Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-15-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
Detroit Lions cornerback Dre’ Bly has asked the team to trade him, and the club has granted him and his agent Kennard McGuire the right to negotiate with other clubs. The Tennessee Titans are likely in the market for another cornerback to play opposite Adam “Pacman” Jones, and Bly, who is regarded primarily as a man-to-man cover corner would be a good fit in Tennessee, says McGuire. New England’s Asante Samuel and Buffalo’s Nate Clements are regarded as the top free agents on the market, but their price tag would be considerably higher than Bly, who is scheduled to make $4.2 million in 2007, the final year of his current deal with the Lions. “I think he would be a perfect fit in Tennessee,” McGuire said. “They have a great young corner over on the other side, and I think Dre’ would be a great complement to him and a good influence.”
I actually think Bly could be a good fit. Looking at his games from last season, he really only had a couple of bad games--one against Torry Holt & the other against Terrell Owens (two guys who make nearly every CB look bad).

He's a solid #1 CB, but he'd be a great #2 CB for the Titans and would allow Reynaldo Hill to move to the dime-back role (where he would be really good as well).
I also like the idea of bringing Bly in, especially if we can get him cheaper than Clements of Samual, he will add much needed experiance in the secondary and get Reynaldo off the field

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys give up a 3rd for him? I bet that's gonna be the asking price. I'd think about it, but I don't know yet.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Would you guys give up a 3rd for him? I bet that's gonna be the asking price. I'd think about it, but I don't know yet.
Yeah...I'd probably give up a 3rd for Bly--considering that he'd add experience to the secondary, that he's only 28 or 29 years old, and considering that he has the potential to fill in as the team's #1 CB in the event of injury. Also, it's doubtful that we could get a comparable player in the 3rd round, IMO.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't want to trade the pick for Bly without first working out a contract extension with him. After all, he's in the last year of his deal. It would be stupid to give a pick away for a one-year-rental player.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd only offer a 5th rounder, and throw in LT.

Isn't he 30 years old, or almost close to it? Eh, all I'm remembering about him is a Pro Bowl(Or 2?) and him trashing Joey Harrington. If we can restructure his contract, I'd offer a 4th or a combination of later round draft picks/players. But then again, we're also not going to get Samuel or Clements cause we don't wanna pay 20 mil for a #2 corner. So maybe a 3rd won't be too bad for a #2.

If we traded a 3rd rounder, I wouldn't be ticked. I would rather give up a 4th tho.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would offer a 4th for him, i would have to hear from some lions fan and see if he is worth a 3rd.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preliminary talks have started between Travis Henry's agent and Reinfeldt/Underwood about a new contract, because of the $8.3M roster bonus due.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70215075/1027
Old 02-16-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/new...php?PRKey=4627

Quote:
Bennett led the Titans with 46 catches for 737 yards in his sixth season. He had a base salary of $1.75 million last year and appears ready to test the market. Wade had 33 catches for 461 yards and was second. With a receiver-heavy draft in April, the Titans could let both see what they're worth in March.
i really want to see Wade back with the team next season.

Quote:
Smith started 12 of 15 games and had 76 tackles in 2006 in one of his best seasons despite being slowed in September by a hamstring injury. Now 29, he was a key part of a line that missed Albert Haynesworth during a five-game suspension and could help anchor a defense needing to improve from last in the NFL
I would like to see Smith back for the right price, but 76 tackles :?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I want Bobby Wade back too. He and Vince work real good together, he's supposedly a good lockerroom guy, and he's a good slot receiver. Still young, too. Plus Fisher seems to really like him.

Bennett....all depends on what kind of money he's gonna attract.

Same with Robaire, I'd like him back as long as it doesn't break the bank, and it shouldn't.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
coolrider8193

What do you think if the Titans trade their second or third round pick to move up to number 3 if Calvin Johnson is still available at number 3. I think this guy could help Vince Young especially when VY likes to throw the fade pass. CJ is 6'5" with a large wingspan, and a 43-45 inch vertical leap. I think CJ is work it, but if he is not available the wait until Dwayne Jarrett is available. VY needs a physical receiver and I don't think Ted Guin is the right pick.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrider8193
What do you think if the Titans trade their second or third round pick to move up to number 3 if Calvin Johnson is still available at number 3. I think this guy could help Vince Young especially when VY likes to throw the fade pass. CJ is 6'5" with a large wingspan, and a 43-45 inch vertical leap. I think CJ is work it, but if he is not available the wait until Dwayne Jarrett is available. VY needs a physical receiver and I don't think Ted Guin is the right pick.
I rather have more picks, depending on are Free agency moves, we just have so many holes we need to fill and not all of these are going to be filled with FA's.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

If we do draft a WR in round one, then I REALLY hope a good DL is available in round 2. I don't really anticipate that happening though, DL are too valuable.

That's why I'd use the first rounder on the defensive side of the ball. WR is also one of the more bust prone positions out there, and if we waited until the 2nd round to get one, we also wouldn't have as much of a financial burden if he didn't work out because of the smaller contract he'd have. I'd rather have a draft like:

1. Carriker/Moss/Charles Johnson
2. Craig Davis (who I love btw)

Than

1. Dwayne Jarrett
2. Anthony Spencer/Tim Crowder

Or if Bennett wants to come back at a fair price, then we could start the season with Bennett and BJones on the outside and Bobby Wade in the slot...then go defense early in the draft. Maybe

1. Carriker/Moss/Johnson
2. Best CB available (Irons/Wilson/Wright/Bennett?)
Old 02-17-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pitbull #53, I think I'm starting to come over to your side.

Especially with the Bengals franchising Justin Smith, I think we should go DE in the first round. I've been reading up on Adam Carriker, and I think he is a perfect fit for us. He's big and strong and great against the run, and that is something we desperately need at the RDE position. KVB and LaBoy are better suited for getting off the ball quick and making an all-out edge rush at the QB, not staying home and taking on blockers so that the linebackers can do what they do best. Although I'd love for Gaines Adams or Derek Anderson to fall to us, they won't, so Carriker would do. If he's not there, however, I think we should take best WR available and go after a guy like Meriweather or an OG in the second. As for the second round if we get Carriker in the first, hopefully Rice or Craig "Buster" Davis will be there. They both seem like nice fits for what we're trying to do.

It'll all get a little clearer once March 2 rolls around and we can see what kind of a FA class we bring in.

Here's my FA wishlist ...

1) Nate Clements -- Several of you would like to trade for Dre Bly, but I'd rather keep the draft pick they would require (probably a 3rd) and pay a bit more for Clements. The Pats franchised Asante Samuel, so he's out of the picture, and Nick Harper is a cover 2 corner. Fisher, obviously, wants a man corner who can turn and run. I say we flex our salary cap muscles (for once) and grab Clements.

2) Deion Grant -- Grabbing him would allow us to cut Lamont (finally!) and have a solid safety tandem for the first time since ... what? Marcus Robertson and Blaine Bishop? Getting Grant would also hurt the Jags who are division rivals, which is a plus.

3) London Fletcher -- Stephen Tulloch is often compared to Fletcher, so why not bring him in to tutor Tulloch for a couple of years? He wouldn't be too expensive and he would be an upgrade over Tulloch for the next couple of years at least. After that, let Fletcher go and see what Tulloch can do. We also need depth at LB, so this move would alleviate that problem.

That's really about it. I think if we can get these three guys via FA and draft the following positions: DE, WR, OG, RB, TE, then we'll be on our way.

Oh, and here's my list of goners for next year ...

Peter Sirmon
Drew Bennett
Lamont Thompson
Erron Kinney
Andre Woolfolk
Zach Piller
Donnie Nickey
Chris Brown
Rien Long

Players we will re-sign ... (UFAs)

Robaire Smith
Bobby Wade
Seth Wand

Starting offense for 2007:

QB: Vince Young
RB: Travis Henry
FB: Ahmard Hall
TE: Ben Troupe
WR: David Givens and Sidney Rice
OT: Michael Roos and David Stewart
OG: Benji Olson and Jacob Bell
C: Kevin Mawae

Starting defense for 2007 (much improved):

DT: Albert Haynesworth and Robaire Smith
DE: Kyle Vanden Bosch and Adam Carriker
LB: Keith Bulluck, David Thornton, and London Fletcher
S: Chris Hope and Deion Grant
CB: Pacman Jones and Nate Clements

If that don't getcha hyped up, I don't know what will :)

I hope it works out this way. If it does, then I think our defense will rank slightly better than 32nd in the league.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thats a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we dont want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

One thing I like about Carriker is that he could play a base 4-3 DE, and on passing downs we could replace him with LaBoy and move him inside to the 3 technique as a pass rusher. Rien Long is really good in that role though, so if he comes back healthy (I don't know yet), then we wouldn't need to do that.

I really like both Charles Johnson and Jarvis Moss though. Maybe it's because they play SEC ball, and that's what I watch the most, so I've seen more of them than the rest.

I do agree that things will be clearer after the FA period, but I also think the FA cupboard is gonna be a little bare at the positions we're looking for.

Btw, from the sounds of things, Givens injury was extremely serious and I don't think he's gonna be ready for the start of the season. I think he will be PUP'd or may even go on IR. It all depends on how it checks out though, but there were multiple things wrong with the knee, not just an ACL tear...he also tore the meniscus and I think there was even more wrong also.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrider8193
I'd love for the Titans to get Calvin Johnson; however, we'd probably have to give up our entire draft to move up from #19 to the top 3-4 picks. As much as I'd like to see CJ in a Titans' uniform, I don't think it's a very likely scenario...

I was a big proponent of taking a WR with that 1st round pick; however, now, I'm actually hoping that we take DE with our first pick since I think a good WR will probably fall to us in round 2. Of course, that all depends on what positions the Titans address in FA...
Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict
Here's my FA wishlist ...

1) Nate Clements -- Several of you would like to trade for Dre Bly, but I'd rather keep the draft pick they would require (probably a 3rd) and pay a bit more for Clements. The Pats franchised Asante Samuel, so he's out of the picture, and Nick Harper is a cover 2 corner. Fisher, obviously, wants a man corner who can turn and run. I say we flex our salary cap muscles (for once) and grab Clements.

2) Deion Grant -- Grabbing him would allow us to cut Lamont (finally!) and have a solid safety tandem for the first time since ... what? Marcus Robertson and Blaine Bishop? Getting Grant would also hurt the Jags who are division rivals, which is a plus.

3) London Fletcher -- Stephen Tulloch is often compared to Fletcher, so why not bring him in to tutor Tulloch for a couple of years? He wouldn't be too expensive and he would be an upgrade over Tulloch for the next couple of years at least. After that, let Fletcher go and see what Tulloch can do. We also need depth at LB, so this move would alleviate that problem.

That's really about it. I think if we can get these three guys via FA and draft the following positions: DE, WR, OG, RB, TE, then we'll be on our way.
1. With Asante getting franchised, I doubt that we get Nate (as much as I'd like for him to be a Titan). With him now CLEARLY being the best FA veteran CB available, his price-tag is gonna be through the roof. That's why I'm in favor of trading a 3rd rounder for Bly, and using the extra money on picking up some extra pieces (maybe a legit 3rd-down RB and some interior DL help in the event that we lose Robaire or a vet WR--Donte Stallworth?--since it looks like Bennett's gone and Givens's injury is serious).

2. I like the Deion Grant pick-up. He's already familiar with AFC South offenses and he's got some sort of TN connection if I'm remembering correctly (i.e. he was born in TN or played college ball at TN or something).

3. I think we could use someone to challenge Tulloch for the MLB spot, but I'm sorta "eh..." on Fletcher. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I wouldn't be ecstatic either. He's a good player, but I wouldn't want to overpay for him.

Use the 1st round pick to address DE (either Adam Carriker, Charles Johnson, or Jarvis Moss--guys who are pretty stout against the run).

Use the 2nd round pick to address WR (either Rice, Davis, or Gonzo--whoever's available...although, I'd probably rank them 1)Davis 2)Gonzo 3)Rice in that order...).

Use mid-round picks to add some youth/depth on the OLine and DLine (specifically at C, OG, and DT).

Use late-round & any supplemental picks to take a gamble on a developmental TE and secondary depth.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
2. I like the Deion Grant pick-up. He's already familiar with AFC South offenses and he's got some sort of TN connection if I'm remembering correctly (i.e. he was born in TN or played college ball at TN or something).
Deon Grant went to college at Tennessee. Most of the Jags fans on this board were really complaining about his play this year though, so I don't know. Maybe it could work. I'd still like to see Fuller get his shot though.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I may chime in on what you guys should do in the first round, my suggestion is to trade up 5 spots or so to get either Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry. FS is your biggest need, not DE. Plus having another ball hawking player in the secondary makes CB not as big of a need with Reynaldo Hill playing. Your gonna need good pass defense to contend with the World Champs!!

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985
FS is your biggest need, not DE.
No offense, but I think that might be the dumbest thing I've read. FS is in no way a bigger need than DE. You can plug an adequate player in a FS and be fine, to get to an upper level defense, you NEED a great DL. A FS is no where near as important to a defense as a DE is.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
If I may chime in on what you guys should do in the first round, my suggestion is to trade up 5 spots or so to get either Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry. FS is your biggest need, not DE. Plus having another ball hawking player in the secondary makes CB not as big of a need with Reynaldo Hill playing. Your gonna need good pass defense to contend with the World Champs!!
A pass rush would help are secondary more than a safety........

