Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I am going off potential, what I am saying is these are the guys that should be making a difference but they aren't for their different reasons. I just hate seeing all the potential we have got and the ability guys have shown, just to at the moment have nothing from them and nothing to show for it. I was simply saying that these are the guys who have done, or have the potential and ability to make a big impact for the team.

On a positive note...watching the Music City Miracle on DVD, god damn I miss Brad Hopkins, Benji Olson, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Craig Hentritch, Derrick Mason, Lorenzo Neal, Samari Rolle, Keith Bulluck and Javon Kearse. They are the men I fell in love with all those years ago.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Kenny Britt.

Also thanks for the depressing post about us having no impact players Pit, but its true. At Least for the future I think Akeem Ayers and Jurrell Casey are going to be very good players and Jake Locker certainly has the talent to be something really special..but as you said, we don't really know. I really wish our run D was good enough so that we could play ATV more at nickle, because I truly believe he is a play maker...not a impact corner like Charles Woodson, but a guy that jumps routes as good as anyone.Mainly I wish CJ would return to his old self, its the only thing that can turn us around at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving to DE has hurt JJ. He's a mismatch on the inside with his length and athleticism. At DE, he's facing OL's who have the same and are more athletic than the C's and OG's he used to face.

I loved Morgan coming out. He was my favorite fit for us. But that was then Washburn was here and we were running the 1-gap attacker, with a good amount of stunting. Morgan was the best stunter of the top three DE's, and he would have had success in our attacking scheme, as opposed to the read 'n react scheme at GaTech. He played well early on, but he's trailed off. The whole DL has, in fact.

Ayers is a SLB. Just based on the position, odds are he's not going to be a splash player unless he's the best at his position. Name a current game changing 4-3 SLB? Chad Greenway, Brian Cushing, and... that's all I got. Unless they start blitzing Ayers more, I'm not sure we can expect too much. Especially when he's being taken out in the Nickel.

I think Casey is our NT of the future. Ya'll see him run down Foster the other day? Dude looked like a humongous LB. Karl Klug has played well for his draft selection, but I don't think he's the answer for UT. He's definitely a #3 DT rotation guy, which is just as good. I think he and Jason Jones should be manning this spot for the long term. I think UT should be JJ's primary position, but he's like Justin Tuck and needs to be moved all over.

I think we have impact CB's. Finnegan and ATV have had game-changing moments. McCourty is pretty quiet, but most man-coverage CB's are.

Griffin is the defensive player I'm most disappointed in. Him and CJ should both be playing like franchise players. But Griffin still bites on playaction. He still takes bad angles. He still miscommunicates on coverage handoffs. And his tackling is still halfass. Oh, and Jonathan Banineaux is just a role player. If he was starting caliber or worthy of playing time, then Seattle would have re-signed him. But they didn't. A horrible team let him leave. And if not for a few gimme interceptions, we'd be all over him right now. Good backup, and I'm glad he's here since we've had injuriezzzzz. But there's a reason he's the backup behind an aging Chris Hope.

I'm not sure Jared Cook will ever be used to his potential...which is disappointing. There will never be a time that we need Cook to be productive more than now.

And I'm kinda with Steph on getting Locker involved. I wanna see some bootleg packages for Locker. We got a young guy with a cannon for an arm who can outrun most LB's. Take a page out of Houston's book. They had a formation/play where the entire OL would immediately head right when blocking, and Schaub would fake the run with the play-action. He's then throw it to a TE or WR coming around from the other side. That's PERFECT for Locker and Cook. Plus, the bootleg threat may open up lanes for CJ. So we can run and pass out of it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its Locker time quite yet, and I don't blame Hass for much of what happend against Houston. Hard to make chicken salad with chicken ****.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson set the yards from scrimmage record just two years ago. What the hell has happened? He's gonna get better... right guys? I don't wanna live in this world anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 2000 yard season ruined him, it has affected every player to ever reach it.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
I think the 2000 yard season ruined him, it has affected every player to ever reach it.
I expect that to have it's effect on his longevity, but I figured it'd hit him like a ton of bricks when he's 29 or 30. Definitely not a year and a half later, but if it is, it's a shock he's even able to stay healthy and injury free.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Some people have gone on with good careers (Dickerson), but he never posted the explosive totals of year 1/2. But the likes of Jamal Lewis just fell apart.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Anyone else think that it would be kinda bitter-sweet to lose against the Colts? I'm not saying I dont want us to win, because Id like nothing more. But I can't say preventing the colts from getting Luck is a completely terrible thing.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Klug, Verner and Casey= <3

This game was nasty.. but I'm gunna be positive today.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Luck will be a Colt I am pretty sure.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey is really good, and even so, appears to be getting better by the week.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Yup, I recall most of titans fans on here thought he was the best pick in our draft. We were not mistaken, per usual.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish I could say the same for Damian Williams. Although, he has looked better the past couple weeks
Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

After watching some CJ lowlights on NFLN, I'm wondering if Roos or Stewart have set the edge once all season.

I mean, you could tell Amano, Harris, and Scott are bad. Amano and Harris were missing blocks or not even making contact, and Scott looked like he knew what he was doing but couldn't stay on his feet.

But even Roos and Stewart have been unimpressive.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Anyone see how Karl Klug got his sack? T'was sexy.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Better yet! I got to listen to it on the radio! That Mike Keith makes my knees weak.

Oh, and I was totally driving by the stadium when they blocked the punt and McCourty recovered it for the TD! I heard the call on the radio just as the stadium came into view, and whooosh-BOOM! Fireworks!!! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off topic, but... Which one of you mofos is 'IAmMikeHamilton' on VN?

My guess is Doughie since you found me in an MTSU thread.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I don't have an account on VolNation, or any message board besides SWDC for that matter.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then I am befuddled.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I can only handle VolNation in very small doses. I like reading the boards from time to time but holy **** some of the posters there make me want to kill someone.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Oddly enough, I'm beginning to feel the exact same about SWDC. I try not to stray far from the off topic thread and our discussions about the tits.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I know a few of the other posters are kinda annoyed by some of the newer posters or quality of content around here, but to be honest, I'll take the trolls like Breed and a few Happy Jack threads over the guys on here who take themselves way too seriously.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

/thread.....

srsly.

Quote: