Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans_Dynasty85
Hey guys with all the recent juniors declaring for the draft, do you think we have a shot at either...

Jamaal Anderson- DE, Arkansas
Reggie Nelson- FS, Florida
Tedd Ginn Jr.- WR, Ohio State

I put these guys in order of who I would most want on the Titans.
I'm down with that order.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson is not gonna drop to our pick, it's just not gonna happen, so we can get that out of our minds.

I'm still holding out hope on Dorsey, but I think it is also unlikely that he lasts. I love Okoye and Charles Johnson also.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Anderson is not gonna drop to our pick, it's just not gonna happen, so we can get that out of our minds.

I'm still holding out hope on Dorsey, but I think it is also unlikely that he lasts. I love Okoye and Charles Johnson also.
Johnson=Stud

Old 01-08-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:

Johnson=Stud
I'd take him over Moses. I'm not a fan of Moses at all.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:

Johnson=Stud
I'd take him over Moses. I'm not a fan of Moses at all.
Johnson is a beast, always getting pressure.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

That was a GREAT game 8) :D

Old 01-08-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greta game for Leak, he showed good pocket pressence, and always was able to find the open reciever. Personally this is how my draft board shapes up:

Patrick Willis
Reggie Nelson
Ted Ginn Jr.
Quentin Moses

All thos players I could possibly see fall to us, with the exception of Nelson and Willis who could be considered the top players at their positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Moses...ewww. I'm not a fan of defensive lineman with suspect motors. Give me a KVB type guy over a freak athlete that takes plays off any day of the week.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Trojan Gangster
Rookie

Trojan Gangster hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can someone give me a list of all the Titans picks for the draft. Like the extra ones for McNair/Volek etc. I'm gonna have a go at doing a Titans mock draft...
Old 01-09-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Moses...ewww. I'm not a fan of defensive lineman with suspect motors. Give me a KVB type guy over a freak athlete that takes plays off any day of the week.
I still take that on potential and freakish talent, call me an "Al Davis" type fan lol, still would like P Willie though

Quote:
Old 01-09-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Trojan Gangster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Gangster
Can someone give me a list of all the Titans picks for the draft. Like the extra ones for McNair/Volek etc. I'm gonna have a go at doing a Titans mock draft...
Actually the McNair pick was last year wasn't it? Is the only extra pick the Volek one?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Actually the McNair pick was last year wasn't it? Is the only extra pick the Volek one?
No it's this year.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Titansfan777

I have a question...Is it possible to get another 1st rounder with a combo of like:

2nd rounder (#13 with Strength of schedule)
3rd rounder
4th rounder (via Ravens)

to a team like Patriots so we could draft a guy like Michael Griffin to go along with a guy like Ted Ginn or Sydney Rice.

What do you think of trading other picks for another 1st rounder???
Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan777
I have a question...Is it possible to get another 1st rounder with a combo of like:

3rd rounder
4th rounder (via Ravens)

to a team like Patriots so we could draft a guy like Michael Griffin to go along with a guy like Ted Ginn or Sydney Rice.

Im not sure I would do that just because there is alot of depth in this draft ans 2nd rounders(possibly third) will be very valuable. If anything, trading up for a higher 1st rounder would be better, to get someone such as Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Patrick Willis and Reggie Nelson

Quote:
Old 01-09-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

3rd rounder
4th rounder (via Ravens)

Use this chart to determine trade ups and trade downs

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/fea...aluechart.html
Old 01-09-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Titansfan777

It works, it really works
Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

I would rather have the more picks than another, I wouldn't trading up 8 picks or so in the second round and pick a WR, then that would let us go Defense first round and BPA in the 3rd.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Trojan Gangster
Rookie

Not sure how good this looks, just having a go at it...

Mock NFL Draft 2007 - Tennessee Titans

1st Round pick: Ted Ginn JR, WR, Ohio State

2nd Round pick: Tim Crowder, DE, Texas

3rd Round pick: Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech

4th Round pick: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

4th Round pick (From Ravens): A.J. Davis, CB, NC State

5th Round Pick: David Harris, ILB, Michigan

6th Round Pick: Justin Rascati, QB, James Madison

6th Round Pick (From Chargers): Antonio Johnson, DT, Mississipi State

7th Round Pick: Ameer Ismail, OLB, Western Michigan
Old 01-10-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Titansfan777

1st Round pick: Ted Ginn WR
The most versatile skill-player in the draft. He will provide a great target for VY and is one of the fastest WR's to ever come out(once ran a 4.06). He can also return punts/kicks and will really help out our offense.

2nd Round pick: Brandon Merriweather FS
The 3rd best safety in the draft. He has had some character issues, but he is too good of a player at a needed position. He could start right away and replace Thompson. He is a true playmaker and will really hlep.

3rd Round pick: Kyle Young/Dan Mozes C
As good as Mawae has been, he wont be around forever and we get a replacement for him to be groomed as the next starter. They are both very large and very agile and strong. Both are just great prospects.

4th Round pick: Manuel Ramirez OG
Olsen and Piller are not the answer and both are old so why not get a new guard to eventually replace them. He has great size and is amazingly strong. He could start right away on the line and help with his pure power.

4th Round pick: David Harris MLB
A guy who is considered to be the most underated player in the nation. He is the complete package for a MLB. He has great size and skills and is a guy who never misses tackles. He could be better than Tulloch.

5th Round Pick: Lorenzo Booker RB
With the loss of Chris Brown and since Travis Henry is a FA, we need a solid backup RB and Booker is an FA. He is very fast and is a big threat receiving out of the backfield. A good signing even if TH comes back.

6th Round Pick: Tyler Palko QB
VY has been great, but what happens if he were to go down. Here we get a QB to come in and help out or replace him. He is also a good running QB and is just a solid guy to take to be with VY.

6th Round Pick: Prescott Burgess OLB
The guy would be great for us. He has amazing athleticim with great size and great instincts. He is basically a raw form of Kieth Bulluck in terms of skills and how he plays.

7th Round Pick: Matt Trannon TE
A WR stuck in a TE's body. He has amazing speed and has amazing size at 6'7" and still has amazing agility with great hands. He needs to add 15-20 pounds, but he is just an amazing athlete and could be a stud.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of my draft???
Old 01-10-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Strangejono

I must say Ilove the Merriweather pick. I know he has some personality issues, but he's a first round talent and no matter what he does, as long as he's on the field he's better than Thompson
Old 01-10-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:

1st Round pick: Ted Ginn WR
The most versatile skill-player in the draft. He will provide a great target for VY and is one of the fastest WR's to ever come out(once ran a 4.06). He can also return punts/kicks and will really help out our offense.

2nd Round pick: Brandon Merriweather FS
The 3rd best safety in the draft. He has had some character issues, but he is too good of a player at a needed position. He could start right away and replace Thompson. He is a true playmaker and will really hlep.

3rd Round pick: Kyle Young/Dan Mozes C
As good as Mawae has been, he wont be around forever and we get a replacement for him to be groomed as the next starter. They are both very large and very agile and strong. Both are just great prospects.

4th Round pick: Manuel Ramirez OG
Olsen and Piller are not the answer and both are old so why not get a new guard to eventually replace them. He has great size and is amazingly strong. He could start right away on the line and help with his pure power.

4th Round pick: David Harris MLB
A guy who is considered to be the most underated player in the nation. He is the complete package for a MLB. He has great size and skills and is a guy who never misses tackles. He could be better than Tulloch.

5th Round Pick: Lorenzo Booker RB
With the loss of Chris Brown and since Travis Henry is a FA, we need a solid backup RB and Booker is an FA. He is very fast and is a big threat receiving out of the backfield. A good signing even if TH comes back.

6th Round Pick: Tyler Palko QB
VY has been great, but what happens if he were to go down. Here we get a QB to come in and help out or replace him. He is also a good running QB and is just a solid guy to take to be with VY.

6th Round Pick: Prescott Burgess OLB
The guy would be great for us. He has amazing athleticim with great size and great instincts. He is basically a raw form of Kieth Bulluck in terms of skills and how he plays.

7th Round Pick: Matt Trannon TE
A WR stuck in a TE's body. He has amazing speed and has amazing size at 6'7" and still has amazing agility with great hands. He needs to add 15-20 pounds, but he is just an amazing athlete and could be a stud.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of my draft???
1st round:The BPA pick at our selection. He fills a need and has so much untapped potential. Is the same boom/bust pick as Vince Young was last year. He has perhaps the most playmaking ability of anyone in the draft. Great pick

2nd round:Very very good pick here, as he could immediately replace Lamont Thompson and be beter then him. Was considered a first round pick before the season began but fell due to character issues. I feel though that a strong safety who is a bit angry at everything is a great thing for stopping people going over the middle.

