Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans_Dynasty85
Here is my best case (realistic) scenario for the 1st 3 rounds for the Titans draft...

1. Reggie Nelson- FS, Florida
2. Jarvis Moss- DE, Florida
3. Best WR available.

What are yours?
Ideally i'd like to go DE 1st but I wouldn't complain with that. Part of me wishes we'd trade up and get Adams or Anderson though.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan
Quote:
Here is my best case (realistic) scenario for the 1st 3 rounds for the Titans draft...

3. Best WR available.

What are yours?
Ideally i'd like to go DE 1st but I wouldn't complain with that. Part of me wishes we'd trade up and get Adams or Anderson though.
The problem with that is that unless we trade up into the top 7, we definately aren't guranteed anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan
Quote:

3. Best WR available.

What are yours?
The problem with that is that unless we trade up into the top 7, we definately aren't guranteed anything
Yep, and the problem with that is that trading into the top 6-7 picks from pick 19 is extremely costly, not to mention hard to pull off (from the standpoint of actually acquiring a trade parter).

I'm ready to get everything started now. Free agency, senior bowl, combine, draft, all of it.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
cdf2108

New sig 8)
Old 01-16-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Titans should try and trade up if either Reggie Nelson or Jamaal Anderson if one of them falls out of the top 10. With how many draft picks the Titans have, they could trade up 4 or 5 spots and still have plenty of picks. They should also go for a guy like Asante Samuel unless they get Reggie Nelson therefore not having as much of a need at DB.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan #53
I need a sig
Here are some sigs people have made for me, just give them credit for it.

By Green Gang

Sig by stephenson86

Sig by LTgiants

Sig by stephenson86

By darnik44two

By darnik44two

By DChess

By darnik44two

By darnik44two

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BUC WILD

hello all .... Im new to the forum ... I have been a titans fan for a while and I look forward to chatting w/ you all
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been thinking about the Titans' draft possibilities (just like the rest of you) and it occurred to me what we should do (at least in my opinion).

I know a lot of people want the Titans to trade up and grab a marquee player, but I suggest that we should trade down. Wide receiver is a glaring need and, fortunately for us, it happens to be one of the deepest positions in the draft. After Calvin Johnson gets picked, there is a big drop off in talent that spans from Ginn and Jarrett to Rice and Meachem. Our other needs include D-Line, Corner, MLB, and maybe FS. When I look at the potential FAs available (Freeney, J. Smith, A. Samuel, N. Clements) and the amount of cap room we have, I think it is likely that we shore up our DE position as well as corner -- maybe we end up with Justin Smith and Nate Clements. That means we should shift our attention to MLB and WR. MLB is not very deep this year; after Patrick Willis comes off the board, we'd have to settle for H.B. Blades or Brandon Siler. However, a guy like Robert Meachem could end up being as good or better than Ginn and Jarrett. Therefore, we should trade down and grab them. Who will we trade with? How about the Patriots?

Assuming the Pats lose to the Colts this week (which is no sure thing) they will have picks #24 and #28. With these picks, we could probably get Willis with #24 and Meachem at #28. Using the NFL draft pick point value chart, I figured out a trade that we could do and come away exactly even:

Titans receive: Patriots picks #1, #1, #4 = 1448 points
Patriots receive: Titans picks #1, #2, #3, #7 = 1448 points

I understand that the exact draft order is yet to be determined, but if the season ended today, this is probably what it would look like.

Will the Patriots be interested in trading up? Possibly. Maybe they would like a shot at Ginn or Jarrett if they fall to #19 to compliment Chad Jackson and Ben Watson. Maybe they'd like a top corner who might fall; I don't know. All I know is that Meachem and/or Willis are probably not going to fall to us in Round 2, and I think it would be wise to snatch these two should we get the chance.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict
I've been thinking about the Titans' draft possibilities (just like the rest of you) and it occurred to me what we should do (at least in my opinion).

