.
It's erroneous to state as fact that just because he got a DUI, that he was actually above the legal limit. He refused the breathalyzer, so that's where the DUI charge comes in. Is it likely that he was actually above the legal limit? Yes, I think it's reasonable to assume that. But it is not fact. And no, it is not necessarily easy to police people who are attempting to drive drunk. There is no reason for us to assume that McNair was even aware of his brothers intoxication level. Also, it is unreasonable to expect a person who is drunk themselves, to police the actions of others who are in the same state of mind. Sounds to me as though McNair had been drinking himself. If it is illegal to drive drunk because the level of impairment negatively affects judgment and reaction time, then why would we expect a person who is drunk to be able to police others?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys know sleddogs are huskies?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no reason for us to assume that McNair was even aware of his brothers intoxication level.
i don't know about everyone else, but i've seen people do really good impressions of acting sober.

and title... nice change from favre and mcnair being homeboys. sorry. i might be the only one who thought your original post was rather funny

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i don't know about everyone else, but i've seen people do really good impressions of acting sober.

and title... nice change from favre and mcnair being homeboys. sorry. i might be the only one who thought your original post was rather funny
Exactly. I've known plenty of people who are functioning alcoholics that do a great job of hiding it. That's just one of many reasons why McNair should not be punished for another man's actions.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see where the law is coming from - if you knowingly allow someone who you know is intoxicated to drive your car, you should be punished. It is a little vague and open to debate, but I think it's one of those "prove you didn't know" rather than "prove that he did know" kind of laws, because if you were out together drinking, the law shouldn't have to prove you looked over, saw him drink, and then handed him the keys knowingly, that would be impossible.

I'm not sure it should be treated as a DUI though. Anyway I doubt he gets in much trouble, from the law or the NFL.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ERU... I'm pulling for you and Boller Mania haha
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I can see where the law is coming from - if you knowingly allow someone who you know is intoxicated to drive your car, you should be punished. It is a little vague and open to debate, but I think it's one of those "prove you didn't know" rather than "prove that he did know" kind of laws, because if you were out together drinking, the law shouldn't have to prove you looked over, saw him drink, and then handed him the keys knowingly, that would be impossible.

I'm not sure it should be treated as a DUI though. Anyway I doubt he gets in much trouble, from the law or the NFL.
So you subscribe to the whole guilty until proven innocent school of thought huh? The onus of proof should ALWAYS be on the prosecution. No matter the charge.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as the law goes, I think it is more of a deterrent than anything. I guess the lawmakers there felt the whole 'friends don't let friends drive drunk' campaign wasn't effective enough. I'm guessing it is there just to hassle the guy that lets someone else drive drunk so that next time the individual is in a situation where they need a driver, they will be more likely to think about the consequences. I actually like it assuming that McNair dosn't get into much trouble, he should get community service at most.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
As far as the law goes, I think it is more of a deterrent than anything. I guess the lawmakers there felt the whole 'friends don't let friends drive drunk' campaign wasn't effective enough. I'm guessing it is there just to hassle the guy that lets someone else drive drunk so that next time the individual is in a situation where they need a driver, they will be more likely to think about the consequences. I actually like it assuming that McNair dosn't actually get into much trouble, he should get community service at most.
Yeah, I'm all for anything that will get drunk drivers off the road. Within reason. I think they're taking it too far with this though. I'd rather see them require automobile manufacturers to install a breathalizer-ignition device. That wouldn't be perfect, but at least we wouldn't be punishing innocent people.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm all for anything that will get drunk drivers off the road. Within reason. I think they're taking it too far with this though. I'd rather see them require automobile manufacturers to install a breathalizer-ignition device. That wouldn't be perfect, but at least we wouldn't be punishing innocent people.
I don't think that the brethalizer-ignition device would do anything because someone could just blow it for them (pun intended) and innocent people would get mad if it didn't work and they had to breath into some thing every time they get in a vehicle. It could be unsanitary for them if multiple people use a car and it could take a while (I don't know how long it takes for a breathalizer to process the air but I'm sure it takes longer than just putting a key in the ignition or now pushing a button.)
Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I don't think that the brethalizer-ignition device would do anything because someone could just blow it for them (pun intended) and innocent people would get mad if it didn't work and they had to breath into some thing every time they get in a vehicle. It could be unsanitary for them if multiple people use a car and it could take a while (I don't know how long it takes for a breathalizer to process the air but I'm sure it takes longer than just putting a key in the ignition or now pushing a button.)
Yeah, I agree with a lot of that. Although there are ways around some of your concerns. I was just saying that I would be much more in favor of something as extreme as that, before I would advocate arresting an innocent man.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has it been forgotten my support of Kyle Boller? Do I need to bump up the Kyle Boller Coalition thread in the team thread so peeps know?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Has it been forgotten my support of Kyle Boller? Do I need to bump up the Kyle Boller Coalition thread in the team thread so peeps know?
No one cares, the Coalition is so ***.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller is my homeboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is a little vague and open to debate, but I think it's one of those "prove you didn't know" rather than "prove that he did know" kind of laws, because if you were out together drinking, the law shouldn't have to prove you looked over, saw him drink, and then handed him the keys knowingly, that would be impossible.
You assume that he handed him the keys after they the drinking, rather than before they went out in the first place. I know that when I get voted into being designated driver I like to use my mates good car over my heap of junk and he is normally cool with that. I get the keys at the start of the night, if I were to drink during the night, I would still have the keys, he wouldn't be giving them to me knowing I was drunk.

Personally, the whole law is stupid, imo. You cant punish a guy for someone else choosing to DUI, I mean McNair(I assume he was drunk) made the decision not to drink drive, I dont see how you can punish a guy for that just because he owns the car.

Lets assume that someone is driving their mum or dads car and they are drink driving, are the parents punishable because they let their kid drive their car even though the parents arent even there and didnt know that their kid was going to DUI in the car? How far does this law stretch? Should it still be used if a person is 3 times the limit lets a guy that is 2 times the limit drive instead. It is infact a responsible action, but still allowing a drunk driver to use your car.

Stupid law in short.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kinda suprising, I didn't think he was much of a drinker.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
ERU... I'm pulling for you and Boller Mania haha
You shouldn't be pulling for Bollermania because Bollermania is the nail in the coffin of every AFC North team other than the Ravens!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-11-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm stoked to see you're still pulling for boller. i was basically alone in defending him while you were gone.
Well Im certainly not gonna turn on Kyle for some rent-a-titan in McNair.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999