Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-11-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd think they'd run a 2-2. 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 CB, and 1 S. But I know nothing about flag football.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll continue in here with what Pit Bull said in the GD thread. Our Run Game isn't as good as we think. If we take out the game vs Jacksonville, and we're middle of the pack.

I want Micheal Turner this offseason.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to trade for Turner last offseason before the draft.

Not gonna make any definitive statements yet this year until I see Henry in action.

I have been saying this for a couple of weeks now, the thing that is holding this team back the most is Vince's stubbornness. He needs to start playing his game like he did last year and quit trying to fit into what the goddamn media thinks he should be. And you KNOW that's why he's doing it. He said as much in that post MNF interview.

I don't care how terrible his stats are, if he plays like he did last year, everything on offense will open up. He has become more consistently accurate on throws this year, but he is NOT as effective as he was last year.

Alot of people will probably say "sophomore slump". That's BS in my opinion. It's all because he's not playing his game. He's trying way too hard to be structured when his best attribute is his ability to freelance.

You think defensive coordinators would rather play a Vince that's gonna complete 60-65% of short passes that do nothing to threaten a defense, and run 2-3 times per game for about 10 yards

or

A Vince that completes 52-55% of some deeper medium passes, might throw a few INT's and is gonna rush 10 times for 55 yards and a touch each game.

It's not even close.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking similarly, the Titans might want to see what they have in Chris Henry (what's done is done) before the offseason comes. Didn't he show flashes in the preseason, running hard although I don't think his ypc average was anything to write home about?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Straight from the Fish, Henry is very likely to be active this week with Brown's injury.

And, yeah, I though, despite his YPC average in preseason, he looked fine. He DEFINATELY ran harder and more aggressive than the other 2. Every wants to blast him for the missed blitz pickup against the Pats, but they seem to forget that he had a large # of very nice pickups where he stonewalled the blitzer.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I was sitting next to you on the Turner bandwagon, Pit Bull. It made me so mad that SD put on the highest tender on him.

I don't know if we'll retain Chris Brown, and Turner would be an upgrade over him, in my opinion. Turner is more durable, and still has the same speed as Brown, if not more. Not to mention he returns kicks. But, he may be the top RB in the FA market so we might not be able to get him.

I'm kinda hoping Brown has to sit out this game. Henry needs to show us what he's got. Houston has a solid front seven, so it will be a good test.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love chris henry
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hey, what's the worst that could happen? He comes in and averages 3.0 YPC just like LenDale? I bet he'd at least break one longer than 13 yards.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm worried though... What if Chris Henry is amazing and becomes the starter? What if LenDale developes an eating disorder when the possibility of losing his role to Henry sets in and he starts throwing up and losing weig...START HENRY!!!

I in no way support eating disorders...disclaimer FTW!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Good ole Bongo was on TitansCentral. He says that "Mike Perriera called Fish today and admitted they missed the buchanon INT." He also says that Vince Young is looking good and should be able to play this Sunday. Take it for what it's worth.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my revised 2008 draft wish-list:

1. DT
Haynesworth has been awesome so far; but there's no guarantee that we'll retain him after this season and his reckless style of play seems to make him susceptible to little injuries every game. I like Tony Brown -- he's a solid, versatile DT; and Corey Simon gives us some depth. However, I would love the chance of pairing a stud DT with Haynesworth -- sort of like what the Jaguars did with Stroud and Henderson.

2. S
It seems like the Titans are set at keeping Michael Griffin at CB (which is disappointing). Lowry is good against the run; but, as we saw in the Texans game, he's below-average in coverage. Personally, I don't think Pacman will ever play another game for the Titans; but a potential secondary of Finnegan, Griffin, Harper (as nickle CB), Hope, and a good rookie S sounds promising.

3. DE
Antwaan Odom hasn't lived up to the preseason hype and LaBoy is as average as ever. KVB has been playing lights-out; but he certainly could use help on the other side, pressuring the QB.

4. TE
Bo Scaife is decent but he's best served being a #2 TE. Ben Hartsock is not very good at all; and Ben Troupe has all but vanished. In my opinion, the Titans seriously miss having a reliable target (like Erron Kinney) in their TE core.

5. MLB
Tulloch has been pretty non-existent on defense so far this year; and Fowler, while decent, isn't a long-term answer at MLB. Bullock and Thornton are both speedy LBs, so I'd like to see the Titans grab a run-stuffing MLB somewhere in the middle rounds.

Obviously, I think the Titans could use some help at other positions, like RB and WR. However, I am really hoping that they make a play for FA Michael Turner -- as I feel the RBBC of Turner/Lendale/Henry would be very good (with Turner as the primary RB, Lendale as the goalline RB, and Henry as the 3rd-down RB). Also, I'd like to see the Titans sign a solid veteran WR to start with Roydell Williams, rather than draft another WR to develop. Our offense is run-first, so we don't need a stud WR necessarily -- just reliable options, maybe someone like Patrick Crayton or Bryant Johnson.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 10-24-2007 at 12:37 AM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i believe the titans will use a day one pick on a TE next year. im fine with that if they get carlson, rucker, or fred davis and as long as they dont use their first rounder on them. i really really really want james hardy from indiana to be our next WR and i also want dennis dixon to be VYs backup.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

here it is......... the moment you have all been waiting for....... the official rob brionas fan boy video.

http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=4176
Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Corey Simon retired.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I just saw that. It's not a devastating loss, as he hadn't done anything, but it is unfortunate.

Is Grady Jackson still on the market? Because if he is, I'd like to sign him. The event in which Haynesworth drops to a knee and the trainers run out to assist him occurs at least one time a game. When that happens, Fat Al gets taken out and Tony Brown and Randy Starks are the DT's for a few plays. I think it would be great to have Grady Jackson in that scenario. He can play the NT spot for Albert for a few plays, and then they can rotate back. I don't know if Jackson can still start, for whatever reason that may be, so him being used in rotation with Albert would be great. Both will be fresh, and both can go in together only on obvious run dows.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Fisher had his Monday news conference and answered a few questions.

He said that he liked what he saw out of Michael Griffin in his first game at FS. He said he did what was expected and the only things he saw were little things that they coach. Basically what we all said on here.

He also says that he's impressed with Chris Henry, but that Chris Brown will start again when healthy.

Ken Amato is out for the season with a torn ACL.

He said that he is not concerned with Vince's performance, since Vince wasn't a major part of the gameplan, which was run-run-run. He also said that 4 passes were dropped by receivers, including 2 TD passes. He said that the Troupe pass was "one of those things" that don't go as planned but no one is to blame.

He said the almost late hit by Warren Sapp was not a foul.

Brandon Jones should be practicing by Wednesday and available for Sunday's game.

Plus, a bunch of little things about the game. If you want to read the conference in it's entirety, here it is.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Mike Williams?
nah, we dont need any more slow receivers.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
nah, we dont need any more slow receivers.
lol that was funny
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Who would win a Sumo wrestling match?

LenDale White or Mike Williams?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Eugene Amano was resigned to a new contract that runs through 2009. I hope this is the first of more to come. The resigning of Amano also makes me wonder is perhaps Reinfeldt will let Jacob Bell leave in FA in order to keep Haynesworth or someone else, since Amano is a center C/G we're really high on Leroy Harris who can play either position. I think Bell is a good player, but with the amount of money OL players got last year, I don't think it would be as much bang for our buck.

Also, Demetri Veal, a 5-year veteran who plays DE/DT and former Volunteer, was signed to the 53-man roster. Quinton Ganther was waved to make room.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-06-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i was gonna say something but i forgot......

got a nike visor tuther day, how good are they, its a step up on my old one

and tbh, ted washington and larry allen would pwnt all in sumo

and finally jacob bells football helmet annoys me, it perches wierd on his head
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

hmmmm, you know what annoys me? anyone ever notice how michael roos' jersey on the shoulder is different from every other titans? the light blue thing goes round instead of just straight down. idk why but it annoys the hell outta me.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

My offseason wishlist:

Alan Faneca
David Thomas

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The Titans released LB LeVar Woods.

That leaves a roster spot open, and we have been in constant talks apparently with Mike Williams over the past week or so. *shrug*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.