Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snagged Tyrann Mathieu. He shall be our beastly nickel and bring some attitude that we sorely need.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a nice pick, I prefer BW Webb who went the pick before but either one is a great selection. Did you have BW ahead of Tyrann or behind? And if the scenario was the opposite, would you have selected BW or went elsewhere?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I could have sworn Webb had been picked a lot earlier. So personally I was locked in on Honey Badger at the pick if we were going defensive back.

I can't speak for TH obviously.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I've been watching film on WRs most of the weekend, there's a few guys that really stand out to me.

#1: Aaron Dobson 6'3" 210 Marshall
#2: Chris Harper 6" 229 Kansas State
#3: Josh Boyce 5'11" 206 TCU
#4: DeVonte Christopher 6'1" 200 Utah
#5: Javon Lawson 6'1" 183 Louisiana Lafeyette
I've watched some of each of the first 3 guys. I was gonna bring up Dawson recently as a big WR we could target. My hope is Rogers in the 3rd, but this guy is probably my 2nd option if we go mid round for a WR.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Snagged Tyrann Mathieu. He shall be our beastly nickel and bring some attitude that we sorely need.
So is the idea to keep Verner outside? I like Tyrann for sure, but wonder if they'd go for more of an outside guy.

I wonder if the team's long term ideas for CB. I would like to see another guy start outside, and have Verner as the NB. That would likely mean drafting that outside guy this year, whether or not he "starts" right away. Is this Verner's last year under contract? I'd guess he'd get a more lucrative offer elsewhere, and not settle for a NB role here. Just some way-too-early thoughts looking ahead, but I wonder if the front office has looked forward.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Verner played really well last season I read, only allowing 1 td after week 5 I think. I've always like our CBs more than most, and I am unsure on what is the best scenario moving forward.

There's some guys outside who can really play, but there are also guys who should be highly considered to be used only as a NB.

I still have faith in Tommie Campbell on the outside, and I think Sensabaugh played well, although not great, but there is something there to work with.

We really can't afford to give Verner a $7m+ deal like we did McCourty, but other teams may be willing to pay that. Hopefully we can lock him up before this season (increasing his pay some this season as well) and get him to sign a 3-4 year contract extension worth around $6m a year.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To answer Bobo's question, yes this is Verner's last year under contract. That's why its worth considering CB fairly early.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Ok guys, list one player at each position that is "your guy" that you'd want to see in a Titans uniform

QB
Collin Klein Kansas State

RB
Christine Michael Texas A&M

FB
Braden Wilson Kansas State

WR
Chris Harper Kansas State

TE
Joseph Fauria UCLA

OT
Kyle Long Oregon

OG
Larry Warford Kentucky

C
Brian Schwenke Cal

DE
Cornelius Carradine FSU

DT
Brandon Williams MSSU

LB
AJ Klein Iowa State

CB
BW Webb William & Mary

FS
DJ Swearinger SC

SS
Shamarko Thomas Syracuse
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

QB
- Tyler Bray

HB
- Stepfan Taylor/Zac Stacy

FB
- Ben Bartholomew

WR
- Da'Rick Rogers

TE
- Tyler Eifert

OT
- Dallas Thomas

OG
- Kyle Long

OC
- Barrett Jones

DE
- Bjoern Werner

DT
- Star Lotulelei

OLB
- Chase Thomas

MLB
- Jon Bostic

CB
- Desmond Trufant

S
- Matt Elam
Old 04-15-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB
-Haven't done enough research here to be honest.

HB
- Jonathan Franklin/Stepfan Taylor

FB
- Don't really care.

WR
- Keenan Allen

TE
- Tyler Eifert/Joe Fauria

OT
- Eric Fisher

OG
- Brian Winters

OC
- Brian Schwenke

DE
- Ziggy Ansah/Tank Carradine

DT
- Star Lotulelei

OLB
-Dion Jordan

ILB
- Arthur Brown

CB
- Jamar Taylor/Robert Alford

S
- Jonathan Cyprien

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB
- Don't care

HB
- Marcus Lattimore

FB
- Ben Bartholomew!

TE
- Eifert

WR
- Nuk Hopkins

OT
- No one

OG
- Larry Warford

C
- Schwenke

DE
- Werner/Ziggy

DT
- Richardson/Montori Hughes (UTM rep!)

LB
- Kevin Reddick

CB
- Marsalis Teague (kidding!)
- Jamar Taylor

S
- Matt Elam

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 04-15-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
FB
- Ben Bartholomew!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Can't wait for the draft!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Denard Robinson...:D
RB - Kenjon Barner
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Tyler Eifert
OT - Kyle Long
OG - Chance Warmack
C - Travis Frederick
DE - Woof Mingo
DT - William Campbell
OLB - Jelani Jenkins
MLB - Kevin Reddick
CB - Logan Ryan
S - Jonathan Cyprien

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

QB
Collin Klein - Kansas State
If we took a guy with arm talent late.

