Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I really like Norm Chow, but it definitely was justified by the recession of Vince Young. I think it was just a sophomore slump, and Chow deserved at least another year, but what can you do. I wish luck to Norm, and he could be an offensive coordinator on other teams, or possibly head back to the college ranks. Anyone see him as a coach in college possibly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Reinfeldt can go choke on his own vomit.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes you think Reinfeldt fired him?

It's not like our offense was setting the world on fire anyway. I liked Norm as a coach, and sure we don't have alot of playmakers, but let's be honest: Our offense was **** for the past 3 years. And that's putting it kindly.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Who are your guys favorites for the job? Cam Cameron? Brian Billick? I have no clue.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Handz 12

I hear that the Titans are going to try to bring back Jeffs old friend and old Titan, Heimerdinger!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Woman drops complaint on Pacman.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
FlamingThumbtack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
don't matter....
Pac is on tape saying he wants out of tennessee and wants to go to Dallas.

http://www.rollingout.com/v2/index_v...tid=1152288003
fine, leave douche bag!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

When was that video?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we have a date for the video?

That really didn't sound like a trade demand, but like a wish that could happen (especially after Dallas' great year). Reminds me of T.O when he talked about getting passes thrown to him by Brett Favre. I doubt Pacman gets traded. He is a nutcase, but a nutcase that produces should be kept around unless you can get equal trade value. You really can't put much of a price on shutdown corners because they are so hard to come by. I say give him next year to see where he mentally is at, because he still sounds like that crazy money spending, party going Pacman. Just one more year Pac..

Quote:

Last edited by aNYtitan : 01-18-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 01-18-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

apparently this video was created in August so I dont know how this hasn't been mentioned earlier. Whatever. Good riddance. Hopefully we can get a draft pick for him.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
apparently this video was created in August so I dont know how this hasn't been mentioned earlier. Whatever. Good riddance. Hopefully we can get a draft pick for him.
Well you have to remember that during those summer months we were really treating Pacman like crap, not even speaking about him, I mean Jeff Fisher didn't even want to speak his name, so he does have a right to be angry against the organization, back when this was made. He is worth a 1st round draft pick, but we will only get something like a 3rd or 4th. I mean Randy Moss was worth a 4th, and he is arguably the most athletic WR in the NFL

Quote:
Old 01-18-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FlamingThumbtack

Quote:
it was made in august, but JUST posted to that site this week.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80118017/1027
Old 01-18-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you know that pac man jones has hit more strippers than he has wide recievers?
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I mistaken or is Antwan Odom going to be a free agent this year?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Am I mistaken or is Antwan Odom going to be a free agent this year?
You are not mistaken. Him, Haynesworth, and Laboy are all FA's this offseason.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rien Long was recently in a car accident. Upgraded from critical to stable condition.

Sad to hear about Rien's car accident. It happened Monday night and was a one-car crash . Apparently he was speeding, and lost control when he went off an on-ramp. His condition is improving, which is great. There was a passenger with him, but he wasn't seriously injured.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Hmmm.... sad news. Wonder why he is still hanging around nashville since he's not with the titans anymore? i guess he really loves nashville.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are not mistaken. Him, Haynesworth, and Laboy are all FA's this offseason.
Damn, we better go after him then.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping we keep Odom. He had a good year, and seems to have come into his own. So he may want a large contract. The only problem is that he's been injury prone his entire NFL career, and has two reconstructed legs. And even though he started every game, he rotated with Travis LaBoy quite a bit.

Odom is the 2nd best DE on the Titans DLine, after Vanden Bosch. But, he's not worth KVB money or big time DE money. I hope we re-sign him, but I don't think we'll break the bank for him. I hope we can keep him, and hope guys like Justin Smith and Martin Rucker receive more attention.

Either way, he'll help any 4-3 Defense. I'm assuming he'd be the LE in the Vike's Cover 2. Odom paired up with the Williams Wall would be brutal!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-23-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to keep Odom, but I don't know if I'd pay him the same money Justin Tuck got.

The only thing that I can't stop thinking though is that Odom hasn't hit his peak yet in my opinion. I think being able to play this year and stay healthy, plus a healthy offseason and another training camp, that he will be better next year.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Id rather us keep odom than laboy if it comes down to that.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Either way, he'll help any 4-3 Defense. I'm assuming he'd be the LE in the Vike's Cover 2. Odom paired up with the Williams Wall would be brutal!
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He'd be a sure improvement over anyone we have right now. We don't have a chance of getting Suggs or Peppers.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs will be the top tier of the DE's. Though, if Kansas City and Baltimore can't come to terms with them, they'll likely be Franchise Tagged.

The next tier would probably be Antwan Odom, Justin Smith, Mike Rucker, Paul Spicer(3-4 DE), and Greg White. I think White was re-signed, but I'm not sure. I think Odom heads this group. Rucker and Spicer are in their 30's, and Smith had a down year. Spicer could play in a 3-4 DEF, though, and had a good season. Rucker had a bad year, and I wonder if he'll retire.

The rest of the FA DE's are probably just backups/rotation/special teams guys, unless there's a hidden gem like KVB hidden somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB53
I'd like to keep Odom, but I don't know if I'd pay him the same money Justin Tuck got.

The only thing that I can't stop thinking though is that Odom hasn't hit his peak yet in my opinion. I think being able to play this year and stay healthy, plus a healthy offseason and another training camp, that he will be better next year.
I agree. 5-Years/30 Million is more than what KVB makes, if memory serves me right. Odom should only get that much if he has an incentive laiden contract. Tuck will be starting when Strahan retires, so the Giants aren't shelling out that money to a backup. They're shelling it to the future. If we know Odom is our future at LE, then I don't mind giving him the money,

Odom is a physical phreak. He could have been a 1st RD pick, but he fell to us in the 2nd RD. I agree that we've just seen the tip of the iceberg of what Odom can do. And if we upgrade the DT spot next to him, he'll be even better. He has the ability to be our dude at LE, but I'd prefer that his contract be incentive laiden. That, or somewhere around 5-Year/24 Million/7 Mil. Guaranteed. I think Chris Hope's contract was in that range.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I dunno. On second thought, paying him might not be a bad thing. Gotta take some risks sometimes. I think Tuck is a better, more versatile player, but Odom had a really good year in my opinion. Lots of QB hurries and lots of batted down passes and like I said, I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

Just think, if we don't re-sign him, then we will certainly have to bring in another DE because we are thin on depth there to start with. Any DE at or close to Odom's level is gonna command alot of money anyway, so why not just give it to the young guy that is still developing. The only other thought is replacing him through the draft, but it is so unpredictable, that if the board doesn't fall right, you either find yourself reaching on a guy or having to wait a round later because the guy you wanted was snatched up before your pick. Next thing you know you've drafted a 3rd or 4th round rookie DE to replace your starter.

Giving him a bigger contract than KVB is no biggie. That's just the way it's gonna be. Salaries are inflating and Antwan is young. No way around it.

I'd pay Odom before I paid Bell. And LaBoy.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind keeping Odom for the right price...

That said, I don't think he's an every-down type DE like KVB. So even if we do re-sign him for a reasonable amount, I'd like to see us invest a draft pick or sign a FA vet to come in and compete/rotate with him.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about our interior DL, as Haynesworth's contract status is up in the air, Randy Starks is gone (good riddance!), and Tony Brown is only a solid rotational type player. I know that we'll likely franchise Haynesworth if a new contract isn't worked out; however, I still think we need to either draft or sign a very good DT -- either to replace him in a year or start alongside him in the middle (with T-Brown as the rotation).
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote