Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Well I hope we didn't lose anything for Johnson, even though it looks like he may be our FB this year.

I just saw some clips of Alemeda Ta'amu, and that's a good call mighty. Of course you think he could do well in the run game, but I was surprised how well he pushed the pocket and moved. So why not another mock borrowing from your ideas? lol

1. Chandler Jones - DE/DT

2. Trumaine Johnson - NB/CB/FS

3. Alemeda Ta'Amu - NT/DT

4. Senio Kelemete - OG

5. Marvin McNutt - WR

6. Miles Burris - OLB/DE

7. Matt Daniels - SS
I agreee, watching tape on him he is solid against the pass rush, while he probably isn't ever going to get much more than 4 sacks a year, he pushes the pocket and would likely require the Center and Guard to block him, allowing Klug one on one with a Guard, and either our DE's one on one on the outside, or having to keep a RB or TE in to chip.

This draft would be ideal in my opinion, personally I'm not impressed with Chandler Jones and wouldn't touch him until the 2nd, but with a different DE like Andre Branch for example I would love it.

Trumaine Johnson is one of my favorite DB's in the class simply because he's talented to play CB, but I think he may be best at FS. Adding Johnson would be very interesting, because I think this year in nickel situations Johnson could either play outside allowing Verner to slide to NB, inside at NB, or slide to FS and allow Griffin to play NB. Personally, I wonder if Griffin's career can be salvaged by a move to CB, or a Charles Woodson type role where he just plays all over. Johnson is very physical and when asked to blitz or play close to the line he excelled, so SS isn't out of the question either.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Always been impressed by him, but honestly don't remember much of it from the DE spot (but it's been awhile since I saw him on TV or any highlight vids). I'm just wondering how he fits for us. I almost think he may be like Klug.
Yeah I was meaning us drafting him for a DT position, I think he'd be a waste at DE in our system.

He's a Karl Klug / KVB motor guy that gets insane push from the DT position. He needs to get back up to around 300 pounds, but I can't imagine having him and Klug on 3rd downs rushing from the inside.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think as long as we go best defensive player available in the first round we can draft according based on that.

If we go DB round one, we may still be able to get at DE: Chandler Jones, Vinny Curry, Shea McClellin, Bruce Irvin, Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd. At DT, Brandon Thompson, Jared Crick , Alameda Ta'Amu both Crick and Ta'amu may even be available in the 3rd. Cam Johnson at DE may be there in the 3rd also.

There is also solid DB's in round 2 and 3, so I'm very confident we can go BPa and still wind up with good players that will help our team right now in the following rounds
Old 04-15-2012, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jones is great value at 20, a trade down and pick would be better (52 would be best of course if he's there). But he's well rounded and the idea was to have him, Ta'Amu to push the middle, and maybe Burris as another outside rusher. Just thinking of multiple ways to rush upfield, and it seems we should be able to do it with this draft class.

If they go for Crick in the 2nd and maybe a space eater like Ta'Amu later, that would be fine by me. I think I would want a DE drafted at 20 in that scenario. But just imagine the d-line transformation.

The way depth looks, we may be able to go 3 rounds deep for CB and d-line. I always prioritize d-line over everything else just because they make the back 7 better. I won't be mad if we get Kirkpatrick or Gilmore, but I think I'd rather draft one of severel d-lineman there. I also like the looks of the probable 2nd and 3rd round CB's.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah I think we'd go either Crick or Ta'amu, highly doubt we'd go both I can't see us investing that much into the DT position. Ta'amu is an interesting guy, his value is all over the place. On Cbssports one of their "experts" has Ta'amu going to SD at #18 overall, the other has him going #58. He's rated 81 overall on their big board, but it'd likely be a 2nd round pick from us to get him.

Ta'amu has the size to be a NT in the NFL, so a 3-4 team may take him early. However, his best fit is a 4-3 DT, so we'll see what NFL teams think on draft day.

Crick on the other hand doesn't have the size most NFL teams want right now, which is why he's projected more of a 3-4 DE right now. At 6'4" 285 he could easily bulk up and play around 295-305.

Many people thought he was going to be the just as good as Suh early in his career at Nebraska, and he has the same hand fighting and attack at the point of attack. He lacks the sudden quickness Suh does though. The only expert that went 2 rounds has him at #58 overall. People are saying a lot about injury concerns, he played with a few different injuries before tearing his pectoral.

Ideally, we could trade down into the late first early second, pick up another 3rd/4th and still grab Branch, Curry, Worthy etc.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They may not invest 2 picks at DT since they have #'s there, but I don't think they have much talent there. Casey and Klug are the only two I think are definitely on the roster. It may sound like overkill, but overkill is what I'd want on d-line.

I still like a trade down scenario. It can give use more chances to stack up on d-line and get depth elsewhere along with maybe an o-line starter.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I agree, I'd rather have too much depth on the d-line than too little. I think I'd rather have a DE/DT combo than Crick AND Ta'amu, who I think are purely 4-3 DT's.

In addition, if we grabbed a DE round 1 and Crick and ta'amu we'd have to wait to grab a DB til round 4. I just can't see us waiting that long when we need depth at CB and S.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

In that scenario I think I may pass on Crick, there are several top DE's that can play inside on passing downs. They may not be as effective as Crick though, but Jerry Gray has said he likes versatility in his linemen.

I think we can wait a bit on a S, we have Babs long term and we could possibly sign Griffin long term. I like the idea of a versatile CB who can play outside and NB. That guy could come in nickle and either play NB or take Verner's spot and Verner play NB.

Anyway we look at it, it seems there are tons of options for us this year. I'm really excited for this draft.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I mean Crick could play DE on occasion, and I know a lot of people like him there, but I haven't seen much on film that indicates he could do that very well.

As far as DB I feel it needs to be addressed in the first 3 rounds because we need someone that can contribute right away. In the NFL now days you need 3 good safeties and 3 good CB's (at least). Adding a guy like kirkpatrick, gilmore, t. johnson etc would allow us to have one that really could play CB, NB or S. Like I said before, I wonder if Griffin still has the talent level to make a move as more of a CB / S hybrid. Babineaux is only signed to a 2 year deal and Griffin is still on a 1 year deal.

I like Tommie Campbell a lot, and perhaps the coaches and GMs refusal to add a DB in freeagency means they are high on him too. If he can take over outside and allow Verner to play the NB that'd be good.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the Titans decided to take 2 DBs in the top 5 rounds, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if we take 0 in the first 3.

Right now I feel we are pretty unpredictable for the draft really. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

In all reality, I'm more excited about what the Titans may do with their second, third and fourth round selections than I am their 1st. I've voiced my opinion on the DE's that are likely to be available in round 1, and I don't see the value there. At DT, I really like Jerel Worthy, but I think the value of Crick or Ta'amu or Brandon Thompson in round 2 (I wouldn't count on them being their round 3, but it wouldn't surprise me) is better. A DE, I think I'd rather take a chance of Vinny Curry falling to us in round 2 than reaching for one in round 1. The only position I feel has much better value in round 1 is DB, as much as I like Trumaine Johnson, Gilmore and Kirkpatrick are better prospects.

I stand by the hope we can trade down to the late first or early 2nd, picking up another 3rd or early 4th in the process. I would then love to grab Worthy, Branch or Curry with our first selection
Old 04-15-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

On a side note Bobo, it seems like we've taken over this thread. What happened to everyone else? lol
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Maybe everyone just agrees with us so there's no need to post lol.

I'm looking forward to the mid rounds too. Good teams pull out some talent there.

I'm looking forward to Mayock's top 100 and then the guy from Dallas who does his right before the draft (forgetting his name). Everyone's mocks are going to be updating down to the wire too.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotta be honest, once it became clear the Titans had 0 shot at DeCastro, I just kinda became "meh" about the Titans and the draft. I'll still watch, but I'm just kind of in a weird place about it this year.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm anxious to see who Frank Wycheck thinks we'll get, he's usually pretty accurate
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Some say DeCastro could fall to us, I'd be surprised though. I still like our options regardless.

I don't live in Nashville, so I wont hear Wycheck on the radio. Please spread the rumors here when he talks lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

DeCastro is the only offensive player I'd be ok drafting. Otherwise I'd be mad if we went Offense round 1 unless Blackmon somehow fell to us lol
Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Coples or Castro. If both are gone Cox,Perry or Brockers in that order.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm not real fond of Perry. I'd love to land Cox but I really think he's going to end up going top 10, with an outside shot he goes #6 to the Rams
Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm planning on watching some film tonight, anybody I should particularly look at that anyone would like my opinion on?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Stephon Gilmore or any 2-4th round CB. Maybe some mid round O-line.

Jack and Tyrone Crawford, Billy Winn, Donte Paige-Moss, Ernest Owusu, Tim Fugger, Mike Martin, Hebron Fangupo, Akiem Hicks, Markus Kuhn, Jaye Howard, Marcus Forston, Myles Wade, Vaughn Meatoga...I could go on forever lol. Lots of guys I haven't seen and I'm mostly interested in D-line
Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Some DE's I watched today, in order of how I liked them:

Bruce Irvin - penetration is key. Sometimes he's running out of control, but he's still getting penetration. Has the ability to round the corner, arguably one of the best at that in this class. Can also go inside not just run around the corner. Shows more strength than people give him credit for. Solid 2nd round selection.

Shea McClellin - I like him as a 4-3 RDE, I would take a look at him in the 2nd if he's there and DE wasn't addressed in the first.

Jake Bequette - High motor guy. Athletic, can play both end position although probably best suited for LE in the NFL, possibility of moving to DT on passing downs. Can bull rush, or sometimes run right by you. Deceptive athleticism. One of the more complete DE's in the draft. Most have him in the late 4th early 5th, I'd give him a solid 4th with consideration in the 3rd. Reminds me somewhat of KVB

Cam Johnson - Lacks elite burst like many think he has. Doesn't appear to be hustling all the time, gets swarmed by larger lineman. I wouldn't consider him until the 4th
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Stephon Gilmore

Jack and Tyrone Crawford, Billy Winn, Donte Paige-Moss,
Stephon Gilmore - great coverage and ball skills. Could be an Ed Reed type at FS. More potential upside than Kirkpatrick at CB, but more of a risk than Kirkpatrick if moved to FS in my opinion. Willing tackler. He's just a playmaker, always seems to be around the ball. Top 15 talent, 1st rounder

Jack Crawford - Only could find the game against Mike Admas, so only going by that film. Great hand use, not a great "edge rusher" that can round the corner. Has potential to move inside on passing downs. Not a great run defender despite his size. Not great lateral movement. I'd give him a 5th round grade

Tyrone Crawford - Not a very good run defender. Don't see a very good jump off the ball, has good athleticism but misses a lot of tackle and put himself in bad situations. Probably limited to LE in the pros and probably always a liability. Most have him as a 2-3rd, I wouldn't touch him until the 5th

Billy Winn - Good penetration and pass rushing. Projects to DT in our system. Gets off blocks well and good pursuit down the LOS. Quick, good hand use. Solid 2nd round selection for us at a DT. Could potentially trim some weight and play DE, but I doubt he'd be very good.

Donte Paige-Moss - Good athleticism, poor ball awareness. Misses some tackles and sometimes lack strength at LOS. I don't see great pass rushing skills or technique. Kind of lazy. He does show some flashes but I doubt I'd risk more than a 7th on that.

Will try to do more on the list later.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAY DATE OPPONENT KICKOFF+ TV
Sunday 9/9 NEW ENGLAND Noon CBS
Sunday 9/16 at San Diego 3:15 p.m. CBS
Sunday 9/23 DETROIT Noon FOX
Sunday 9/30 at Houston Noon CBS
Sunday 10/7 at Minnesota Noon CBS
Thursday 10/11 PITTSBURGH 7:20 p.m. NFLN
Sunday 10/21 at Buffalo Noon CBS
Sunday 10/28 INDIANAPOLIS Noon CBS
Sunday 11/4 CHICAGO Noon FOX
Sunday 11/11 at Miami Noon CBS
Sunday 11/18 BYE
Sunday 11/25 at Jacksonville Noon* CBS
Sunday 12/2 HOUSTON Noon* CBS
Sunday 12/9 at Indianapolis Noon* CBS
Monday 12/17 N.Y. JETS 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sunday 12/23 at Green Bay Noon* CBS
Sunday 12/30 JACKSONVILLE Noon* CBS

Quite a tough schedule for us this year. Those first four are big.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we surprise NE or we injure Tom Brady. I want to beat NE so bad especially after that beat down from last time. I hope we win and injure Tom payback for killing us.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm planning on watching some film tonight, anybody I should particularly look at that anyone would like my opinion on?
Nigel Bradham. I like him, tell me what you think.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
any 2-4th round CB. Maybe some mid round O-line.

Ernest Owusu, Tim Fugger, Mike Martin, Hebron Fangupo, Akiem Hicks, Markus Kuhn, Jaye Howard, Marcus Forston, Myles Wade, Vaughn Meatoga...I could go on forever lol. Lots of guys I haven't seen and I'm mostly interested in D-line
couldn't find much on owusu, fugger, kuhn, myles wade, meatoga

Mike Martin - high motor guy, sometimes get blown off the ball at the point of attack. He played NT in Michigans defense, but I don't see him playing 3-4 in the NFL, he'd be a backup or huge liability. Good penetration at times, probably gets by more on desire than athletic ability. Kind of up and down play, but has good potential. I'd consider a 3rd on him, although I think 4th is where I'd be more comfortable.

Hebron Fangupo - I hadn't watched him before. I really liked what I saw on film. Good penetration, reads the plays well. Constantly took on double teams and held his own, if not won the battle. Lacks ideal height, but good thick build. Very quick for his size (320+) reminds me somewhat of Sam Adams in his early years. Could really see Gray falling in love with him. Most have him a 5th, I have him a 3rd, although 4th is where I'd feel more comfortable.

Akiem Hicks - He's big and he's quick. Hard to evaluate because of the competition. He was recruited by LSU. Versatility is his game, I watched him play DE, DT and as a standup end / outside rush backer. You don't see that often from a 6'5" 320+ pounder. He's one of the quickest big men I remember ever seeing from the DT position. You've got to question the competition, but at least he was dominating them. Pushes the pocket, possesses good strength (although I think he'll need to get stronger on the next level). He's already got decent pass rush moves. Huge potential, huge risk. I'd consider him in the 3rd, feel much more confident taking him in the 4th. After watching film on him, his teammate Stefan Charles really stood out as well. He's 6'5" 302, I'd take a risk on him in the 6th.

Jaye Howard - what a first step! good penetration, very fast for a 300 pound DT. Doesn't play smart, too many mistakes. Sometimes a liability against the run. Reminds me somewhat of Tony Brown. I'd give him a 4th-5th round pick.

Marcus Forston - quick and powerful, gets lost sometimes. Not the athlete Jaye Howard is, but I think I like him a little better overall as a prospect. Probably a 4th rounder.

Cb 2-4 round
Josh Robinson - quick feet with good speed. good change of direction. got all the physical tools you want but needs a little work on coverage. I'd give him a 2-3 round grade based on film, likely going in the late first early 2nd though.

Jayron Hosley - a little undersized, but good speed and quickness. Playmaker with the ball in his hands. Great balls skills when the balls in the air. He's best in zone or a cover 2 scheme in my opinion but can blanket receivers 1 on 1, just don't think his size will allow that in the NFL. Reminds me somewhat of DeAngelo Halls playmaking ability. To me, he's a solid 2nd rounder.

Alfonzo Dennard - disappointing senior tape, but I like the potential I see. Probably best in cover 2 or zone. May need moved to FS in the pros. Lacks ball skills. 2nd rounder.

For COMPLEX
Nigel Bradham - Very physical. Good range and speed. Solid tackler. Reminds me somewhat of Lawrence Timmons coming out. Great blitzer. Great potential. I like what I've seen from him. Some stupid mistakes. I didn't get a chance to see him much in coverage though, looked good against the run. Solid at shedding blocks. Depending on his coverage I'd give him a 2nd rounder, right now I'll give him a 3rd

Will try to look at more later.