Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-03-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need a 3rd round WR at all. We are pretty much backloaded with mid-round #3-#4 receivers. Brandon Jones (even though I think he'll start), Bobby Wade, Courtney Roby, Roydell Williams, and Jonathan Orr. I don't see a need for another one.

If we're gonna draft a WR, I think it should be one that has the physical potential to be a legitimate starting WR, or draft none at all. Good thing is, we may be able to find one in the 2nd round, maybe. If not, I'd go defense all the way, and in particular, rebuilding the DL to have good starters and quality depth, something we had on the '99 team.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
Quote:
Bruce got in the Hall. :D
He was a lock anyway.

No news on the GM yet, I suspect we'll be hearing something in the coming days.
Congrats to Bruce...he definatly deserved it

Whats taking so long to hire a new Gm? any new news? I thought there was going to be an anouncement earlier this week to name Floyd;s replacement
The 3 finalists met/are meeting with Bud this weekend and we are expected to announce at the beginning of this week.
Aight thanks pit...I feel out of the loop since i moved from franklin to chattanooga and no longer get the tennesseean or have cable, so its kind of hard to keep up with whats going on with my favorite teams, but thanks for keeping me up to date

anybody know where stephenson has been? he hasnt been around in a bit

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843
How the hell we went 8-8.

So do anyone knows if dwight freeney is heading into FA?
Probably not. Colts will probably get a deal worked out for 4 years/30 mil or so.

As for the Titans, since I do now live in the Nashville area, I hope they go after Reggie Nelson in the 1st round. He will probably be drafted in the 10-13 range but we could definately trade up to get him with all the picks we have. He would drastically improve the pass defense and then round 2 we go DE with someone like LaMarr Woodley or Jarvis Moss. Then 3rd round they go best WR available. What do ya think? By the way, GO COLTS!!!
If we could get Moss and Nelson, i would piss myself 8) :D

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bruce got in the Hall. :D
He was a lock anyway.

No news on the GM yet, I suspect we'll be hearing something in the coming days.
Congrats to Bruce...he definatly deserved it

Whats taking so long to hire a new Gm? any new news? I thought there was going to be an anouncement earlier this week to name Floyd;s replacement
The 3 finalists met/are meeting with Bud this weekend and we are expected to announce at the beginning of this week.
Aight thanks pit...I feel out of the loop since i moved from franklin to chattanooga and no longer get the tennesseean or have cable, so its kind of hard to keep up with whats going on with my favorite teams, but thanks for keeping me up to date

anybody know where stephenson has been? he hasnt been around in a bit
I don't know, maybe school, but he hasn'tposted in a few weeks.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Since we need something to talk about..........
Best player on.....
Offense: Travis Henry for now IMO, soon to be Roos or VY
Defense:I can't think on this one......

Worst player on..........
Offense: Zach Piller(Fisher better not start him over Bell next year) :twisted: :evil:
Defense:Lamont Thompson

Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best player on defense is either Pac or Hope. I'd go with Pac since he plays a more premium position.

You hit the worst ones right on the head.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that REynaldo is equally as bad as Lamont is...he better not be on the field next season or i will be pissed

The best players on defense I think are a three way tie between Bulluck, Hope, and Pac. I think for just this past season though our best defensive player was definatly Hope being that he had his best season ever and he was constatly making big plays in stopping the run and had some key interceptions

Our best all around player is easily Pacman, since he in my book is a shutdown corner, returns punts and kicks, and occaisionally plays on offense, anytime he touches the ball he is a threat to score

All-hail Bulluck
Old 02-04-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I thought Bulluck had a mediocre season. I love him as a player, but in my opinion, he's failed to play back up to his 2004 season.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Quote:
I thought Bulluck had a mediocre season. I love him as a player, but in my opinion, he's failed to play back up to his 2004 season.
Yeah he didnt seem to play as well this season

When did we ever wear these jersey's?...I never recall seeing them in the past

All-hail Bulluck
Old 02-04-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

what a terrible night....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

Old 02-04-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im happy that they won, now when we play them next year we can say that we beat the SB champs.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan #53
Im happy that they won, now when we play them next year we can say that we beat the SB champs.
Well we can say we beat the eventual SB champs this year.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Apparently Reinfeldt is going to be named the new GM.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/b...urb=news651030
Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Apparently Reinfeldt is going to be named the new GM.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/b...urb=news651030
Very Nice 8) :D

Old 02-05-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IS HE GOOD?

Old 02-05-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843
IS HE GOOD?
Apparently his strength is in cap management. We shall find out how good he is in the personnel department. Alot think that Fish will have more of a say in personnel decisions.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

If the Titans do Indeed get Jarrett, its problems for the NFL. Titans are already starting the ascent w/ VY, Jarrett will make it that much quicker.
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZorDIE
If the Titans do Indeed get Jarrett, its problems for the NFL. Titans are already starting the ascent w/ VY, Jarrett will make it that much quicker.
I hope so, but I'm a little lukewarm on Jarrett. I like him, and would be fine with the pick if certain other people are off the board, but I love Dwayne Bowe more.

I would only take a WR if all the options at DE are off the board though....unless we get one in FA.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

I think we could get a good WR in the later rounds.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need a good wide receiver, we need a great receiver to be our #1 guy.

If Bowe runs well, I like him, but I think he has 4.50 speed. I'm keeping my eye on Robert Meachem. If he runs a 4.40 or so, I'm driving the bandwagon for him. After Calvin Johnson, Bowe and Meachem are the best all around receivers in the draft. I hope we target one of them in the first, and in the second address DE with maybe Charles Johnson or Victor Abiamiri.

If we choose to take DE in the first, though, I hope we trade up in the second with one of our 4th rounders and try to get Meachem. That is, if he falls that far.

I'm really anxious for the combine to get here.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've been driving the Meachem bandwagon since National Signing Day 2003
Old 02-07-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This whole WR debate goes to show how much we over-analyze EVERYTHING when it comes to the NFL draft. For my money, I'm taking Dwayne Jarrett. Do you guys remember how he torched Michigan for 200 yards and a couple of touchdowns in the Rose Bowl? How about in the Rose Bowl against Texas last year when he was one of the best three players on the field (Vince and LenDale being the other two)? I don't care how fast or slow Jarrett runs in the combine; all I know is that the guy makes big plays, he has confidence, and his hands are ridiculous. After seeing Bennett drop so many balls the last several years, I'm ready to see something different. Just think if it had been Jarrett going up for McNair's pass in the 2003 playoffs against the Patriots instead of Bennett. We would have kicked a field goal to tie it and sent the game to overtime and could have eventually gone to the Super Bowl. Dwayne Jarrett is a big-time player who has proven he can come through in the clutch in big games. The only receiver I'd take before Jarrett is Calvin, but he'll be long gone. I just don't think I'd trust Rice, Bowe, Meachem, or Ginn with the game on the line as much as I'd trust Jarrett.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Bigbluegiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict
This whole WR debate goes to show how much we over-analyze EVERYTHING when it comes to the NFL draft. For my money, I'm taking Dwayne Jarrett. Do you guys remember how he torched Michigan for 200 yards and a couple of touchdowns in the Rose Bowl? How about in the Rose Bowl against Texas last year when he was one of the best three players on the field (Vince and LenDale being the other two)? I don't care how fast or slow Jarrett runs in the combine; all I know is that the guy makes big plays, he has confidence, and his hands are ridiculous. After seeing Bennett drop so many balls the last several years, I'm ready to see something different. Just think if it had been Jarrett going up for McNair's pass in the 2003 playoffs against the Patriots instead of Bennett. We would have kicked a field goal to tie it and sent the game to overtime and could have eventually gone to the Super Bowl. Dwayne Jarrett is a big-time player who has proven he can come through in the clutch in big games. The only receiver I'd take before Jarrett is Calvin, but he'll be long gone. I just don't think I'd trust Rice, Bowe, Meachem, or Ginn with the game on the line as much as I'd trust Jarrett.
I 100% agree with you Jarrett is by far the second best Wide Receiver in this draft in terms of cluth performence. I do like the other receivers like Ginn, Bowe, Meachem, and Rice. but in my eyes, I would love to have Jarrett sence Johnson will be gone long before us.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I like Bowe much better than Jarrett. You can't just look at a guys college production and assume he'll do that in the pros. That's why everyone does look at the translatable skills like speed, quickness in and out of cuts, body type, jumping ability, hands, physicality, toughness, etc.

I think Bowe's skills translate to the next level much better than Jarrett's. Of course, no one knows for sure because this is just a projection, but I'll take Bowe over Jarrett anyday, and I'll stand by it until I'm forced to eat crow if Jarrett ends up better . It is still early though, and we haven't seen how either will time, but most indications are that Bowe will run faster. Bowe is bigger (obviously not taller), stronger, and faster. He blocks downfield well, and is a threat for YAC because he also runs like a tank. He cut down on his drops this year after he got the corrective eye surgery, also....still a small problem though. He also dominated against his peers in the Senior Bowl.

All that said....I'd still take the top DE, if there's a good one on the board, before any of the WR's except CJ, obviously. Charles Johnson is a personal favorite of mine, because he's adept at pass rushing and is also stout at the point. I have him behind only Gaines and Jamaal, and he's one of my top picks at #19.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Charles Johnson will be available in the second. We may have to trade up with one of our 4th rounders though. There's about 5 teams in front of us who would pick him, if we stay where we're at.

1st Round: Dwayne Bowe
2nd Round: Charles Johnson

*Mouth waters*

I was also thinking about Alama Francis in the second. Its said he has a lot of upside. I think he's only played football for 2 years? Maybe bringing in a veteran DE from free agency, and give Francis a season to learn and eventually become the future at the position.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote