Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-24-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...not much news. So I will rant.

I downloaded the new roster updates for Madden on the 360, and they are pretty horrible for us. VY went up 2 OVR, that's fine. Henry is an 88, that's fine. Brandon Jones is only a 77....Bobby Wade is higher than him. That's very questionable.

The one's that are REALLY bad though, are our OT's. Michael Roos is a freaking 81 overall. 81! Fatass Leonard Davis is rated higher than him. They just bumped Marcus McNeill up about 10 overall points, and Roos can't get 1 point? It's all about hype. Roos is rated behind the likes of Derrick Deese, Mike Rosenthal, Jeff Backus, Kevin Shaffer, Roman Oben, Kevin Barry, and Ephraim f'n Salaam.

Stewart is even worse, he's a 75....with 85 strength. LOL. He's one of the weakest starting OT's on the game. Give me a break.

Zach Piller is still rated an 87 and Jacob Bell an 81. I'd flip flop those.

Pacman is an 84....same as Antrel Rolle and 3 points behind Carlos Rogers. Behind Marlin Jackson that doesn't even start half the time, Tory James, Samari Rolle, Brian Williams, Anthony Henry. EA must be stuck in 2005.

LaMont Thompson is an 83....they were too kind LOL.

I hate EA.

[/rant]
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mince me if u want but i want to see the colts win the bowl, i dont see them as a team i hate, i have alot of respect for them

my dad supports the bears so i want to laugh at him when they lose
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
mince me if u want but i want to see the colts win the bowl, i dont see them as a team i hate, i have alot of respect for them

How can you root for the Colts :roll: , if they win we have to listen to their fans talk sh!t all next season. plus I HATE payton manning

O yeah...I ment to post this a while back but I've been really busy, me and a buddy talked to coach fisher's son who we went to middle school with and played sports with....and he said that the Titans will make a BIG offseason move in free agency

also I read in the Chattanooga paper today that we are close to signing a GM but they wouldnt say who they had been talking about but it did list a few names of people they had beeen given permission to talk to...Mike Reinfeldt and Ruston Webster from the Seahawks, Miami General manager Randy Mueller, Green Bay director of pro personel Reggie McKenzie and Jacksonville pro personnel director Charles Baily

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not sure, but I also have the same idea. I want to see Peyton win it eventually because then I will have hope about A-Rod winning the world series. Peyton is a classy guy, and he only had two outbursts that I can recall, but those outbursts were called for(one for his defense to step it up this season and one against Vanerjagt after he called him out). I also really like Bob Saunders, he shows grit as well as toughness being one of the smallest guys out there but being able to make all the plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Yeah...not much news. So I will rant.

I downloaded the new roster updates for Madden on the 360, and they are pretty horrible for us. VY went up 2 OVR, that's fine. Henry is an 88, that's fine. Brandon Jones is only a 77....Bobby Wade is higher than him. That's very questionable.

The one's that are REALLY bad though, are our OT's. Michael Roos is a freaking 81 overall. 81! Fatass Leonard Davis is rated higher than him. They just bumped Marcus McNeill up about 10 overall points, and Roos can't get 1 point? It's all about hype. Roos is rated behind the likes of Derrick Deese, Mike Rosenthal, Jeff Backus, Kevin Shaffer, Roman Oben, Kevin Barry, and Ephraim f'n Salaam.

Stewart is even worse, he's a 75....with 85 strength. LOL. He's one of the weakest starting OT's on the game. Give me a break.

Zach Piller is still rated an 87 and Jacob Bell an 81. I'd flip flop those.

Pacman is an 84....same as Antrel Rolle and 3 points behind Carlos Rogers. Behind Marlin Jackson that doesn't even start half the time, Tory James, Samari Rolle, Brian Williams, Anthony Henry. EA must be stuck in 2005.

LaMont Thompson is an 83....they were too kind LOL.

I hate EA.

[/rant]
You forgot Chris Hope, he is a 90 ovr
and Finnegan is a 75, but his picture shows up as Chris Brown.
and Hall is still a 73 ovr which is BS.
Rob "my" Bironas has 93 KP now!
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:

I'm not sure, but I also have the same idea. I want to see Peyton win it eventually because then I will have hope about A-Rod winning the world series. Peyton is a classy guy, and he only had two outbursts that I can recall, but those outbursts were called for(one for his defense to step it up this season and one against Vanerjagt after he called him out). I also really like Bob Saunders, he shows grit as well as toughness being one of the smallest guys out there but being able to make all the plays
You two are nuts.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:

You two are nuts.
I'm with you , that duct tape isn't going to hold the colts defense together forever......

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott said the ttitans were really looking at these WR during the senior bowl........
Paul Williams
Jason Hill
Aundrae Allison
Dallas Baker

Old 01-25-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Scott said the ttitans were really looking at these WR during the senior bowl........
Paul Williams
Jason Hill
Aundrae Allison
Dallas Baker
I could see Paul Williams being a steal in the later rounds. He his a nice big frame, and adequate speed to run past recievers, he just has to show a stronger work ethic. Another name that could be a steal in the mid rounds is Ryan Moore from U of Miami. He is a tall lanky reciever, that could be dangerous as a slot reciever in the red zone because of his height and agility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
cdf2108

With the Titans looking at those receivers it hints at us going for a WR in later rounds, therefore drafting a stud on D in the 1st 8)
Old 01-25-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty said in his team-needs page that the Titans might let Haynesworth go. And I believe I also read on another site that this may have been his last year as a Titan. What's the real deal? Is Fisher letting him go in March or is he going to keep him and try to build around him?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko
Scotty said in his team-needs page that the Titans might let Haynesworth go. And I believe I also read on another site that this may have been his last year as a Titan. What's the real deal? Is Fisher letting him go in March or is he going to keep him and try to build around him?
In my opinion I really dont see us letting Haynseworth go. Without fat albert in the middle we take a huge step back on the defensive front, which is already a weak spot for us. I could be wrong but I think it would be a dumb move to let him go

All-hail Bulluck
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't see him being let go either. I think we will either sign him to an extension, or let him play out his conrtact next year and determine what to do.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't see him being let go either. I think we will either sign him to an extension, or let him play out his conrtact next year and determine what to do.
I really don't see us getting him an extension till next season is over.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
I really don't see us getting him an extension till next season is over.
There was something in an article on ESPN that said we contacted Haynesworth's agent after the 2nd Houston game and said that we were open to discussing a contract extension.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Speaking publicly for the first time since the resignation of General Manager Floyd Reese, Titans owner Bud Adams said “we had to make a change and unfortunately it had to be Floyd.”

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS01/70123080

All-hail Bulluck
Old 01-25-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Salami

What do you guys think about drafting CB Aaron Ross in the second round? Do you think it is possible the Titans draft Aaron Ross in the second? Do you think he will still be on the board at the Titans 2nd round pick? How about Tim Crowder in the 3rd or 4th?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
What do you guys think about drafting CB Aaron Ross in the second round? Do you think it is possible the Titans draft Aaron Ross in the second? Do you think he will still be on the board at the Titans 2nd round pick? How about Tim Crowder in the 3rd or 4th?
I'm of the opinion that CB should primarily be addressed in FA this offseason. I'd absolutely love for the Titans to spend some of their cap room on bringing in a good vet CB, as opposed to drafting yet another rookie at the position who will need to start (since I think we're all in agreement that R-Hill needs to be a backup and Finnegan is great in his nickel CB role). If we sign a vet CB, I wouldn't mind picking up a CB in the draft--but not until the late rounds, maybe a player with potential or an unknown that they could coach up.

I wouldn't mind Crowder in the 3rd or 4th, but I guess that might also depend on what we do in FA.

I'm just hoping that we address WR & rush DEF (whether that is DE, DT, or MLB) in the first 3 rounds...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think we'll be able to get a good WR in the draft (if that's what we want), whether it be in the 1st or the 2nd. Bowe, Ginn, Meachem, Rice, Jarrett are all possibilities for the first. Personally, I prefer them: Bowe, Meach, Jarrett, Ginn, Rice, in that order. And in the second, there will probably be some good ones available like Higgins, Buster Davis, Jason Hill, or Gonzo.

The one position that has me stumped is FS, mainly because we have no idea how the coaching staff feels about Fuller or Lowry. I haven't heard anything on either of them. All I know is they really liked Fuller his rookie year before he went on IR, and they wanted him to play in nickel packages. Lowry might be one of our best special teams tacklers. I guess it all depends on if they feel one of them can be the starter. I personally like Fuller because he has more speed and range than Lowry does.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Alot of speculation going around that Fish may not get an extension this offseason. Just a rumor right now, but apparently it's being speculated by more than one source.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Adams said the titans will have there GM NEXT WEEK.

Also we drafted Kyle Young and Pittman. 8)
With the 126th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Antonio Pittman RB from The Ohio St
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=160722

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnL3VzcU1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gz42PIX1ZM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voWUMHC16xM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voWUMHC16xM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mVzt_AAQRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMhonqcbXv8

8) Pittman was to big of a steal to pass up, not knowing how much longer Henry and Brown will be around, he could one day be a great RB tandem for many years to come. 8)

Old 01-26-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/16550021.htm

Quote:
Wide receiver Donté Stallworth also probably is going bye-bye. The free-agent crop of wideouts is extremely lean, and Stallworth, who averaged 19.1 yards per catch this season, is expected to draw quite a bit of interest.

As with Garcia, the Eagles have said they wouldn't be averse to re-signing Stallworth. But they're not interested in a bidding war. General manager Tom Heckert is on record as saying he and coach Andy Reid would be content playing with a four-man receiving corps of Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant and Greg Lewis. Wonder how Todd Pinkston's footsies are doing?
I wouldn't mind bringing back one of my favorite Vol players... 8)

Old 01-27-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Salami

Any chance we fire Jim Schwartz as our DC and hire Mike Singletary as our new DC. Watching the Senior Bowl, he can flat out teach and motivate players as well as challenging them to give their all out effort. I believe he would be an upgrade as DC.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
Any chance we fire Jim Schwartz as our DC and hire Mike Singletary as our new DC. Watching the Senior Bowl, he can flat out teach and motivate players as well as challenging them to give their all out effort. I believe he would be an upgrade as DC.
It would be a upgrade, but i see some team giving him a shot as a Head Coach this season.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Titans Depth Chart
QB Vince Young, Kerry Collins
RB Travis Henry, Lendale White, Antonio pittman,Chris Brown
FB Ahmard Hall
WR David Givens, Bobby Wade, Courtney Roby, Jonathan Orr
WR Brandon jones, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Roydell Williams, Jonathan Orr
TE Ben Troupe, Bo Scaife, Erron Kinney
OT Michael Roos, Daniel Loper
OG Benji Olson, Eugene Amano
C Kevin Mawae, Kyle young
OG Jacob Bell, Kyle Young
OT David Stewart, Seth Wand

DE Jamaal Anderson, Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom
DT Fat Albert, Robaire Smith, Jesse Mahelona
DT Randy Starks, Tony Brown, Jesse Mahelona
DE KVB, Tony Brown, Antwan Odom
OLB Keith Bulluck, Terna Nande
ILB Stephen Tulloch, Spencer Toone
OLB David Thornton, Colby Bockwoldt
CB Pacman Jones, Cortland Finnegan, Andre Woolfolk
CB Reynaldo Hill, Eric King, Michael Waddell,
FS Vincent Fuller, Lamont Thompson
SS Chris Hope, Calvin Lowry

K Rob Bironas
P Craig Hentrich
KR Pacman Jones, Bobby Wade
PR Pacman Jones, Johnnie Lee Higgins
LS Ken Amato
3rd Back Antonio pittman
Goal Line Back/Short yardage Lendale White

Traded Drew Bennett, Peter Sirmon, 1st round pick!#19), and 2nd Round Pick (#51) for the Pats 1st Round pick(#2).

Traded Zach Piller for the Lions 5th round pick