Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
When you've been banned from the NFL for a year and your future as a freeman is in question because of an event at a strip club, you'd probably think going to another one before a meeting with the league commisioner is a bad idea.

Would you wear this to court if you were on trial for prostituting women?
Only if I had a bottle of baby powder in my pocket for slapping purposes.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
He stay fly, no lie, you know this, BALLLLLINNNN'!!!
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Not a big deal....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The guy clearly has the IQ of a rock.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry...it became a sin to go to the strip club the night before a meeting um...when?

Does no one see anything wrong with the media actually making something out of this?

Does no one think it's kind of pathetic that this guys is being ripped apart AGAIN because he went to the STRIP CLUB? Why? Cause he had an important meeting the next day? Do you know what he did at this club that makes this move so vile?

Anyway, have fun on your high horses. It must be fun to be able to judge someone with so little info.

Nothing even happened...but all of us know 'ol Pac Man...there was DEFINITELY something evil happening that night.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it seems people are missing the point. the point is not that he should be in trouble for going to a strip club, but that he might as well have walked into goodell's office, slapped him and walked back out. it's complete disrespect and looks from the outside like all pacman's talk about "changing" is utter and compelte BS. if he wanted to have any chance of playing ball this year, that was a moronic decision no matter how you feel about strip clubs.
He should have tooted his own horn instead of going to the club.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I'm sorry...it became a sin to go to the strip club the night before a meeting um...when?

Does no one see anything wrong with the media actually making something out of this?

Does no one think it's kind of pathetic that this guys is being ripped apart AGAIN because he went to the STRIP CLUB? Why? Cause he had an important meeting the next day? Do you know what he did at this club that makes this move so vile?

Anyway, have fun on your high horses. It must be fun to be able to judge someone with so little info.

Nothing even happened...but all of us know 'ol Pac Man...there was DEFINITELY something evil happening that night.
You're missing the point, and it's already been explained in this thread (see njx's post right above this).
Old 05-10-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it seems people are missing the point. the point is not that he should be in trouble for going to a strip club, but that he might as well have walked into goodell's office, slapped him and walked back out. it's complete disrespect and looks from the outside like all pacman's talk about "changing" is utter and compelte BS. if he wanted to have any chance of playing ball this year, that was a moronic decision no matter how you feel about strip clubs.
I'm sorry...but this is for going to the strip club where NOTHING happened.

The only reason this is even a story is because the American media is absolutely pathetic, and fans are bored and dying for news.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Read the post directly above yours
Old 05-10-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm sorry...but this is for going to the strip club where NOTHING happened.

The only reason this is even a story is because the American media is absolutely pathetic, and fans are bored and dying for news.
Or it might be because:

-Pacman was in trouble for incidents that happened at a strip club
-Pacman was in New York to have a meeting about his future in the league because of the strip club incident
-Pacman is supposedly a changed man and is changing his habits to stay away from trouble
Old 05-10-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Over / Under 5 on how many FUPAs Pacman saw.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot wait until Tank Johnson goes out to the firing range before he meets with Goodell...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Over / Under 5 on how many FUPAs Pacman saw.

farting under pelican's asses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or it might be because:

-Pacman was in New York to have a meeting about his future in the league because of the strip club incident
-Pacman is supposedly a changed man and is changing his habits to stay away from trouble
-That he was hardly involved in.
-Congratulations on restating your first argument, so I will again, that he was only peripherally involved in.
-Strip clubs /= trouble.

Horrible arguments Moses, and usually I like what you ahve to say. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
-Congratulations on restating your first argument, so I will again, that he was only peripherally involved in.
-Strip clubs /= trouble.

Horrible arguments Moses, and usually I like what you ahve to say. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.
Hardly involved in? That is laughable.

Quote:
Feburary 16-18, 2007, during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones is alleged to have been involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at a local strip club. According to the club's co-owner, Jones approached the stage with a garbage bag filled with approximately $81,000[5] in one-dollar bills. Jones proceeded to throw the money into the air over the exotic dancers for a dramatic effect, an act known as "making it rain". Becoming enraged when one of the dancers began taking the money without his permission, Jones grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people, during which time Jones allegedly bit the guard on the lower leg. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[6] After the patrons of the club exited, the club owner says a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. Although the guard was shot twice, one of the people hit, former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski, was paralyzed from the waist down.[7] Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did.[8] On March 26, 2007 the Las Vegas Police recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a misdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life. [9].
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Or it might be because:

Ooook....

So the significance of THIS visit in which NOTHING happened is....?

I'd say he changed. He went to a strip club and nothing happened.

Except of course, the prick media and the idiots who love to read and judge would LOVE to turn this into something it isn't.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ooook....

So the significance of THIS visit in which NOTHING happened is....?

I'd say he changed. He went to a strip club and nothing happened.

Except of course, the prick media and the idiots who love to read and judge would LOVE to turn this into something it isn't.
It's the image it projects. How do you guys not understand that? If you're on trial for beating up a stripper and being involved in a shooting in a strip club, it reflects terribly on you to go to a strip club before your meeting with the person you're on trial with.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
-Strip clubs /= trouble.

