Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any of our coaches have history in a 3-4? I don't seem recall but could be wrong
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that we've signed both Wilson and now Pollard...actually, I don't have a question. I'm just saying we signed Bernard Pollard.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Does any of our coaches have history in a 3-4? I don't seem recall but could be wrong
I believe Gray talked about using 34 fronts when he was first hired on here. Not sure what experience he has with them though. Of course we had a year and a half of "talk" before we saw Ayers line up at DE...maybe they are saving the 34 as another trick up the sleeve! lol

I wonder if Pollard is gonna compete with Wilson for starting SS? Seems kind of an odd signing, unless they aren't too sure about Wilson. I figured they would get some youth in at SS.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

I wonder if Pollard is gonna compete with Wilson for starting SS? Seems kind of an odd signing, unless they aren't too sure about Wilson. I figured they would get some youth in at SS.
My guess is he's probably coming on a relatively cheap deal with little guaranteed. Wilson only received 600k as a signing bonus and can receive 1m in incentives if certain performances are made.

so basically, Wilson is easy to cut. I bet Pollard will be too
Old 03-21-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather Pollard be on our team than against, so that's good.

As long as no mutinies take place.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense could be really scary this year, or we could neglect DE in the draft and Derrick Morgan will get hurt... which will leave us with Kam Wimbley and Scott Solomon starting and all the good feelings get thrown out the window...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how our defense is shaping up as well. Gregg Williams will love Ayers and Brown blitzing and Wilson/Pollard will hit some people from the saftey position.

We are definitely making a concerted effort to get more physical all around and I love it. Adding Walker, Greene, and beefing up the OL will do that as well. I hope we implement some aspects of the 49ers offense into our own. Locker certainly has the athleticism to do so.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Personally, with our interest in Manti Te'o and our lack of interest in DE. I'm wondering if a semi-permanent move to DE for Ayers is in the works?

Move Ayers to DE and plug Manti in on the SLB
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

At least we know Griffin will have a hard hitting safety next to him, he played his best with Chris Hope before Hope lost his speed and ended up sucking
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, with our interest in Manti Te'o and our lack of interest in DE. I'm wondering if a semi-permanent move to DE for Ayers is in the works?

Move Ayers to DE and plug Manti in on the SLB
Highly doubt it. I think it has more to do with concerns about McCarthy, which is probably why we showed interest in Brad Jones as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Bernard Pollard to a 1 year deal, thus crushing whatever tiny hope I had left of drafting Matt Elam. :(

It will be interesting to see how the George Wilson/Bernard Pollard battle shakes out.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least we know Griffin will have a hard hitting safety next to him, he played his best with Chris Hope before Hope lost his speed and ended up sucking
Yeah but all the rules keep getting stricter against hard hitting safeties (like the new crown of the helmet deal). Have to wonder if that somewhat changes how the position is looked at, and what is valued in a player.

We did change up DB's a lot in different packages last year. I wonder if we try to take the SS out of the game on passing downs.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised if we roll with with a 3 saftey package a considerable amount.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we roll with with a 3 saftey package a considerable amount.
With how bad we were at covering TEs last year, it wouldnt hurt to go with a Safety covering them like a LBer would
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Whoa, bro. Whoa.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I was a bit surprised about the Pollard signing when it happened because I think Wilson is a really solid SS, but after thinking about you know Williams is licking his chops thinking about the ways he can use Pollard.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As others have already mentioned, the Bernard Pollard signing probably means that we'll be using more 3-safety sets this year with Griffin, Wilson, and Pollard all on the field at the same time. (I think Gregg Williams has used that scheme before.)

