Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY didn't play very well today (in fact, the whole offense looked bad); but I'm not worried at all since the Jags' DEF makes nearly every offense look bad (including Indy's last week).

That said, I read an article yesterday out of a local paper (i.e. the Nashville Scene). Not sure if any of you read it or if it's already been posted, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

It's a fan's response to our favorite ESPN commentator, Merril Hoge... :roll:

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Storie...PN/index.shtml

I thought it was pretty funny and really echoed a lot of what we've been saying on here...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
I would like a Titans perspective on this: will Drew Bennett be playing for the Titans next year?
No

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:07 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
VY didn't play very well today (in fact, the whole offense looked bad); but I'm not worried at all since the Jags' DEF makes nearly every offense look bad (including Indy's last week).

That said, I read an article yesterday out of a local paper (i.e. the Nashville Scene). Not sure if any of you read it or if it's already been posted, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

It's a fan's response to our favorite ESPN commentator, Merril Hoge... :roll:

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Storie...PN/index.shtml

I thought it was pretty funny and really echoed a lot of what we've been saying on here...
Merril Hoge and all the VY critics are looking really stupid now haha
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
Big game coming up next week, should be a good one. I wonder if it could possibly be the Sunday Night Flex Schedule game?
I wish it was! Rumor has it if the Titans beat the Jags, the Pats @ Titans game in week 17 was going to be on SNF. No offense meant here, but i'd prefer it if the Bills game was as I think it has the better chance of being a better game....don't want ANY piece of the Pats right now.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Titans_Dynasty85
Rookie

Titans_Dynasty85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What a game today by the defense!!! Even though they were on the field for so long, they still created turnovers and sacks! Our offense didnt have much chances to do much since the Jags were on offense most of the game so Im not too worried bout the way Young performed. As for Bennett, I think he should be gone and then we bring in a WR in the 1st round of the draft this year. This is what I hope happens in FA and the Draft in the offseason...

Offseason...

Titans sign FA CB Asante Samuel from the Pats. (Gives them a GREAT duo at CB with Samuel and Jones and drastically helps out their secondary in pass coverage.)

Draft...

1st round: Either Tedd Ginn Jr. or Dwayne Jarrett. (Still not sure who I like better so I put both of em here. LaRon Landry is also a possibility here as well.)

2nd round: Michael Griffin- FS, Texas (Gives them a replacement for LaMont Thompson since Thompson has coverage problems.)

3rd round: Best DE available
4th round: Best OC available

Also what do you guys think of us drafting Anthony Gonzalez from OSU? I think he is a very underrated WR and could be worth adding to our WR core.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
coolrider8193

It's good to be back in the forum after a long exile. I'm extremely happy to be a Tennessee Titan fan these days. Especially, seeing my hometown boy VY make such an impact his rookie season. Also, I'm excited to see Pacman Jones play so well this season and I think he should be mention for the pro bowl. On todays game, I'm seeing a lot of things that will bring a championship to the Titans in the future. (1) Quarter Leadership (2) Special Team play (3) Nucleus of young talent on defense (4) finding ways to win games (5) Good running game (6) Good coaching.

Below are somethings the Titans should address in the off season.

1) Draft Dwyane Jarrett/Ted Ginn in the First Round.
2) Get speed rusher to compliment Kyle Vanden Bosch or another big tackle to help Haynesworth
3) I think the MLB position needs to be addressed
4) Good backup QB in the event VY gets hurt.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...that was an odd game to say the least. It was very exciting at the stadium though with all the defensive plays made. My thoughts:

- VY was very average today, and that's ok. That's what you get with a rookie QB. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Another reason is that the offense could never get into rythym with them not being on the field. At one point in the game, the Jags offense had the ball for 33 straight plays :shock:

- Pacman is quickly becoming a very very good corner. The only passes completed on him all day were a couple of underneath routes. Nice INT, even better pass breakup on the fade route. He did get swallowed up on that screen pass at the end though.

- Our rush D needs to be more consistant. We'll hold teams to very short gains on about 10-12 straight runs, but we eventually let up a big gain, usually on cutback runs. We REALLY struggle with mobile QB's and cutback runs.

- Pass rush came to play today, but Garrard is one tough mother to bring down. We should have had him like 10 times, lol, but he knows how to get away.

- I love Finnegan...been saying this since preseason. All he does is make plays, plus he's an amazing gunner on punt coverage. I can't count how many times he's either downed a punt inside the 5 or stuck a punt returner the instant he fields the ball.

- Reynaldo needs to learn how to turn his damn head and locate the ball in the air. Every week teams attack him with go routes, and just throw the ball up, and he always has his back turned...he faceguards the WR's and always gets beat.

- LaMont needs to go. Now.

- Don't know why we kept trying to run right at Henderson and Stroud early in the game. It obviously wasn't going to work.

