Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Could Sean Taylor be traded?

Hear me out guy's. He is a great player, but also a little bit of a head case... Now he's not showing up to workouts, the U guy's never do and also saying he wants a new contract!!!

When LL gets his Taylor going to be mad!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866881
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
buckeyes12
Rookie

buckeyes12 needs more cowbell.

good, i hope they trade him. not happening though. They think they have the best safety-combo in football but the fact is that their both unproven.
buckeyes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it happens, but it's a possibility. Landry is a pretty similar style of safety to Taylor, they don't have a centerfielder type. Maybe Landry is an insurance policy in case Taylor doesn't work out, but I expect it will take a little more than him not going to OPTIONAL workouts before they trade him.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why? he the best player on that team, might be behind Portis, with the money that Was is spending on FA couldnt they spend it on there superstars instead?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Redskins could really get proper value for Taylor (late first round pick, IMO), but if they wanted to trade him, now is probably the time. It is possible that a team like Houston or Tennessee would want him for his playmaking abilities in the secondary. Dallas would also want him, but there's no way the Skins send him to Dallas. Yes, Gibbs is unhappy, but they won't get value or even usable players for Taylor now, and there's no chance for the team to replace him in the lineup.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I don't think the Redskins could really get proper value for Taylor (late first round pick, IMO), but if they wanted to trade him, now is probably the time. It is possible that a team like Houston or Tennessee would want him for his playmaking abilities in the secondary. Dallas would also want him, but there's no way the Skins send him to Dallas. Yes, Gibbs is unhappy, but they won't get value or even usable players for Taylor now, and there's no chance for the team to replace him in the lineup.
Tennessee drafted Michael Griffin and they have Hope... I am sure they aren't going to take risks on guys like Taylor anymore with what happened to Pacman.

I doubt he gets traded, but you never know he could be turning into the T.O. of defense if that is a stretch. But yeah him and Landry are basically the same type of player so maybe the Skins saw this coming...

Trade him to the Bears maybe?? Mike Brown is always hurt and they could get a draft pick and Alex Brown in the deal to help solidify the D-Line.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dangit! I forgot about Griffin. Nevermind about Tennessee.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he could be traded. hopefully to the bengals. williams-taylor would be sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Would the Bengals trade a 2008 first rounder for Taylor right now, knowing they'd have to give him a new contract?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Would the Bengals trade a 2008 first rounder for Taylor right now, knowing they'd have to give him a new contract?
no, becuase we never do anything big like that. but id be well up for it. good trade to me, and it would make us legitimate superbowl contenders

Quote:
who dey?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think the Redskins would get rid of Sean Taylor. They just got his partner in crime n the draft Laundry. They could have the best Safety duo in the league down the road. I know he has had some off the field incidents, but on the field he's one hell of a player. I just don't see the Redskins getting rid of him.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love him on miami.

Put him in our secondary and we have the best defense in football. It would be scary with our linebackers and him.

But that is a pipe dream to consider happening
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could never see Taylor on the Bengals, not with the problems they've had. I don't think he's going anywhere.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I could never see Taylor on the Bengals, not with the problems they've had. I don't think he's going anywhere.
i know. but im just saying i would love to see him in black and orange

Quote:
who dey?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins would be the dumbest team in football. They would be trading arguably the most talented player in the NFL, who is just coming into his own. He wants a new contract because he's good. Gibbs should know all former Miami players work out separately in the off-season.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just curious, what is everyone's opinion on how good of a player Sean Taylor has been in the NFL? Is he a legitimate top 5 safety in the league?
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

could happen, but unlikely b/c the team who trades for him is going to have to give up a pretty penny. He is a legit top 5 safety in the league and is the best intimidator over the middle outside of roy williams. Skins will want draft picks so if it happens it'll be really soon or end of the year.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumb thread there is a 0% chance he is gonna be traded he is just protesting for a new contract. And for those who say all U players train in Miami only 2 skins haven't showed up to OTA's that's Sean and Shawn. All U guys Clinton, Santana, and Rocky have been up here the whole time. Only problem I have with Sean is that he hasn't contacted the skins at all as far as they know he could be at the bottom of a lake right now. But he is not gonna be traded, they drafted Landry for Sean and Sean will be here once the real camps start. Unless Carolina is offering us Julius Peppers, Sean is going nowhere.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Briggs for Sean Taylor would be a good trade for both partys
Old 05-11-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Lance Briggs for Sean Taylor would be a good trade for both partys
That would be awful for the Skins. We have zero need for LB and give up the heart and soul of our defense, please.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Phrost

I hope, For them at least. Having two safeties that are suspect in pass coverage IS NOT GOOD!
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default mehh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I hope, For them at least. Having two safeties that are suspect in pass coverage IS NOT GOOD!
Taylor isn't that bad in coverage. I certainly wouldn't call him a liability in coverage. It isn't his strength, but he still covers guys better than a lot of safety's in the league.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's lays monster hits.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor is just too aggressive to ever be as good of a cover guy as he should. It's the way he plays, and I think that was the problem with the Redskins defense last year (and the fact that they couldn't stop the run worth s***)
Old 05-12-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

There is no way that Taylor is being traded. We have the cap space to give him anything he wants, plus the offseason. We pretty much shafted him with his rookie contract, and now it's time for his big bucks. The FO is getting the Landry deal done first, then dealing with Taylor.

I would be shocked if ST actually showed up to VOLUNTARY OTA's.

Gibbs didn't seem worried about it in his interview. He did seem worried about Springs though, that is a greater possibility.