3rd Round:Kyle Young could perhaps be a great pick in the third round, just because he has the right blend of size and speed for a center prospect. Seems as if him being a four year starter would fit right in with our team. Dan Mozes could be a very bad pick in the third just because he doesn't have typical size of an interior lineman. Would definately draft him in later rounds.

4th round(a): I really do like Manuel Ramirez for our O line, he seems to have a great intensity and grit for a lineman. Doesn't back down from nothing and represents all his teammates. However, he may be gone by this round.

4th round(b): I kinda dislike this pick just because it seems as if he may have reached his athletic peak. If i had to select him or Tulloch, I would choose Tulloch. The one thing that I do like about Harris though is that he has run stopping ability and is a huge man in the middle

5th round:Another very good pick, and could be the "Lightning" to Lendale White's "Thunder". Very quick and agile and could make the catches out of the backfield. His small and slender frame though would be his downside considering he will be facing stronger, bigger and better athetes at the next level. Could be gone before this round as well.

6th round(a):Intriguing pick here, but I just don't see it happening. It could be a decent idea, however I think the better option would be signing a veteran QB to back Young up, and give him tips. Better picks could include Ryan Moore(WR) or Ikaika Alama-Francis(DE)

6th round(b):Very good raw prospect. Could get a bit better at the point of attack, but has a very good frame. Could turn into a viable backup or a special teamer

7th round:Here comes another "Antonio Gates" project. Has an incredible size for a football player, and could be a menace in the red zone. Is not that much of a gamble this late in the draft, but could turn out to be a very good steal. Very nice pick

Overall I would give this draft a B+, very solid overall and just two of the mid round picks I dislike. If our draft turned this output out i would be very happy with our GM

Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Not bad, but I still feel that yall are ignoring our biggest need. It's brutally obvious that we need defensive lineman. We were 4th to last in sacks, and 3rd to last in rush defense. Get better up front, the the back end of the defense will look better without significant changes. I still feel we need 2 starting quality players on the DL, at RDE and at DT. You can get a decent safety in the mid rounds, hell we have 2 of them on our roster already that haven't gotten a shot. I don't think we "need" a playmaker at FS at all, we just need a guy that won't screwup at least once per game like LaMont does. However I do think we NEED playmakers up front. It all starts up front, just look at Baltimore, SD, NE, and CHI. They are all in the playoffs and they all have great front 7s. We don't have the horses up front no matter how you slice it. Also throw in the fact that Fisher will probably have more of a say in the personnel decisions this year, and I think it's more likely that we get a DL early, unless we get it in FA, because of his penchant for defensive players.

I also do not think that Ginn is going to last to pick 19.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he is gone by 19 - I like him but i'm not sold on him being an NFL WR mainly due to the fact he seems to have his heart at CB and he hasn't got ankle breaking agility which smaller WR's tend to need in the NFL. He runs a very fast straight line, great for punt returns, but we already have an NFL top 3 punt returner.

Personally, I think we need either a MLB, FS or DE in the 1st round. Could be some top 10 talent there at 19 in thos positions.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't think we'll draft Merriweather, not with Fisher having more power now. I'm not sure Kyle Young will last to the third, but if he did, that would be a GREAT pick. But overall, I think we go DL in the first round. I hope we do, anyway. The only WR I would pick at 19 would be Jarrett. I would be VERY tempted by Reggie Nelson if he is there. Otherwise, I go DL...best available at DT OR DE.

Oh, and I love those later round picks, 7. I'm not sure any of those guys will fall that far, but they're all great value where you have them.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Kyle Young worries me alot as a prospect. I don't see him playing center in the NFL at all, more likely to be a guard, and even then I'm not sure that he's any different than Piller/Olson are and that is a slow footed guy that can't operate in space. When I'm evaluating OL, I like guys that have mobility and aren't just fat slugs out there. Guys like Ben Grubbs are the ones I keep my eye one, he's my favorite OL prospect this year.