Old 02-18-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

If I ranked our needs based on MY OPINION, they would be (taking fully into account who we already have on the roster), in order:
  • Defensive End
  • Cornerback
  • Wide Receiver
  • Free Safety
  • Middle Linebacker

Free Safety and Middle Linebacker both drop a little due to the possibility of us already having some in-house options in Fuller/Lowry and Tulloch. I almost put Defensive Tackle on there, but I think we will keep what we have for 1 more year to see how it goes with Robaire, Albert, and Starks, unless an elite talent falls in our lap. I'm still very nervous about that position though...but I know most don't consider it as much of a concern as I do. I imagine we'll also draft some OL in the mid-later rounds.

Quick Mock:

Rd. 1 - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska
Rd. 2 - Buster Davis, WR LSU
Rd. 3 - Jonathan Wade, CB Tennessee
Rd. 4 - Samson Satele, C/OG Hawaii
Rd. 4 - H.B. Blades, MLB Pittsburgh

You can pretty much sub in Carriker for whoever is the best DE on board, because there's a chance he may not even be there. Carriker/Charles Johnson/Jarvis Moss and maybe even Abiamiri all work fine for me.

I'm still iffy on the 2nd day picks, because I haven't worked out any mock drafts to see where guys may fall, so I'm kinda just subbing in players at positions I think we may look at. There's a very good chance HB may get drafted late day 2 if he works out poorly...and alot of people think he may.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
FS is your biggest need, not DE.
No offense, but I think that might be the dumbest thing I've read. FS is in no way a bigger need than DE. You can plug an adequate player in a FS and be fine, to get to an upper level defense, you NEED a great DL. A FS is no where near as important to a defense as a DE is.
So your saying that having an Ed Reed or Brian Dawkins type player back in your secondary is not as important as a DE? Cause thats what these 2 safeties are like. Nelson is comparable to Reed since he is all over the field playing like a ball-hawk and Landry really doesnt have a weakness in his game. Plus you have better depth at the D-line anyways. Trust me, having Bob Sanders on our defense is a bigger impact than Dwight Freeney.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
B FOR BULLUCK

How is everyone doing?

I mainly would like us to get Ken Hamlin for FS to team with Hope for alot of years. Hamlin I believe is only 25. This would be ideal. I don't really care what else we did in FA if we got Hamlin.

I don't know about Carriker, we severely need a pass rush. I don't know if he is that answer or not. Our defensive backs are strained somewhat by talent but obviously and more important we get no rush on the quarterback.

I really want to see us get Patrick Willis. I am biased here but he is my favorite player in the draft. If we got Willis and Hamlin I'd be smiling for awhile.

My two cents atleast.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
So your saying that having an Ed Reed or Brian Dawkins type player back in your secondary is not as important as a DE? Cause thats what these 2 safeties are like. Nelson is comparable to Reed since he is all over the field playing like a ball-hawk and Landry really doesnt have a weakness in his game. Plus you have better depth at the D-line anyways. Trust me, having Bob Sanders on our defense is a bigger impact than Dwight Freeney.
How in the world is drafting a safety going to improve our pass rush that produced the lowest sack total since 1973? Incase you didn't know, that's 33 years. There is no doubt that FS is a need. LaMont Thompson is the worst starting player on this team, but just getting him off the field is a huge upgrade. We already have one Pro Bowl caliber safety. You don't need 2 superstars back there. Having another good safety would be a luxury, not a need. Getting another presence on the DL is a NEED.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pit Bull #53 ... about H.B. Blades. I've read that he's a bit overrated. I've never seen him play, so I don't know that much about him. I'm all for upgrading the MLB position, but I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade over Tulloch. Is that fair to say, or would he send Tulloch to the bench? I think the Titans should look into trading a couple of 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders to move up into the second round. I think it is in our best interest to get more picks in the top 75 range rather than rack up late picks who might not make the team.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thats a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we dont want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict
Pit Bull #53 ... about H.B. Blades. I've read that he's a bit overrated. I've never seen him play, so I don't know that much about him. I'm all for upgrading the MLB position, but I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade over Tulloch. Is that fair to say, or would he send Tulloch to the bench? I think the Titans should look into trading a couple of 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders to move up into the second round. I think it is in our best interest to get more picks in the top 75 range rather than rack up late picks who might not make the team.
Yeah, I was just throwing a name down for the sake of finishing it. HB has a real possibility of clocking like a 4.8-4.9 at the combine, and his stock would plummet. He'd be strictly a 2 down LB...he is not good in coverage at all.

I actually like David Harris alot at MLB. I think he could be a good 2 down LB as just a sledgehammer, run stopper.

I also would like to see us move up, depending on who falls. We have 2 4ths because of the McNair trade, so we have a little ammo.