Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-24-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted McRath too, but honestly he hasn't lived up to my expectations. I think we could do better at Will and nickle (where I don't see Ayers doing that well in coverage). Will isn't a pressing need this year, but I think they'll look at a guy if he seems like a special player at that position. The ability to pass rush can't be overlooked for LB's, it sure seemed like we blitzed more last year.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a few guys I really want this year. Sadly, I can't have them all...

C David Molk
DE Andre Branch
DE Vinny Curry
DE Malik Jackson
DE Jake Bequette
DE Bruce Irvin
DE Adrian Hamilton
DT Jerel Worthy
DT Jared Crick
DT Alameda Ta'Amu
DT Brandon Thompson
DT Akiem Hicks
LB LaVonte David
LB Sean Spence
LB Travis Lewis
CB Stephon Gilmore
CB/S Trumaine Johnson
CB Coryell Judie
CB Jayron Hosley
CB Chris Greenwood

I would much rather risk a 3rd or 4th on Akiem Hicks than a 1st on Michael Brockers.
I'd much rather spend a 1st round pick reaching on Vinny Curry or Andre Branch (in that order) than Quinton Coples or Melvin Ingram.
I'd much rather trade back from 20 to the end of the 1st round than select at 20.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes "things could get interesting" if the Giants are offered a third-round pick for DE Osi Umenyiora this week.
LaCanfora appears to be taking the pulse of his league connections as opposed to reporting news. The Giants were seeking a first-round pick last offseason, when Umenyiora still had two years left on a team-friendly contract and Jason Pierre-Paul had yet to emerge as perhaps the league's most dangerous defensive end.
Lets trade our 3rd for Osi and 6 round pick Asante Samuel.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Lets trade our 3rd for Osi and 6 round pick Asante Samuel.
Get it done!

We could easily trade down and at least get another 4th, possibly even a 3rd to make up for it

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 04-24-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach is saying what I said lol. I've come to the conclusion that it's gonna be hard to ignore some of this year's LB's, and he mentions versatility and ability to pass rush.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...at-linebacker/

Hard to know what to think of draft time talk of course, but Munch does seem like more of a straight shooter.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the idea of Dre Kirkpatrick as I think he could be just like Finny only better, I like his fight and I think he could be a great addition. DeCastro is a pipe dream but draft day can be crazy, you never know we could trade up! I love Ingram but he will be gone early I reckon. As long as we go for a solid player and not some boom or bust type I will be happy.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Good read Bobo, I think Kendricks is one that fits that role and could be considered at WLB because I don't think he's strictly a 4-3 MLB.

Personally, I truly believe LaVonte David is the best LBer in this class. If he's staring us in the face at #52, it'd be very tempting to pull the trigger.

In my research Bobby Wagner doesn't sound like he can play WLB, he sounds purely MLB or SLB due to his lack of coverage.

Travis Lewis is one of my favorites, he really slide after weighing in at 253 and running a 4.88. But he played in college closer to 230 and had 9 career interceptions.

Zach Brown has finally been falling back down to earth in the late 2nd or 3rd round after I insisted for months he was not a first rounder. Later though I think he's worth the risk, although he's not versatile.

Sean Spence is worth a shot in the 3/4th rounds, I really like how he played and he has a history of playing all 3 LBer positions in college. While he's probably best at WLB in the NFL, it's nice to know he has that history.

Terrell Mannings an intriguing guy who we could take in the 4th-5th and try to groom for next year. Same for Demario Davis.

With all that said, other than Kendricks, LaVonte David and Nigel Bradham, I'm not seeing many people that can add much of a threat as a blitzer right now.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Wagner looked like a solid blitzer, Miles Burris definitely is. Don't remember seeing either in coverage.

If they get a guy like that and don't like his coverage capabilities, they can do like they did with Chris Hope last year, bring in a 3rd S on passing downs and keep one LB in. Robert Johnson was a ballhawk in college, right? Or they could draft a guy who they could bring in like Hope. Of course that type of LB isn't going to have as much value, maybe 4th round tops.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stay. the ****. away. from my osi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
stay. the ****. away. from my osi!
Osi wants to break up with you. You didn't get his text? :o
Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Osi wants to break up with you. You didn't get his text? :o
I've been those and the "just kidding, we can work things out" text back and forth for the last couple years or so. However, his toothbrush isn't in the bathroom anymore...I wonder if that means we're done for good this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my ideal draft for the team.

1st Round, 20th pick - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
I highly doubt David DeCastro falls to this pick, even though he is the number one prospect I want the Titans to grab. It just isn't going to happen. However, this is one hell of a consolation prize. For some reason, Poe is slipping in mocks all over the internet and there is a good chance he will be available on Thursday when the Titans pick. A biblical beast of a specimen in the middle on the defensive front to tag team with Casey will undoubtedly improve the Titans overall as a defensive unit with better run stoppage and a better pass rush.

2nd Round, 52nd pick - Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska
If David turns out as well as people on here hope, this pick would solidify the linebackers for the foreseeable future. I just crunched the numbers and the average age of David, Akeem Ayers and Colin McCarthy on opening weekend for this upcoming season is only 23. Another option here is Kevin Zeitler but I much prefer the upside of David. Likewise, Zach Brown could be the pick if both options are gone. If both Brown and David are still on the board when the Titans pick, I honestly don't know which one I would rather have on the team. The general consensus on here is David, so let's go with that.

3rd Round, 82nd pick - Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
The best corner available should probably be this pick and that could be any one of about five different prospects. Personally, I like Bentley the best because he fits perfectly as a nickel corner behind Verner and McCourty and could potentially fill-in for either of them should an injury occur. Bentley is also the most tenacious of the potential corners available; the dude just fights in coverage.

4th Round, 115th pick - Ben Jones, C, Georgia
Like the above selection, this pick should be the best interior lineman available and Ben Jones could very well be it. He busts his ass and he's smart; the perfect fit for Munchak and Matthews. I also hate Eugene Amano and want any excuse possible for the coaching staff to bench him.

5th Round, 155th pick - Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
Al Davis had a thing for fast receivers, I have a thing for tall ones. Streeter may not be available with this pick but if he is, I would love for the Titans to grab him and polish his raw but extensive skillset behind the trio of Britt, Washington and Williams for the next couple of seasons. He's got loads of potential and could play in the red zone immediately. Assuming he isn't available, I want the Titans to grab the best defensive end available.

6th Round, 190th pick - Tim Fugger, DE, Vanderbilt
The Titans have to grab a defensive end at some point in the draft. I'm putting Fugger here because I like his physical tools. With the importance of the pass rush in today's NFL, there's a good chance Fugger may not be here and if that's the case, then I guess Malik Jackson could also be suitable but he could be gone too. Honestly, I don't really have any preference for one DE prospect over another at this point in the draft as long as he doesn't have injury issues and has at least one good-to-great physical attribute. Matt Conrath maybe?

7th Round, 227th pick - Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
I never want Rusty Smith as the last resort again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I've been those and the "just kidding, we can work things out" text back and forth for the last couple years or so. However, his toothbrush isn't in the bathroom anymore...I wonder if that means we're done for good this time
The tooth brush never lies. Sorry.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Here's my ideal draft for the team.

1st Round, 20th pick - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
I highly doubt David DeCastro falls to this pick, even though he is the number one prospect I want the Titans to grab. It just isn't going to happen. However, this is one hell of a consolation prize. For some reason, Poe is slipping in mocks all over the internet and there is a good chance he will be available on Thursday when the Titans pick. A biblical beast of a specimen in the middle on the defensive front to tag team with Casey will undoubtedly improve the Titans overall as a defensive unit with better run stoppage and a better pass rush.

2nd Round, 52nd pick - Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska
If David turns out as well as people on here hope, this pick would solidify the linebackers for the foreseeable future. I just crunched the numbers and the average age of David, Akeem Ayers and Colin McCarthy on opening weekend for this upcoming season is only 23. Another option here is Kevin Zeitler but I much prefer the upside of David. Likewise, Zach Brown could be the pick if both options are gone. If both Brown and David are still on the board when the Titans pick, I honestly don't know which one I would rather have on the team. The general consensus on here is David, so let's go with that.

3rd Round, 82nd pick - Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
The best corner available should probably be this pick and that could be any one of about five different prospects. Personally, I like Bentley the best because he fits perfectly as a nickel corner behind Verner and McCourty and could potentially fill-in for either of them should an injury occur. Bentley is also the most tenacious of the potential corners available; the dude just fights in coverage.

4th Round, 115th pick - Ben Jones, C, Georgia
Like the above selection, this pick should be the best interior lineman available and Ben Jones could very well be it. He busts his ass and he's smart; the perfect fit for Munchak and Matthews. I also hate Eugene Amano and want any excuse possible for the coaching staff to bench him.

5th Round, 155th pick - Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
Al Davis had a thing for fast receivers, I have a thing for tall ones. Streeter may not be available with this pick but if he is, I would love for the Titans to grab him and polish his raw but extensive skillset behind the trio of Britt, Washington and Williams for the next couple of seasons. He's got loads of potential and could play in the red zone immediately. Assuming he isn't available, I want the Titans to grab the best defensive end available.

6th Round, 190th pick - Tim Fugger, DE, Vanderbilt
The Titans have to grab a defensive end at some point in the draft. I'm putting Fugger here because I like his physical tools. With the importance of the pass rush in today's NFL, there's a good chance Fugger may not be here and if that's the case, then I guess Malik Jackson could also be suitable but he could be gone too. Honestly, I don't really have any preference for one DE prospect over another at this point in the draft as long as he doesn't have injury issues and has at least one good-to-great physical attribute. Matt Conrath maybe?

7th Round, 227th pick - Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
I never want Rusty Smith as the last resort again.
I like that draft.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I like it too, minus the Tommy Streeter and Kellen Moore selections. I wouldn't be real fond of only coming out of the draft with Fugger though and I get the feeling Poe will be long gone by our selection
Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to the Nashville Tennessean, it's "all but certain" the Titans will select a cornerback with one of their early-round picks.
South Carolina's Stephon Gilmore should be long gone by No. 20, leaving Alabama's Dre Kirkpatrick and perhaps South Alabama's Janoris Jenkins as first-round possibilities. As an alternative, the Titans could target a second-tier corner such as Georgia's Brandon Boykin on Friday. Apr. 25 - 12:41 pm et
I hope not, I don't really want a corner at 20.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I like gilmore and kirkpatrick, but I think CB is fairly deep this year.

I would be so upset if we took Jenkins in the first round
Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Yeah with the depth I'd feel better with a CB in rounds 2-4.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd like to address DE, DT, CB/S in the first 4 rounds. With the other selection I'd be fine with OL, LB or another CB/S
Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I like it too, minus the Tommy Streeter and Kellen Moore selections. I wouldn't be real fond of only coming out of the draft with Fugger though and I get the feeling Poe will be long gone by our selection
What's wrong with the Streeter and Moore selections? And I want Fugger just so I can make Mother Fugger jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I like gilmore and kirkpatrick, but I think CB is fairly deep this year.

I would be so upset if we took Jenkins in the first round
If they select Jenkins, we riot.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
What's wrong with the Streeter and Moore selections? And I want Fugger just so I can make Mother Fugger jokes.

If they select Jenkins, we riot.

Not a fan of streeter, he's got good size and speed combination but isn't much of a prospect by any means. I'd rather have BJ Cunningham personally.

Moore doesn't have an NFL arm, we'd be better taking some guy from some small school I'd never heard of

I'd be ok with Jenkins round 2, but the risk is not worth the reward at #20
Old 04-25-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I'm fine with any QB in round seven. I just want Rusty Smith off the roster.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

GJ Kinne, Case Keenum, Domonique Davis, Darron Thomas are some of my favorite guys.

The last two are really athletic that could get by on athleticism if forced into action until they learn more about playing QB.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Omar Bolden. I'd rather have him in the 5th than Kirkpatrick or Jenkins in the 1st.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I really like Omar Bolden. I'd rather have him in the 5th than Kirkpatrick or Jenkins in the 1st.
Coryell Judie's that guy for me lol