Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-06-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the story on Simon? Could he be a good pick-up, or is he over with injuries?

*Wanders over to the Colts' forum*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Simon is done. He had a non-football condition last year, and he's out of shape and basically can't play anywhere. I seriously doubt he would pass a physical. If he could play, they would NOT have cut him because they took a serious cap hit to do so.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I'm going to the game tonight. I'll be sitting in the north endzone, and I've never had seats behind an endzone before, so it'll be an interesting change of view. I can't wait to see how Cortland plays on the outside (i'm sure he'll do awesome). I also am very much looking forward to seeing Chris Henry run in a real game situation. It'd be awesome if he breaks a long one and took it to the house. I also am interested in watching Antwan Odom. I'll go ahead and call it: he'll have at least one sack and a couple more pressures. I think he'll be our standout defensive player tonight. I knocked on wood just now to make sure that I didn't jinx him :) Anyway, happy viewing tonight! The wait is OVER!!! Hahahahahha....!!!!!
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering what's the status of rookie wideout Chris Davis out of Florida State. How's he doing in camp? What are his chances of making major contributions on this team? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Chris Davis will probably be the backup slot receiver behind Courtney Roby. If Roby were to get hurt, then Davis will probably see a lot of playing time. That is, assuming they don't move Brandon Jones or Eric Moulds to the slot. He'll also get his fair shake at punt returns, although Cortland Finnegan looked like the best punt returner at training camp. Although, if Finnegan becomes a starter at corner, then they might let Davis return punts so that Finnegan can stay fresh. Yes, Pacman did both last year, but that's Pacman. I don't expect to see Davis returning kickoffs. I think that job will go to either Chris Henry or Courtney Roby. If you ask me, I don't think we will see too much of Chris Davis this season if the players in front of him stay healthy. Rather, he is valuable depth at slot receiver and punt returner.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

man, i was supposed to go to this game. my friend had tickets and told me i could have one so i took off work. then he tells me today his mom and sister are going instead. they dont even like football. complete BS.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report: White expected to take starting job

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...9567 2&spln=1

also just saw this on espn

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:29 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is surprising, but I think we all have our own preferrence on who we want to start. But it seems evident we're going with a "3-headed Monster" rushing attack, unless Fish gets down on somebody (Ala Chris Brown last year). I haven't seen one whole preseason game yet, since I have basic cable on Comcast, so I don't know who looks good and who doesn't.

We have 3 totally different types of backs. They'll all get playing time, and we'll decide our set starter a little into the season, and find out who fits our style of offense better.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Cool article I found on Yahoo. Someone actually is giving love to our improving secondary!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm high on our secondary too...

I still wish that we'd put Griffin at FS (because I think he's head-and-shoulders better than Lamont & Lowry).

If it were my decision, our secondary would look like:
RCB -- Nick Harper, Reynaldo Hill, Eric King
LCB -- Cortland Finnegan, Kelly Herndon
FS -- Michael Griffin, Calvin Lowry, Vincent Fuller
SS -- Chris Hope, Bart Scott
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

You mean Bryan Scott behind Hope, right?

Griff is obviously going to be better than Thompson and Lowry. But, if he's going to be a Free Safety, which is normally the cover safety, he needs to learn how to be great in coverage. I think the coaches are wanting him to play CB for one year to improve his coverage skills, which are already good, and to get playing time. Because despite Lamont's defects, I don't know if a rookie can immediately beat him out. But, whenever Lamont does get the boot and Griff starts playing, he'll be able to cover and tackle tight ends, and cover and tackle WR's all by himself. Which means we can be more creative on defense, cause hopefully by that time, we'll have a new DC!

Anyway, best case scenario, that I see, for Griffin moving to FS is halfway through the season. But if that does happen, it will either mean Lamont is playing that bad, Griff is playing that well, or our defense is that bad, so why the hell not?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You mean Bryan Scott behind Hope, right?

Griff is obviously going to be better than Thompson and Lowry. But, if he's going to be a Free Safety, which is normally the cover safety, he needs to learn how to be great in coverage. I think the coaches are wanting him to play CB for one year to improve his coverage skills, which are already good, and to get playing time. Because despite Lamont's defects, I don't know if a rookie can immediately beat him out. But, whenever Lamont does get the boot and Griff starts playing, he'll be able to cover and tackle tight ends, and cover and tackle WR's all by himself. Which means we can be more creative on defense, cause hopefully by that time, we'll have a new DC!

Anyway, best case scenario, that I see, for Griffin moving to FS is halfway through the season. But if that does happen, it will either mean Lamont is playing that bad, Griff is playing that well, or our defense is that bad, so why the hell not?
Yeah...I meant Scott would be Hope's backup at SS. And while Griffin's a rookie, he can't be any worse than Lamont is -- who seems to COMPLETELY blow 2-3 assignments each game for big gains. I think this is just another example of Fisher&co. being too loyal to some of the vets (which we've seen in the past, IMO).