I'll take an ugly win any day of the week. We're finding ways to win lately instead of finding ways to lose which we would have done early in the year. I can't wait until next year, if VY improves, and cut some loose ends on our roster and upgrade a few positions.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:33 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY made some rookie mistakes in the game, throwing on third down and stopping the clock and losing 15 yards on that run, but overall the Defense, scored.....and scored.....and scored

Old 12-18-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

I heard pacman and Wycheck exchange some words today while leaving pratice on thrusday or Friday.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Found this at the TOMB
With Denver's victory, here is an updated playoff chart:

Titans win out and all but one of the following:

Quote:
1. Cincy loses all three (@Indy, @Denver, Pittsburgh) (Cincy has better AFC record)

2. The Jets lose out (@Miami, Oakland)

3. Denver loses last two (Cincy, 49ers) OR loses one and KC loses only one of last three (@San Diego, @Oakland, Jacksonville)

4. Jags lose one more (New England, @KC)

5. KC loses one more (@San Diego, @Oakland, Jacksonville)

6. Pittsburgh loses one more (Baltimore, @Cincy)

Titans and Buffalo will knock one 7-7 team out.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

New sig 8) :D

Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really need to get me a new sig, who you think I should get one of?

I'm thinkin LaMont Thompson . Nah, lol it'll either be Pacman or Hope.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I'm quite happy with my signature. Perfectly describes how bad the Texans screwed up by drafting Mario Bowie.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
I really need to get me a new sig, who you think I should get one of?

I'm thinkin LaMont Thompson . Nah, lol it'll either be Pacman or Hope.
Haven't seen a Hope one yet

Old 12-19-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty excited for the game sunday, we shall see how Vince adapts to Buffalo in December.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
I am pretty excited for the game sunday, we shall see how Vince adapts to Buffalo in December.
Henry will be ready to carry the load

Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was thinking about the Titans' offseason (again) and considered the following. Perhaps we'll cut Thompson outright and let Lowry and Fuller battle it out for the starting FS position. As I watched the Jacksonville game, I noticed Fuller got a bit more playing time than usual. Once again (as I had forgotten) he was all over the place. I'm pretty sure he was the one who tipped the ball on the Reynaldo Hill interception which sealed the game. I also remember Lowry laying the wood to either Harrison or Wayne in the Colts game a few weeks ago. What I'm saying is maybe we should focus on signing other FAs and drafting positions other than FS. Besides, if I remember correctly, Fuller was a third rounder and Lowry a fourth. We obviously felt highly of them from the get-go. Why not give them a chance to start rather than signing an expensive FA or drafting a second round rookie who might be a step down from Fuller or Lowry?

To change the subject, did anyone hear Drew Bennett on the Jim Rome show today? He was on Rome's radio show from about 12:05 -12:15. He said that he thinks the Titans want him back, but they have not started any negotiations on a contract extension. This tells me that we will offer him good #3 WR money, but someone else will offer him more and he will take it. I wouldn't mind him being our #3, but it won't really matter. By next year, Brandon Jones will be just as good as Bennett would have been and we will probably have Jarrett or Ginn starting opposite Givens. Good luck to Bennett wherever he goes. I think he is a great team-first guy who has embraced the Nashville community. However, I think we can bid Bennett farewell after this season along with Lamont Thompson, Peter Sirmon, Chris Brown, Zach Piller, and Andre Woolfolk.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:42 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

keith bulluck isnt going to the pro bowl......again, it becomes more of a sham every year
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
keith bulluck isnt going to the pro bowl......again, it becomes more of a sham every year
That is crap about Bulluck. I hate the pro bowl, London Fletcher hasnt made one in his career, he is having a beastly year and got snubbed.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know where you got the sig smitty
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:11 AM    (permalink
coolrider8193

It's definitely a shame that Keith Bullock did not get to the pro bowl. The guy is a beast on the football field. He should be credit with as much of the Titans success during this winning streak. Look at these numbers...

The guys is projected to get 147 tackles this year which will give him an avergage of 140 tackles over the last 5 years (Hall of Fame numbers). He has 2 force fumbles and one fumble return for TD. He has 1 int and 2.5 sacks. Plus this guy is covering TE and RB out of the back field.

If the other players and coaches voted the reserves for the pro bowl then they overlooked what this guy has done.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Titans_Dynasty85
Rookie

Titans_Dynasty85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Travis Henry will want to make the Bills pay for trading him and he will be the workload for Sunday's game. As for the pro bowl-it's a joke! Both Pacman and Chris Hope should have gotten in an possibly Bullock too. They have Troy Polomalu going who didnt do much this year and John Lynch who pretty much goes on reputation.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans_Dynasty85
Travis Henry will want to make the Bills pay for trading him and he will be the workload for Sunday's game. As for the pro bowl-it's a joke! Both Pacman and Chris Hope should have gotten in an possibly Bullock too. They have Troy Polomalu going who didnt do much this year and John Lynch who pretty much goes on reputation.
John Lynch making it was pretty sad, and Hall made it over Newman WTF

Old 12-20-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
In a year of outstanding rookies, Hester is the only one to make it, although Tennessee quarterback Vince Young is an alternate.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hope definitely should have been in.

As for the draft, I'd be happy with the mock Scott has up right now. I'd prefer a top DE, but I don't think there will be one where we are picking. A top notch S is hard to pass up, but I agree that Fuller and/or Lowry should be given a shot. Besides, you can often get good safeties in rounds 2 and 3. WR is a definite need right now, so one of those top flight guys would be nice. There are about 4 of them that would help us.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote