Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have these Titan cards where there are like 16 of them and they have a coca-cola logo on it and a Kroger thing on it. Does anyone have these?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I have these Titan cards where there are like 16 of them and they have a coca-cola logo on it and a Kroger thing on it. Does anyone have these?
Yeah I do, they gave them away at the stadium when we played the Texans at home earlier this year.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else notice how much more snaps Young took from under Center against the Texans, i'm really liking what Chow has done with young. 8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chow is the man.

I can't wait to see what he does with a full offseason with VY. That's where you should see the biggest jump. Someone over at GoTitans posted a graph showing VY's completion percentage by month, and it has increased consistently each one.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for mock purposes, what is the yall's biggest weakness right now? Your defense seems pretty stout, is your O-line? WR? Secondary? I've seen maybe two games so I can't really say what ya'll need, so any info would be good. Appreciate it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, there's definately some weak links on defense.

We could use a FS, DE or a CB. I'd put them in that order.

Offensive line has been really good this year. I think the only thing we need for it is some young mid-rounders to develop under Mawae and Benji Olson.

WR is a definite need.

I guess I'd go:

1a. WR
1b. FS
1c. DE
2. CB
3. Interior OL
4. MLB? Stephen Tulloch is still relatively an unknown. Not sure if he's the answer
5. Scat back

You can really take your pick between the first three, I'd guess the BPA between those.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Well, there's definately some weak links on defense.

We could use a FS, DE or a CB. I'd put them in that order.

Offensive line has been really good this year. I think the only thing we need for it is some young mid-rounders to develop under Mawae and Benji Olson.

WR is a definite need.

I guess I'd go:

1a. WR
1b. FS
1c. DE
2. CB
3. Interior OL
4. MLB? Stephen Tulloch is still relatively an unknown. Not sure if he's the answer
5. Scat back

You can really take your pick between the first three, I'd guess the BPA between those.
Since we are no longer in the mix for Adams, i agree with you.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I hope we get a scatback in the mid-later rounds this year. Maybe Garrett Wolfe or Lorenzo Booker. I think they would work good in the shotgun sets with VY. I actually thought we were going to draft one last year in the late rounds, but we ended up taking Ganther, which made no sense at all to me.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
I hope we get a scatback in the mid-later rounds this year. Maybe Garrett Wolfe or Lorenzo Booker. I think they would work good in the shotgun sets with VY. I actually thought we were going to draft one last year in the late rounds, but we ended up taking Ganther, which made no sense at all to me.
Second year we blew pick on Backs in the second day, it hoight Nash was a good pick, but he overweight this year, and of what i saw of him in Denver he still. booker is a guy i like, dude has the spped, move, and great Potential.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

http://www.titansonline.com/news/new...php?PRKey=4486Nice read....

Old 12-14-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Chow is the man.

I can't wait to see what he does with a full offseason with VY. That's where you should see the biggest jump. Someone over at GoTitans posted a graph showing VY's completion percentage by month, and it has increased consistently each one.
This??

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1st % 20+ Sac Rate
SEP 2 24 10 41.7 133 5.54 28 1 1 9 90.0 1 0 56.4
OCT 4 90 44 48.9 466 5.18 27 3 3 26 59.1 7 6 61.6
NOV 4 118 60 50.8 724 6.14 37 4 4 35 58.3 10 8 67.2
DEC 2 54 34 63.0 381 7.06 39 2 3 16 47.1 6 2 73.1

Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, those are the stats, but the guy posted it as a picture, in bar graph form. Made it much easier to read

His completion % and QB rating have each went up consistently every month. I'd say that's a good sign.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Titansfan777

My draft thoughts... (If we signed Michael Lewis)

Round 1-Dwayne Jarrett
Round 2-Aaron Ross
Round 3-Kyle Young
Round 4-Dave Harris

In the draft, we solidify our receiving corps with a huge target that has soft hands, he reminds me of a slightly slower Andre Johnson. In round two, we get a solid CB that can start right away and he has the speed of the fastest CB's with great instincts. He is great in coverage and is a huge improvement over Hill. In round three, we get a Center that has had some problem, but he is a top 5 at his position and with a year or two of being an understudy, he could be our starting C when Mawae retires. In round four, we get a very solid linebacker who many could argue, is the most underated defensive player in the country. He is a very smart linebacker with great size and is as good/if not better than Tulloch.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO TITANS!!!!!!!
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I noticed that statistics say that PacMan has 2 rushes for 8 yards, and 1 reception for 17 yards.

Do the Titans line him up on offense or is this the result of a special teams glitch or something? If he does line up on offense, how often?? And in what types of packages??

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
I noticed that statistics say that PacMan has 2 rushes for 8 yards, and 1 reception for 17 yards.

Do the Titans line him up on offense or is this the result of a special teams glitch or something? If he does line up on offense, how often?? And in what types of packages??
He lines up in slot or at RB.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yep, we line him up in the slot and in the backfield sometimes. Alot of times it's just as a decoy on fake end arounds, but we've got him the ball a few times. Mainly just screen passes or end arounds. His 17 yard catch against the Colts was pretty cool, he was just weaving through people.

Against the Giants, we gave it to him on an end around, and it looked like he was supposed to pass the ball, but he slipped on the turf, and then had a free runner coming at him, so he reversed field and ran up the sideline for a 1st down. He's pretty slippery in the open field.

The only thing I don't like is how loosely he carries the ball away from his body. He does this on punt returns too. It could easily get stripped out.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Linebacker Keith Bulluck said critical analysts like Hoge only serve to motivate Young.

"I am sure he gives Ben Roethlisberger all the praise in the world, him being a former Steeler,'' Bulluck said. "But you know what? Critics are always going to be there. People are always going to be negative towards him and all he is doing is trying to make this team win and be positive
8)

Old 12-16-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Titans 2006 - 17 sacks
Titans 2005 - 41 sacks

Alot of people think KVB is struggling, but I disagree. I think he's playing the exact same way he was last year, it just isn't resulting in the sacks it was last year. I was listening to Sirius NFL radio the other day and Pat Kirwan said that KVB was leading the league in QB hurries/knockdowns. That shows that he's still getting there, but the ball is coming out the instant before he hits the QB.

Rien Long being out hurts a little too, because he's our best interior pass rusher. I had hoped Randy Starks would develop more into one, but he's been awful this year. Haynesworth isn't really a pass rusher, he's more of just a disruptor. Robaire isn't a rusher either. LaBoy and Odom have been injured alot of the year, forcing us to play practice squad players and a DT (Tony Brown) at DE, so that probably has alot to do with it too.

And to top it all off, we don't compensate for the lack of rush from the front 4 by blitzing. And it seems like when we do, they are from basic packages and get picked up. I'd like to see us be a little more exotic. We did it a little vs. the Colts...we put KVB in as a stand-up rusher...but Manning doesn't get sacked, he's too smart. We should use some of those packages against other teams in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id like to see us bring in a pure rusher opposite him, really mess up the blind side
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman 8)

Im so happy i just got his jersey

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
Pacman 8)

Im so happy i just got his jersey
i want one =(
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game, guys. This series should be interesting for the next few years.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like a Titans perspective on this: will Drew Bennett be playing for the Titans next year?

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Big game coming up next week, should be a good one. I wonder if it could possibly be the Sunday Night Flex Schedule game?
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote