Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I effin' love Burfict. ILB looks like it'll stay a need, and possibly an even bigger one if Tully leaves in the postponed FA and we have to move Will Witherspoon inside this season.

The "meh" I have about the last 4 rounds is counteracted by the excitement I have over the first 3. Still miffed about no G/C, but the value just wasn't there. Hoping for some UDFA pickups.
Starting with

Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been watching film on our prospects. Pleasntly suprised that Zach Clayton has the fastest first step on the entire Auburn defensive line, and thats including Fairley.

I'm starting the hype train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My full scouting report on Zach Clayton

Positives-
Terrific first step
Hustles
Good awareness
Pushes Pocket
Good against run and plays better in tighter spaces

Negatives-

Plays too tall
Pushes pocket, but has trouble getting off blocks to get to the QB
looks clumsy in space.
Straight ahead athlete.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Byron Stingily-

Positives-
Looks the part, huge arms.. solid build.
Gets to the second level in a hurry.
Can finish when he gets engaged.
Has a nice punch

Negatives-
Has a tendency to charge players with his head down causing him to wiff.
Plays better against size than speed.
Needs to learn to get lower on LBers and stop bending at the waist when attacking them. (doesn't have this problem with bigger athletes)

Can't really tell how he is as a pass protection as I am using Bilal Powell tape. My guess though is he is going to be better against bigger slower D-lineman and may struggle with smaller faster ones. Like him more as a guard than a tackle. Raw technique.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Karl Klug-

Positives-
Does a good job of getting away from cut blocks
High motor and does a good job of always pursing football.
Makes plays even after being beat because of motor.
Really takes advantage of bad technique.
Does his best to take on as many O-lineman as possible to free his teammates up.
Great hands and rarely gets engaged while 1 on 1.
Does a nice job rushing on twists and stunts.
Holds ground against run.

Negatives-
Short arms make it hard for him to get off once engaged.
Not good against double teams.
Doesn't get a good push inside.
Will struggle against players with good technique.

like this guy @ DE on run downs and inside on passing downs if you get creative with him.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

How come everyone releases jersey numbers except us? I WANTZ TO KNOW!

Quote:
Old 05-07-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this lock out **** wtfffff
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what the depth chart will end up looking like, even with eventual FA signings...

QB: Vet FA, Jake Locker, Rusty Smith
RB: Chris Johnson, Javon Ringer, Jamie Harper
FB: Ahmard Hall, Jamie Harper
WR: Kenny Britt, Justin Gage
WR: Nate Washington, Lavelle Hawkins
Slot: Damian Williams, Marc Mariani
TE: Jared Cook, Craig Stevens, Vet FA
LT: Michael Roos, Troy Kropog, Byron Stingily
LG: Leroy Harris, Fernando Velasco
C: Eugene Amano, Fernando Velasco, Kevin Matthews
RG: Jake Scott, Fernando Velasco
RT: David Stewart, MIKE ******* OTTO

RE: Derrick Morgan, William Hayes, Jacob Ford
NT: Jurrell Casey, Vet FA, Zach Clayton
UT: Tony Brown, Jason Jones, Sen'Derrick Marks
LE: Jason Jones, Dave Ball, Karl Klug
WLB: Will Witherspoon, Rennie Curran, Colin McCarthy
MIKE: Stephen Tulloch, Spoon/McRath
SLB: Gerald McRath, Akeem Ayers (3rd down), Colin McCarthy
CB: Cortland Finnegan, Jason McCourty, Ryan Mouton
CB: Alterraun Verner, Vet FA, Vincent Fuller(NB)
FS: Michael Griffin, Robert Johnson
SS: Chris Hope, Nick Schommer, Donnie Nickey

Some guys backing up or playing multiple positions. I'd like to bring in another CB and NT in FA. Maybe a 3rd TE. I'm curious about DE, and if guys like Hall Davis and Pannel Egboh can make the team. If Babin comes back, he won't start. He'll be a pure 3rd down pass-rusher. If Tully doesn't come back, I assume Spoon or McRath will play MLB. My money would be on McRath, since Spoon/McRath/Ayers would probably put our best group of LB's on the field. I think Ayers rotates in a lot to rush the passer. Harper could compete for some playing time too, since he has some WCO FB abilities in him as well as being a power RB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and P.S., I want Chad Johnson.

Just gonna put that out there.

Take it. Leave it. It's all good.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Justin Gage and Ryan Mouton gone yesterday.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at the potential free agent safeties and non of them are that good besides Tanard Jackson :/ and he gets back from suspension Sept. 22nd. Another year of Chris Hope hopefully one of young safeties steps it up. I hope Kevin Matthews starts and follows in the foot steps of all the great Matthews.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I want Justin Gage and Ryan Mouton gone yesterday.
I routinely forget both are on the team.

I'd love Tanard Jackson, if he's available. Dude's a baller. And lets not forget about Robert Johnson...because he's still there. Oh yes. He is on the roster alright.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Schommer and Rusty Smith can go too.

Also, who the hell is Byron Stingley?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Nick Schommer and Rusty Smith can go too.

Also, who the hell is Byron Stingley?
The OT we drafted when we should have gone G/C.

Doughie thinks he can play LG tho, and that's what I was hoping when we took him.

Also the name of a jazz musician.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Damn. The pick made so much of an impact on me I forgot it a week later. lol

I think the shock is starting to pass and I'm slowly starting to realize we won't be taking Luck next year. If that's the case I'm thinking David DeCastro is my favorite pick for us next year. Either that or a stud ILB.

Kind of bummed that the two strongest positions in next years draft (QB and LB) also happened to be our first two picks this year.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is who i want the Titans to draft.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, that one was punch worthy.

DeCastro and Burfict are two of my favorite upcoming players, and you and Complex already mentioned them! BROTHERS!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:09 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...-moment,20269/

Am I the only one who went, "Holy **** it's Jason Babin's mixed brother?"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Eddie George to the College Football Hall of Fame!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohhhhh Vontaze Burfict

Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope cook gets a legit chance to shine this year i know ive been saying this ever since we drafted him but i am still really amped to see what he can do in a full time roll
Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ideally, I think Cook could be for Jake Locker what Jermichael Finley is for Aaron Rodgers. Worst case is probably Troupe for McNair. But as far as Joker TE measurables, all three are off the charts. Shame Troupe has the IQ of a coconut.

Also, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Is it weird I shivered a little when I read the name Troupe?

I had half a mind to go to the players' workout this morning at MBA and try to get some interviews. Too bad it's summer and I'm lazy. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

On a positive note, Troupe was a badass on Madden.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.