Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
We got our 3rd QB:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../70509055/1027

I think it's a good move. Rattay is a solid player. He might can be the backup QB after Collins retires if he sticks around long enough.
I think it's a great move. Rattay looked pretty decent (with a horrible supporting cast) in spot-duty in SF a few years ago. He never really had a chance in TB because of Gruden's man-crush on Griese, then Simms. I'd MUCH rather have Rattay as the #2 QB (instead of the utterly washed-up Collins); but I'm sure that Fisher's oft-misguided loyalty to the vets on-roster will keep Collins in the #2 spot (unfortunately).

Also...we signed OLB Gilbert Gardner, which I think is a solid depth move. We definitely need some players behind Bulluck/Thornton -- especially since we didn't address that position in the draft. Gardner's weak against the run (which is why he didn't start for the Colts towards the end of the season); but I seem to remember him being pretty quick in pursuit.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
pure_insanity

I completely agree. I think Rattay is a very viable backup. Id much much rather have him be the backup than Collins. Collins wasnt very successful at the beginning last season even though they did play some high quality teams. Hopefully though Rattay will never have to see the field in the regular season as Vince breaks the Madden curse.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PK's notes on the the first Titans practice he's covered this year:

http://support.tennessean.com/blogs/?p=2885

Couple of interesting tidbits in there, especially about the WR's.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Madden curse takes effect (which I believe can happen just because I actually believe in this curse), then we might as well package our team for a top 5 pick, because without Vince Young, this team will have no motor, no heart. But, if Vince stays healthy for the entire season, I could see another .500 record, but I am just hoping our new replacements can perform

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Vince goes down, *knocks on wood*, then welcome to Tennessee Darren McFadden. And then welcome to the 2009 playoffs Titans. You know if Vince misses extensive time, *knocks on wood*, the guy's gonna come back with a vengeance.

But, its a good thing I don't believe in the Madden Curse.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Could be bad.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10175630

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans will never have to worry about blackouts with PSL's.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If Vince goes down, *knocks on wood*, then welcome to Tennessee Darren McFadden. And then welcome to the 2009 playoffs Titans. You know if Vince misses extensive time, *knocks on wood*, the guy's gonna come back with a vengeance.

But, its a good thing I don't believe in the Madden Curse.
I dont know. You gotta think that if LenDale or Henry show anything, there's no way we take another RB early in the draft. I mean that would be overkill...having a #1 overall RB to go along with two 2nd rounders. And in 3 consecutive years, at that. Anyway, I highly doubt we'll be picking #1. People said the exact same thing last year. If we are picking high in the draft, then I'm really interested to see how the workouts go for 2 guys in particular. Tyson Jackson and Calais Campbell. They both have the size and production (granted they do it again this year) to be labeled as "freaks" if they run well, and there's no doubt the DL is gonna be another top need again. Glenn Dorsey too.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are PSL's, smitty?

I don't see us picking #1, but we've picked at least one RB in the draft for the last 5 years. If LenDale and Chris tear it up this season, then its unlikely we take a RB. But if they suck it up, and we have the chance to take a franchise RB, which is more important to a team than a #1 WR, then I hope we seize the opportunity.

But I really want Glenn Dorsey...or Campbell...heck, any DL line will be welcomed by me with open arms...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

a psl is a private seat liscence(i think). apparently you have to buy them with season tickets or something like that which is why i have never tried for season tix.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Peter Sirmon retired.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=56127

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:32 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think chris henry goies out our starter this year and tears it up
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read a report today that said that Keyshawn Johnson has narrowed his choices down to five teams:

Packers, Jets, Giants, 49ers, & Titans.

The 49ers have said that they have absolutely no interest in Keyshawn; so that gives the Titans a 25% chance of landing KJ. Personally, I think he'll end up on the Packers (especially after Favre recently complained about FO not getting him any offensive help this offseason); but he would definitely help the Titans.

WR1: Paul Williams (using his speed to stretch the field)
WR2: Keyshawn Johnson (providing experience and reliable hands)
WR3: Brandon Jones (using his quickness in the slot this season)
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think Keyshawn would be the #1 WR. He has the experience at that role, and it makes me cringe to think of Paul Williams going against the like of Reshean Mathis and Dunta Robinson. He'd get handled by them.

I think Paul Williams, if we use him in a deep threat role or to stretch the field, is best in the flanker position...or #2 WR...I think its called flanker...oh well.

Brandon Jones would do very well in the slot, but I want him on the field as much as possible. He'll be the #1 or #2 WR for sure.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keyshawn would most certainly be the #1 on this team, even though he doesn't have the ability of a #1 no more. If we do sign him, he would certainly allow us to let Givens come back at his own pace instead of trying to rush him onto the field. Through all this, I don't see us signing him though, just because Reinfeldt would probably focus elsewhere and say we already have plenty of WR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

How do you guys feel about the titans potentially pursuing paul oliver in the supplemental draft?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Couple of my friends VIDEO montages of Vince.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuo96X8ZETA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzK8CldUOJE
Old 05-19-2007, 06:19 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
How do you guys feel about the titans potentially pursuing paul oliver in the supplemental draft?
i like :).....(10)
Old 05-21-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Here's a McCormick article on the DL.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index....&news_id=56266

Basically just tells us what we all know. Our DL can be solid if everyone stays healthy, but that's been a big problem for Odom, LaBoy, Haynesworth, and Long. Obviously getting Haynesworth in there for a full 16 games would be huge. I've already said that I think he has a chance to have a monster season, because coming off of the year he had last year, he's gonna have to put to rest some doubts if he wants to be paid huge money, which I'm sure he does. Starks, Odom, LaBoy....we need 2 of the 3 to step up. Preferably Starks and Odom. LaBoy is ok as he is, but he'll never be a legit threat as a starter. I think we need Odom to be our base end and let LaBoy rotate in for 20 snaps a game.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
A little surprise IMO....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Apparently Reynaldo Hill played all of last season with torn ligaments in his right ankle and a torn meniscus in his right knee. Let's hope that was a big reason for his sophomore season regression. I still don't think he'll ever be anything more than a decent #2 corner, but you can't underestimate the effects of playing on a hobbled leg, especially as a corner.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Apparently Reynaldo Hill played all of last season with torn ligaments in his right ankle and a torn meniscus in his right knee. Let's hope that was a big reason for his sophomore season regression. I still don't think he'll ever be anything more than a decent #2 corner, but you can't underestimate the effects of playing on a hobbled leg, especially as a corner.
i hope to god thats true
Old 05-26-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Starks, Odom, LaBoy....we need 2 of the 3 to step up. Preferably Starks and Odom. LaBoy is ok as he is, but he'll never be a legit threat as a starter. I think we need Odom to be our base end and let LaBoy rotate in for 20 snaps a game.
Odom has not shown as much as LaBoy. Some people seem to assume he's better against the run because he's a little bigger, but that's not been the case to me when I watch tape. He helps our rotation, but as far as being an upgrade over LaBoy, I'm not betting on that.

The rotation help from Odom will be big though, as well as adding Ford. I'll take those two over Scott, Conover, and Savage.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I hope Savage just absolutely breaks out... I mean, he has the pimpest name for a DE! SAVAGE! Thats like having your last name be Justice, or Slaughter, or Imakillyou.

I'd hate for a guy with that much cool last name potential to waste it sucking it up...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Looks like LenDale is back in the crapper:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS01/70529028

Even Bulluck called him out. Sounds like this is starting to become a nuisance to everyone involved, except LenDale himself.

EDIT- Chris Hope commented on it as well:

Quote:
Added veteran safety Chris Hope: “I’ve gotten used to not seeing him out there. As a teammate always being asked about it, that’s not a good thing,” Hope said. “We need him, we’re depending on him and we just hope that he will step up to the plate. He can’t keep living on the things he did at USC. All the stuff he did in college is over and done with, it’s about what you do when you get here.
“I think he’s a talented guy and has a bright future, but the game is going to pass him by if he doesn’t step up,” Hope continued. “I’ve never questioned how well he can run the ball, his ability, vision and power. That’s never been the problem. The problem is can we depend on him? Playing in this offense, he’s going to have to carry the ball at least 20 to 25 times a game, and if he’s not in shape to go through a 30-play practice, there’s no way he can play in the game on Sunday. It’s just unfortunate that we haven’t been able to hit home with him yet.”

Doesn't sound like this is sitting well with the other players.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 05-29-2007 at 07:50 PM.