Right, he did nothing wrong. We've established that. But the fact is that he is basically telling Roger Goodell where his loyalty lies. And it's not with his organization. If he really wants to play in the NFL, then he's gonna have to make some sacrifices. That's just how it is. Whether it's fair or not is another discussion. But there is definitely something wrong with what he did, from the perspective of the NFL. Not legally or morally or any other thing. It just reflects extremely poorly on himself, and indicates that he really just doesn't see the big picture of what's going on around him right now. He's basically taking the little amount of rope he has left, and trying his best to make a noose out of it.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Right, he did nothing wrong. We've established that. But the fact is that he is basically telling Roger Goodell where his loyalty lies. And it's not with his organization. If he really wants to play in the NFL, then he's gonna have to make some sacrifices. That's just how it is. Whether it's fair or not is another discussion. But there is definitely something wrong with what he did, from the perspective of the NFL. Not legally or morally or any other thing. It just reflects extremely poorly on himself, and indicates that he really just doesn't see the big picture of what's going on around him right now. He's basically taking the little amount of rope he has left, and trying his best to make a noose out of it.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, imagine if he was late for the meeting cuz he was at the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moses your arguments may have some validity or may not but the sheer fact that this argument is on going is sickening. So he went to a strip club, is that the end of the world? I guess you also believe that since Joey Porter had an incident with Levi Jones at a casino that he should have to avoid casinos altogether? Players are human and have the right to visit these establishments and that should not have any merit on their employment. Obviously you dislike Pacman but in your rational the only place he should be other then with the team is in church so as not to get into trouble. Yes him going to a strip club the night before his meeting may have been a poor choice but the bottomline is he did not have any incidents as a result and therefore its really a none issue. This isn't a story and its pathetic that the media is making one out of it.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Moses your arguments may have some validity or may not but the sheer fact that this argument is on going is sickening. So he went to a strip club, is that the end of the world? I guess you also believe that since Joey Porter had an incident with Levi Jones at a casino that he should have to avoid casinos altogether? Players are human and have the right to visit these establishments and that should not have any merit on their employment. Obviously you dislike Pacman but in your rational the only place he should be other then with the team is in church so as not to get into trouble. Yes him going to a strip club the night before his meeting may have been a poor choice but the bottomline is he did not have any incidents as a result and therefore its really a none issue. This isn't a story and its pathetic that the media is making one out of it.
Thank you.

It's amazing how judgemental people are though. You'd think Jones is the spawn of Satan the way people talk about him. One of the first posts in this thread was how he wouldn't live past 30.

It's disgusting.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if he continues at this pace with his loose associations with hoodlums and Tupac wannabe's somone will off Pacman. Becuase pacman's pal's offed one of someones boys. I got like 7 years, and so far he hasn't proven me wrong. One, strip club right before an important meeting, two, APPEALING a SUSPENSION he deserves. He has the right to appeal, but be a real man so you did wrong and deal wiht the consequences. The guy is a scumbag. once he cures cancer I'll give him respect.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 05-10-2007 at 08:44 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Ideally, yes. I would agree. But the NFL doesn't, and Pacman should know that.

Here's an analogy- Say you're on probation for a drug charge. Would you park your car out in front of a crack house to walk to the store, knowing that your P.O. lived right across the street? I mean, that isn't the best analogy but it gets the point across I think.

I mean, say you got caught cheating on your wife and she vowed to cut your balls off if it ever happened again. Would you leave your mistresses panties in the laundry basket? Regardless of whether you cheated or were just doing her a favor- it's a very dumb thing to do.

Everybody should always be aware of the image they portray. Especially to those they care about. Fact is, he disrespected Goodell and the NFL. I'm not saying I think he did anything wrong in my eyes, I'm just trying to point out how the NFL is likely viewing the whole thing. Which is all that really matters as far as Pacman is concerned. Bottom line is that if he really cares about his future with the NFL, it was in incredibly dumb thing to do.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Ideally, yes. I would agree. But the NFL doesn't, and Pacman should know that.

Here's an analogy- Say you're on probation for a drug charge. Would you park your car out in front of a crack house to walk to the store, knowing that your P.O. lived right across the street? I mean, that isn't the best analogy but it gets the point across I think.

I mean, say you got caught cheating on your wife and she vowed to cut your balls off if it ever happened again. Would you leave your mistresses panties in the laundry basket? Regardless of whether you cheated or were just doing her a favor- it's a very dumb thing to do.

Everybody should always be aware of the image they portray. Especially to those they care about. Fact is, he disrespected Goodell and the NFL. I'm not saying I think he did anything wrong in my eyes, I'm just trying to point out how the NFL is likely viewing the whole thing. Which is all that really matters as far as Pacman is concerned. Bottom line is that if he really cares about his future with the NFL, it was in incredibly dumb thing to do.
How is it disrespect?

How many of us would have even known about it if it didn't appear in the newspaper? Who actually believes at the NFL gives a damn if he spent some time in a strip club completely event free as long as he wasn't late for the meeting?