That might also mean that we head into the season with 5 safeties on roster since a single injury to Griffin, Wilson, or Pollard would make it difficult for us to run those 3-Safety sets. Also, aside from depth, Wilson's older and there's no guarantee that either Griffin or Pollard will be here beyond next season. And I doubt that Griffin, Wilson, or Pollard are going to want to play ST. So...basically, all things considered, I still wouldn't be shocked if we took a FS/SS in the mid-to-late rounds of this draft -- maybe someone with potential who can be a depth guy this year with a chance to start down the line.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pollard is one of my favorite players in the league so I'm ok with it. Deep down, I'm just a sucker for safeties that will knock the **** out of anything that moves. It's why I love Matt Elam and Shamarko and why Bob Sanders was my favorite player in the league despite being a Colt. It's a dying breed, but what can I say?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Whoa, bro. Whoa.
Haha sorry. Should I rephrase as wasn't worth the contract by the end?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Pollard is one of my favorite players in the league so I'm ok with it. Deep down, I'm just a sucker for safeties that will knock the **** out of anything that moves. It's why I love Matt Elam and Shamarko and why Bob Sanders was my favorite player in the league despite being a Colt. It's a dying breed, but what can I say?
I love Shamarko Thomas
Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

The Tennessean seems to think Pollard will start and he and Wilson will play in a lot of 3 safety formations. I imagine if Martin comes back healthy, he backs up Griff. I guess S is gonna be down on the list of priorities for the draft. We haven't got a FA WR after persuing a few, maybe we will look for depth there.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
The Tennessean seems to think Pollard will start and he and Wilson will play in a lot of 3 safety formations. I imagine if Martin comes back healthy, he backs up Griff. I guess S is gonna be down on the list of priorities for the draft. We haven't got a FA WR after persuing a few, maybe we will look for depth there.
I think Patterson, Austin, Ansah, Werner and Allen are probably the highest on our chart right now.

It's gonna be sad to see us invest another high pick in a WR, but we've shown we really want to upgrade the position and right now you've got to be somewhat concerned with the position.

Kenny Britt is an enormous talent, but he's in the last year of his contract and if he doesn't have a break out year I think he's gone. If he does, we franchise him and probably get one more season out him.

Nate Washington is a solid #2/#3, but he is extremely inconsistent and I think with the rumors of us trying to trade him, we've grown somewhat tired of that inconsistency. I don't know if he'll be on the roster for 2013 season, but I'd say the chances of him being on it in 2014 is slim to none.

Kendall Wright is a question mark. He played well at times last season, but on the season he only averaged 9.8ypc, that's pretty poor for someone that was supposed to be explosive. I think he'll develop greatly and turn out to be a solid #2, but will Britt be that #1?

Damian Williams showed a lot of promise in 2011, and could still develop. But he's in the last year of his rookie contract.

Lavelle Hawkins is overpaid for what he produces, and I'm not sure he makes it past training camp.

Michael Prestons seems like a good developmental player, but I don't know if he'll ever really do anything.

Marc Mariani may have lost his return job to Reynaud, which could open up more chances for him to participate on offense, where he has shown very little.

Tavon Austin would be a great slot WR and playmaker for us, but do you really take that type of WR with the 10th pick in the draft? I don't know if I could get behind that.

Patterson possesses the size and speed to be a #1 WR in the NFL, but his hands are average for a WR. He's only played one year @ the D-1 level.

Keenan Allen has the size and speed combination, and adjust well to the ball, but didn't have a very good Senior season.

In the end, we may be better off tying to grab another position round 1 and taking the top WR available in round 2. DeAndre Hopkins is a really good player, as-is Quinton Patton and Robert Woods.

We could also try to fill the need by taking multiple players in the 3rd-4th range. Players like Da'Rick Rogers, Stedman Bailey (slot), Josh Boyce (slot), Aaron Dobson, Chris Harper should all come off the board somewhere in this area
Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's basically down to Bjoern or Cordarralle for me at 10.

With the Rob Turner signing I think we can wait until the 3rd or 4th to take a lineman.

Signing Sammie Lee Hill negates DT at 10. Could probably draft a depth guy in the later rounds.

And even though I could see us taking a CB early, I'd rather not, because I'm not a Dee Milliner fan.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It's basically down to Bjoern or Cordarralle for me at 10.

With the Rob Turner signing I think we can wait until the 3rd or 4th to take a lineman.

Signing Sammie Lee Hill negates DT at 10. Could probably draft a depth guy in the later rounds.

And even though I could see us taking a CB early, I'd rather not, because I'm not a Dee Milliner fan.
I really hope we trade down and take Carradine. I could still see us taking Warford or Kyle Long in the 2nd or 3rd. I'm not overly impressed with the top WRs in this class
Old 03-22-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Eifert? Anybody? Just me? okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote