Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasselbeck disappearing in the 2nd Half and nonexistant pass-rush (although the Bengals OL was holding most of the game, and probably was only called for half of it, especially on guys like Klug) really did us in.

When will they start blitzing Ayers? It's why he was a 1st RD value. Do what you drafted him to do. Set the edge and get after the QB.

Someone get an missing persons report out on Will Witherspoon, and while you're at it, frame Ruud for a bank robbery.

We have no one behind Morgan and JJ. No one.

Oh, and GODDAMIT LEROY!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Ball trying to set the edge is full of LOLZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without re-watching the game, and without the benefit of seeing the whole field due to TV camera angles, I'll say that it felt like Hasselbeck really **** the bed in the 2nd half and left alot of plays on the field.

He's not the problem with this team, not by a long shot, but he seemed to be off, with the exception of the 2nd quarter.

As always, 3rd down tells the story of this game. 35% - and that number is even skewed by 2 meaningless dink and dunk completions in the middle of the field at the end of the game when Cincinnati was playing the sidelines and preventing anything deep. Meanwhile Dalton converted over 50% of their 3rd downs.

Offense can't sustain drives.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to like this Damian Williams guy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damian has gotten better each week since being a starter. Maybe he just needed real game reps. He and Britt on the outside could be a very, very good duo. Not sure if the staff will choose to unseat Nate when that time comes though.

Anyway, looks to me like we're an average team. Good enough to beat the bad teams fairly easily (Carolina, Cleveland, Indy, Broncos - though Denver was close), but not good enough to even compete against really good teams, especially ones with good QBs (Pitt, Houston...probably soon to add Atlanta and NO).

What this team needs is a dangerous pass rusher, and a playmaker at either linebacker or safety (or both). Obviously the OL needs some work. After that...the ball is entirely in Locker's court.

EDIT - And we need God...I mean Kenny Britt to fully recover.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Damian has gotten better each week since being a starter. Maybe he just needed real game reps. He and Britt on the outside could be a very, very good duo. Not sure if the staff will choose to unseat Nate when that time comes though.

Anyway, looks to me like we're an average team. Good enough to beat the bad teams fairly easily (Carolina, Cleveland, Indy, Broncos - though Denver was close), but not good enough to even compete against really good teams, especially ones with good QBs (Pitt, Houston...probably soon to add Atlanta and NO).

What this team needs is a dangerous pass rusher, and a playmaker at either linebacker or safety (or both). Obviously the OL needs some work. After that...the ball is entirely in Locker's court.

EDIT - And we need God...I mean Kenny Britt to fully recover.
Yeah, but what a good problem to have! But when Britt comes back, I think the denominations will go Britt and everyone else. So Hands and Damian will probably see the same amount of targets and plays where they're the #2 read.

At the beginning of the year, I though we were a .500 team. But this isn't a bad thing to me given our circumstances. It's the first year under Munchak, with a whole new offensive and defensive scheme in place following a lockout that erased most of training camp, all while our 1st RD pick is riding the bench and our best player is out for the year.

Also so glad we got CJ going today, especially in the passing game. I think those catches early on helped not only him get going, but the offense as a whole. Cookie had a couple big catches too.

And Leroy didn't get called for holding once! But Amano gave up a sack, which even though it's rare for him, BOO AMANO YOU SUCK SO HARD!

Chris Palmer kinda looks Asian from far away.

The LB's had a good day, and my goodness is McCarthy an upgrade over Ruud. Ayers had the fumble, and Spoon got a sack (although it was funny seeing Cammy almost give him a piggy back ride). Another no show for Morgan, but Jones did good and it was great to see William Hayes and Question Marks getting pressure.

CHRIS HOPE HAD AN INTERCEPTION! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Griffin needs to cut his bull ****. Someone will make a tackle, the offensive player will be going to the ground, and here comes Happy Jack diving at the guy and hitting him late. Finally got called for it at the end of the game, but he does this alllll theeeee timeeeeee.

I love our CB trio. If we don't re-sign Finny, I'll cry. Seriously. I'll film it and mail it to Reinfeldt.

Glad to see Big Country getting into fights again. I miss that.

Yay Mariani. You're like a white, Italian Chris Carr who can occasionally take one to the house!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah Colin McCarthy had a nice game. He missed a couple tackles on the first few plays of the game but he settled in very nicely.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved me some McCarthy. And yes, Damian is turning into a good receiver.. I almost gave up on him after that dismal start he had this year.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Ayers and McCarthy both now starting?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

At the moment, yes. But McCarthy only while Ruud is hurt. Which shouldn't be the case in my opinion cause Ruud is extremely mediocre and McCarthy showed up a good bit today.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Are Ayers and McCarthy both now starting?
Yeah, Barrett Rudd is injured so McCarthy is starting for him. McCarthy>Rudd.

If we re-sign Finny, we should move Tommie Campbell to safety so he can get some playing. He played linebacker and safety when he was in College.I think Hawkins is good enough to be the 4th corner. I wished we needed a corner kind of, I want the titans to draft Honey Badger, him and Finny would be Sex. They are basically the same type of player.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

This draft class is a great first step in us becoming a contending franchise again. We just need to collect a few impact players on defense and find us an interior offensive line.

Just look what we found-

Jake Locker- Maybe a future franchise QB.
Akeem Ayers- At least a solid starting LBer, maybe more.
Jurrell Casey- stud muffin, and a solid piece on the D-line.
Colin McCarthy- Possible future starting MLB, given he can stay healthy.
Karl Klug- Great rotational pass rushing DT.
Tommie Campbell- A beast on ST and could become something even more.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFL has also announced that the Titans-Falcons game on CBS on Sunday, November 20 was moved from 1 p.m. Eastern to 4:15 p.m. Eastern.
We are the main 4 pm game next week
Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Matt Schaub is injured and will be out for awhile.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's out for season. If only we still had Britt and we hadn't dropped that opener to the Jags. I'd be on cloud nine.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even want to win the division unless that puts us in a perfect spot for value to get Decastro

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I noticed that in bunch of these mock drafts Vontaze gets picked 1 pick before we pick :(. It looks like JPP all over again FML.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

meh, I'd rather win personally even if it means it takes us out of the running to get my favorite prospect. History also shows that picks 20-32 is prime pickings for linebackers and safeties.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

This game highlighted how bad our pass rush is. We HAVE to fix that this offseason or we will never be a consistent defense. Ryan had all the time he wanted today. Ayers can rush well but we rarely use him in that role. This has got to be priority #1. It will make everything else on defense better.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's clear, that the second we wind up on the outside looking in for the playoffs, Jake Locker needs to be promoted to starter. I was very impressed with his play.
It'll be interesting to see what kind of chemistry he and Kenny Britt have when he comes back healthy.

On a side note, I know a girl who is banging Kenny Britt on the regular apparently.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

So did you ask her about his Knee?

We need pass rushers,a MLB and interior linemen.

Last edited by Complex : 11-20-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
So did you ask her about his Knee?
If I did, I'm sure it would turn into a 3rd leg joke.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

My roommate goes to Elrod (Titans & Kenny's doc) for his knee also. He saw Kenny in the office a couple weeks ago when he was in Nashville and said Kenny told home was doing fine, but he didn't go into specifics. I woulda tried to get more of an answer, but he's not a Titans fan like me.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson: 13 carries, 12 yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Forum Mock:

1st Round: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
2nd Round: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
3rd Round: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
4th Round: Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee

After that, it would've been defense the whole way save a Guard when the value got good. Definitely another DE like Jacquies Smith, Jack Crawford, or Kentrell Lockett, and a sleeper I like in LB Bobby Wagner. I was gunning for Melvin Ingram or Donta Hightower in the 2nd, but they went 4 and 6 spots ahead of me, respectively. Had I known we were doing a 4th RD, I would have made an effort to trade up. The top of the second is going to have amazing value at defense (guys like Devon Still, Jerel Worthy, Whitney Mercilus, Brandon Jenkins, TJ McDonald, and Stephon Gilmore, to go with Ingram and Hightower, all fell), and overall this looks like a very offensive heavy draft. So guys like Randle and Fleener (was aiming for Audie Cole) were the best mixes of value and need. I think Randle will be a great compliment to Britt, and provides another big WR with speed for Locker to bomb it to. Fleener is the all-around TE I've been wanting for forever, and can work the middle in the passing game and seal the edge in the running game. Jackson fits our scheme, is versatile, and is just a great player on a terrible team. He's just not an explosive pass-rusher off the edge, so that worries me since that's what we lack.

But after this, our offense of the future would look like:

QB: Jake Locker
RB: Chris Johnson
FB: Who cares?
WR: Kenny Britt
WR: Rueben Randle
WR: Damian Williams
WR: Nate Washington
TE: Coby Fleener
Joker TE: Jared Cook
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Who cares?
C: Peter Konz
RG: Who cares?
RT: David Stewart

Figured if I couldn't turn the defense around, I would at least setup the offense to help Locker out and lay a foundation for success.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.