BTW...does anyone else wonder what the appeal of DC Jim Schwartz is??? It doesn't matter how bad our DEF is, anytime you hear a sports "expert" (i.e. ESPN) talk about Schwartz, it's nothing but praise about how brilliant & innovative he is and how he's such a good DC.

I'm sorry...but Schwartz is about as innovative as a ham sandwich. Seriously...you know that our DEF is going to run some form of a nickel-package almost all the time and rush ONLY four. In the rare occasions that we actually blitz, it's always (and I mean ALWAYS) a corner blitz -- usually the nickle corner. I guess boring, predictable, ineffective play-calling now constitutes someone being a brilliant coach...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Apparantly, LenDale practiced today. I guess that means that he'll atleast get some work with the first team on Friday, if not start. Here's hoping he makes a case for himself.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather Griffin turn into a great CB than a great FS. Harper isn't gonna be around forever. However, I do agree with the premise that we need the 4 best players out there in the secondary, and in my opinion that is Finnegan, Griffin, Harper, and Hope. The only way to get all 4 on the field is if 1 of them plays FS. That seems to be the predicament we're in, and to be honest, it's not a bad one because it shows we finally have some depth back there.

But I'm not like alot of people in that I'm against Griffin being a corner without giving it a chance. Like I said, I'd much rather him be a great cornerback than a great safety. But if they ever wanna move him to safety, that's cool by me.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Just think if Pacman starts behaving like a civilized human being... Next year our secondary would look like this:

CB: Pacman Jones, Eric King
CB: Cortland Finnegan, Reynaldo Hill
NB: Nick Harper, Kelly Herndon
SS: Chris Hope, Who Knows?
FS: Michael Griffin, Calvin Lowry, Vince Fuller

Or at least, that's what I would want for it to look like. I'd put that secondary against any in the league and say that we're better. Let's say that we take WR in the first round and DT in the second. I don't see how we're not Super Bowl contenders next year if Pac comes back. Plus, we have a lot of salary cap space to use if we want to go out and get somebody in FA. Like my signature says, "T-Minus one year until the beginning of the Titans dynasty!"

Old 08-22-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on Pac not being a member of the Titans when the dust settles...we'll see though.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict View Post
Just think if Pacman starts behaving like a civilized human being... Next year our secondary would look like this:

Or at least, that's what I would want for it to look like. I'd put that secondary against any in the league and say that we're better. Let's say that we take WR in the first round and DT in the second. I don't see how we're not Super Bowl contenders next year if Pac comes back. Plus, we have a lot of salary cap space to use if we want to go out and get somebody in FA. Like my signature says, "T-Minus one year until the beginning of the Titans dynasty!"
do you really think lendale can get you to a superbowl? who are the other running backs chris henry?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
do you really think lendale can get you to a superbowl? who are the other running backs chris henry?
Of course he can get us to a Superbowl. Since when do you need a pro bowl running back to go to the Superbowl, anyway? How about when the Patriots won a couple of Superbowls with Antowain Smith and Kevin Faulk? The Colts won it last year with Addai and Rhodes. The Bucs won with Pittman.

Keep in mind, LenDale is only in his second year. He doesn't even turn 23 until December 20th. That makes him about 4 years younger than Larry Johnson, who is considered a relatively young back.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Chris Henry and Chris Brown are our other 2 RB's. LenDale has the capability to help us get to a Super Bowl, but whether or not he does will be decided by him. Chris Henry is still boom or bust. And Chris Brown, though injury prone, is a proven 1000+ yard back.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

Quote:

And I forgot to mention that we will have David Givens back next year, too.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I forgot to mention that we will have David Givens back next year, too.
Love the optimism Addict, I agree we are slowely building large amounts of young talent and we will be very good soon

but about Givens, I doubt he ever sees a football field again. From what I read on the TOMB(titans online Message Board) Givens was seen in Nashville about a week ago at Subaway and a fan on the TOMB asked him how his knee was and he replied, "not where I want it to be"...Then he walked out with a very bad limp, i would be surprised if he ever played again; if, and when he does I doubt he will be the same player he was before....I could be completely wrong but that is what I've heard from several people

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I met Vanden Bosch today, cool guy.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

First round of cuts is out. Bye bye to:

Jonathan Orr
Marques Ogden (Jonathans lil brother)
Quartez Vickerson
Brandon Sharp
Andy Thorn
Jermaine McElveen
Glenn Pakulak

No surprises yet. Maybe Orr being cut this early, but I knew he would be eventually anyway.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, don't think anyone of those were surprising.

Hmm, who do you guys think the next big(ish) name to be cut will be?

I've got a feeling it'll be Woolfolk. But I'm not familiar with his contract, etc. The secondary just seems too crowded.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Woolfolk was released today. We put him on IR a week or so ago and just reached an injury settlement with him today which means he is no longer a Titan.

We also just put Michael Waddell on IR today. Expect to see him suffer the same fate as Andre in a few days.