RB
Giovani Bernard - North Carolina
Not likely cause he'll be drafted high. Zac Stacey is more realistic.

FB
Ben Bartholomew - Tennessee
Hopeful UDFA?

WR
Da'Rick Rogers - Tennessee :)
Maybe best value at WR if he's there in the 3rd.

TE
Joseph Fauria - UCLA
Tall red-zone threat for late pick or UDFA.

OT
Kyle Long - Oregon
Maybe 2nd round guy who could play many positions for us.

OG
Jonathan Cooper North Carolina or Larry Warford - Kentucky
2 different types depending on what type of G the team wants and what value they hold.

C
Barrett Jones - Alabama
Solid C or G swing guy.

DE
Ziggy Ansah - BYU or Tank Carradine - FSU
The first is my favorite player period, the 2nd is a nice consolation prize.

DT
Star Lotulelei - Utah or Jordan Hill - Penn State
Not a high need, but two players I really like early or mid round. Sheldon Richardson is a consideration if the Titans would use him in a Kevin Carter type role.

LB
Ty Powell - Harding
mid to late round backup to Ayers.

CB
Jamar Taylor - Boise State or BW Webb - William & Mary
A 2nd round guy who has a good all around game, or a mid round guy who similarly is well rounded with return skills.

FS- Kenny Vacarro - Texas
He can play at the los if they want Griffin back more. Not my ideal #10 pick at all, but I just like his long term future. Maybe he's a trade down and grab candidate.

SS
Bacarri Rambo - Georgia
Guy who is more of a SS/FS tweener, so I think he could fit either role.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB: Tyler Wilson (Arkansas)
RB: Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina)
FB: Ben Bartholomew (Tennessee)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson)
TE: Zac Eifert (Notre Dame)
OT: Eric Fisher (Central Michigan)
OG: Chance Warmack (Alabama)
C: Barrett Jones (Alabama)

DE: Ezekiel Ansah (BYU)
DT: Star Lotulelei (Utah)
OLB: Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
MLB: Kevin Minter (LSU)
CB: Xavier Rhodes (Florida State)
FS: DJ Swearinger (South Carolina)
SS: Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has everyone prepared their butts for when we take Teo in the first?.... Cause I can feel it in the wind tonight... :c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Has everyone prepared their butts for when we take Teo in the first?.... Cause I can feel it in the wind tonight... :c
Yes, I have all my supplies to start a riot.

I've prepared myself for him in the 2nd, but the first would truly shock me.

Usually by this time I have a decent grasp on who we will take, but this year I am still completely stumped.

Last year, although I was hoping for players elsewhere, I head the rumors of Kendall Wright but this year the most I've heard is Barkevious Migno. So I guess we'll see if that holds true or not
Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

So its officially one week until the draft. And I have zero idea on who we are going to take.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Just seen the schedule.

Seriously, how does someone get 2 road games to open the season and then get a stretch of 3 road games later in the season?

4 of our last 6 games are on the road. That could be a killer.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

The first half of the season is going to be real rough.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm seeing 7-9.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We'll see, I'd say at least 7 but if things go right as many as 10
Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Some mid-late round DEs we need to look at:

William Gholston
Devin Taylor
Joe Kruger
Mike Catapano
Stansly Maponga
Brandon Jenkins
Quanterus Smith
Meshak Williams
Walter Stewart

I particularly like Taylor, Maponga, Jenkins, Smith and Williams

Jenkins has really fallen down the boards, most have him as a 7th to undrated right now. I see good things with him on film, his injury is still a slight concern and he looked horrible in his OLB drills, but he's still a 2-3 round guy on film.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Schedule isn't very intimidating this year...but of course who knows how teams will really turn out as the year goes.

I also have no strong feeling about a guess at who we will take. Have there been any more visits worth noting? Any rumors? Lots of rumors of teams wanting to trade up, but I'm not sure our #10 spot is going to be that desirable.

Y'all get good vibes about any prospects recently? I have about Malliciah Goodman after watching and reading a bit. Reminds me of Antwan Odom a bit. He has great size and some freaky long arms and big hands. The dude at times looks like a beast, showing burst, closing speed, power, high effort with physicality...but he must not be consistent, he has pedestrian stats.

Maybe he fit in a heavy rotation? (I see a lot of guys who have "great" stats are helped by the high opportunities of staying on the field a whole lot)

There's talk that he may be a better pro than collegiate player, seen things saying his technique needs work. I'd like to hear some thoughts from die-hard Clemson fans if there's any about.