Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-19-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Jenkins is 100% now? I thought the type of injury he had could be hard to come back from. The dude looked pretty beastly a few years ago.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

I also have no strong feeling about a guess at who we will take. Have there been any more visits worth noting? Any rumors? Lots of rumors of teams wanting to trade up, but I'm not sure our #10 spot is going to be that desirable.

Y'all get good vibes about any prospects recently? I have about Malliciah Goodman after watching and reading a bit. Reminds me of Antwan Odom a bit. He has great size and some freaky long arms and big hands. The dude at times looks like a beast, showing burst, closing speed, power, high effort with physicality...but he must not be consistent, he has pedestrian stats.

Maybe he fit in a heavy rotation? (I see a lot of guys who have "great" stats are helped by the high opportunities of staying on the field a whole lot)

There's talk that he may be a better pro than collegiate player, seen things saying his technique needs work. I'd like to hear some thoughts from die-hard Clemson fans if there's any about.
I've got a gut feeling about Barkevious Mingo for some reason if he's there. I don't really know why, I've heard the same amount of rumors about him as some others, but his rumors just stay with me for some reason.

I'm wondering if we will indeed be in prime trade area. Let's think about this.
What we know: The Chargers select immediately behind us, they posses needs at a few positions. These positions are OT, OG, and could also upgrade the WR, LBer and CB positions. Following them at #12 is the Dolphins, who could also stand to upgrade the OT, OG?, CB and DE positions.

Those are two teams following us with eery similar needs. With the ammunition the Dolphins have, it's very possible they look to trade up ahead of the Chargers to grab a man they want. Guys who possibly could be there for the Dolphins, as well as others to target:
Lane Johnson - he's kind of the consolation prize, you don't get Joeckel or Fisher but you don't give up a ton of picks either.
Chance Warmack - some rate him as the highest in the draft, if all 3 OTs are gone, Warmack will likely be close behind
Cooper - If Warmack is gone, someone may trade up to assure they get Coop
Milliner - If Milliner falls, I'm sure some teams will be interested in him
Xavier Rhodes - The Dolphins and Bucs both reportedly really like him, so he likely won't get past those 2. Could someone else like him enough to jump those 2?
Austin/Patterson/Allen - The Vikings are interested in moving up, and getting there choice of the WRs may be too enticing to pass up. The Rams may also be wanting a WR and have the power to move up.
Mingo/Jones - If Jordan goes top 8, lets assume either Jones or Mingo may go to the Jets at 9. If there is another team that desparately wants a pass rusher, they may decide to move up for the one remaining

As for prospects, I watch Quanterus Smith earlier again and really really like him. If he's recovered from the ACL injury (haven't heard much about him durign the draft process to be honest) then I'd say he's worth a look. I would have taken him late 3rd if it wasn't for the injury, so I'd say he's worth a 4th or 5th if he seems recovered.

As for Goodman, he's got all the skills but from what I've seen he seems to play too soft for a guy his size, plus I'm skeptical of Clemson DE's all together. Maybe Goodman would be different since he's not a top rated undersized pass rusher like most (ricky sapp, Andre branch, gaines adams etc)
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if Jenkins is 100% now? I thought the type of injury he had could be hard to come back from. The dude looked pretty beastly a few years ago.
I am not sure, wish I had access to that information. I know he worked out positional drills at the combine. He may have been healthy enough to do that but not had proper time to train prior to it. For a guy that was supposed to look super athletic, he looked very stiff and uncoordinated in drills.

This doesn't bother me as much in the 4-3 defense as much as it would if i were a 3-4 team interested in him. If i were a 3-4 i would have dropped him down the board alot. with that said, based on his attributes, film and production, I think you've got to consider him even if we already have addressed the need early in the draft
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
So its officially one week until the draft. And I have zero idea on who we are going to take.

Like I've said a million times, this year I'm good with us drafting a TON of different players and there's not a lot that would really piss me off, but this is ultimately the pool of players that I personally want:

1) Ansah/Werner/Rhodes/Milliner

2) Warford/Hayden/Taylor or If by some strange act of God they were to drop, Carradine/Hunter/Hopkins/Eifert

3) Winters/Schwenke/Frederick/Webb/David Ricky/Swope

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 04-20-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be perfectly fine with a ton of guys too. Hope the staff can pick the right one!

Also, I've been reading another Titans board due to draft excitement and every time I do so I want to punch someone after about 5 minutes.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What board P2W? I need laughs! lol
Old 04-20-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titansreport, undoubtedly. That's the old titanscentral crew. I read that board all the time and post occasionally. There's a ton of good discussion there, but there's also a few members that I just cannot stand at all. Ya gotta know who to ignore.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to post on a Titans board, then it just turned into people posting pictures of feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I used to post on a Titans board, then it just turned into people posting pictures of feet.
Well wouldn't those pics be relevant in a football discusion?

[crickets]
Old 04-20-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Titansreport, undoubtedly. That's the old titanscentral crew. I read that board all the time and post occasionally. There's a ton of good discussion there, but there's also a few members that I just cannot stand at all. Ya gotta know who to ignore.
Looks like a few of those folks post here too. There were some sharp posters, but yeah, I remember some of those other types of members.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, Titans Report. I was on Titans Central back in the day so I migrated over there. There are definitely good posters and its fun to just talk Titans, but sometimes the intelligence/maturity level can be mind-numbingly low. Then again, the Draft and NFL forums here aren't too different.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-21-2013 at 02:04 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
That might have been a Tarantino board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Rex Ryan was a mod
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Bobo I see you messed around a bit over on Titans Report.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's a list of prospects that we've either visited with or are scheduled to visit with. There may be other names that aren't listed here, but this is the best that I could find based on a few different sites.

Local Visits:
QB Jordan Rodgers (Vanderbilt)
RB Zac Stacy (Vanderbilt)
RB Trabis Ward (Tennessee State)
FB Ben Bartholomew (Tennessee)
WR Zach Rogers (Tennessee)
DE Collins Ukwu (Kentucky)
DT Rob Lohr (Vanderbilt)

Senior Bowl / Combine / PreDraft Visits:
OT Luke Joeckel (TX A&M)
OT Kyle Long (Oregon)
OG Chance Warmack (Alabama)
OG Jonathan Cooper (North Carolina)
OG Larry Warford (Kentucky)
OG Brian Winters (Kent St)
OG Justin Pugh (Syracuse)
OG/C Barrett Jones (Alabama)
OG/C Brian Schwenke (Cal)
WR Quinton Patton (LA Tech)
DE Barkevious Mingo (LSU)
DE/OLB Dion Jordan (Oregon)
DT Sharrif Floyd (Florida)
MLB Manti Te'o (Notre Dame)
CB Will Davis (Utah St)
CB Sanders Commings (Georgia)
SS Kenny Vaccaro (Texas)
SS Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International)

I also read on another site that someone said they saw Assistant Secondary Coach Steve Brown visiting with Florida State players. That could mean lots of different folks -- probably on the defensive side of the ball (possibly CB Xavier Rhodes?). But I couldn't find any verification of that, so it might just be heresay. Still...it's interesting to think about.

Anyway...we tend to draft players that we've visited with at some point in the process. Looking at the list, it's VERY interior OL heavy, which makes me think that OG is definitely an early-round consideration -- though it's unclear whether that means a 1st Rounder (Warmack or Cooper), a 2nd Rounder (Warford or Pugh), or a 3rd Rounder (Winters or Jones). In particular, Winters seems like an interesting fit for us because he's a former left-tackle who was originally projected to right-tackle in the NFL before being re-projected to OG/C. To me, that shows quite a bit of versatility; and, since Stewart's getting up there in age, I wonder if we might use Winters at OG with plans of kicking him out to RT in the next couple seasons. Just a thought...

To me, the other curious thing is the relative lack of WRs and CBs on this list, as those were two positions that people have been speculating on since we haven't really addressed those positions in FA (other than Walter, who is nothing more than a depth guy). If the FSU visit rumor is true, I wonder if the team is targetting Xavier Rhodes with that #10 pick and banking the local product, Quinton Patton, being there in the 2nd Round after other WRs like Patterson, Austin, Allen, and Hopkins are off the board?

If I had to make a guess right now, based on this current info, I'd mock draft us Xavier Rhodes (1st), Quinton Patton (2nd), & Brian Winters (3rd). Not saying that's what I hope they do -- only that it seems like a realistic possibility at this point...
Anyone have a beat on our final list of 30 predraft visits? Mick posted this, but it doesn't have all 30. I've tried googling it and have come up empty save for the local visits.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Bobo I see you messed around a bit over on Titans Report.
Yeah I lurked there awhile, but figured I'd jump in some conversations. Draft time is one of the best times for jibber jabber. I didn't see...Bongo...maybe he is...dropping a dime...elsewhere...lol
Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Anyone have a beat on our final list of 30 predraft visits? Mick posted this, but it doesn't have all 30. I've tried googling it and have come up empty save for the local visits.
I wanna know this too, can tell a lot from it usually. Doesn't the Tennessean post some or all of the visits? Maybe I missed it.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wanna know this too, can tell a lot from it usually. Doesn't the Tennessean post some or all of the visits? Maybe I missed it.
Not sure, but I can't find anything, and the draft is this week. It'd really help us get a handle on what they're planning. From the list we have, we see a ton of OG's, but no other position has more than two players.

From looking them up myself on Twitter, Roto, etc. I can only find 21 names, and one of those was just said to have our interest (Xavier Rhodes). I have:

G CHANCE WARMACK
G JONATHAN COOPER
G BRIAN WINTERS
G JUSTIN PUGH
G LARRY WARFORD
G/C TRAVIS FREDERICK

S KENNY VACCARO
S JONATHAN CYPRIEN
S MATT ELAM
S ERIC REID
S JJ WILCOX

CB XAVIER RHODES
CB DEE MILLINER
CB SANDERS COMMINGS
CB KHALID WOOTEN

DE BARKEVIOUS MINGO
DE DION JORDAN
DE DATONE JONES

WR QUINTON PATTON

DT SHARRIF FLOYD

ILB KIKO ALONZO

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Someone on Titans Report compiled this list. Obviously, only the private ones count. Also Bray tweeted that him, Patterson, Hunter, and Zach Rogers had a workout with the Titans. I'm pretty sure UT guys count against the 30, unless any of those guys are actually from around Nashville. Also Stacy, Patton, and Jordan Rodgers don't count against the 30 because they are local. I'm not sure if it adds up to 30, but I'm sure there are some that we simply haven't heard about.

OL
Travis Fredericks (private)
Luke Joeckel (combine)
Brian Winters (senior bowl, combine, pro day, private workout)
Kyle Long (combine)
Chance Warmack (private)
Jonathan Cooper (private)
Brian Schwenke (senior bowl, private)
Barret Jones (combine)
Justin Pugh (private)
Larry Warford (private)

RB
Zac Stacy

WR
Quinton Patton
Tyrone Goard

QB
Jordan Rodgers

DL
Sharrif Floyd (private)
Barkevious Mingo (private)
John Jenkins (private)
Datone Jones (private)
Dion Jordan (private)

LB
Manti Teo (combine)
Kiki Alonso (private)
Kevin Minter (private)

DB
Dee Milliner (private)
Xavier Rhodes
Kenny Vaccarro (combine, private)
Will Davis CB Utah St. (Senior)
Sanders Commings (private)
John Cyprien (private)
JJ Wilcox (private)
Matt Elam (private)
Bacarri Rambo (private)
Khalid Wooten (private)
Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

man look at all those visits with Winters
Old 04-22-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Yeahhhhh, buddy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I've got several G's in front of him, just not all that impressed.

One thing I do think he has problem with is some technique stuff and playing out of control. He is big, physical, and a good athlete. Maybe the faults they see are ones they think they can work on? I mean if you are HOF OL like Munch/Matthews, don't you feel the need to coach up a guy? Maybe...just maybe.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I like Winters. He's a bit stiff, but he's strong and plays mean. There are definitely guys I have above him, but if we took Winters in the 3rd I would be really happy with that pick.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Winters has all the tools to be a very good guard, and he could likely be had in the 3rd. We haven't taken a first round lineman since like 92 or 93, and I expect that to continue. Winters is the player to develop.

What I see when I watch Winters is a pretty athletic offensive lineman that can get downfield. He's pretty technically sound, although he could use work. He's mean and shows an attitude.

He does struggle at times though, but in a 3rd round guy thats what I'd expect
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm pretty much assuming we take Winters with our 3rd RD pick. And I think it'll be an outstanding pick. I liked him before, and the coaches' persistent interest in him only reinforces that. We'll also be taking a safety, and it'll probably be in the 2nd. Then a CB with our 3rd RD comp. or 4th RDer, and ILB with whichever of those two picks we didn't use on CB.

I'm forcing myself to assume we'll consider pass-rushers beyond Mingo, Jordan, and Jones, and the only reason those three were brought in and not Ansah, Werner, and Carradine was because they wanted to see how the former three would fit in a 4-3 DEF. Mingo and Jordan are more 3-4 OLBs and Jones is more of a 3-4 DE. But, they could pass on DE if both are gone and go with Milliner or Rhodes, which would mean we'd probably go DE with our comp. 3rd or 4th instead of CB. Michael Buchanan or Corey Lemonier would be swell.

Otherwise, I really can't explain what they were thinking with the DE visits. *shrug*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.