I know a lot of people want the Titans to trade up and grab a marquee player, but I suggest that we should trade down. Wide receiver is a glaring need and, fortunately for us, it happens to be one of the deepest positions in the draft. After Calvin Johnson gets picked, there is a big drop off in talent that spans from Ginn and Jarrett to Rice and Meachem. Our other needs include D-Line, Corner, MLB, and maybe FS. When I look at the potential FAs available (Freeney, J. Smith, A. Samuel, N. Clements) and the amount of cap room we have, I think it is likely that we shore up our DE position as well as corner -- maybe we end up with Justin Smith and Nate Clements. That means we should shift our attention to MLB and WR. MLB is not very deep this year; after Patrick Willis comes off the board, we'd have to settle for H.B. Blades or Brandon Siler. However, a guy like Robert Meachem could end up being as good or better than Ginn and Jarrett. Therefore, we should trade down and grab them. Who will we trade with? How about the Patriots?

Assuming the Pats lose to the Colts this week (which is no sure thing) they will have picks #24 and #28. With these picks, we could probably get Willis with #24 and Meachem at #28. Using the NFL draft pick point value chart, I figured out a trade that we could do and come away exactly even:

Titans receive: Patriots picks #1, #1, #4 = 1448 points
Patriots receive: Titans picks #1, #2, #3, #7 = 1448 points

I understand that the exact draft order is yet to be determined, but if the season ended today, this is probably what it would look like.

Will the Patriots be interested in trading up? Possibly. Maybe they would like a shot at Ginn or Jarrett if they fall to #19 to compliment Chad Jackson and Ben Watson. Maybe they'd like a top corner who might fall; I don't know. All I know is that Meachem and/or Willis are probably not going to fall to us in Round 2, and I think it would be wise to snatch these two should we get the chance.
I really don't see the Pats trading up, most of the time they trade down, but i would love that deal.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan_32
hello all .... Im new to the forum ... I have been a titans fan for a while and I look forward to chatting w/ you all
Hey nice to hear from anothe titan fans, we need some more on here. 8) :D

Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzy
New sig 8)
I like 8)

Old 01-18-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

What are your thoughts on Albert Haynesworth? Will he be back next year? Could he be traded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Salami

Hey fellow Titans fans. My name is George and I am a huge Titans fan. I have NFL Sunday Ticket just to watch the Titans play every Sunday since we get no respect with no nationally televised games even though we have the potentially best player ever to play the game in Vince Young and a potential Deion Sanders type corner in Pacman Jones.

I am new member to this board although I have been reading the forums for a long time now.

I would like for any of the following 1st round draft picks to fall into the hands of the powerful Tennessee Titans:

Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn Jr.
Patrick Willis
Laron Landry
Reggie Nelson
Michael Griffin
Sidney Rice
Justin Blalock
Darelle Revis

How do you post those pictures on the bottom? Any information would be appreciated? Thank you.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
WarriorFootballFanatic

Default What do the Titans get by drafting Ginn?

What do they get?????

A fast WR...a decent KR...

ANOTHER poor route runner with average at best hands!!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
What are your thoughts on Albert Haynesworth? Will he be back next year? Could he be traded?
Very tough situation to guage. Personally, I think he's back for at least one more year. There are alot of people that think he should be cut/traded this offseason though because of an inconsistent motor, and because of his salary next year. I don't see him being cut for salary reasons though, because of how much money we have.

I was reading an article on ESPN, though, that mentioned after the Houston game, Haynesworth's agent was informed that the team would be open to discussing a new deal with AH, since his contract is up after next year. I don't think we'll know what's gonna happen until it actually does, because Jeff Fisher has the Nashville media on lockdown.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Here who we took(aNYtitan) with the second pick in the Mock Draft 8) ,aNYtitan did the write up 8) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
The Tennessee Titans select:

Jamaal Anderson - Defensive End - University of Arkansas

Even though it took a lot to move up here, we get a player that makes an immediate impact at defense. Jamaal Anderson is a freak in every sense of the word. He is an immense, fast, big-bodied animal who has shown us his dominance while at Arkansas. He will immediatly become someone that can relate with the other youngsters on this team. Anderson will make a lot of Titans fans completely forget about Jevon Kearse and make an immediate impact.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Default Re: New Titans Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
Hey fellow Titans fans. My name is George and I am a huge Titans fan. I have NFL Sunday Ticket just to watch the Titans play every Sunday since we get no respect with no nationally televised games even though we have the potentially best player ever to play the game in Vince Young and a potential Deion Sanders type corner in Pacman Jones.

I am new member to this board although I have been reading the forums for a long time now.

I would like for any of the following 1st round draft picks to fall into the hands of the powerful Tennessee Titans:

Dwayne Jarrett
Ted Ginn Jr.
Patrick Willis
Laron Landry
Reggie Nelson
Michael Griffin
Sidney Rice
Justin Blalock
Darelle Revis

How do you post those pictures on the bottom? Any information would be appreciated? Thank you.
Hey, nice to have another titan fan on here 8) , IMO it would have to be.
Nelson #1/a
Ginn #1/b
Jarret #2

in that order.

To use a pictue go to your profile to put a link in, but it can't be to big, you can go to this thread and ask someone to make you one..
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ic.php?t=29779
or your the ones that people have made for me overtime on this website( Just give them credit for the Sig, EX: made by who ever)
Here are some sigs people have made for me, just give them credit for it.

By Green Gang

Sig by stephenson86

Sig by LTgiants

Sig by stephenson86

By darnik44two

By darnik44two

By DChess

By darnik44two

By darnik44two

Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

How in god's name did you guys trade up 17 slots?!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Pats traded up to get CJ, but not pay looking at the fact that the raider traded Moss and porter, so the Pats GM told us, if CJ would go first overall(Which he did), he would trade with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Trade Accepted

Titans Receive
Pats #1 pick(Second Overall)

Patriots Receive
Titans 1st round pick (#19)
Titans 2nd Round pick (#51)
Drew Bennett (WR)
Peter Sirmon(LB)

Titans get to move up for an impact player, since they may be one or two big guys away from the playoffs, plus they get good value. The Patriots only moved up for Calvin (duh,) and will take the hit in value to get two solid players, that both fill needs, plus get themselves a 2nd round pick. May not be the best trade in terms of value, but it fits and keeps the mock going.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Pats traded up to get CJ, but not pay looking at the fact that the raider traded Moss and porter, so the Pats GM told us, if CJ would go first overall(Which he did), he would trade with us.

Quote:
Trade Accepted

Titans Receive

Patriots Receive
Drew Bennett (WR)
Peter Sirmon(LB)

Titans get to move up for an impact player, since they may be one or two big guys away from the playoffs, plus they get good value. The Patriots only moved up for Calvin (duh,) and will take the hit in value to get two solid players, that both fill needs, plus get themselves a 2nd round pick. May not be the best trade in terms of value, but it fits and keeps the mock going.
All that for Jamaal Anderson.

He must be great.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:

Quote:
Trade Accepted

Titans Receive

Patriots Receive
Drew Bennett (WR)
Peter Sirmon(LB)

All that for Jamaal Anderson.

He must be great.
Well Scott compared him to Richard Seymor, and he compares himself to Julius Peppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Salami

Thanks smittyjs for the information.

However, I seem to have mixed it up. The avatar is the pic on the side right? Where do you put it in the reply or profile for the pic in the signature. Do u put the link or what? Thank you.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tennessee Titans - Super Bowl XLII Champions

That sounds nice.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Default Re: Signature Pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
Thanks smittyjs for the information.
However, I seem to have mixed it up. The avatar is the pic on the side right? Where do you put it in the reply or profile for the pic in the signature. Do u put the link or what? Thank you.
Copy and paste this in front of the link(one in your sig, or under your writing [img] and put this at the end of the link [/img], then the picture will show up. And if you would put By darnik44 next to it, to give him credit for it.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

By darnik44two

or just hit the Quote button, top right of this post and just copy the Link(with IMG thing and who it is by).

EDIT: it works. 8)